wat was mace thinking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Dariush
when mace found out that palpatine was sidios y did he only take 3 jedi with him? There are at least 200 jedi in the temple and if he tooken like 20 with him i doubt sidious could take them all.i meen did mace grasp the idea that this was the ULTIMATE SITH LORD?

Red Superfly
As we know, Lucas likes to link his stories on a mythical level.

Star Wars has been inspired by many religious stories, fables and so on, but in this particular case Star Wars was inspired by the story of Samson and Deliliah and how Samsons hair was the key to his power.

Qui-Gon has sh*tloads of hair, and therefore was THE MAN.

Mace is bald, and is therefore a f*cktard.

Simple as that.

Paul-Muad'Dib
Well as i have seen Mace is very arrogant so i would not be surprised if he would have come alone smile He probably thought they could handle him, but were there really 200 jedis or more in the temple? I did not catch that, maybe i was not attentive. Mace should have been more precautious, but on the other hand we can see that GL wanted to show that Mace and Sidious are far more powerful than other jedis that were there, so i guess it doesnt matter how many would he bring with him if they are not Yoda or Obi-Wan. That has actually disturbed me, that those three jedis did not give more resistance, i mean c'mon they were jedi masters.

Red Superfly
But Mace was bald.

no expression

DeVi| D0do
But if they had captured Palpatine he wouldn't have been able to turn Anakin and the Original Trilogy wouldn't exist! eek!

huh

Serra_Keto
Well, who would you like to be on the strike team? That was availible then. Mace and...?

Master Dariush
ya and thats the other thing kit sassee and agen were really weak they should have at least fought a little longer so people dont think that there wimps.

DeVi| D0do
Obviously they ARE wimps if they are taken out so easily... at least in Lucas's mind...

Serra_Keto
Or he is trying to prove that Palpy is so freakin powerful you don't even know.

Red Superfly
I like the wimp theory.

I liked it when they died. evil face

Boris
They had never fought a Sith before, the only one who did was Obi-wan and he killed one as a Padawan, so he probably thought that four Masters would be more than enough for one Sith.

Serra_Keto
Not I, when I saw it for the first time I pinched myself because I was in such shock. I never ever thought in my wildest dreams that the outcome was going to turn up like that when they came into the office... no

Red Superfly
Good point.

They are still wimps. stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Come on, the only Jedi worth having on your team are Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Qui-Gon... everyone else is friggin useless.

Serra_Keto
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Come on, the only Jedi worth having on your team are Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Qui-Gon... everyone else is friggin useless.

Against Sidious yes...

Red Superfly
What about Quinlan Vos? The uber fanboy God of a Jedi?

Naw, he'd be a wimp too.

Man, Jedi SUCK.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Serra_Keto
Against Sidious yes...
and Clonetroopers...

Apex512
Mace just thought 4 MASTERS on the council would be enough they are the elites of the order, but those three got raped. If I was Mace I would have thought WTF, how did they get on the council, and jumped through the window. Mace had 4 jedi "masters" which apparently means nothing because they got totally owned. They just make anybody a master these days...

Except Anakin. laughing

DeVi| D0do
If I was Mace I would have just stabbed the mofo in the stomach while he was slowly killing the other three Jedi instead of just twiddling my thumbs in the background... but that's just me.

I wish I was a Jedi... I'd kick ASS!

Serra_Keto
and Clonetroopers...

lol.

Red Superfly
If I was Mace I would have just stabbed the mofo in the stomach while he was slowly killing the other three Jedi instead of just twiddling my thumbs in the background... but that's just me.

I wish I was a Jedi... I'd kick ASS!

If I was a Jedi, I'd have to be the first one to say "Wait a minute, look, what the hell is all this twirling for anyways? Seriously, it's rubbish, and it makes me look more camp than C3PO in a field of tents".

I mean, ANakin must have figurred it out. He must've been like "OK, that twirling and flip-flopping got my winky burnt, so f*ck that sh*t. I'm just gonna fight like a man from now on and get the job done, and maybe this time I can keep my robo-balls intact"

Secondly, what the hell was Mace doing anyway. He pretty much watched 3 of his good friends get wiped out. One would have been a bit hard to stop. Two would have been a fifty-fifty, but three?

I don't think Mace liked Kit Fisto to be honest. I mean as Fisto gets taken out Mace is off doing some sort of celebratory dance with his stupid purple lightsaber to commemorate his passing.

What is it with Jedi and The Dance?

Swanky-Tuna
It seems like a lot of Lucas' attempts to make people look powerful just make said person's opponents look sucky.

stunna1773
if i were a jedi i would probably never get master cause i would be a jackass and poke people wit the sabre and do other stupid stuff lol

stunna1773
and plus mace coud've done that one think where u could like push back like thirty feet and then kill the sith.

and how is yoda stronger than mace cause yoda couldnt get the job done but mace could've if it wasnt for anakin

Serra_Keto
Originally posted by stunna1773
and plus mace coud've done that one think where u could like push back like thirty feet and then kill the sith.

and how is yoda stronger than mace cause yoda couldnt get the job done but mace could've if it wasnt for anakin

Here we go again... lol. laughing

THEJEDIMASTER
yoda lost his saber while he wus fighting sidous and sidoius had force lightning but yoda doesnt have anythign to attack with. big grin but sidious wouldve zapped him anywayz before mace couldve killed him even if anakin wusnt there but he wanted to convince anakin or osmething.. how the hell do i noe

Master Dariush
well kit fisto didnt do that bad...

Master Dariush
he was 2nd to last to die and held on for few seconds

Captain REX
Originally posted by Red Superfly
But Mace was bald.

no expression

So THAT'S why Vader lost to Luke and Episode VI Palpatine lost to Vader...

THEJEDIMASTER
lol

Captain REX
Anyway, he was thinking "Hey mothaf***a! I'm black, and you're goin' down, because I'm Samuel L. Jackson, and I always win, b!tch!" wink

Serra_Keto
That reminds me of the Chapelle Show lol.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Master Dariush
when mace found out that palpatine was sidios y did he only take 3 jedi with him? There are at least 200 jedi in the temple and if he tooken like 20 with him i doubt sidious could take them all.i meen did mace grasp the idea that this was the ULTIMATE SITH LORD? Because he couldn't fit 200 Jedi in that room! laughing ............... dontgetit

DeVi| D0do
I don't think Mace liked Kit Fisto to be honest. I mean as Fisto gets taken out Mace is off doing some sort of celebratory dance with his stupid purple lightsaber to commemorate his passing.
I did the exact same dance when Kit Fisto died. God I hate that guy. Mace was a cynic. He probably took all of the Jedi he hated to that fight to watch them die... Yay for Mace!

Captain REX
He would have brought Anakin then, DD...

DeVi| D0do
Ahh, yeah, that's true. Damn.

chubbychipmunk
But if they had captured Palpatine he wouldn't have been able to turn Anakin and the Original Trilogy wouldn't exist! eek!

huh

that was what i was going to say good job! haha

chubbychipmunk
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
Because he couldn't fit 200 Jedi in that room! laughing ............... dontgetit

laughing hahaa

chubbychipmunk
palpatines was an ass, is an ass and is always going to be an ass.............always roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
when mace found out that palpatine was sidios y did he only take 3 jedi with him? There are at least 200 jedi in the temple and if he tooken like 20 with him i doubt sidious could take them all.i meen did mace grasp the idea that this was the ULTIMATE SITH LORD? They weren't all in the temple. They were, oh, fighting the war. At least he brought people with him.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by JKozzy
They weren't all in the temple. They were, oh, fighting the war. At least he brought people with him.
Ya, just so they could die by some old geezer.

JKozzy
Precisely.

Dirty Vader
when mace found out that palpatine was sidios y did he only take 3 jedi with him? There are at least 200 jedi in the temple and if he tooken like 20 with him i doubt sidious could take them all.i meen did mace grasp the idea that this was the ULTIMATE SITH LORD?

1. Well Mace and the three other knights were already going somewhere and heading towards a ship, when Anakin broke the news that Palpy was the sith Lord. There was no time to lose, so instead of going to their intended destination, Mace and the three others went to the office.

2. 4 jedi would normaly be enough for one sith lorf. But this is palpy and he was underestimated.

3.Besides imagine shooting a scene with 20 jedi vs one sith in a room. It'd be stupid.

jabbar
Originally posted by Dirty Vader

3.Besides imagine shooting a scene with 20 jedi vs one sith in a room. It'd be stupid.

What r u talking about ?? blink That would be bloody awesome! Just imagine 20 Jedi buzzing about - twenty blue, green (and one purple) lightsaber) versus one red one frantically deflecting multiple attacks at once!! The only reason they didn't do it is because Ian McDiarmid is too old to do such elaborate fight scenes, and doing it in CGI would have been so Matrix, and people would sh!t all over it after the movie.

Having said that, nothing beats the dramatic effect of a one-on-one duel, the cornerstone of Star Wars duels!

Dirty Vader
Yes it would be matrix like, unreal and therefore stupid regardless of how cool it would look.

elzzihs
um....hey, man, i get what you're saying, but mace windu is supposedly the greatest Jedi warrior the council has, besides Yoda. And, he brings with him masters who fought in the Geonosis arena, one of the most well-renowned battles during the clone wars. Besides, almost all of the Jedi are gone fighting on other planets. Remember? Order 66? Anyways, just remember, man, The Great George Lucas knows all.

stunna1773
how would a whole bunch of clone troopers and anikin dominate over 200 jedi and younglings just amazing isnt it

Jack Daniels
truly

dflood
btw mace could handle him on his own , he didi until that queer interupted

stunna1773
lmfao

Master Mawi
Personally I think Mace was an idiot. Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar probably aren't as powerful as Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon. Kit Fisto and Mace Windu are the only two powerful Jedi when they took on Sidious.

Why didn't Mace wait for Yoda, Ki-Adi and Plo to return then take on Sidious?

mysterio69
If I was a Jedi, I'd have to be the first one to say "Wait a minute, look, what the hell is all this twirling for anyways? Seriously, it's rubbish, and it makes me look more camp than C3PO in a field of tents".

I mean, ANakin must have figurred it out. He must've been like "OK, that twirling and flip-flopping got my winky burnt, so f*ck that sh*t. I'm just gonna fight like a man from now on and get the job done, and maybe this time I can keep my robo-balls intact"

Secondly, what the hell was Mace doing anyway. He pretty much watched 3 of his good friends get wiped out. One would have been a bit hard to stop. Two would have been a fifty-fifty, but three?

What is it with Jedi and The Dance?
i think this post says it all. and even if it doesn't, oh well. it's funny as hell. robo-balls? that's ****in' gold. laughing

Dirty Vader
Originally posted by Master Mawi
Personally I think Mace was an idiot. Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar probably aren't as powerful as Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon. Kit Fisto and Mace Windu are the only two powerful Jedi when they took on Sidious.

Why didn't Mace wait for Yoda, Ki-Adi and Plo to return then take on Sidious?

Because they were all away fighting the seperatists, and this was a matter that needed to be dealt with immediately.

DiamondBullets
Does anyone have any idea why Agen Kolar had his back to Palpatine when he got wasted?

DenKi
its because that whole Scene was mucked up big time, it was just to show us how fast power and stong Sidious really was

Red Superfly
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Does anyone have any idea why Agen Kolar had his back to Palpatine when he got wasted?

Because instead of fighting, Kolar was doing the Jedi Dance.

I mean, we all know Jedi were peacebringers, but the fact they always tried to diffuse a situation with The Dance is just asking for a lightsaber up your ass.

DiamondBullets
I agree Soopafly, all 4 of them survived Geonosis, yet that idiot had his back towords a Sith Lord. I wonder how Lucas is gonna explain that shit on the audio commentary of the dvd.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
I wonder how Lucas is gonna explain that shit on the audio commentary of the dvd.

Probably with "silence"......or some "breathing" before changing the subject.

Dresta
Lucas is stupid thats why.

Red Superfly
Now now, lets not be name calling.

I personally blame Nick Gillard for turning every fight into a ballet of rediculous proportions. He says he hates the OT fights, that they were awful, well at least they looked like fights with laser swords rather than some bizarre looking ritual involving Copeira dancing and glow sticks.

The rediculous fights and choreography hurts the drama in my opinion.

There's nothing that matches the desperation of Luke vs Vader on Bespin. Like when Vader grounds Luke ("It is useless to resist...."wink and the way Luke is constantly trying to find ground. The fights were functional and complimented the story.

The fight in III should have complimented what Mace and the other 3 Jedi were actually doing. Instead, it's just Palpatine offing 3 Jedi, with twirls and all that crap while Mace does his own thing somewhere else. It isn't a functional fight, and Nick Gillard didn't do a good job of showing that the other Jedi couldn't help each other out, instead he just had them spinning around aimlessly, trying to make it look like they were doing something "important".

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by stunna1773
how would a whole bunch of clone troopers and anikin dominate over 200 jedi and younglings just amazing isnt it
Well, I('m sure Anakin took out most of the Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.