Deep Blue Sea 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stunna1773
who thinks this movie is gonna suck .

its supose to be about killer sharks invade a flooded town

LiL nAstY GirL
Their making a second? where's the proof?

stunna1773
http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?name=deepbluesea2_2002&genre=action&studio=TBA

LiL nAstY GirL
Oh my...The first one was ok...this one......

stunna1773
i think its pointless

Cinemaddiction
Totally.

dark1365

No comment

kmcdude
I will see it only cause I like shark movie's though.......

Morbid4Daniel
First one was good, might as well see the second. Im a shark lover.

MildPossession
Only thing I liked about the first one was Saffron Burrows. Not looking forwards to a second movie.

actor
first one was amazing
this one will probably be ok

tabby999
the first one sucked ass. there was a few cool deaths, and the rest was horrible. i pitty the fool who gets the job of making this dog of a flick

beta-wolf_101
I think the first one sucked this one will too.I mean they killed Samuel Jackson what the f**k? Even if it was cool scene when the shark jumped through the hole and ate him it shouldn't be done

MortalPlague
This is great news!

I thought the first one was excellent. Good cast, unpredictable deaths, and a big, toothy surprise at the end. I can't wait for the new one! big grin

*EDIT* Reading the synopsis... Hundreds of tourists ripped to shreds, and an Aliens-style shark hunt? How can you not be looking forward to it?

Myth
"Deep Blue Sea? A shark ate me! A F*cking shark ate me! Drink b!tch!"
- Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson laughing

Ken Kenobi
Dear God...Why?

The first movie barely passed as OK in my eyes. The only part that was any good was Sam Jacksons death. It was totally unexpected. Other than that the movie was poor and I am glad I only borrowed it from a friend who rented it.

I'll do the same with this flick, I could use a good laugh.

kmcdude
I thought the first one was pretty good.

ragesRemorse
Any movie that has any kind of affiliation with LL. cool j is garbage. the original was ok for the first 20 minutes.

tabby999
Originally posted by MortalPlague
This is great news!

I thought the first one was excellent. Good cast, unpredictable deaths, and a big, toothy surprise at the end. I can't wait for the new one! big grin

*EDIT* Reading the synopsis... Hundreds of tourists ripped to shreds, and an Aliens-style shark hunt? How can you not be looking forward to it?

easy, by looking at the first one and seeing it was a pile of crap. one minute the sharks are the size of trucks, then they're fitting through doorways, then they're hidden in waist high water. it was cliched and horribly mundane. want a good shark movie, Jaws. want a shite one, Deep Blue Sea

Evil Dead
the first one was by no means a great movie........but I like it for what it is.

um......that was the point. They were trying to break the formula that movie goers were expecting. Samuel Jackson was billed as a hero from the first minute he stepped on screen. He had saved a bunch of people in an avalanche. He was the number one hero people expected to save the day..........so they killed him. Further breaking the forumula......the female lead also gets killed.......leaving the black man to survive instead.

tpaquin
mmmmmmmkay. that pre-release buzz is from 2001, so I'm not sure if this movie will ever be in existence, unless I'm blatantly reading the headings wrong.

MortalPlague
Originally posted by tabby999
easy, by looking at the first one and seeing it was a pile of crap. one minute the sharks are the size of trucks, then they're fitting through doorways, then they're hidden in waist high water. it was cliched and horribly mundane. want a good shark movie, Jaws. want a shite one, Deep Blue Sea

It was far less cliched than most horror movies. I don't know about you, but I don't watch monster flicks to complain that sharks can fit through doorways. I watch them to see the heroes get torn to shreds, and that's what I got. Add in the high bodycount and the unpredictable deaths, and it's an excellent popcorn flick. I don't care if the movie bends the rules of physics a little so long as it actually has teeth.

tabby999
Originally posted by MortalPlague
It was far less cliched than most horror movies. I don't know about you, but I don't watch monster flicks to complain that sharks can fit through doorways. I watch them to see the heroes get torn to shreds, and that's what I got. Add in the high bodycount and the unpredictable deaths, and it's an excellent popcorn flick. I don't care if the movie bends the rules of physics a little so long as it actually has teeth.

i watch a movie like that, thats making a point of telling you 5 times a minute how big the sharks are then having them go through a door and think "well that was not only stupid, but sloppy." if the people making the movie cant think of a better way to bring the shark into the scene, the shouldn't do something so blatantly stupid. and there were stupid, i mean STUPID moments/cliches in that movie. the cook not only gets trapped in an OVEN but then the shark LEARNS HOW TO TURN IT ON. not to mention the chef being "cliched black man" to the hilt, he spouts horrible one liners and follows all the "black man in a horror movie rules." the movie isn't shite because it "bends the rules of physics a little" its shite because it treats the audience like idiots.

tabby999
http://www.horrorview.com/Deep%20Blue%20Sea.htm

this sums it up well too

Evil Dead
I still don't think it's that bad........I enjoy it for what it is, a silly little popcorn flick. You have the right to your opinion though........

I will say this, the shark didn't learn how to turn the oven on. The shark was trying to attack LL Cool J.....trying to break the glass out of the oven door because it saw LL behind the glass. As it's ramming the glass to shatter it, it's nose hit's the "on' button. The movie already has enough flaws and idiotic moments in it as is.............no need to exaggerate and make new ones up, read more into it than was shown on screen.

BackFire
I loved the first one, it's a fun movie to watch.

BlackC@t
It's just not one of those movies you can watch over and over. Seeing it once is enough for me.

kmcdude
So anyone know what number 2 is gunna be about?

tabby999
i think someone said that it was about a flooded town where people get eaten by the sharks.

kmcdude
Sound's kinda cool,if they dont ''over do it'' like they probably will. beer

tabby999
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I will say this, the shark didn't learn how to turn the oven on. The shark was trying to attack LL Cool J.....trying to break the glass out of the oven door because it saw LL behind the glass. As it's ramming the glass to shatter it, it's nose hit's the "on' button. The movie already has enough flaws and idiotic moments in it as is.............no need to exaggerate and make new ones up, read more into it than was shown on screen.

sorry, wasn't trying to make stuff up, when i watched it i thought it'd figured out how to turn the oven on, sure it was stupid, but so was everything else in the movie

stunna1773
yea that wuz me its supose to be about an flooded town invaded by killer sharks

Lord_Andres
I remeber when the first one came out, I was expecting the next Jaws, what a freakin dissapointment, and we all know what happens when they amke sequals to lame ass popcorn movies, its then that we puke into the popcorn pack

stunna1773
lmfao rofl

kmcdude
I liked the first one!

Luetchyboy
I quote from the website used as prove, "04/10/01
Way back in May 2000..." This news is over four years old, we have heard nothing about the movie so i would say its fair to assume it won't be made. That being said I did enjoy deep blue sea and I watch movies for entertainment not to look for stupid moments.

kmcdude
I will try and find a good link and post it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.