Does anyone want to see Dark water?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

andylc716
Does anyone want to see dark water?

jinzin
i'm not particularly excited to see it no...

Zilverz
im not doing a countdown either, but it could be creepy. I was one of the few that was scared by the Ring when it first came out. So i guess im a vagina though.

MildPossession
Apparently it's not very horror like compared to the original, it's more a mother/daughter relationship film, so don't go into it expecting a scary horror film because in that aspect it's suppose to fail, but as a drama it is suppose to be excellent.

I have been looking forwards to see it for ages, and I'm going into seeing it as more of the drama aspect.

Love the original, so be interesting to compare.

beta-wolf_101
If it is from the same guy as the Ring then it can't be good .

ChickinMeat
I dont want to seem like one of these elitest film fans, as im not, but i dont see why they have to remake all these classic films, why cant they just play the original in cinemas again?

I guess its money

TheRing
Originally posted by MildPossession
Apparently it's not very horror like compared to the original, it's more a mother/daughter relationship film, so don't go into it expecting a scary horror film because in that aspect it's suppose to fail, but as a drama it is suppose to be excellent.

It better not be this way, it would ruin it. This movie has potential to be a good film, but if they drift the way of drama then it won't be good at all.

LLG
I'll probably just rent it when it comes out.

Zilverz
i hate movies that have a trailer that makes you think it is one type of movie and then its not ... makes me feel like i got scammed

kmcdude
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
If it is from the same guy as the Ring then it can't be good .

Very true wink

crickey77
That's strange about the whole drama thing - i really thought it was going to be more of a scary movie. Mildpossession, where did you hear that?

Either way, I def. want to see this one. The trailer is pretty good.

MildPossession
Read it in a review from a film magazine.

crickey77
Read it in a review from a film magazine.

interesting... i haven't heard that, but I guess a lot more articles will be coming out in the next week or two. Which mag was it? (if you remember)

*Kitty*Killar*
That is the gayest movie ever!

MildPossession
It was either Total Film, Empire or Film Review.

crickey77
Cool, thanks. They just released some new behind the scenes footage if anyone is interested. Its up on movieweb: http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film.php?2408

Wolfie
Doesn't look like anything special.

b-dan
i dont probly cuz the guy who made the ring remake made it and i thougt the ring was shitt

ragesRemorse
it looks like it will be a very long and boring film.

MildPossession
b-Dan, Dark Water isn't made by the person who made the Ring remake...

crickey77
it was written by the same guy but its directed by walter salles (motorcycle diaries). anyone caught the internet trailer yet? its pretty cool...
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3219845/news?item_id=3744476

MildPossession
It's more a psychological drama, the original was more a psychological supernatural drama than full on scary horror.

crickey77
one of my friends went to a screening earlier this week and he said its sort of a sixth sense-twist kind of movie. i tend to prefer those kind of movies more anyway. i just checked it out on rotten tomatoes and it seems to be getting pretty good reviews so far.

Cinemaddiction
Think I'll go because I've seen the same damn trailer for the movie 1,000 times now..just to see something different.

SltherinQueenDM
i want to but none of my friends do.. so i have to find a guy

MildPossession
Or go on your own.

Serra_Keto
I do... Jennifer Connelly... love

b-dan
im seein git but i dont want to

b-dan
Originally posted by *Kitty*Killar*
That is the gayest movie ever! ho wcan u hate it the guy who the ring made it

Morning_Glory
did anyone like this movie?

b-dan
dont see it it suxs!!!!

MildPossession
Why does it 'sux'?

b-dan
Why does it 'sux'? if u think a movie with water that looks like hsit a gay ghost girl and a hello kitty back pack your messed it wasent even scary just wait till skelton keye ive seen all of movies this guy has made and im never impressed im waiting till he makes a good film

b-dan
Why does it 'sux'? if u think a movie with water that looks like hsit a gay ghost girl and a hello kitty back pack your messed it wasent even scary just wait till skelton keye ive seen all of movies this guy has made and im never impressed im waiting till he makes a good film

b-dan

BaronOBeefDip
Eh, I don't really wanna see it. The commercials just drove me away because they just got too annoying. I remember one commercial said "It was the most original horror film of the year." to which I shouted back at my TV at the top of my lungs "Until you go to Japan!"

preysin
im goin to go see it.

dawsey28
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg
ggggggg!!!

What The censored!!!

If you have seen Grudge, The Ring, Stir of Echoes, or What Lies Beneath, the you have already seen this movie.

What cliche bullcensored!!!

Kupotek
Original was better. Jennifer Connely and Tim Roth are great though, the ending of the remake was a big letdown, especally compared to the masterful ending to the original.

If you see the original DO NOT get the dubbed version.

MildPossession
Dubbing is a load of crap anyway, unless you want a laugh or watching the old kung fu movies.

Yes, original Dark Water is fabulous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.