could god copy or clone himself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imlistening
if god can do everything, than can he create two of himself. and if he could and did, would they be jealous of eachother?

tx24
God is everywhere! He doesn't make clones of himself either.

debbiejo
He already had....It's called people.....Made in His/Its image...

Echuu
If this were true then we would be able to do almost anything; including saving ourselves from death.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Echuu
If this were true then we would be able to do almost anything; including saving ourselves from death.

Not the physical....the inner most spiritual part of us....There is no death.

Echuu
Hmm; interesting aspect of it- we are immortal in that sense. I still fail to see how we can attain the right as gods, unless you are referring to some Mormon beliefs that I have heard of which still doesn't make any sense.
We have no supernatural power save the immortality of our souls which ironically is achieved through death.

debbiejo
Hmm; interesting aspect of it- we are immortal in that sense. I still fail to see how we can attain the right as gods, unless you are referring to some Mormon beliefs that I have heard of which still doesn't make any sense.
We have no supernatural power save the immortality of our souls which ironically is achieved through death.

Well, I don't know much about Mormons, but I feel that God is spirit so are we...And once we are back in our spirit form we will be unlimited in what we can do.....I feel that we are part of the WHOLENESS of what God is....If God decides to create another universe...we will be part of the creating...because we are part of God.

Echuu
I would have to disagree but good discussion anyway. The Mormons believe(from what I have researched) that when they die the male will call up his female partner from the grave and they will both become gods and rule over their own planet around the universe. They will have children for the rest of their lives and populate the planet they are on.
The other stuff like the earth and God/devil origen is pretty odd and I don't remember too much of it.
I know that the JW's and the Mormons both resulted from a split/or just spanned from the Seventh Day Adventists which are even weirder. The Seventh Day' hierarchy predicted the end of the world like four or five times in the past and time just kept on goin while some people who believed this sold all their land and just sat around waiting.

XxoooxX
I would have to disagree but good discussion anyway. The Mormons believe(from what I have researched) that when they die the male will call up his female partner from the grave and they will both become gods and rule over their own planet around the universe. They will have children for the rest of their lives and populate the planet they are on.
The other stuff like the earth and God/devil origen is pretty odd and I don't remember too much of it.
I know that the JW's and the Mormons both resulted from a split/or just spanned from the Seventh Day Adventists which are even weirder. The Seventh Day' hierarchy predicted the end of the world like four or five times in the past and time just kept on goin while some people who believed this sold all their land and just sat around waiting.

Ya kind of ignorang of them.

Imlistening
people that believe that the world is going to come to an end by gods hand, are mislead, the world is going to be destroyed by man or something from outer space. god isn't going to have anything to do with it, because he doesn't interfere with our lives.

Barka

no SOOOOOOOOO WRONG

(Among other things) We belive that once married and sealed in an LDS Temple, you are together for all eternity(with your family), in heaven.

WE DO NOW POPULATE PLANETS WHEN WE DIE

debbiejo
How cool....we got a Mormon....never met a mormon....

HI..I'm a heretic. smile

RedAlertv2
New Question: Could God make a burrito so hot that He himself could not eat it?

cking
no

debbiejo
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
New Question: Could God make a burrito so hot that He himself could not eat it?

Since you are part of what God is....I guess that would be something that YOU would have to contemplate....Could you?

cking
guess

Bardock42
Originally posted by cking
no

Well....that means he isn't almighty now is he?

Darth_Janus
This whole thread runs on the assumption of God

A) acting like us in that he would desire a clone or, should one be made, react in jealousy.

B) would be able to replicate himself through some spiritual means, since he is not flesh and blood and 'cloning' as we know it would be impossible.

and C) He eats burritos.

Since all of the above is utter crap, I consider this case closed.

Bardock42
So you say God doesn't eat Buritos...on what part of the Bible do you base that on?

Darth_Janus
Dude, God is CLEARLY a hotdog kinda guy. I mean, he's like a spectator at a ball game... All the time, no less.

RedAlertv2
well.... maybe he gets tired of hotdogs sometimes.

Darth_Janus
But even if he did eat burritos he couldn't make it so hot he couldn't eat it, unless he made his tongue fireproof. Ahhh... what now?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
This whole thread runs on the assumption of God

A) acting like us in that he would desire a clone or, should one be made, react in jealousy.

B) would be able to replicate himself through some spiritual means, since he is not flesh and blood and 'cloning' as we know it would be impossible.

and C) He eats burritos.

Since all of the above is utter crap, I consider this case closed.

We are all God stuff......and yes, I eat burritos....

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Imlistening
if god can do everything, than can he create two of himself. and if he could and did, would they be jealous of eachother?

Well if it were god then yes, because its god.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
But even if he did eat burritos he couldn't make it so hot he couldn't eat it, unless he made his tongue fireproof. Ahhh... what now?

well but then he wouldn't be almighty now would he?

Darth_Janus
Almighty is a vague term. Omnipotent is a contradiction starting with 'o' and ending with 't'.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by debbiejo
Not the physical....the inner most spiritual part of us....There is no death.

True

cking
yep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.