The death of Michael Bay!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Maybe Im just venting here, but I say Michael Bay needs to die a horrific and painful death since this douchebag is guilty of ruining remakes of classic horror films like Amityville Horror and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. How should he die you ask? Well, I say cut his face off with a chainsaw and nail it on his face upside down and then stick him inside the drywall of some big house in Long Island and lets the rats and spiders nibble away at him until he dies of dysentary. Any other ideas?

BackFire
I just think he should stop making movies, especially horror films he obviously knows nothing about.

Gaetane
I only HALF agree, The Amityville horror remake sucked big time you're right about that, but the TCM remake, will i found it a very strong movie
I'm sorry but actually i liked it very much (even more than the original, ssssshh! don't tell!)

Cinemaddiction
I'm the reverse. The original "Amityville" did nothing for me, and Ryan Reynolds was actually pretty solid, muchless tolerable, in this one. The "TCM" remake wasn't dreadful, but there was no reason to remake it, either.

Impediment
Im just saying he thinks he is making a "better and modern" version of timeless horror films, when, in fact, they are nothing more than bastardized dribble of an egocentric and overrated mind. The Amityville Horror was nothing more than a knock-off of The Shining, complete with the Ryan Reynolds impression of Jack Torrance; and The Tx Chainsaw Massacre was....was....oh hell it just SUCKED!! Sure it was more graphic and violent visually with more blood and splatter, but that hardly makes up for lousy acting and a very sh***y plot AND ending. Dont get me wrong, I'm not "anit-remake" for certain films, after all I liked the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead, however the original 1978 version will always reign supreme. I just want some integrity out of filmmakers, and Michael Bay has none, which is why he deserves to be dipped in BBQ sauce and locked in a room with a rabid wolverine high on angel dust!!

beta-wolf_101
I never watch remakes for this very reason.

Gaetane
Originally posted by Impediment
Im just saying he thinks he is making a "better and modern" version of timeless horror films, when, in fact, they are nothing more than bastardized dribble of an egocentric and overrated mind. The Amityville Horror was nothing more than a knock-off of The Shining, complete with the Ryan Reynolds impression of Jack Torrance; and The Tx Chainsaw Massacre was....was....oh hell it just SUCKED!! Sure it was more graphic and violent visually with more blood and splatter, but that hardly makes up for lousy acting and a very sh***y plot AND ending. Dont get me wrong, I'm not "anit-remake" for certain films, after all I liked the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead, however the original 1978 version will always reign supreme. I just want some integrity out of filmmakers, and Michael Bay has none, which is why he deserves to be dipped in BBQ sauce and locked in a room with a rabid wolverine high on angel dust!!

Okay i admit i loved the TCM remake, and i can understand people hated it, but i thought the acting was the best I've seen in a horror movie
(in how many horror movies do we see the heroines saliva, tears and snot?)

actor
^^^agreed

Impediment
I just dont understand the need to remake a movie when there is nothing wrong with the original in the first place. I wouldnt be as mad if the movies were remade by someone who had at least HALF a clue about horror film, and Michael Bay has ZERO. By remaking a movie, you're taking away from the original. Also, Marilyn Burns, the actress in the original Chainsaw Massacre who played Sally Hardesty, acted her ASS off ten times better than that Biel chick. Burns screamed so loud and so hard she actually lost her voice for a day or so. Lets see one of these modern day snot-nosed actors do that! By the way tears, snot, and saliva are not the trademark of a "talented actor".

Gaetane
your absolutely right about Marilyn burns, her performance was outstanding, really top notch. (Although Jessica Biel also acted great in the remake)
And i agree that the original had some better parts than the remake
but, and i speak for myself here, i didn't like the comedy in the orginal.
I thought it was a too serious movie to have a certain of a comedy undertone to it. So i was glad the movie was remade without that comedy tone too it (but off course that's only my personal view).

Impediment
I dont know what you mean by "comedic undertone" in the first one. If you mean the "hillbilly-inbred-goofiness" of the family, then it was actually necessary to the feel of the movie and to establish them all as true, slobbering lunatics. In my opinion, R. Lee Ermy's acting in the remake was more comedic than anyone else's in the original. I'm talking about the part where he and the other kids are wrapping that dead chick's body in plastic and removing her from the car and Ermy's character, Sherriff Hewitt, is wise cracking the whole time.

BackFire
There was a lot of dark humor in the original, though I think it's one of the strongest points in the film.

Impediment
Point taken. I'd still like to see Bay impaled, though.

Impediment
Now I hear that they're gonna make a PREQUEL to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Does anyone know if that whore Michael Bay have any involvement in this unnecessary waste of time?

slayer
yes, there will be a 2006 remake but not with any involvement from Mike BAy!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420294/ big grin

Myth
I'm so happy that The Island is a failure. YAY!

venom_x9
i have never heared of mike bay

Impediment
I was also thrilled to see the movie fail. I spoke to three of my friends who are "action" movie afficianados and went to see "The Island" and they all said it was crap.

tpaquin
Originally posted by slayer
yes, there will be a 2006 remake but not with any involvement from Mike BAy!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420294/ big grin Yes. Instead we get the director of Darkness Falls....

Jason_Krueger
The Amityville remake was a bit better than the original, but the TCM remake was mistake.

Zilverz
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
The Amityville remake was a bit better than the original, but the TCM remake was mistake.

I think your post was a mistake. Please rewatch the original Amityville.

The Horror element was almost entirely Jump Scenes in the remake.

as for TCM remake. Well i think that deserves its own post

Jason_Krueger
The orginal Amityville was sorta drawn out and when there building the main character up to be this crazy motherf*cker who's suppose to kill his family they dont do it instead he just suddently gets a stroke of consience and they escape no harm done.....atleast the remake came through at the end even though it was weak.

b-dan
leave him to me ill think of something muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impediment
Now I hear that Michael Bay is gonna remake Friday the 13th. Is this true? If so, then this is more proof that Bay is a whore who is hellbent on ruining oldshool horror with unnecessary remakes.

Wolfie
Damn, he's gonna mess up F13 if that's true. F13 would be really hard to remake in today's world. Do you stay true to the original and don't include Jason or please the average moviegoer who will be sure to see it?

I enjoyed the TCM remake, it has nothing on the original but it was better than the other sequels.

The Amityville Horror remake, yeah, that was terrible.

Impediment
Remember the opening scene from "Scream" when Drew Barrymore is on the phone with the killer and he's quizing her about who the killer was in FT13 1? She immediately blurts out that its Jason Vorhees, and yet she was wrong. Wes Craven said he added that little bit in the movie because the percentage of people who actually think that Jason is the killer in the first FT13 movie is unbelievable. I think that its safe to say that Michael Bay, or whoever, will incorporate Jason into the remake just so they can please mainstream America, instead of sticking to tradition and story. Hide and watch....................it'll happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.