Which is now the dominant incarnation of Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
I would like to think Bruce Timm's Batman (from TAS) is the dominant Batman in the collective mind of pop culture but I think that place will be taken by Christian Bale's. I can live with that, because it's close enough.

brainchild81
IMO Bale was good but TAS Bats will always be the Bats who had everything right.

DarkAge
Ditto, but which do you think is the more FAMOUS one now is what I meant.

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkAge
Ditto, but which do you think is the more FAMOUS one now is what I meant.

bale's... there'll be a lot of people seeing batman begins who hadnt seen the tas or the previous movies, so bale will stick in their mind more...

Joker1237
I enjoy BTAS more than Batman begains, I not bad mouthing the movie, it was a pretty good movie, even with some of the complains I have (IE Scarecrow working at Arkham, Ra Training Wayne like it was a highlander movie, It did feel like that at the begaining)

But other than that it was ok. pretty good.

But when you start saying it even SURpasses BTAS, than your eating a whole other plate of crow all togetor.

IT has not been that long that we all ready forgot about the laughing Fish or Harlyquin or Fire from olpmpus. Or the feat of victory. I mean these are very good Batman storys.

And who can forget heart of Ice?? I mean one would relly pitty Mr Freeze, He had my tears in that show when he said, he failed his wife.

There was more emotion in that series, sure the graphics and artwork are not relly up to date and such, But you have to rember it was HAND draw. a lot of paper for 85 shows. a lot has change from the mid 90s to Batman Begains. But if you look pass the old looks, One can see it was better,

Just as I feel the old Superman shows were better than the Superman movies.

Oh yeah I sure LOTS of people had seen the show now, Had we all ready FORGOT they put out all 85 shows in nice DVD box sets now??

pr1983
Originally posted by Joker1237
I enjoy BTAS more than Batman begains, I not bad mouthing the movie, it was a pretty good movie, even with some of the complains I have (IE Scarecrow working at Arkham, Ra Training Wayne like it was a highlander movie, It did feel like that at the begaining)

But other than that it was ok. pretty good.

But when you start saying it even SURpasses BTAS, than your eating a whole other plate of crow all togetor.

IT has not been that long that we all ready forgot about the laughing Fish or Harlyquin or Fire from olpmpus. Or the feat of victory. I mean these are very good Batman storys.

And who can forget heart of Ice?? I mean one would relly pitty Mr Freeze, He had my tears in that show when he said, he failed his wife.

There was more emotion in that series, sure the graphics and artwork are not relly up to date and such, But you have to rember it was HAND draw. a lot of paper for 85 shows. a lot has change from the mid 90s to Batman Begains. But if you look pass the old looks, One can see it was better,

Just as I feel the old Superman shows were better than the Superman movies.

Oh yeah I sure LOTS of people had seen the show now, Had we all ready FORGOT they put out all 85 shows in nice DVD box sets now??

lol...

but joker... you know this, and i know this... but the average twelve year old who's seeing bb as their first batman experience outside the comics wont...

Joker1237
Well I not to worry if the 12 year old thinks BB is better than BTAS.

I more worry that 12 year old may think THE Batman may be the dominant incarnation of Batman lol.

SpyCspider
ha...wub bout the new Batman animated series? I actually havne't caught one episode of it but I hope the average 12 year old doesn't think THAT's the right incarnation.

Mainstream
come on the new Batman toon isn't that bad...my favorite Batman verisons are Kevin Conroy and Bale.

vaya_the_elf
My favorite would have to be the 90's cartoons

Mainstream
Conroy is the voice of Batman....Bale is like him coming off the comic books..he is to Batman what Jackman is to Wolverine...life given to the character.

Joker1237
Oh it is that BAD. I caught the one were Joker has a ray gun turning people into CARDS. YES CARDS. his main plan was to turn people into playing cards and dump them in a river.

Thats GREAT story writting. Oh yeah and having Catwoman and Batman handcup for a whole show sucks 2, It came out with a few good shows, BUT over ALL the bad, the bad wrtting in MOST of the shows, the bad designs, OUT WEIGHT THE GOOD, I stop watching it, afther the Joker started turning people into cards.

Mainstream
I think the batman is getting better....I hate the card episode too.

pr1983
Originally posted by Joker1237
Well I not to worry if the 12 year old thinks BB is better than BTAS.

I more worry that 12 year old may think THE Batman may be the dominant incarnation of Batman lol.

laughing

Mainstream
so you shall learn of the batman powers...in due time

tpaquin
I like Timm's batman, but i'm also rather fond of Miller's more graphic takes on characters such as Gordon. Frank Miller's Commissioner is both the strongest and most memorable of his characters, and I see Year 1 and TDKR as the best representations of Gordon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.