greatest movie twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sultan kudarat
what do you think are the best movie twists that you have seen?

i'd have to say vader's "luke... i'm your father." is one of the biggest movie twist ever. also the sixth sense when we find out that bruce actually did die. and the fight club when it was revealed that ed norton's character was also tyler durden.

sblomie545
agreed, star wars and the 6th sense were really good plot twists

Cinemaddiction
Hmm..Vader as Luke's father and Keyser Soze.

Bardock42
Maybe Memento (don't know if that counts since it is in the end and not in the middle) then of course Sixth Sense, and ESB, Unbreakable is cool too just rather obvious.

Ast Rofan
Though I wasnt around, I have to say the Darth Vader twist.

BTW, since it has been brought up, am I the only person who thinks 6th Sense isnt all that good when you know the secret?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Though I wasnt around, I have to say the Darth Vader twist.

BTW, since it has been brought up, am I the only person who thinks 6th Sense isnt all that good when you know the secret?

Well, l.ots of movies have that problem, its still a decent movie though.

Evil Dead
I'm with C-dic..........Empire Strikes Back and The Usual Suspects......

Cinemaddiction
The best part about "The Usual Suspects" twist is that not only did Kevin Spacey pull it off masterfully, as McQuarrie wrote it, (then proceeded to vanish off the face of the Earth,) but the movies rewatch value, even after that insane revelation is just as strong the 10th, 100th, or 1,000th time you've watched it. There are a lot of films that blow your mind at the end, then are spent. This one, IMO, isn't one of them.

xLiNdS x 622x
I think Psycho had a pretty good twist..

MildPossession
It would have been magical in the 60's to see the twist.

BackFire
Se7en

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
Se7en
Oh totally agree...absolutely forgot aboot that....

Dresta
i would have to say the twist in the usual suspects i mean u didn't even suspect it. also the six sense plot twist wasn't great as it was fairly obvious that he was dead about an hour into the movie.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dresta
i would have to say the twist in the usual suspects i mean u didn't even suspect it. also the six sense plot twist wasn't great as it was fairly obvious that he was dead about an hour into the movie.
How was that obvious?

Dresta
just the way his wife ignored him and the kid was the only person that spoke directly to him. i had heard that there was a big plot twist before i saw it thoughand that could have helped me figure it out.

seriph
Originally posted by sblomie545
agreed, star wars and the 6th sense were really good plot twists
this gives me an idea, maybe someone should make a film called the sith scence...

Dresta
no they shouldn't

tx24
I would have to say sixth sense, empire strikes back and thought finding out the creatures in the Villiage were people was a good twist. thumb up

Red Superfly
It's "No, I am your father" not "Luke, I am your father".

It's clearly the greatest movie twist of all time but not the most widely rememberred it seems......

Get it right - DOH! eek!

bone_collector
The Sixth Sense, Usual Suspects and The Ring 2

MetallicaT
The Game ( with Michael Douglas, Sean Penn)

jaden101
the life of david gale

Uneeklyconfused
'Identity' starring John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet....

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
'Identity' starring John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet....

Woah...I was just about to say that blink

el barto_1
the se7en twist realy sucked, but the saw twist (wich was pritty similar) was way better, and my favorite twist wich is the haute tention twist

Cinemaddiction
What? Se7en ending was brilliant, SAW ending was ridiculous and uncredible, and Identity was straight out of Fight Club.

Bardock42
I liked the game ending.....I missed parts of the beginning though....so I am not all that sure....

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
SAW ending was ridiculous and uncredible
I don't love the ending for the 'twist' - I could see it coming... I just love when he turns around and rolls the door shut with the guy screaming. The way it was shot was funny. And scary. And spooky.

devil

T.M
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The best part about "The Usual Suspects" twist is that not only did Kevin Spacey pull it off masterfully, as McQuarrie wrote it, (then proceeded to vanish off the face of the Earth,) but the movies rewatch value, even after that insane revelation is just as strong the 10th, 100th, or 1,000th time you've watched it. There are a lot of films that blow your mind at the end, then are spent. This one, IMO, isn't one of them.

Agreed without a shadow of a doubt.

i have watched it a good few times now and every time i watch it i pick up on more stuff. like him reading the bottom of the coffee mug e.c.t.

great stuff yes

dark1365
Originally posted by sultan kudarat
what do you think are the best movie twists that you have seen?

i'd have to say vader's "luke... i'm your father." is one of the biggest movie twist ever. also the sixth sense when we find out that bruce actually did die. and the fight club when it was revealed that ed norton's character was also tyler durden.
Yeah, that had me going "What the fu--?!"

Cinemaddiction
I think the BEST TWIST EVER..was by Tracy Turnblatt in "Hairspray!"

Yuck yuck yuck!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

sultan kudarat
Originally posted by Red Superfly
It's "No, I am your father" not "Luke, I am your father".

It's clearly the greatest movie twist of all time but not the most widely rememberred it seems......

Get it right - DOH! eek!

well, that's how most people remember it, i guess.

and se7en was pretty good. i watched that movie more than 10 times.

tkitna
I liked 'Unbreakable' and still enjoyed 'Wild Things'. They threw some twists at you.

pr1983
Crying game...

Mainstream
the 6th sense was pretty good....Bruce Willis Character was dead and he didn't know it.

sultan kudarat
i think that was why the 6th sense twist was good. he was the only one that doesn't know he's dead. well, him and the audience,

Mainstream
i think that was why the 6th sense twist was good. he was the only one that doesn't know he's dead. well, him and the audience,

heh heh heh the orginal planet of the apes had a cool twist too.

The Tired Hiker
I'll have to go with The Muppet Movie.

When Animal ate that pill at the end that made him big and scary, who EVER saw that coming? Sooooo great!

aj_vader
http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef239524432ba87f1ca8f70eed4b1fa7/en_large.mov

KING KONG!

elementdeltaX
Matchstick Men has a really good one as well

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by aj_vader
http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef239524432ba87f1ca8f70eed4b1fa7/en_large.mov

KING KONG!
blink

ThePhantomsKiss
I loved the ending of SAW

ashtonsNO1fan
id definately have to say The Others, and Sixth sense

sultan kudarat
Originally posted by elementdeltaX
Matchstick Men has a really good one as well

that was a good one too. but i kinda saw it coming that sam rockwell's character was gonna screw over nick cage's. the daughter part, i had no clue.

tabby999
yeah, loved the ending of that movie, beautifully done

general-pain
I have to say the twist in the middle of Minority Report. I never saw that one coming.

T.M
that was a good one too. but i kinda saw it coming that sam rockwell's character was gonna screw over nick cage's. the daughter part, i had no clue.

i kinda saw that comming to.

the daughter no way.

great twist.

OTNEMEM
I'd probably have to give it to Memento, The Prestige, Mulholland Dr., Fight Club and The Sixth Sense, though I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Also is it just me or was The Usual Suspects twist really not as great as people make it out to be? I mean, sure, it was pretty surprising and cleverly done but there was something about it that just didn't wow me like I'm sure it wowed a lot of people out there.

marwash22
I'm gonna go with the end of the first "Saw". I don't care who claims they did, NO ONE saw that crap coming. I remember walking out of theater and people were stupefied.

OTNEMEM
2 and 4 also had some pretty awesome twists (the one in 4 was probably my favorite of the series). The Saw films are pretty underrated actually now that I come to think of it.

MildPossession
The Orphanage - and for once I didn't know about the twist and got a good, but sad, surprise. Amazing film.

marwash22
The Orphan (2009) had a pretty good twist. I think it was good because watching the movie, it should have been obvious, but wasn't.

steverules_2
Vader as Lukes father was just huge, Leia as Lukes sister was just incest

Bicnarok
The Sixth Sense did it for me, I was actually speechless when it turned out Brucey was dead as well.

steverules_2
I kinda figured it out...that he was dead sad

Stall_19
I thought eXistenZ had a great twist, definitely one I didn't see coming.

roughrider
The Empire Strikes Back, The Crying Game, and Psycho.

Rogue Jedi
The Usual Suspects.

Spartan005
I remember watching the sixth sense for the second time and realizing that the plot twist was the most absolutely ridiculous thing ever put to film. Made no sense at all.

I'm going to throw in SAW for having a pretty awesome twist (even though it was also a bit ridiculous)

siriuswriter
Pyscho's twist is up there with the best. That may be because it was the first movie I saw with a twist like that, and still being boggled by the twist and then seeing that last shot with the mom mummy face being shot over anthony perkins'.

other films - the others, the the usual suspects , fight club, a beautiful mind, gaslight, suspicion, north by northwest. pretty much every hitchcock film has a twist i love... ah, vertigo.

Myth
Originally posted by -Pr-
Crying game...

This. Most of these are just like a last second twist, but Crying Game had a twist that changed the outlook of the the last third of the movie (rather than just the last 5 minutes) and took it a whole different direction. Plus, I in no way saw that coming, with the reveal being one of the biggest WTF moments I've ever seen in a movie. Now, with all that said, I'm interpreting the words "greatest twist" as most shocking, unexpected, and has a major change on the rest of the movie. I don't think it was the greatest in the sense of "I think that is what made the movie so great," because I could have done without that twist and thought the first half of the movie was actually the great part about the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.