Supermen VS. The Green Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Rosters

Supermen:

Superman
Sentry
Gladiator
Supreme(Rob Liefield version)
Mr. Majestic

VS.

Green Lanterns:

Green Lantern John Stewart
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Green Lantern Kilowog
Green Lantern Guy Gardner
Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

Who takes it?

Debate.

kgkg
Gl's

armandovalles
The GL's easily.

John can take out Superman quickly and easily.

Hal can stalemate Sentry until John comes over to help.

Guy could hold off Gladiator long enough to get help from Hal.

Kyle could hold off Supreme until John comes over to help him too.

Kilowog could probly take down Mr. Majestic on his own, but if not, he can at least hold him off long enough to get some help from a fellow GL.

jrodslam
Eventhough everyone is saying GL, I still hae no idea on the full extent of Sentry's power. Nor do i have an idea of what Supreme and Mr.Majestic can do. Thats why i havent voted yet.

kgkg
ohh i didn't see Sentry that can change things lol

armandovalles
Supreme is pretty much the same thing as Gladiator, the only difference being hes a little slower, but he makes up for that by being a little stronger. They fought in a Gladiator/Supreme crossover one time and Gladiator won, but just barely.

hoorayforpeepee
green lanterns lose, unless you feel like replacing kilowog with sinestro.

supreme, majestic, and gladiator, especially majestic, are pre-crisis supes clones. and sentry is post-crisis superman with the powers of a sun (supposedly, he can emit extreme intensity light and heat)

whirlysplat
Before the GL's can react there rings have been removed at super speed big grin

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
smile yeh

ZephroCarnelian

I'l third that lol.

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by armandovalles
The GL's easily.

John can take out Superman quickly and easily.

Hal can stalemate Sentry until John comes over to help.

Guy could hold off Gladiator long enough to get help from Hal.

Kyle could hold off Supreme until John comes over to help him too.

Kilowog could probly take down Mr. Majestic on his own, but if not, he can at least hold him off long enough to get some help from a fellow GL.

Are you crazy no GL could take out Superman.

Mainstream
Hal could...he's the greatest....so say say.

jrodslam

By who Whirly? GL's can move at FTL speeds also. Plus they have cosmic awareness. That's not happenin.

jrodslam
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Are you crazy no GL could take out Superman.

Check out Rebirth. John takes Superman out in one move.

Dizzle
Didn't Superman take out like 10 Gl's by stealing their rings while mind controlled or something?

And yeah, Majestic and Sentry are going to be a huge pain in the ass for the GL's... I'm probly leaning towards Supes n the clones.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dizzle
Didn't Superman take out like 10 Gl's by stealing their rings while mind controlled or something?

And yeah, Majestic and Sentry are going to be a huge pain in the ass for the GL's... I'm probly leaning towards Supes n the clones.

Not sure Dizzle. Of those 10 GL's were any of them the big 5?

From what i hear about Sentry and Majestic, youre right. But i thought Sentry's powers werent confirmed yet? since i dont know much about the others, i cant call it. Ill leave it up to you guys. Ill just some in if i see an injustice. big grin

Sentry
Supreme battled and killed two alternate reality Thor's. He did not lose to Gladiator, Supreme had the upper hand in the match, it was Gladiator's idea that they stop fighting, or they'll destroy countless galaxies in the wake of their battle.

Let's assume, Sentry stalemated Galactus. Until the New Avengers 7 through 9 come out, none of you can't prove that he didn't. big grin

If you can, please name what issue and what #

Supermen winsmile

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Sentry
Supreme battled and killed two alternate reality Thor's. He did not lose to Gladiator, Supreme had the upper hand in the match, it was Gladiator's idea that they stop fighting, or they'll destroy countless galaxies in the wake of their battle.

Let's assume, Sentry stalemated Galactus. Until the New Avengers 7 through 9 come out, none of you can't prove that he didn't. big grin

If you can, please name what issue and what #

Supermen winsmile

Pointless post, just establishes no one knows.

whirlysplat
I remeber reading an elseworlds type tale where Supes tons of the core at super speed stealing there rings Jrod. I'll dig it out if someone doesn't post title. It was a crap story thoughbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.