Question for all Christians and Muslims

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HimoKun
In these two religions, there is a all powerful good being, and his polar opposite. Now, what has been eating me away is that these Gods are creators of everything and are all powerful. So why don't they just destroy Hell and the Devil and bring all their people to their respective Heavens?

ZoSo
Perhaps this should be moved to the Religion Forum....

debbiejo
Originally posted by HimoKun
In these two religions, there is a all powerful good being, and his polar opposite. Now, what has been eating me away is that these Gods are creators of everything and are all powerful. So why don't they just destroy Hell and the Devil and bring all their people to their respective Heavens?

Good question.....It's probably because they are created from myths..And all myths seem to have the same opposites in them.

alcoholicpoet
Because they don't exist

pr1983

BALANCE...

LordFear
Originally posted by pr1983
BALANCE...

I agree with that answer.
Even in physics it states that for every action there is a reaction.
The ying and the yang if you will.

HimoKun
But they created everything, and they shouldn't have to be tied down by something they created. And if they both love their people so much, why don't they just kill the thing that is giving their people grief.

WindDancer
Moving to Religion forum...

LordFear
But they created everything, and they shouldn't have to be tied down by something they created. And if they both love their people so much, why don't they just kill the thing that is giving their people grief.

Well as I understand it, God never created evil. It seeped into this world when he created it and although he has the power to annihilate it, he has a specific reason for the delaying things.

XxoooxX
Originally posted by LordFear
Well as I understand it, God never created evil. It seeped into this world when he created it and although he has the power to annihilate it, he has a specific reason for the delaying things.

Ya because he needs to get his sleap and go to parties and get drunk.

He can never find time to Destroy them.

XxoooxX
Originally posted by XxoooxX

LordFear
Originally posted by XxoooxX
Ya because he needs to get his sleap and go to parties and get drunk.

He can never find time to Destroy them.

As a God fearing person I am not sure I like that cynical statement there

lil bitchiness

If you take a different approach to god in Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the God in question has all the qualities of the spoilt child - 'i am right and everyone else is wrong', ''worship me or i'll send you to hell'', ''if you question what i do i will smight you'' etc etc...

Humans appear to not be able to imagine something spiritualy superiour. Such God cannot destroy devil, simply because...he doesnt want to, or theres a reason he doesnt want to tell to his followers.

finti
so what would be the reaction to god creating the world

Kosta
Originally posted by pr1983
BALANCE...

ie. Neo and Agent Smith big grin

Jury
This will happen on Judgment Day.

debbiejo
Eat some roughage of something....it's all just a myth...

finti
we have that every year it is call tax returns

Jury
Opinions... I respect.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Jury
This will happen on Judgment Day.

eek!

When is this?!?

finti
next xmas

PrinceofBlades

Because each one believes in a grand test to see who deserves their fortunes and who does not. In the end, that will occur, but nit until every file filed and book put in its place...

finti
sounds like the final exams in school

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo
Eat some roughage of something....it's all just a myth... What do you believe?There had to have a beginning to the human race so there has to be a god but other than that you seem to think that everything is a myth. You can email or private message if you want.

markie
Originally posted by finti
sounds like the final exams in school The pot of Gold is at the end of the rainbow.

Imperial_Samura
By all accounts the question of evil seems to be a sore point with religious scholars as it is hard to justify, by all accounts, an all powerful, all good God allowing such misery to exist. It either suggests they aren't all good, they aren't all powerful (as they are unable to create something good without bad existing) or there is something more. The Manichees of old believed that there were two equal forces, a good god and a bad one, engaged in an eternal struggle etc. which is actually slightly more believable then the concept that the Christian God is all good but he says "Eh, you'll have to suffer to earn your place".

Sounds silly though, and I have to wonder, why in God's name did God decide to bother with creation anyway, what did it achieve. He knows who is going to get to heaven supposedly, and who will fall short, so why bother? It's even more pointless when the "holy" books claim that eventually everything we have worked for will be destroyed in some end of times, so once again why bother? I mean its like telling a man he will get a million dollars if he spends a year building a house which. And after that year the house will be promptly knocked down, and no matter how good or bad it is, whether it is finished or not, no matter how hard or little he tried, he will get the money regardless.

But then I never liked the theory that we are be tested, so thats why bad stuff happens. In a rather nihilistic statement I will proclaim that to me God's tests and things all seem rather pointless. After all, what is the point of making ones "children" who he loves so much, suffer for like 60, 70 mortal years, and the apparently give them eternity, why not just eternity to begin with? It's even more odd considering that supposedly when one reaches heaven knowledge and such of the pain and goodness one experienced in mortal years is lost. Really to me I think that if such an all powerful God exists, and I question whether that is true, he/she/it is not all good, but just as prone to oddity, eccentricity and fickleness of emotions as we humans are, but then it is said we are modelled in its image...

finti
so the tales go, very much like the bibical tale. Diffrence is that people still believe in the latter

Jury
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
eek!

When is this?!?
Only God knows.

finti
if god knew god would have told me last time we played poker

ushomefree
Imperial Samura

Join the club. Even the most devout Christians have questions and doubts that scream to be answered and laid to rest. I understand your frustration. Remember: We have earthly thoughts; God... eternal thoughts. We simply lack the mind capacity to understand the will of God in all aspects. The world is bigger than you and I my friend. There are no simple answers, and sometimes none at all.

The world is full of pain and suffering. Who could deny? You ask: Why does an all powerful God allow such experiences to take place? First of all, pain and suffering is all temporary, and will reach closure in time. God does not favor the human condition any more than we do. In the end, all people will take responsibility for their actions.

If God made our decisions for us, and micromanaged our daily lives, we would no longer be in control. Life would be meaningless. We would be puppets.

To answer the question, the answer is free will. There is no way around it. God will not wake you in the morning for work and cook a handsome breakfast before you depart your home for the day. God will not start your car to warm up on a cold winter morning or scrape the ice off of your windshield. It is your responsibility, and the same applies to Gods law. You and I, have no one to blame for all the chaos manifesting through sin in the world today, but you and I. God gave life, and we abused it. He chose to let us live in free will, the ultimate freedom. That's power.

In your message, you asked: "Why not eternity to begin with?" Think about your question for a moment. God is looking for the very elect. God is looking for persons to confide in Him on their own accord, not by His own doing or prearranged circumstance. GOD GAVE YOU THE POWER TO CHOOSE. That my friend, is a true relationship. People are not capable of this kind of selflessness. And people often criticise God as having an ego. Well... if you lent money to a friend for example that was under financial strain, having never to receive appreciation for your generosity, and never heard from them again, it's safe to assume that you would consider that rude. Maybe you have an ego too?

God is all loving, and even sent His begotten son Jesus Christ to stress that truth. Despite everything, do not let your mind wonder. Salvation is not something you earn through good works. It is something that you ask for with all your heart. You must make a decision and act upon it. Christianity is a way of life, not a social club where multitudes go through the motions. Life does not get any easier being a Christian. It's gets harder; for good reason too. People who truly love God and have genuine faith in Jesus will make the most of their efforts to please God. God is true to you, you must be true to Him. In the end, they will be saved... and live with the Lord for eternity. Amen.

Apathy and complacency are the characteristics of a fool; generally speaking of course. God is loving and fair. Nobody has to go to hell, but many will. Express your sinful nature to the Lord, and try to repent from your sins and pray on a daily basis. Find Jesus, and make genuine efforts to live by His example. Study the Bible to ensure intellectual faith. Christianity is based on historical events that you can piece together through rigorous study. You have to seek knowledge. It will not fall in your lap.

Be honest with yourself, and consult subject matter experts to elaborate on your questions. Read books or purchase DVD study material if you have to. It's the most important journey you'll ever make. And, you will not be disappointed if you make genuine efforts to find the Lord.

finti
yeah I bet people of Sudan feel the same way.......................not

MahmoudAB
God created hell and devils so he can test the human, he told the human to pray for him and believe in him and don't do wrong things so u can get to heaven,,

devils are here to make u forget about god thats a test... if u have strong faith in god u won't do any mistakes ( crime, drinking, smoking, sex, not believing in god..etc)

finti
drinking??? sex???? mistakes.....are you delirious or something

ushomefree
MahmoudAB

I am on Finti's side on this one. Your level of commitment and faith in Jesus Christ will have an effect on your personal living habits and standards. However, to believe that you will never sin again is ridiculous. If what you say is true, Jesus Christ is irrelevant, because people are capable of perfection. But, we all know that we are not.

debbiejo
Originally posted by ushomefree
God is looking for the very elect. God is looking for persons to confide in Him Apathy and complacency are the characteristics of a fool; generally . And, you will not be disappointed if you make genuine efforts to find the Lord.

I talk to God all the time....and get answers too....yes I do.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by MahmoudAB
God created hell and devils so he can test the human, he told the human to pray for him and believe in him and don't do wrong things so u can get to heaven,,

devils are here to make u forget about god thats a test... if u have strong faith in god u won't do any mistakes ( crime, drinking, smoking, sex, not believing in god..etc)

So looks like God do not trust us.

JLRTENJAC

I honastally don't know why God doesn't destroy satin... maybe sin in the world allows people a choice.

Oh and by the way Muslims, Jews, and christians beleave in the same God.

Muslims and Jews don't beleave that Jesus is the son of God.
Muslims follow the line of Ishmiael (did I spell that right?) Abriham's 1st son, that he sinfully had.
Jews follow the line of Isac, The son that God promised Abriham.
Christians follow Isac's line... untill Jesus and they follow Jesus.

cking
because God is only going to let satan do what he wants until jesus comes back to throw him back in his place. He does this to give mankind a choice to follow him or satan.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by MahmoudAB

1. The devil is a fallen angel
2. humans will always make mistakes, no matter how strongly we believe in God, The bible says that itself.
3. sex isn't a sin, God created it, It is how humanity has survived, but pre-marital sex is a sin. but as long as a man and a woman come together in holy matromony before having sex then they havent sined... oh and so there is no confusion affairs are the same as pre-marital sex.

cking
good post

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.