What has God done in your life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tx24
God has blessed me with wonderful friends and a great christian family! big grin Whenever I just feel like talking to him I know he listens to me because he has proven that he does listen to us when we pray or just chat with him. I had a friend who didn't want to go to college because she just didn't want to go through with school. I prayed for her for about 6 months (every night before i went to bed) and now she is in University of Alabama and is loving it! God is wonderful and we are all blessed to be children of God. angel God's grace and mercy sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so that we can go to heaven and have eternal life when we die.

debbiejo
What has God done for me????? Given me a life to enjoy, To experience every nook and crany of it....good and bad, Hot and cold, up and down, and to chose the the very best of it to live by. I enjoy every smell, every taste, every touch, every thought......This I am thankful for...I couldn't ask for anything more............I am very blessed indeed.

XxoooxX
Well he gave the afericans hope and turned them down. Let them starve die of Disease. Than gave them more hope than turned them down again.

He has confused me for the last 100,000,000 times. Never helped me find the write religon. Basicly left me in the dark sad But I guess he only helps Randome people.

XxoooxX
I guess he only helps people who belive in him. Or the people who have faith in him.

finti
nothing cause I dont believe in a god

Storm
Nothing.

Bardock42
Nothing...cause he doesn't exist.....well maybe he's just dead but .....same difference I say.......but different question...what has Shiva done in your life?

tx24
XxoooxX please understand. He doesn't just help random people or just help those who believe in him. He helps everybody. I believe he has helped you and you just hadn't noticed it yet because God works in mysterious ways. Trust me. There have been times in my life when I felt God has given up on me but when i thought about it and realized that he is there with you no matter what. There is a story in the bible that talks about god tested a mans faith by not helping him for 80 years and the man still believed in God. God then blessed him with so many things and also that man got to see Jesus, God's son. God is there with you. You just have to believe and have faith.

punkrocker666
gods made my life worse

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by finti
nothing cause I dont believe in a god ditto
yes

debbiejo
Originally posted by punkrocker666
gods made my life worse

No, you do.

tx24
Ditto debbiejo. I agree with that. People push God away, but God still sticks by our side. We mess up our life not God. We sin, not God. God doesn't make us make bad choices, we chose to make those choices. There is a right and wrong path and God helps guide us to the right path. He doesn't make us go down a certain path.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Nothing...cause he doesn't exist.....well maybe he's just dead but .....same difference I say.......but different question...what has Shiva done in your life?

Shiva is the third form of God as the Destroyer, one of the trimurti (popularly called the "Hindu trinity"wink. In the trimurti, Shiva is the destroyer, while Brahma and Vishnu are creator and preserver, respectively. However, even though He represents destruction, He is viewed as a positive force (The Destroyer of Evil), since creation follows destruction. Worshippers of Shiva are called Shaivaites. For Shaivaites, however, Shiva is the only Ultimate Reality (see Ishta-Deva for fuller discussion).

Shiva's a good guy...But he has blue skin....

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo

That's racism!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad

j/k stick out tongue

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by tx24
God has blessed me with wonderful friends and a great christian family! big grin Whenever I just feel like talking to him I know he listens to me because he has proven that he does listen to us when we pray or just chat with him. I had a friend who didn't want to go to college because she just didn't want to go through with school. I prayed for her for about 6 months (every night before i went to bed) and now she is in University of Alabama and is loving it! God is wonderful and we are all blessed to be children of God. angel God's grace and mercy sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so that we can go to heaven and have eternal life when we die.

God sent me Casey (A past miracle, an angel) and God has sent me Daniel, the one I met 7 months ago, am engaged to, and forever will be with. He's beautiful, I cant believe he's actually mine!

tx24
That is beautiful Morbid4Daniel. yes I hope one day that I find the right man for me and I believe that god will show that right man for me when god knows I'm ready for a relationship with a guy. love

Morbid4Daniel
Well thank you so much, tx!
Im sure some day you will, in fact im positive of it. Just look, keep your eyes open.

PrinceofBlades

What are you thankful for?

Impediment
Your god has done nothing for me. Neither has Buddha, Shiva, Kali, Ganesha,, Ra, Anubis, Osiris, Zeus, Odin, Pan, Hephaestus, Thor, Loki, Ooga-Booga, and all of the OTHER mythological fairy tales called gods throughout history. For that matter, neither has Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, or Cupid. You asked. one eye

debbiejo
Originally posted by Impediment
Your god has done nothing for me. Neither has Buddha, Shiva, Kali, Ganesha,, Ra, Anubis, Osiris, Zeus, Odin, Pan, Hephaestus, Thor, Loki, Ooga-Booga, and all of the OTHER mythological fairy tales called gods throughout history. For that matter, neither has Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, or Cupid. You asked. one eye

Not even Santa???

Impediment
Hell, no. I asked him for a puppy when I was 7, and I got Legos instead. santa

finti
whatever Im thankful for is not the doings of any god

debbiejo
Originally posted by Impediment
Hell, no. I asked him for a puppy when I was 7, and I got Legos instead. santa

I asked for a big sister.....I got a doll that pees

Bardock42
Shiva is the third form of God as the Destroyer, one of the trimurti (popularly called the "Hindu trinity"wink. In the trimurti, Shiva is the destroyer, while Brahma and Vishnu are creator and preserver, respectively. However, even though He represents destruction, He is viewed as a positive force (The Destroyer of Evil), since creation follows destruction. Worshippers of Shiva are called Shaivaites. For Shaivaites, however, Shiva is the only Ultimate Reality (see Ishta-Deva for fuller discussion).

I didn't ask what Shiva is I asked what Shiva has done good in your life lately mad ......stick out tongue

Oh and right on Racist too big grin

debbiejo
He got rid of a rash.....You??

finti
what kind of rash laughing out loud

debbiejo
An invisible one....couldn't feel, couldn't see it....and it was a real miracle.

finti
couldnt feel it couldnt see it? sounds like Tommy in Whos rock opera Tommy

debbiejo
That was a freaky weird movie...

Jury
What God has done for me?

He gave me life and he made it wonderful. He blessed it with the RIGHT and PRIVILEGE to worship and serve Him.

finti
the album is awesome

debbiejo
Yeah...it really is....Haven't heard it in a loooong time.

finti
listen to it frequently

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jury
What God has done for me?

He gave me life and he made it wonderful. He blessed it with the RIGHT and PRIVILEGE to worship and serve Him.

And you are sure god did that and not your parents because?.......

finti
laughing out loud back to the beeeeeeeeeeees and the flowers

Jury
My parents are the instruments of God for me to have life in this world, but God is still the Source of life. I'm sure because I exist.

debbiejo
laughing out loud And bee-have(n)

debbiejo
Originally posted by Jury
My parents are the instruments of God

Like a trombone and a tuba?

finti
making babies instrument

debbiejo
making babies instrument

A baby horn.

finti
a baby button

debbiejo
What has god done in my life????

Given me instruments...

finti
do you play the meat flute

debbiejo
No, I've tried it...I blow and blow and not a sound comes out...I'll stick to the bag pipes. Gotta stay away from the piccolos. eek!

finti
you wanna know what picc translate to in Norwegian

debbiejo
OK....do I dare?

finti
come on , I dare ya

debbiejo
small??

finti
no, it starts with a c for slang and p when it is school language

debbiejo
no I'm not goin there......I've heard stories about that place... It's scary.

tx24
blink uumm... eeww!

Imaginary

finti
I guess that reply says it all Imaginary if not the post maybe your choice of nick

angeljourney
GOD OPENED UP MY EYES TO THE TRUTH AND THE REALIZATION OF WHO HE REALLY IS.

YES, IT IS TRUE AND SAD THAT MANY SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS HAVE SUBSTITUTED PAGAN WORSHIP AND PAGAN IDEAS ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD. THE SAME IS TRUE THAT ALOT OF CHRISTIANS GO TO SCHOOL, WORK, WHATEVER AND ARE THE SAME OR WORSE THAN SOME NON BELIEVERS AND ACT A DIFFERENT WAY WHEN THEY ARE IN CHURCH.

THE TERM CHRISTIAN DESCRIBES CHRIST-LIKE, BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE USE THAT LABEL GENERICALLY AND JUST BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN GOD, THEY ARE CHRISTIAN. HOWEVER, THAT DOES NOT DESCRIBE ALL.

A TRUE CHRISTIAN IS TOTALLY TRANSFORMED OR SHOULD I SAY, SHOULD BE TOTALLY TRANSFORMED IN HIS WAY OF THINKING AND DOING THINGS. THERE IS ONE TRUE GOD AND HIS NAME IS JESUS! THERE ARE NOT 3. SEE, PEOPLE BACK IN BIBLE TIMES DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GOD EITHER. GOD WANTED SO DESPERATELY TO REACH THEM, BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR THEM, THAT GOD WHO IS A SPIRIT CAME DOWN IN FLESH TO PROVE TO THE UNBELIEVING MAN THAT HE EXISTED. THEY WOULD NOT BELIEVE WITHOUT FIRST TOUCHING HIM.

debbiejo
Originally posted by angeljourney

YES, IT IS TRUE AND SAD THAT MANY SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS HAVE SUBSTITUTED PAGAN WORSHIP AND PAGAN IDEAS ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD. THE SAME IS TRUE THAT ALOT OF CHRISTIANS GO TO SCHOOL, WORK, WHATEVER AND ARE THE SAME OR WORSE THAN SOME NON BELIEVERS AND ACT A DIFFERENT WAY WHEN THEY ARE IN CHURCH.

THE TERM CHRISTIAN DESCRIBES CHRIST-LIKE, BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE USE THAT LABEL GENERICALLY AND JUST BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN GOD, THEY ARE CHRISTIAN. HOWEVER, THAT DOES NOT DESCRIBE ALL.

A TRUE CHRISTIAN IS TOTALLY TRANSFORMED OR SHOULD I SAY, SHOULD BE TOTALLY TRANSFORMED IN HIS WAY OF THINKING AND DOING THINGS. THERE IS ONE TRUE GOD AND HIS NAME IS JESUS! THERE ARE NOT 3. SEE, PEOPLE BACK IN BIBLE TIMES DIDN'T BELIEVE IN GOD EITHER. GOD WANTED SO DESPERATELY TO REACH THEM, BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR THEM, THAT GOD WHO IS A SPIRIT CAME DOWN IN FLESH TO PROVE TO THE UNBELIEVING MAN THAT HE EXISTED. THEY WOULD NOT BELIEVE WITHOUT FIRST TOUCHING HIM.

Are you yelling? roll eyes (sarcastic)

angeljourney
Of course not. Just voicing my opinion just like everyone else.

finti
try most of the religion origin

and who was this thing jesus adressed on the cross then since jesus is the one true god

debbiejo
Originally posted by angeljourney

Then they're aren't following Christs example....They are Sunday Christians...

DarkCrawler
Nothing. How can somebody who doesn't exist do anything?

It's stupid. When someone is saved from disease, some christians say: "God saved him/her!"

No, dumbasses, the doctors saved him/her.

debbiejo
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Nothing. How can somebody who doesn't exist do anything?

It's stupid. When someone is saved from disease, some christians say: "God saved him/her!"

No, dumbasses, the doctors saved him/her.

Or something else.......How about the power of the mind....the power of connecting with something other then.............

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by tx24

He gave me life and girls. smile

finti
we buy the life............thats all though

JimMorrison227
I lost my virginity to God........after we we're married of course. We got married right by the ocean in Welland, Ontario.....It was a jewish wedding though......I forgot to mention I converted.... We spent our honeymoon in Niagara Falls, in the honeymoon sweet....My my my! It was amazing.

But God has been acting a lot different lately, he seems....distant....It is like I am no longer his naughty slave...I think he maybe having an affair....Sure there is still sex....Just there is no horse back riding, water-polo, moonlight dinners, going to the movies, hunting, pottery classes, guitar classes or going to church.

So God.......What had God done in my life.....God has broken my heart sad

debbiejo
Originally posted by JimMorrison227
I lost my virginity to God........after we we're married of course. We got married right by the ocean in Welland, Ontario.....It was a jewish wedding though......I forgot to mention I converted.... We spent our honeymoon in Niagara Falls, in the honeymoon sweet....My my my! It was amazing.

But God has been acting a lot different lately, he seems....distant....It is like I am no longer his naughty slave...I think he maybe having an affair....Sure there is still sex....Just there is no horse back riding, water-polo, moonlight dinners, going to the movies, hunting, pottery classes, guitar classes or going to church.

So God.......What had God done in my life.....God has broken my heart sad

Maybe you married a false god......They walk around in sheeps clothing.......and you are making me sad......God can be found in your imagination as well.....I've met him there...............Sometimes god doesn't think he is god, but he is.......that's how you know......

btw........I've also been to Niagara Falls too....few times.

finti
dont feel bad its all overrated stuff anyways, lets go to the pub instead and get blastered. beer beer beer beer

debbiejo
dont feel bad its all overrated stuff anyways, lets go to the pub instead and get blastered. beer beer beer beer

But you must be really careful.....cause things start lookin real good after....beer

then in the morning you turn your head to feast your eyes upon your god and wake up withwheelchair

And say OH MY GOD!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finti
there is only one time women say oh my god when Im around, and thats after I made the purr and miaow for awhile

debbiejo
there is only one time women say oh my god when Im around, and thats after I made the purr and miaow for awhile

laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud .......OH, stop it...who do you think you are?.....yawn

big grin

cking
God has given many things in my life and also taken.

Darth Calladus
ok for all you non belivers and also the ones who thinks its funny to mock him look at it this way. if you had somone that had the ability to create,give and take way anything from you and all he asked was just your faith and belief in him....and you jus mock him and chose not to belive in him. why wuld he do anything for you. for the maker of this post there is such a thing as not having god in ur life. aprrently the people who dont belive in him and make really crude jokes about him dont have god in their life.

cking
true they don't. it is not good to make fun of the creator.

cking
God can do what he wants to please himself, he can take and give back to any person. job wrote that God and taketh and giveth.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Darth Calladus
ok for all you non belivers and also the ones who thinks its funny to mock him look at it this way. if you had somone that had the ability to create,give and take way anything from you and all he asked was just your faith and belief in him....and you jus mock him and chose not to belive in him. why wuld he do anything for you. for the maker of this post there is such a thing as not having god in ur life. aprrently the people who dont belive in him and make really crude jokes about him dont have god in their life.

It's the human way to mock things. And surely God is above feeling peeved about such trivial things. I mean, he is portrayed as this terribly powerful being who is beyond comprehension, but then he is also portrayed as fickle, small minded, prone to bouts of anger and to be honest, can be quite sadistic. Ok, very sadistic.

And what are you saying, that might makes right? So God can create. But I am yet to see proof that he givith anything. I think most people would agree that less people would doubt God existed, and stop mocking him, if he did something tangible. Something positive. Something to show beyond the shadow of a doubt he is out there. Then he would deserve faith.

Because, lets be honest, I see few things in this world that one can say "yep, that's God at work." I see beauty yes, but I see no reason that it is attributed to God. I see people suffering, people working hard, people being good and bad. I see luck, and coincidence and I see nature and things happening naturally. I see science. But I don't see anything concrete that can be attributed to God. And I see plenty that makes me doubt that God exists, or if he does makes me wonder if he is truly good. And faith/trust is one the our most important things, and as I have said before, it is something that needs to be earned, not simply expected.

Oh, and perhaps I can see why he wouldn't do anything for a nonbeliever, but how do you address the fact that there are so many unhappy believers out there? That people with faith suffer and so forth? Why doesn't he do anything for them?

cking
no, God is patient with people who do stuck such as that. he never likes it, but he is waiting to see if they would change and stop doing the things they do.

cking
he will do something for the believers when it is all over.

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
true they don't. it is not good to make fun of the creator.

And God created the sense of humor.....maybe you should become a believer.

finti
and if they praised him and lived by his ways all their life and still god didnt do anything for them, why is that

you came up with this all by yourself????????

laughing out loud laughing no comment needed for this one, I wonder if god subscribe to playboy magazine though

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing no comment needed for this one, I wonder if god subscribe to playboy magazine though

NO....no need....He's seen the "Real Thing", just like coke. big grin

finti
I am the real thing

maham
everythin happenin in my life gud or badis cuz of Allah (God. i m a muslim , yeah) n i lov Him so much cuz of all he has done fr me eg i got 1st position in my class n the highest marks which is the friut of my 4-5 months lastin more like frever lastin prayers n He has given me respect n hope fr my future n also wat i call success cuz therez a friend of mine who is actually my rival n her family were really tryin hard 2 get her the 1st position n the highest marks n they went 2 far fr that. makin fun of me n my family n all the disrespect is included in it but Allah defeated them by makin me win the prize n the position

oh! im soooooooooo grateful 2 HIM . 3 words can cover it all :

GOD IS GREAT!!!

debbiejo
I am the real thing

Bottled or canned?

finti
so allah do personal favours huh?

just the real thing

debbiejo

just the real thing

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....then you must taste good..eat

finti
devil ishious

debbiejo
angel cake.....

finti
angel dust

debbiejo
angel dust

devil food cake.

God has given many things in my life and also taken.

NO...you have taken away from yourself.....God only gives.....

JimMorrison227
no, God is patient with people who do stuck such as that. he never likes it, but he is waiting to see if they would change and stop doing the things they do.

Sorry, but I talked to god last night....and he said something different. He said that he loves it whene people make jokes about his existence and him, because then it brings humour into his life....Because he is always busy starving kids in Africa, starting wars, and making diseases....

debbiejo
Sorry, but I talked to god last night....and he said something different. He said that he loves it whene people make jokes about his existence and him, because then it brings humour into his life....Because he is always busy starving kids in Africa, starting wars, and making diseases....

God does have a sense of humor. I bet He laughs at truckermax too.

cking
he does have one, not in a human way.

JimMorrison227
Do you laugh at Tuckermax? But seriously, I don't see how a God could have a sence of humour, after all the destruction and death he could of prevented or the stuff he has started.

debbiejo
Do you laugh at Tuckermax? But seriously, I don't see how a God could have a sence of humour, after all the destruction and death he could of prevented or the stuff he has started.

Who said He did anything????? He/It is just the creative process....just like we can be....

JimMorrison227
A lot of people belive God gives and takes lives.

debbiejo
A lot of people belive God gives and takes lives.

Yes they do....people gotta blame something.

cking
they can't blame god.

JimMorrison227
But some people do blame god, they say god makes and got takes away, lives apply to that.

Atlantis001

debbiejo
God is the creative process..OH....and a force......not the destruction process..

Shakyamunison
God is the creative process..OH....and a force......not the destruction process..

Sorry to disagree with you. God is everything and that includes both creative and destructive process, but God doesn't "do" anything, we do (but, we are part of God, therefore God does everything).

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Sorry to disagree with you. God is everything and that includes both creative and destructive process, but God doesn't "do" anything, we do (but, we are part of God, therefore God does everything).

You are very correct...I believe in the law of attraction....we attract what we as a planet or individuals think upon....It is attracted to us...The more negativity that's put out the more we will see it in our lives or in the world to an extent...That's what I mean by God being a creative force just as we are....though that would also be destructive by our own involvement also.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.