Spiderman vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K Von Doom
Is there a conceivable way that Spiderman can beat Thing? Spiderman's beaten more versatile foes - some who'd give Thing a run for his money - has slowed down the Hulk for a little bit plus he has a speed and agility advantage over Grimm. So, how would Spiderman fare?

armandovalles
Spiderman might last a little while, but the first punch Ben gets inn would probly knock spideys head clear off his shoulders.

DigiMark007
Well, the Thing brought his fanboy to this fight, so I'll even things out a bit with some good 'ol SM fanboyism too.

Thing would never land a punch. Spider-Man has fought for days without seriously tiring, and has avoided Juggernaut for extended periods of time. Juggs crushes Ben in nearly every category, so I don't see why this should be any different. And despite the fact that SM is only class 10-15, he's taken punches from the Hulk and others in Thing's class. Any punch would hurt, but Ben won't be taking Spidey's head off with one blow. SM is too durable for that.

Long fight, and Spidey eventually chips away at Ben long enough to do some harm to him. And as previously stated, Thing would never lay a finger on Peter. SM wins.

-DM

jinzin
peters hands would break or bruise too much before he ever did any serious harm to ben...seriously...

Wynndar
Thing cannot be compared to Juggernaut or Hulk....that just doesnt make sense...Jug has beaten Thing, but whats that got to do with Spiderman? Thing is a vastly superior hand to hand fighter than either Jugs or Hulk. He is also more resourceful and a better strategist. Thing doesnt need to lay a finger on him, he could just produce a thunderclap that would slow Spidey down long enough to grab him.

DigiMark007
SM doesn't need to punch Ben. He can web mailboxes and lampposts into him and knock him around. He can web him and yank him into a building or into the air before Ben can tear the webs. Then when he's in the air jump up and smahs him back down into the concrete, or into a car or something. There's plenty of options...Spidey once hurt the Hulk (not a ton, but still) and it wasn't by engaging him in a fistfight.

-DM

jinzin
ummm if spidey tries to yank him and bn pulls on the web...where does the strength advantage lie?..cause it ain't with spidey that's for damn sure.....

you think a lamp post if gonna hurt him when he takes hulk punches? confused anything spiderman tries to throw at him he can just punch into debris or catch and throw it back....

DigiMark007
Why does it not make sense to compare Juggs to Thing? Both are Class 100 or so brawlers with some similar characteristics. And when has Thing ever used a thunderclap to take out someone of SM's caliber? I'm not huge into the FF, so maybe he has, but I've never heard of him using it like Hulk or someone (Hulk is also much stronger and able to produce a more sizable clap).

K Von Doom
Spidey's survived a Hulk thunderclap and recovered fast enough not to get killed. lol. So a Thing thunderclap, being less powerful, wouldn't be a problem.

Wynndar
yes he has staggered the Hulk once. He also staggered the Thing once, but it was stated by the narrator that the only reason he was able to move the Thing was because Thing was already tired from beating wonderman and she-hulk back to back.

jinzin
thunderclap from the thing would be enough to destabilize spiderman's equilibrium long enough to smack him with something...it that doesn't get the job done multiple thunderclas would...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by jinzin
ummm if spidey tries to yank him and bn pulls on the web...where does the strength advantage lie?..cause it ain't with spidey that's for damn sure.....

you think a lamp post if gonna hurt him when he takes hulk punches? confused anything spiderman tries to throw at him he can just punch into debris or catch and throw it back....

But he'll still never touch SM. And yes, if he webs and yanks before Ben does anything, he'll be in the air and lose his leverage. Parker wouldn't willingly get into a yanking match with a Class 100 person. And the aggregate effect of enough lightposts, mailboxes, cars, web-hurls, etc. will wear Thing down. In the meantime, he'll never touch Parker with fists or projectiles...he's too fast for that.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Spidey's survived a Hulk thunderclap and recovered fast enough not to get killed. lol. So a Thing thunderclap, being less powerful, wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks KVD...I was beginning to feel surrounded.

And if Ben keeps thunderclapping, SM can just keep a safe distance away until he gets an opportunity to strike (unless Ben just does it forever which would just make it a stalemate).

jinzin
and apparently spiderman won't be tired at all from ripping lightposts and lamp posts out of the ground hurling cars and mailboxes by the hundreds right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and trying to pick up said things would never leave him open to a counter attack either right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and of course thing is just going to stand there and let spidey web him and yank him...cause things a moron right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

pffffft...

jinzin
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thanks KVD...I was beginning to feel surrounded.

And if Ben keeps thunderclapping, SM can just keep a safe distance away until he gets an opportunity to strike (unless Ben just does it forever which would just make it a stalemate).

spiderman can't outrun the speed of sound....WTF?

and he won't have instantanious knowledge of thing's game plan...spidey moves in on thing..thing claps a couple times...spidey gets dizzy ...BAM spidey just got hit with a street light...end of fight...

DigiMark007
I'm not saying it wouldn't take time jinzin...if Thing's in a position to hurt SM, Peter will just jump away until another opportunity arises. How did he avoid Juggs and Hulk for so long? Same way.

And sure he'd get a little tired, but as I've said before he's fought for days (against powerful opponents...Morbius and Juggs come to mind) without seriously tiring. It wouldn't be an issue.

DigiMark007
spiderman can't outrun the speed of sound....WTF?

and he won't have instantanious knowledge of thing's game plan...spidey moves in on thing..thing claps a couple times...spidey gets dizzy ...BAM spidey just got hit with a street light...end of fight...

I have serious doubts about the effect of a Thing thunderclap. If he could recover from Hulk's clap and avoid him what the hell would a Thing clap do? Not much. I've also never seen Ben use that tactic, though like I said I could be wrong there. Spider-sense added to his already otherworldly agility means no amount of sub-par thunderclaps will be enough to touch Parker.

jinzin
first off he never avoids hulk all that long....hulk lways gets to him and swats him good....he can jump around all he wants...but thing's not an idiot...he can play the waiting game...if spiderman's best game plan is to run away his chances of winning this fight are slim....very slim.....

and you're acting as if he literally went punch for punch for days on end....he hasn't....he's been in scenarios where a conflict was carried on for days like maximum carnage...in a straight up fight though...spiderman's fatigued in a few minutes during battle.... things had his fair share of days-on-end conflicts as well...if you think spiderman's situations supercede thing's and the rest of the ff you're out of your damned mind...

jinzin
I have serious doubts about the effect of a Thing thunderclap. If he could recover from Hulk's clap and avoid him what the hell would a Thing clap do? Not much. I've also never seen Ben use that tactic, though like I said I could be wrong there. Spider-sense added to his already otherworldly agility means no amount of sub-par thunderclaps will be enough to touch Parker.

laughing out loud you are insane...spider sense nore agility have anything to do with his eardrums and equilibrium....if thing uses a thunderclap, it's gonna mess up spidey's equilibrium end of story.....he didn't immediatley recover from a hulk thunderclap either...good thing doc samson was there to save his arse...

DigiMark007
I don't mean to sound like I'm not giving Thing credit (though I probably haven't until now) and I also didn't say SM owns this fight, but merely that I think he could win. Also, I never read the Hulk fight...I was going off of KVD's words up there for the thunderclap deal...but anything else I've talked about I've read (including Morbius, Juggs, etc.).

And again, I would doubt the effect of a Thing thunderclap until someone can show me where he's used it effectively at all against any sort of opponent. Just because Hulk, who is many times stronger than Thing, can do it doesn't mean Thing's will be anywhere near as useful.

And my point about the tiring was that Spidey jumping around and hitting Ben multiple times will eventually tire Ben more than hitting him with it will tire Peter. But I do know that they both have the potential to fight for a long time, and that Thing would take a ton of damage before finally going down.

You make some decent points though, and maybe I'm giving SM too much credit...but I also think you're not giving him quite enough either.

-DM

CorderaMitchell
Blah, he has already held the thing down and can with his webbing.

Spiderman has a method for beating the hulk. Powerhouses are nothing new, the new and improved venom,(looks like spawn a little) was around thing strength, and spiddrman got pissed at him killing an innocent ,adn punched him 30 yards into the waater tower.

Seriously you act as if ben's the worst he's faced, you think spidey is going to trade punches with him, duck and weave, DUCK AND WEAVE!!!

K Von Doom
Spiderman would likely be too fast for Thing, added to his Spider sense = Thing can't land a punch or anything else. He avoids Venom and Carnage who negate his Spidersense, how much more agile would he be against someone who moves at regular speed. Web to the face + swinging kick. It worked on Thanos. Parker does that a hundred times. lol

DigiMark007
Great thread. I love supporting Spidey in a tough fight.

*also nods head in agreement with C-Master and KVD*

jinzin
what have I said about spiderman that discredits him?

things used the thunderclap a bunch of times...so much so that it bacame a signiture move in one of their early sega/super nintendo games...fact is spiderman is anything but immune to this technique...and after being hit with it a couple times he'll be slowed down enough and off balance enough for thing to end the fight with a solid punch....

armandovalles
Why does it not make sense to compare Juggs to Thing? Both are Class 100 or so brawlers with some similar characteristics. And when has Thing ever used a thunderclap to take out someone of SM's caliber? I'm not huge into the FF, so maybe he has, but I've never heard of him using it like Hulk or someone (Hulk is also much stronger and able to produce a more sizable clap).

Thing has done it many times in all types of comics. The most notable time was in the new Secret War series Pt. 4 he does it and knocks out like 5 villains at once with it.

K Von Doom
...it that doesn't get the job done multiple thunderclaps would...

He'd be applauding at Spidey for beating him. lol

jinzin
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Blah, he has already held the thing down and can with his webbing.

Spiderman has a method for beating the hulk. Powerhouses are nothing new, the new and improved venom,(looks like spawn a little) was around thing strength, and spiddrman got pissed at him killing an innocent ,adn punched him 30 yards into the waater tower.

Seriously you act as if ben's the worst he's faced, you think spidey is going to trade punches with him, duck and weave, DUCK AND WEAVE!!!

no I don't and no i don't you're assuming way to much here...where did I say that spiderman was going to willingly go fisticuffs with thing? NOWHERE!...seriously your assumptions are getting old....

was the new venom stated as a class 50? really? where? second that venom is nowhere near the fighter thing is....or even well experienced for that matter...

CorderaMitchell
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the thunderclap, ever played the Fantastic Four game for the playstation.

HE didn't mean directly discredit, maybe just went out of spidey's style.

jinzin
Spiderman would likely be too fast for Thing, added to his Spider sense = Thing can't land a punch or anything else. He avoids Venom and Carnage who negate his Spidersense, how much more agile would he be against someone who moves at regular speed. Web to the face + swinging kick. It worked on Thanos. Parker does that a hundred times. lol

guess you missed the point of the thunderclap eh?

jinzin
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the thunderclap, ever played the Fantastic Four game for the playstation.

HE didn't mean directly discredit, maybe just went out of spidey's style.

spidey's style has nothing to do with outrunning the speed of sound nor does it have to do with using his spidersense and agility to avoid a thunderclap....roll eyes (sarcastic)

armandovalles
And by the way Thing doesnt need to be as fast as Spidey to hit him. Nor does he need to punch him to hurt him. Just imagine, if Thing put all his strength into throwing something like a huge rock or car as fast as he could at Spidey i doubt Spidey would be able to dodge it.

K Von Doom

how would a thunderclap be effective when Spidey is 60 feet away?

jinzin
why would spiderman instantly be 60 feet away? confused

there you spidey fans go again giving spiderman every advantage of distance and location to help him win a fight... roll eyes (sarcastic)

K Von Doom
Originally posted by armandovalles
And by the way Thing doesnt need to be as fast as Spidey to hit him. Nor does he need to punch him to hurt him. Just imagine, if Thing put all his strength into throwing something like a huge rock or car as fast as he could at Spidey i doubt Spidey would be able to dodge it.

Err... Spidey's dodged much faster things. And where would Ben be aiming at when Spidey's jumping around? And a web-blast to the face negates that avenue of attack, leaving Thing lifting a car or rock.

DigiMark007
*murble*...stupid thunderclap. If Thing fights him like a man he'd lose. Still, I think Spider has a chance.

Anyway, I didn't mean you 'discredited' Spidey...only that you weren't giving him as much of a chance as he'd probably have. Not giving enough credit is different from discrediting...a small semantics point, but it makes a difference.

K Von Doom
why would spiderman instantly be 60 feet away? confused

there you spidey fans go again giving spiderman every advantage of distance and location to help him win a fight... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think Spidey would be smart enough not to stand 2 feet away from Thing and start punching.

CorderaMitchell
When did I say anything about avoiding the speed of sound.

Spiderman has swung and picked up a car off the ground with one arm to save wolverine from being ran over.

A sufficient amount of webbing could hold the thing for life, until it dissolves of course. smile

Shocker uses powerful attacks that are fast, as electro, cyclops, and dock ock, and he dodges those fine. The guy was built on dodging, I mean you think spiderman you think moving fast, he's been built off of it.

Thing can definitely win with a few strikes and is a better " fighter" than the hulk, but hulk can beat him making him the better "fighter", seriously a powerhouse is nothing new, look at rhino, venom, carnage, they could lob off his head.

Spidey could do this without his spidersense, because he can keep thing in view.

CorderaMitchell

missed the point of spidersense, seriously, spiderman has a greater chance against the hulk than thing does.

jinzin
Err... Spidey's dodged much faster things. And where would Ben be aiming at when Spidey's jumping around? And a web-blast to the face negates that avenue of attack, leaving Thing lifting a car or rock.

gonna be kinda hard to avoid a portion of city street that has enough speed and force behind it to send it out of orbit.....

I mean spiderman couldn't even get out of the way of the hulk while he was in freefall due to his mass....

jinzin
<<<-murble*...stupid thunderclap. If Thing fights him like a man he'd lose. Still, I think Spider has a chance.->>>

laughing out loud are you serious? hahahaha! when spidey's best game plan is gonna be to jump out of reach and throw shit at him the entire time? if they got into it in a slugfest spidey would lose anyways...

jinzin
I think Spidey would be smart enough not to stand 2 feet away from Thing and start punching.

point taken but you didn't answer the question....

jinzin
When did I say anything about avoiding the speed of sound.

Spiderman has swung and picked up a car off the ground with one arm to save wolverine from being ran over.

A sufficient amount of webbing could hold the thing for life, until it dissolves of course. smile

Shocker uses powerful attacks that are fast, as electro, cyclops, and dock ock, and he dodges those fine. The guy was built on dodging, I mean you think spiderman you think moving fast, he's been built off of it.

Thing can definitely win with a few strikes and is a better " fighter" than the hulk, but hulk can beat him making him the better "fighter", seriously a powerhouse is nothing new, look at rhino, venom, carnage, they could lob off his head.

Spidey could do this without his spidersense, because he can keep thing in view.

no I was talking about digi's response in how spidey would avoid the effectsof a thunderclap...he wouldn't and his "style" has nothing to do with it...

CorderaMitchell
<<<-murble*...stupid thunderclap. If Thing fights him like a man he'd lose. Still, I think Spider has a chance.->>>

laughing out loud are you serious? hahahaha! when spidey's best game plan is gonna be to jump out of reach and throw shit at him the entire time? if they got into it in a slugfest spidey would lose anyways...

I think spiderman's faced worse than thing, what do u see his chances are?

DigiMark007
Hehe...I got some homwork to do (stupid summer classes). I see Spidey's in good hands in this thread...have fun jinzin. cool

-DM

CorderaMitchell
point taken but you didn't answer the question....

what question?

jinzin
missed the point of spidersense, seriously, spiderman has a greater chance against the hulk than thing does.

spidersense can't help him avoid getting thunderclapped...if he's in range for said attack spider sense will afford him nothing...

K Von Doom
if they got into it in a slugfest spidey would lose anyways...

Of course, but since when has Spidey just gotten into a slugfest with anyone to beat them? Much less, someone much stronger than him? Give the genius-level Parker a bit of credit.

CorderaMitchell
What is the scope of range and effectiveness we are talking here?

CorderaMitchell
Hehe...I got some homwork to do (stupid summer classes). I see Spidey's in good hands in this thread...have fun jinzin. cool

-DM

Leave me alone will you, Die Mortal, just kidding. wink

jinzin
I think spiderman's faced worse than thing, what do u see his chances are?

i think spidey's chances are better than you miht think...I think spiderman has a great chance of incapacitating thing with webbing..but that's about his best bet....he won't win a physical confrontation unless he gets extremely lucky....due to webbing I think this is a good 6 out of 10 for thing...maybe 7....

CorderaMitchell
Of course, but since when has Spidey just gotten into a slugfest with anyone to beat them? Much less, someone much stronger than him? Give the genius-level Parker a bit of credit.

Like I said the new venom is near thing level strength, and is a worse foe for spidey, spidey got pissed at him killing an innocent and laid it on him.

Venom tried to escape (the new host), because of his morale failure, the symbiote saw him as weak and dumped him.

K Von Doom
spidersense can't help him avoid getting thunderclapped...if he's in range for said attack spider sense will afford him nothing...

Well, that's just it, Spidey wouldn't get in close till he knows Thing is open to an attack or sufficiently annoyed to not fight smart.

jinzin

did you miss the quote that I was responding to?

digi was grumbling at thing using the thunderclap to secure a victory because he wouldn't be fighting like a man.....if they were both gonna be "fighting like a man" spiderman would lose anyways...i never claimed that's what spiderman was going to do...you seem to be having a hard time understanding my points...you may want to read my posts more carefully...

CorderaMitchell
i think spidey's chances are better than you miht think...I think spiderman has a great chance of incapacitating thing with webbing..but that's about his best bet....he won't win a physical confrontation unless he gets extremely lucky....due to webbing I think this is a good 6 out of 10 for thing...maybe 7....

Yea he would have to avoid him at all costs, but thats nothing spidey hasn't done before.

jinzin
Like I said the new venom is near thing level strength, and is a worse foe for spidey, spidey got pissed at him killing an innocent and laid it on him.

Venom tried to escape (the new host), because of his morale failure, the symbiote saw him as weak and dumped him.

where does it state the new venom as near thing's strength...i mean spiderman commented on his bigger size..but no indications where made about his strength level to my knowledge...correct me if I'm wrong..but I'm seriously curious when his strength was documented...

jinzin
Well, that's just it, Spidey wouldn't get in close till he knows Thing is open to an attack or sufficiently annoyed to not fight smart.

but "that's just it"...spiderman wouldn't instantly know thing's strategy for the fight...that said he'd be in range for a thunderclap...how many fights has spiderman gotten into where he began it from 60 feet away....cause the one's where he begins upclose seriously outweigh them I'm sure...

K Von Doom
due to webbing I think this is a good 6 out of 10 for thing...maybe 7....

I agree with this point. Spidey has a change but Thing will win more often than not.

K Von Doom
but "that's just it"...spiderman wouldn't instantly know thing's strategy for the fight...that said he'd be in range for a thunderclap...how many fights has spiderman gotten into where he began it from 60 feet away....cause the one's where he begins upclose seriously outweigh them I'm sure...

Of course, if they started face to face, then Spidey's in trouble. Fights that start from about 60 feet away are usually the ones where someone follows Spidey then attacks from range - but spideysense saves him usually, or speed when it's Venom and Carnage.

jinzin
against venom and carnage spiderman usually gets butt raped so I fail to see why you guys keep bringing them up in this thread...
chances are if these two where plucked from their worlds for the purposes of this fight then spiderman wouldn't be 60 feet away...that sounds like more of a plot device etc etc...even then I don't think that the clap would be entirely ineffective at that range anyways...it wouldn't be as effective..but it could still very well disorient spiderman's attuned senses...

CorderaMitchell
Against venom and carnage he isn't mad at someone killing an innocent.

He said and I quote:

This is dangerous. Too many people around. A nerd that's suddenly as strong as The Thing just has too much to PROVE.

CAPS and all, either way venom is a larger threat, and spiderman can beat him if not faced on his own terms.

jinzin
spiderman beat an inexperienced villain who had a venom symbiote...and absolutely NO fighting ability whatsoever...common you think someon like that could have beaten the thing?...(and again where was his strength determined?)

and yes spiderman does get enraged when fighting venom and carnage..and still gets his but kicked all over the place...

Zenoside
I wouldnt say a thunderclap is effective at 60 ft away, hell it shouldnt be all that effective at 30 ft away. Sound is not a solid thing, and it loses power quickly in physics. Sound can keep a strong current of echoes to about 20 ft (I think) in a normal room.

The The thing has been held down by webbing before, and blinded by it. Who says that when Spidey wraps him up, he wont take thing for a joyride into several buildings, or dunk him in water till he loses consiousness.

Now The thing could very well keep Spidey at a distance, however, thats how Spidey's dodging works even better. It give him more time to dodge.

Bottom line, If Thing can close the gap between Spidey and him, then Spidey is finished.

If the Thing cant do that, then he stands a very good chance at losing the fight.

CorderaMitchell
Not as much as you'd suspect regardless Eddie wasn't the best fighter either, the Symbiote basically autopiloted for him, and was a larger threat, because spiderman was saving civilians, a lot.

He tossed a semi really far, and I'm sure thats incredible strength, besides Venom's way more versatile than thing on his best day, and makes him look like a one trick pony, things great but his fighting is limited greatly, and Spiderman can take care of himself fine, i would say a draw and take points based on emotion and style.

Zenoside
spiderman beat an inexperienced villain who had a venom symbiote...and absolutely NO fighting ability whatsoever...common you think someon like that could have beaten the thing?...(and again where was his strength determined?)

and yes spiderman does get enraged when fighting venom and carnage..and still gets his but kicked all over the place...

Now that depends on which Spidey your talking about, if your talking about experienced 30-ish spidey then your wrong.

If your talking about inexperienced teen spidey, then your right.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Zenoside
I wouldnt say a thunderclap is effective at 60 ft away, hell it shouldnt be all that effective at 30 ft away. Sound is not a solid thing, and it loses power quickly in physics. Sound can keep a strong current of echoes to about 20 ft (I think) in a normal room.

The The thing has been held down by webbing before, and blinded by it. Who says that when Spidey wraps him up, he wont take thing for a joyride into several buildings, or dunk him in water till he loses consiousness.

Now The thing could very well keep Spidey at a distance, however, thats how Spidey's dodging works even better. It give him more time to dodge.

Bottom line, If Thing can close the gap between Spidey and him, then Spidey is finished.

If the Thing cant do that, then he stands a very good chance at losing the fight.

great post, and what up.

the sonic clap isn't great at extreme up close, and not too far away.

How will spidey get far away. The stronger the muscles in a body the faster it moves, spidey's light body and ability to leg press at least 30000 lbs, would enable him to easily jump a hundred feet, adn run well over 50 miles an hour, and his greater metabolism for that matter.

CorderaMitchell
Now that depends on which Spidey your talking about, if your talking about experienced 30-ish spidey then your wrong.

Spiderman was a grown man in his years,and attended a high school reunion when that happened. I'm looking at it right now.

The guy says" I don't know what i was thinking, stop hitting me. He's too experienced at this."

A beserk adult parker, would give him a great fight easily stick it too him

Thing is great but has lost some of his sting, and Is only class 100, Venom flung a semi like 39-45 yards, thats close to that strength right there.

jinzin

about beating venom and carnage? like hell!

venom and carnage have handed spiderman his ass in almost every physical confrontation they've ever had....spiderman wins with help, sonics, fire, help...and more help....1 on 1 spidey gets his butt kicked by either of these two hands down....spiderman never fought either of them when he wasn't experienced....roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
Spiderman was a grown man in his years,and attended a high school reunion when that happened. I'm looking at it right now.

The guy says" I don't know what i was thinking, stop hitting me. He's too experienced at this."

A beserk adult parker, would give him a great fight easily stick it too him

Thing is great but has lost some of his sting, and Is only class 100, Venom flung a semi like 39-45 yards, thats close to that strength right there.

so his strength level is based off your interpretation of feats....yet in a thread like spidey vs. wolvie...feats are worthless...you're so ridiculoously contradictive...

jinzin
Not as much as you'd suspect regardless Eddie wasn't the best fighter either, the Symbiote basically autopiloted for him, and was a larger threat, because spiderman was saving civilians, a lot.

He tossed a semi really far, and I'm sure thats incredible strength, besides Venom's way more versatile than thing on his best day, and makes him look like a one trick pony, things great but his fighting is limited greatly, and Spiderman can take care of himself fine, i would say a draw and take points based on emotion and style.

you're missing the point...eddie was an olympic level athlete who had loads of experience....TONS against spidey and almost ever other popular hero in the early 90's...he had farrrrr superior fighting ability than the mob boss' son....and had a lot more experience using the symbiote he was extremely cunning in how to use it...the mob bosses son obviously was not...

CorderaMitchell
so his strength level is based off your interpretation of feats....yet in a thread like spidey vs. wolvie...feats are worthless...you're so ridiculoously contradictive...

no I already said when it was mentioned, 90% of your posts come from criticizing the source itself, hypocrite.

Zenoside

venom and carnage have handed spiderman his ass in almost every physical confrontation they've ever had....spiderman wins with help, sonics, fire, help...and more help....1 on 1 spidey gets his butt kicked by either of these two hands down....spiderman never fought either of them when he wasn't experienced....roll eyes (sarcastic)
Im sorry, but your views seem a little baised to me.
I've read plenty of comics where Venom and Carnage aboslutely whoop Spidey.

However, every battle Spidey won agianst Venom and Carnage, he took a pretty good beating aswell.

But he still WON, thats the point aint it?

CorderaMitchell

he hasn't eh?? I'm going to let you think that one over.

carnage can but venom can be debatable, but its funny how wolverine can beat him easily eh/

jinzin
no I already said when it was mentioned, 90% of your posts come from criticizing the source itself, hypocrite.

did you? when was it mentioned? I missed it....and how am I a hipocrite?.....I use comics as reference and stick to them...you're the one who jump around feats, stats, and speculation as it suits you...not me...

CorderaMitchell

However, every battle Spidey won agianst Venom and Carnage, he took a pretty good beating aswell.

Get used to those biased views of his, he thrives off them.

jinzin

no the point is that spidey can't beat wither of these guys BY HIMSELF...without outside circumstances interfering and he admitted that when he fought venom on the island...

jinzin

again how am I biased?

CorderaMitchell
I don't even want to hear about wolverine's feats, they contradict themselves on every level, there's a fresh thread on that, or did you happen to "glance over it"

jinzin
he hasn't eh?? I'm going to let you think that one over.

carnage can but venom can be debatable, but its funny how wolverine can beat him easily eh/

wolverine beat who easily?

Zenoside
Im sorry Cordera and Jinzin, but I think you guys need to lay off the name calling.

Its supposed to be a debate, not an argument. This thread is starting to take a nose dive that I definately dont like.

jinzin
I don't even want to hear about wolverine's feats, they contradict themselves on every level, there's a fresh thread on that, or did you happen to "glance over it"

I just didn't care to read that thread...there's far too much going on there to explain....and of course you don't want to hear about his feats..feats are only useable when they suit your purposes...roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
Im sorry Cordera and Jinzin, but I think you guys need to lay off the name calling.

Its supposed to be a debate, not an argument. This thread is starting to take a nose dive that I definately dont like.

I don't think I've resorted to namecalling yet....

CorderaMitchell
did you? when was it mentioned? I missed it....and how am I a hipocrite?.....I use comics as reference and stick to them...you're the one who jump around feats, stats, and speculation as it suits you...not me...

I don't jump around feats, if it classifies a character as this or that thats what I go by, not what a writer chooses, can you detect shit writing when it comes to wolverine?

Regardless me and S went at this, wolverine CAN perform superhuman feats, just like you or I at the right time, it doesn't classify him as superhuman in those aspectes, like spiderman has a faster healing but coldn't regenerate like wolverine, spidey's regeneration is that, just like spiderman can do physical feats that wolverine dreams of, stop hating on spiderman.

Zenoside
no the point is that spidey can't beat wither of these guys BY HIMSELF...without outside circumstances interfering and he admitted that when he fought venom on the island...
Didnt you just state yourself that Spidey has beaten them using fire and Sonics?

I wouldnt count that as outside circumstances.

Zenoside
On the subject of wolverine, I definately count his so called "feats" as pure BS.

Wolvie beating Lobo?
My ass.

CorderaMitchell
I just didn't care to read that thread...there's far too much going on there to explain....and of course you don't want to hear about his feats..feats are only useable when they suit your purposes...roll eyes (sarcastic)

No when they make since like namor or godzilla beatin him down, or do you still think that namor cant make wolverine move.

Too much to explain hah, if I made a "Spidey wins thread"L you'd be all over it.

jinzin
I don't jump around feats, if it classifies a character as this or that thats what I go by, not what a writer chooses, can you detect shit writing when it comes to wolverine?

Regardless me and S went at this, wolverine CAN perform superhuman feats, just like you or I at the right time, it doesn't classify him as superhuman in those aspectes, like spiderman has a faster healing but coldn't regenerate like wolverine, spidey's regeneration is that, just like spiderman can do physical feats that wolverine dreams of, stop hating on spiderman.

I'm not hating on spiderman at all..i haven't said one derogatory thing about him...nor have I discredited him whatsoever..that just you making assumptions again...wolverine has performed tons and tons of feats that would classify him as superhuman in various aspects...they can't all be attuned to luck....or the right timing..he's slightly superhuman...get over it...

CorderaMitchell
Who's namecalling, this was bound to happen, its tough love,you'll get used to it, I hate namecalling unless its a joke. smile

jinzin
No when they make since like namor or godzilla beatin him down, or do you still think that namor cant make wolverine move.

Too much to explain hah, if I made a "Spidey wins thread"L you'd be all over it.

I've already stated that wolverine should have been sent flying by namor's punches and I never said he could take godzilla now you're confusing me with someone else...

jinzin
On the subject of wolverine, I definately count his so called "feats" as pure BS.

Wolvie beating Lobo?
My ass.

I'm not so sure i would use a fan voted crossover as the basis of your thesis there...

jinzin
Didnt you just state yourself that Spidey has beaten them using fire and Sonics?

I wouldnt count that as outside circumstances.

yeah...does that have anything to do with spidey fighting either of them mano y mano? NO!

CorderaMitchell
I'm not hating on spiderman at all..i haven't said one derogatory thing about him...nor have I discredited him whatsoever..that just you making assumptions again...wolverine has performed tons and tons of feats that would classify him as superhuman in various aspects...they can't all be attuned to luck....or the right timing..he's slightly superhuman...get over it...

No he's enhanced by his skeletonand, you do shortchange spidey quite often, you like him, to hate him.

He can do superhuman feats, but is classified as a peak human.
Batman survived a punch from Wonder Woman and Superman, I guess he's superhuman too eh, you see what I mean now?

K Von Doom
Comparing Venom to Thing is a little deceptive. I think the original comparison was made because of the strength similarity, however Spidey vs Venom is completely different to Spidey vs Thing. Venom and Carnage get the best of Spidey because all their abilities are the same, but the symbiotes are amped-up a bit more. Spidey can't win a direct-head-on confrontation with either of them without the help of sonics or fire because they're as fast and stronger than him. Now, with Thing it's completely different because the only advantage Thing has over Spiderman is strength, that's it. Thing isn't faster than Spidey, he doesn't have webbing, he doesn't cancel out his spider-sense and he isn't as agile as Spiderman.

CorderaMitchell
I've already stated that wolverine should have been sent flying by namor's punches and I never said he could take godzilla now you're confusing me with someone else...

Perhaps they sound the same after awile.

Zenoside
yeah...does that have anything to do with spidey fighting either of them mano y mano? NO!
Wait, when did this go from the streets of NYC to an enclosed no way out arena?

You cant be telling me that they wouldnt be fighting in a NYC setting (or something similar) the enviorment is one of the biggest factors in a fight.

jinzin
No he's enhanced by his skeletonand, you do shortchange spidey quite often, you like him, to hate him.

He can do superhuman feats, but is classified as a peak human.
Batman survived a punch from Wonder Woman and Superman, I guess he's superhuman too eh, you see what I mean now?

batman has a suit that enables him to take superhuman punishment..that has nothing to do with his feats....wolverine enhanced by a skeleton or not is still superhuman in some aspects...unless we want to disregard spiderman as a superhuman because he got bid by a spider...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zenoside
batman has a suit that enables him to take superhuman punishment..that has nothing to do with his feats....wolverine enhanced by a skeleton or not is still superhuman in some aspects...unless we want to disregard spiderman as a superhuman because he got bid by a spider...roll eyes (sarcastic)
When did Batman get a suit like that?
All I remeber is him having Kevlar and thats about it. Did I miss an entire series or something?

And if your talking about his power suit, then he's only used that a few times before. He's fought superman without it.

jinzin
Comparing Venom to Thing is a little deceptive. I think the original comparison was made because of the strength similarity, however Spidey vs Venom is completely different to Spidey vs Thing. Venom and Carnage get the best of Spidey because all their abilities are the same, but the symbiotes are amped-up a bit more. Spidey can't win a direct-head-on confrontation with either of them without the help of sonics or fire because they're as fast and stronger than him. Now, with Thing it's completely different because the only advantage Thing has over Spiderman is strength, that's it. Thing isn't faster than Spidey, he doesn't have webbing, he doesn't cancel out his spider-sense and he isn't as agile as Spiderman.

incase you hadn't noticed I actually agree with every point you made here...well things does have fighting ability over spidey but other than that you're dead on..

jinzin
When did Batman get a suit like that?
All I remeber is him having Kevlar and thats about it. Did I miss an entire series or something?

And if your talking about his power suit, then he's only used that a few times before. He's fought superman without it.

actually batman's suit has changed consistantly over the years...i think now it's made out of spectra which is like enhanced kevlar with segmented peices of body armor underneath...but bats just took a punch to the face curtousy of supes in lex luthor this month...

Zenoside
actually batman's suit has changed consistantly over the years...i think now it's made out of spectra which is like enhanced kevlar with segmented peices of body armor underneath...but bats just took a punch to the face curtousy of supes in lex luthor this month...
ooh, thats gotta leave a bruise...

jinzin
Wait, when did this go from the streets of NYC to an enclosed no way out arena?

You cant be telling me that they wouldnt be fighting in a NYC setting (or something similar) the enviorment is one of the biggest factors in a fight.

what I'm saying is simple..spiderman can't beat them without outside circumstances..(using just his powers) he can't do it...period...he even admitted to it when he fought venom on the island....

jinzin
ooh, thats gotta leave a bruise...

it knocked him ou gave him two black eyes and a broken nose but he survived and he was fine...

Zenoside
what I'm saying is simple..spiderman can't beat them without outside circumstances..(using just his powers) he can't do it...period...he even admitted to it when he fought venom on the island....
Oh see now your saying something different.

Im guessing this is what you meant.

Last time you posted you said "outside circumstances interfering".
I couldnt see how fire or sonics would interfere in the fight at all. On this I agree with you.

jinzin
if outside circumstances are getting in the way...that's an interference...whether it's a weapon that spiderman doesn't normally use..or another superhero come to his rescue...semantics aside I'm glad to know you understand what I mean know..

Zenoside
if outside circumstances are getting in the way...that's an interference...whether it's a weapon that spiderman doesn't normally use..or another superhero come to his rescue...semantics aside I'm glad to know you understand what I mean know..
Well when I think of something interefering, I mean like maybe something explodes and catches on fire. Or some gong was dropped accidentally near Carnage. laughing out loud

I wouldnt call something Spidey uses as a catalyst interfering. But thats just my definition of the word.

Little details assuredly.

K Von Doom
incase you hadn't noticed I actually agree with every point you made here...well things does have fighting ability over spidey but other than that you're dead on..

That's probably another point we'll disagree on. I believe Spidey's fighting ability is greater than Thing's. Other than punching really hard I haven't seen Thing display any type of fighting skill or discipline. Yes, he hangs with the Hulk, but Hulk's not really a fighting genius. Whereas Spidey's skill is almost like a martial art.

Zenoside
That's probably another point we'll disagree on. I believe Spidey's fighting ability is greater than Thing's. Other than punching really hard I haven't seen Thing display any type of fighting skill or discipline. Yes, he hangs with the Hulk, but Hulk's not really a fighting genius. Whereas Spidey's skill is almost like a martial art.
Actually spidermans figthing is a whole nother type of martial arts Style. His style, takes advantage of every single one of his abilities, and its a hit-n-run type of attack advantage.

K Von Doom
Yes. That's what I meant smile It's not one type, but something that's all his own - Spidey-Fu

CorderaMitchell

Nope not quite accurate, his suit fares better against piercing weapons, plate armor is best for blunt proficiency, and it wouldn't holp up to supes anyway, duh smile

Zenoside
Spidey-Fu!!!! lol! I like that....

CorderaMitchell

Makes excellent sense, Venom is a greater threat than thing, and Spidey is all too familiar with stronger opponents.

great post. smokin'

CorderaMitchell
This is no different than wolverinel using a lighter to set venom ablaze, or The thing smacking someone with a car.

jinzin

bans proven his fighting skills on multiple occasions..but the dealer sealer is when he and logan used to do covert opperation pre-thing days...he displayed great amounts of fighting ability...

jinzin
Nope not quite accurate, his suit fares better against piercing weapons, plate armor is best for blunt proficiency, and it wouldn't holp up to supes anyway, duh smile

how is that inaccurate? are superman punches and captain marvel lightning bolts not super human now? confused

jinzin
This is no different than wolverinel using a lighter to set venom ablaze, or The thing smacking someone with a car.

and am I arguing with you on this point? confused

NO!

CorderaMitchell
how is that inaccurate? are superman punches and captain marvel lightning bolts not super human now? confused

No you missed my point, batman spars with wonder woman who is obviously superhuman, but he isn't classified as superhuman, though he can best many.
\
Batman's armore won't be doing very much.

CorderaMitchell
and am I arguing with you on this point? confused

NO!
smile good boy

DigiMark007
Spidey-Fu...to the rescue!
Kickin' ass you silly foo'
Jumpin', flippin', nothing new!
But he'll take your ass back to schoo'

*pumps chest with fist* Word!

-DM

Zenoside
Uh oh! Rappin like a homie!

*nods to the beat* YEAH!

CorderaMitchell
With kick flips spinz, to say the same

Doesn't need a benz, kick swingin his gamed

all he has to do is get real pissed

and all the guys will eat it

he's spiderman, spiderman

and hell his fans are the coolest of fans

He rocks his heritage from ireland

and beat a guy made of sand

thats where I stand

peace.

Zenoside
lol good one

CorderaMitchell
Your turn.

DigiMark007
Spiderman, spiderman
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size...

Waitasec...that seems kinda familiar...let's try again...

He's the amazing wall-crawler
Killin' baddies like a baller
Sonic clap? What the f*^%?
Aint no problem, dodge and duck.
Taking down the man of rock
Because he has a bigger...er...brain.

-DM

kgkg
Spiderman, spiderman
Spins a web, any size...

-DM
This has convinced me Spider-man wins

DigiMark007
Originally posted by kgkg
This has convinced me Spider-man wins

cool

Zenoside
Spiderman, spiderman
Spins a web, any size...

-DM eek! laughing

CorderaMitchell
Spiderman, spiderman
Spins a web, any size...

-DM

Hey man show some love

for the web crawlin thug

beats the foes

gets the ####

dodges cops

cant be stopped

hops the hops

does whatever he can

cant you see that he's the man

I had to get this stress of my chest

he's better than the rest

tougher than a bullet proof vest

and brushes his teeth with crest

cant you see that he would be

at home with Mj and black cat

then fighting this ol G

thats the end and noone rhymes faster

than the one and only CMASTER

you bastard,jk

June 2005 biatch evil face

smokin'

you turn smokin'

DigiMark007
k...last one...not used to battling in a "rhyme-off"

This ill dude named Peter Parker
Neuters more baddies than Bob Barker
Cruisin, chillin, loving, swinging
Pimped out costume, always blingin'
On top of Thing he'll throw a truck
Then back to MJ for a nice warm...er...bath.

(I can never end my rhymes like want...damn I have a dirty mind...and the Barker joke's a bit dated, my apologies to anyone who has no clue what it means).

-DM coolafro2

kgkg
Hey man show some love

for the web crawlin thug

beats the foes

gets the ####

dodges cops

cant be stopped

hops the hops

does whatever he can

cant you see that he's the man

I had to get this stress of my chest

he's better than the rest

tougher than a bullet proof vest

and brushes his teeth with crest

cant you see that he would be

at home with Mj and black cat

then fighting this ol G

thats the end and noone rhymes faster

than the one and only CMASTER

you bastard,jk

June 2005 biatch evil face

smokin'

you turn smokin'

ohh shit man you make Biggie Small look like a child lol

CorderaMitchell
k...last one...not used to battling in a "rhyme-off"

This ill dude named Peter Parker
Neuters more baddies than Bob Barker
Cruisin, chillin, loving, swinging
Pimped out costume, always blingin'
On top of Thing he'll throw a truck
Then back to MJ for a nice warm...er...bath.

(I can never end my rhymes like want...damn I have a dirty mind...and the Barker joke's a bit dated, my apologies to anyone who has no clue what it means).

-DM coolafro2

Time for this to end

I'm doing this for a friend

DM called me a bastard before

after I've killed these spidey haters like a chore

say no more

close tha door

spidey been running this since 64

you didn't know bro

you so slow

thinking things winning this from just one blow

kill the flow, let it go

bam sham, dizzam

this is it

play no sh#$

spidey takes it

brakes it, rakes it

faster than you can make it

dough that is, mind yo biz

here we go he's had girls named Liz

Felicia and mary jane

He's so insane in the membrane

He'scoming out with an ultimates video game

WHAT!?!?!?

Not done yet

make yo bet

spdiey's the one that makes the girls weat

and I'm not talking about sweat

05 in tha house, da CMASTER gotta jet.

PEACE

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by kgkg
ohh shit man you make Biggie Small look like a child lol

I remember you, you're the infamous kgkg I've heard so much about, people were pm'ing me about you, because of the "Best Debator thread"

I've seen those supes post, hardcore. cool

DigiMark007
notworthy

I concede. Nice job. This was fun...

-DM

CorderaMitchell
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

You win smile

It was fun though.lol

Jack Daniels
thing would eventually win when and if he could grab him....thats it...otherwise Spidey would just dance bounce whatever circles around him...he may not be able to beat thing but thing would get tired of getting hit with stuff and just run to the local pub...lol....hes not a quitter but he would just get so pissed he would need a drink...nuff said from me anyway..lol...

CorderaMitchell
nice sig, but you know thing can be very much webbed.

jinzin
No you missed my point, batman spars with wonder woman who is obviously superhuman, but he isn't classified as superhuman, though he can best many.
\
Batman's armore won't be doing very much.

that wasn't your point at all you .......

you brought up how batman's survived hits from superman and wonderwoman in relation to his peak human stature...when the fact that he's survived said hits has to do with his suit. his suit has nothing to do with his classification as peak human or not....nothing at all...batman grapples with wonderwoman...and his skills are enough to make it somewhat competative...if THAT was your point...(which if it was you really need to clarify..because you were clearly talking about how batman's been HIT)....batman's fighting ability is vastly superior to a lot of heroes in the dc world...his fighting ability doesn't make him superhuman...that again has nothing to do with the logan comparison you made earlier..and nothing to do with the fight..so why even bring it up?

CorderaMitchell
No it was how people string it to superhuman levels or do you wanna look on a batman thread. smile

who?-kid
peters hands would break or bruise too much before he ever did any serious harm to ben...seriously...
Why is that ? SM can hurt the Hulk, who is much more durable than Thing. Why would he have trouble hurting Thing ?
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thing is a vastly superior hand to hand fighter than either Jugs or Hulk.
Hulk is an underrated fighter. IF Thing is a better fighter, it won't be a big difference.

you think a lamp post if gonna hurt him when he takes hulk punches? confused
Yes it will hurt him and no, Thing has trouble with Hulks punches. He can take a few, and then Hulk doesn't want to play anymore and punches Things rocky ass right into the ground.
gonna be kinda hard to avoid a portion of city street that has enough speed and force behind it to send it out of orbit.....
Now you are exaggerating. If I didn't know any better, I would think that Things thunderclap is as powerful as a whisper of Black Bolt.

Okay, enough with the smartass remarks, back to the fight. Let's give each other some points, shall we ?

- Strength : Thing
- Agility : Spider-Man
- Durability : Thing
- Experience : Equal, so each a point.
- Intelligence : Spider-Man
- Fighting ability : Spider-Man (and NO, I am not taking anything away from Thing, but let's all be honest, he isn't exactly the best fighter ever. He's much more of a tough brawler with a strong personality and some nice moves)
- Weapons : Spider-Man (webs duh)
- + one point for SM for his spider-sense.

Now let me count : Thing 3 points, and SM 6 points. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a WINNER !!

jinzin
No it was how people string it to superhuman levels or do you wanna look on a batman thread. smile

dude if you're reffering to another freaking thread you're only proving my point...in that your point HERE...HERE...(HERE FOR GOD SAKES) as nothing to do with what we were talking about HERE....

CorderaMitchell
What point? smile

jinzin
sm can stagger hulk he can't really hurt him....thing's showing have been much more impressive...

point is...thing won't be seriously effected by anything that spiderman tries to hit him with before spiderman's feet or hands get sore....spiderman even admitted to this when he had to resort to chucking thing off of a roof.....

Thing is a better fighter...and yes it does make a huge difference..that's WHY ting's feats against hulk are so much more impressive than spidey's....

i'd venture to say thing is a bit more durable than your average mailbox or lamp post.....

and no I'm not exadurating other characters at or around things strength level have done THAT EXACT SAME THING.....
why couldn't ben? for any other reason than that it doesn't bode well for the web-head...

- Strength : Thing
- Agility : Spider-Man but it's not an offensive weapon..it can't help spiderman beat thing down it only helps him to survive...
- Durability : Thing
- Experience : Equal, so each a point.
- Intelligence : Spider-Man for chemistry and bookwrom shit maybe...in a fighting scenario however thing is easily just as cunning... no point awarded...
- Fighting ability : Spider-Man (and NO, I am not taking anything away from Thing, but let's all be honest, he isn't exactly the best fighter ever.......... spiderman has a unique fighting style...unique does not make one's fighting style better...thing is the better fighter...spidey AT BEST is thing's equal....but not his better...
- Weapons : Spider-Man (webs duh) or thing.....considering he can use whatever he wants to pick up in the vacinity...where as spiderman's options are far more limited...
- + one point for SM for his spider-sense.
+one point for thing via thunderclap.....

point is thing ends this with a thundeclap or three...it's acheap victory but so is webbing someone up.....it's still considered a win....

jinzin

jinzin
What point? smile

doh

CorderaMitchell
No i seriosly don't remember after all that ryhming, you killed the after party. smile

who?-kid
sm can stagger hulk he can't really hurt him...
Yes, SM CAN hurt Hulk, but not much of course. He can of course not beat the Hulk, because Hulk simply is in a whole other league.

But SM can hurt Hulk. Never read a fight between the two ?

I think we have different definitions of the word "impressive".

Why not ? SM can hurt Thing. Or can he throw him from a building, like he did one of the last times they met, on the roof of the Baxter Building.

Thing (together with Invisible Woman) : Leave webhead, none of your business ! Or what ? What you gonna do ? Hit me ?
Spider-Man : (grabs Thing)
Thing : Hey, what are you doing, let go !
Spider-Man : As you wish (throws Thing of the building, forcing Invisible Woman to leave SM and save Thing)

This is just plain wrong. Like I said, Thing is a tough brawler with a strong personality and some nice moves. But he's not a way better fighter than Spider-Man.

First it was only one thunderclap, now it's already three ? People will think Thing is applauding for Spider-Man big grin.

CorderaMitchell
Dont bother with jinzin, he sees you as the ultimate spiderman fanboy, and wont listen to you at all.

who?-kid
Dont bother with jinzin, he sees you as the ultimate spiderman fanboy
Somebody has to be lol.

CorderaMitchell
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i don't think he likes reasoning, just comic fights, and by that spidy definiely wins.

Freaky Zeeky
boom!

CorderaMitchell
he rules

Freaky Zeeky
Who? Spiderman?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>