Mindless Self Indulgance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
I have no idea how the hell I started listening to them, but think it's one of the best mistakes I've ever chosen to have to make. I have no idea how to discribe them but they're sorta metally-popish blink But don't get me wrong they're awesome.

My favorite song by them would probably be either F*ggot or Masturbates.

Any lovers or haters out there?

Korri
Lover.

Bed of Roses is currently my favourite track droolio

StinkFist462
msi are up there on my favs. close to tool and nin
i'd to say either....

Molly
Shut Me Up
Stupid MF
F*ggot
I Hate Jimmy Page
Seven Eleven
Dickface
Kill The Rock
Planet of the Apes

those are my favs. i seen them live. excellent show ended up making out with sir jimmy urine. quite odd blink

cad
i aint heard of them over here in the UK, well they must be good.

Victor Von Doom
They're not well known over here.

Excellent band.

Lana
I love MSI.

Ronny
Originally posted by StinkFist462
msi are up there on my favs. close to tool and nin
i'd to say either....

Molly
Shut Me Up
Stupid MF
F*ggot
I Hate Jimmy Page
Seven Eleven
Dickface
Kill The Rock
Planet of the Apes

those are my favs. i seen them live. excellent show ended up making out with sir jimmy urine. quite odd blink I love Shut me up! eek! Its my favorite off You'll rebel to anything

StinkFist462
YRTA is too damn short mad

Alpha Centauri
Of course it's not. It's just a short album. If it was a longer album full of songs like that, it'd not be as good.

The songs and the style of them are designed to fit within a short album. That's why you wanna go back for more, coz it leaves you wanting more and more and more. It's one of the few albums I can actually finish and then play all over again. It's short enough for a casual, background listen. It's got enough replay value to last ages.

-AC

StinkFist462
i like FFWSSS a lot more than YRTA. i love YRTA and everything but i was just hoping for a lil more than 26 minutes.

Ronny
YRTA is too damn short mad Dude really! 12 tracks wtf? Frankinstien Girls had like what 32?

Alpha Centauri
It's about quality not quantity.

It's short for a reason already explained above.

-AC

StinkFist462
yes i read your explanation. i understood it but i dont agree with it. i dont get the feeling of coming back for more and more. FGWSSS makes me keep coming back for more and more. i do love YRTA more mature sound though.

Lana
Bumping because they're such an awesome band big grin

(yeah I'm a dork stick out tongue)

StinkFist462
gonna see them live again on saturday

Odie
My fave is with out a dout 2 hookers and a 8 ball

StinkFist462
that is prolly the song i never listen to.

Lana
gonna see them live again on saturday

They're playing here the 18th, I'm hoping to go see them.

Tptmanno1
I fecking Missed their show!
They were playing on a Wendsday and my mom won't let me go to concerts that arn't on the weekend...
evil people...

Lana
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I fecking Missed their show!
They were playing on a Wendsday and my mom won't let me go to concerts that arn't on the weekend...
evil people...

Sucks....I'm trying to get some of my friends to come too...their show here is early, it starts at like 6 pm so I can go even though I have work the next morning.

StinkFist462
one of the best shows ever, to say the least

Alpha Centauri
One of the few who have Tight, I see.

Who signed it? I can see Kitty's autograph there.

-AC

StinkFist462
Urine and Kitty. i asked Kitty were Lyn-Z and Righ? were and she just said "i dunno". then she went on about how much "Tight" is worth and she is glad to see people still have it. then she asked if i bought on eBay and i said nah. then she got a huge ass smile.

and jimmy was just like "holy shit this is old" and put 100$ and whatnot.

Alpha Centauri
I'm always with VVD at gigs, so due to him wanting to get back after the gig, I just go with. I never really tend to wait around.

I'll definitely do so at the next MSI gig. I hear they're quite easy to get autographs from though. I'd quite like to meet Urine if he's a chatty person because I've always wondered if he's into any Patton stuff. I'd also like to meet Lyn-Z, for obvious reasons.

-AC

StinkFist462
yea she is one beautiful person, i havent met her. i been to 2 MSI shows and lyn-Z wasnt signing and righ? wasnt there for the 1st one, and wasnt signing for the 2nd one.

they are pretty nice people. very full of joy and what not. just wish all those annoying 13 year olds would stop pushing and shoving just trying to get Urines sig.

Alpha Centauri
I was so surprised to be honest. At the gig I went to, there were a lot of people who were quite clearly adhering to an image, a couple of 14 year olds. I was expecting the crowd to be lame.

I think the Incubus concert had a worse crowd now I think of it.

What was the setlist like?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm always with VVD at gigs, so due to him wanting to get back after the gig, I just go with. I never really tend to wait around.

This isn't actually true, is it?

Lana
If I wind up going on Tuesday (hoping I go, I've been feeling kinda crappy lately though) I want to try and hang around after for a bit if I can...see if I can meet any of them.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I was so surprised to be honest. At the gig I went to, there were a lot of people who were quite clearly adhering to an image, a couple of 14 year olds. I was expecting the crowd to be lame.

I think the Incubus concert had a worse crowd now I think of it.

What was the setlist like?

-AC

i dont remember the exact order but i do know they played around 30 songs.

F*gg*t (opened)
Bitches
Backmaskwarning!
Played
Planet of the Apes
7-11
Prom
Dickface
Bring The Accapella
Tornado
Diabolical
Molly (closer, then Apple Country played after it)
Panty Shot
Clarissa
Futures
Harry Truman
Holy Shit
I Hate Jimmy Page
Keepin Up With The Kids
Kick The Bucket
Kill The Rock
London Bridge
Masturbates (im not completely sure they played this one like 80% sure they did)
Royally F*cked
Pussy All Night
Shut Me Up
Straight to Video
Tom Sawyer
What Do They Know
Stupid MF

something like that. i have more MSI signed stuff if you're interested.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
This isn't actually true, is it?

To be fair, I've never actually asked you to wait. So no. Just assumed you didn't ever want to.

-AC

Lana
Seeing them tomorrow night....can't wait big grin

StinkFist462
haha. i wish i could see them again, they put on some of the best shows ever. cept on saturday they played at the worst venue, IMO. i cant stand the Quest.

Lana
Just got home from the concert about 20 minutes.....damn....it was awesome.....

StinkFist462
did you meet them afterwards?

Lana
No, we couldn't stay because by the time it ended it was getting fairly late, we had a nearly hour-long drive home, and I had work this morning which meant having to be up at 5:30 am sad

Next time, though....

StinkFist462
ahh that sucks. well, how was the show?

Lana
Pretty damn awesome, I was up at the barrier the whole time. Lyn-Z pretended to be Spiderman at the end, she jumped out into the audience, grabbed the bottom of the balcony railing, and climbed up over it into the balcony. Jimmy Urine was leaping all over the place like a madman, he picked up a bra that someone threw on stage and put it on at one point. Steve, Righ? knocked over a mic stand a few times swinging his guitar around....it was a pretty damn cool show. The place was small but not a bad place, I think that by the time MSI came on there was about 300 people there.

Revernd Maynard
I just started to hardcore listen to them, i'm listening to FGWSSS, which owns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.