who hates country music,i do!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker1
IT HAS NO TASTE

jaden101
taste lessons from a guy who puts as his location "at a skatepark"

no thanks...i'll pass

Korri
Closed-minded people suck.

...Next...

joeykangaroo
confused *timidly sticks hand up* i dont like it

LLG
I don't like it, but I don't hate it.

Bardock42
Hmm, not a big fan...Garth Brooks is decent, I like James Tqylor (not sure if that is country) some Jonny Cash is ok...well except for that....not a big fan.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by skywalker1
IT HAS NO TASTE

this coming from someone who loves godsmack roll eyes (sarcastic)

two pointless threads. go you. search next time instead of bringing your shit in here.

Cinemaddiction
My feelings towards country music are the same as those I harbor for "new hardcore" bands. It's allderiviative, it's all monotonous, virtually anyone can do it, and it's a sure-fire career move, because there are very few long standing stars in either genre of music.

I hate them both, not because the artists aren't talented, because they are unoriginal. Music is about SELF expression, not being carbon copies of other people's feelings set to music. If you feel the same way as someone else, stop going solo and start a band.

leowyatt
i like country can't stand crap opps i mean rap

Bardock42
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
My feelings towards country music are the same as those I harbor for "new hardcore" bands. It's allderiviative, it's all monotonous, virtually anyone can do it, and it's a sure-fire career move, because there are very few long standing stars in either genre of music.

I hate them both, not because the artists aren't talented, because they are unoriginal. Music is about SELF expression, not being carbon copies of other people's feelings set to music. If you feel the same way as someone else, stop going solo and start a band.

Its not all the same, i guess...a some of it is good , pretty much liek rap......its just generally not my kind of music (nor does it have a very broad scene here in Germany)

Red Superfly
Country is pretty lame on the whole, however there are some songs that I love, particularly anything blues related.

I'm a sucker for blues.

Df02
i don't think someone who makes a thread about which godsmack member people prefer can comment on any genre's quality

darth_royke
i like some country, there are some gems out there. johnny cash had a terrific voice, especially near his death. the cover of 'hurt' by nin was far superior to the original.

MildPossession
Patsy Cline is a favourite of mine, apart from her I am not a big fan of Country music.

sk8stuff09
where i live, the people listen to weird country that all sounds the same, it sucks, but thats my opinion.

BasketCase
I like some country music.

StinkFist462
Johnny Cash.

jaden101
but do you like orange soda?

Red Superfly
Superfly loves orange soda............

cad
i dont listen to it but i dont really like it.

RagnaViper
I have found very little redeeming qualities to country.

skywalker1
for people who say that i shouldnt ask this. i just want to know who dislikes it

skywalker1
im not saying i dont like it. i just want to know who doesnt like it

tomsgurlz
Originally posted by skywalker1
im not saying i dont like it. i just want to know who doesnt like it

to answer your question skywalker1 I HATE COUNTRY even though my parents love it (their gay) Im more punk/goth type.. I mean come on who here is an inbred hick?

skywalker1

skywalker1
thanx tomsgirls

ElectricBugaloo
anyone who thinks that garth brooks is country probably also thinks that blink 182 is punk or that evanescance is goth. pop-country doesn't even deserve to be lumped in with real country - it's closer to blink 182 and evanescance.

There's a great story in Issue 66 of Punk Planet called "Any Kind of Music But Country" about alt-country. As Robbie Fulks says, "It's the same thing that makes Beyonce music bad or Tom Petty music bad... I think coutnry music in particular is too market-driven and too dependent on that narrow window of program directors on commercial radio - that's what totally drives country music."

Joy Sondgrass of alt-coutnry band Drag Rthe River says, "Hank Williams Sr. was as punk as anybody. A lot of that stuff was just so bare-bones and raw and full of life, you know? It's go a lot of the same things that made me enjoy punk rock."

And there are many similarities between real country and punk rock. Harlan Howard famously called country, "three chords and the truth." does that sound familiar? Does it bring to mind bands like The Ramones, Minor Threat, Husker Du, et al? Country and punk are similar in many ways. They are both blue collar music, they both are very political; in some ways the only difference is the chord selection and delivery.

Langford also said, "Country is punk music for old people." Country is what young punks mature into.

Singer Neko Case says, "I don't think it's coutnry's fault, but bad music apparently sells a lot of ads." I agree. Look at the taste of many of the people on these forums. Godsmack is derivitive drivel for mall-rockers and those too lazy to look deeper. 50 Cent is a half-talent who's best career move was being shot.

Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr, The Carter Family, WIllie Nelson, etc. all redefined country in their times (hell, the Carter Family invented country). Johnny Cash sings of prison reform and hard luck as any hip hop MC would wish; where they rap of ghetto life and it's trials, Cash speaks of the old west and Folsom Prison. What is the difference besides scenery and skin color? Willie Nelson sings political better than many this side of The Clash.

Dismissing country as a whole is the path that 1) mall-music buyers 2) lazy people 3) stupid people take.

Morning_Glory
country music is gross

el_barto
I love Johnny Cash's 'hurt' and some Willie Nelson, but that's pretty much it.

amity75
I didn't like it till I played San Andreas on the PS2 and listened to the country station. Altogether now - "All my Ex's live in Texas..."

darth_dracus
i think country is koo me and my gf made out during a contry song

darth_dracus
hey tomgurlz wanna make out

ElectricBugaloo
it's really funny seeing people who have no idea what they're talking about post.

KharmaDog
Every genre has good bands and crap bands, to say that you hate an entire genre of music means to imply that you've listen to an entire genre of music which means in this case you're well over a hundred years old (to have listened to all the country music available) or just full of shit.

I'd guess that you're full of shit.

Country has it's poptarts and crap bands, it's the new pop.

But it also has bands like The Mike Plume Band and artists such a Cash and Williams.

Not to mention one of my favourite singer songwriters, Steve Earle. Country can include rock, blues, bluegrass, folk and other stylings. So if you hate all that, what do you listen to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.