Check out my band, Through Solace!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bad Boy
Hey guys, you wanna check out my band Through Solace? Here's our mp3 at www.myspace.com/throughsolace

It's hardcore/metalcore... ahhh **** it, whatever genre, who cares about labelling... neways here we are.

Df02
has alot of potential... like alot of twin vocalled bands there's 1 good and 1 not soo good.

not a huge fan of the slow part in the middle, not because i don't like slow parts in songs but because it didnt really appeal.

none the less - well done, better than alot of the millions of bands of that type poppin up now

Bad Boy
hey cheers dood!

nick1811
very impressive!

Df02
Originally posted by Bad Boy
hey cheers dood!

i wouldn't usually rate peoples bands on forums (principle thing..) but seein as there are very few hardcore fans on the forum i thought i'd put my input in so you have a wide spread of views thumb up

cad
its ok.

sk8stuff09
pretty cool guitar riffs.....the screaming....i dunno

darth_royke
sing it, dont shout growl or scream it. it really doesnt add any emotion.
and the guitars.... the riff itself is fine, but the actual sound the guitars make.... sounds very... typical. hard to explain. get some meat on dem dere bones. make the guitars carry the emotion, soften tghe vocals right up... almost whisper instead, and let the guitars carry the emotion.

Bad Boy
cool man

Darth Revan
Originally posted by darth_royke
sing it, dont shout growl or scream it. it really doesnt add any emotion.
and the guitars.... the riff itself is fine, but the actual sound the guitars make.... sounds very... typical. hard to explain. get some meat on dem dere bones. make the guitars carry the emotion, soften tghe vocals right up... almost whisper instead, and let the guitars carry the emotion.

It's a hardcore band... erm

long pig
You don't have to scream the whole song, screaming all the times makes it less of an effective way to convey the emotion that you're feeling.

Hardcore doesn't = Scream 24/7 sing it dammit! big grin

Otherwise it's not bad.

cad
Originally posted by long pig
You don't have to scream the whole song, screaming all the times makes it less of an effective way to convey the emotion that you're feeling.

Hardcore doesn't = Scream 24/7 sing it dammit! big grin

Otherwise it's not bad. thats a good point.

darth_royke
i feel that by screaming all the time, emotion doesnt come through because you cant understand the message in the lyrics, simply because you cant understand what you hearing.

Cinemaddiction
Sounds like POD and newer Deftones with the ****ing Tasmanian Devil on vocals.

This is what they call "hardcore" these days?

Alpha Centauri
Nothing wrong with newer Deftones.

P.O.D however...

Screaming is a very touchy thing with me. It either sounds great, shit, or like they're doing it for the sake of it.

The Blood Brothers have alot of screaming but it fits. Then you have most of the other screamo/emo bands where they're doing it coz they think they have to.

-AC

Cinemaddiction
I enjpy music where the lyrics are distinguishable. That's why I like so few bands. yes

Bad Boy
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Sounds like POD and newer Deftones with the ****ing Tasmanian Devil on vocals.

This is what they call "hardcore" these days?

Lol, can't say I agree with that dood! Haha!

Yeah, I get some people dont like and even despise screaming in songs. And yeah, there's so many bands that do it and I used to hate it in songs. It's just grown on me and I reckon my 2 singers are good at it (would have sounded much better if the recording quality was better tho! Doh!).

There will be singing on other songs, we just didnt feel this song needed much.

But cheers for your comments guys! We should have the next one done soon, and to be honest I think it's much better than this one!

Korri
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I enjpy music where the lyrics are distinguishable. That's why I like so few bands. yes

Word to ya!

jaden101
not my sort of stuff but you sound like you guys have more talent than most of the local heavy bands around my area...

n00bslayer
good stuff thumb up thumb up

kier14matrix
pretty good band.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.