Was the Prequel Trilogy worth it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Now that it is finished, would you say that it was worth resurrecting the Star Wars series for these three movies? One bad thing is that watching the series in numerical order spoils every major surprise of the OT. However, if you watch the OT first then I guess the PT has proven useful for providing further insight into the old republic, Anakin Skywalker and the old Jedi order. Do you think it was all worth it?

DeVi| D0do
What do you mean 'was it worth it'? It's not like we lost anything out of it...

Perhaps it would be better asking George if it was worth sacrificing another decade of his life to make the prequels...

It is nice to have a backstory, but it isn't neccessary... The prequels are not needed, but they definitely are not 'worthless'.

General Zodiac
George wrote 1,2,and 3 first but did 4,5,and 6 because he thought Star Wars wasn't going to be a big hit and he thought 4,5,and 6 would be better.

pr1983
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
What do you mean 'was it worth it'? It's not like we lost anything out of it...

Perhaps it would be better asking George if it was worth sacrificing another decade of his life to make the prequels...

It is nice to have a backstory, but it isn't neccessary... The prequels are not needed, but they definitely are not 'worthless'.

yeah, i agree...

Originally posted by General Zodiac
George wrote 1,2,and 3 first but did 4,5,and 6 because he thought Star Wars wasn't going to be a big hit and he thought 4,5,and 6 would be better.

he had a general outline, nothing more (if he even had that)...

JKozzy
George wrote 1,2,and 3 first but did 4,5,and 6 because he thought Star Wars wasn't going to be a big hit and he thought 4,5,and 6 would be better. He had the ideas for all of them. He wrote 4 5 and 6 first. He wrote the scripts for 1 2 and 3 in the late 90's, and 2000-2003.

Darth Travizzle
I have nothing to say....

green dude
if you have nothing to say why post ?confused

was it worth it ? stick out tongue yeah i think so would this forum be here ?
i like the PT more than OT but i need to see all of em but i think
it was worth it 100% big grin wink

Darth Travizzle
I have nothing to say about this particular thread. unless you meant just on this thread. if so then I don't know why.

Ast Rofan
Worth it to me, I now have 3 movies that will not spend much time away from my DVD player.

grey fox
not really i personally think the movies should have focused less on normal anakin and more on darth-vader .....actually eliminating the jedi , all he did was kill a few children we should have had a film here Darth has conflicting emotions about killing his Jedi brethren before finally striking them down and scouring the universe for all remaining jedi

vader519
C'mon, it was all worth it. The PT is so much better with ROTS, and it connects to the OT nicely.

Robin Darkside
dont even bother answering this dumb question

let this thread die

PVS
Originally posted by DarkAge
Do you think it was all worth it?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!"

stick out tongue

OB1-adobe

It was 15 page outline. According to GL (wherever this info came from somebody posted, I don't remember where) that everything that happened in TPM and AOTC was about 40% of the orignal back story, while ROTS was about 60% of it.

It was well worth it, and in a lot of ways in the general public it is starting to show. In the eyes of a lot of people Star Wars is cool again. I noticed on Amazon.com that the reviews in the last month for TPM and AOTC have jumped from 3 stars to 3 and a half. That is mainly due to positve reviews flooding in.

They are not that bad!!!!!!!

Ani's Girl
If I had seen TPM first, I don't know that I would have watched the others. I am glad the OT came out first, it made the PT worth watching to answer so many questions. Of all, I have to say I like ROTS best, but I really enjoyed the OT when I was younger.

Darth Travizzle
Ya, well I liked RoTS WAY better than TPM and AoTC

Cipher
All things considered, I would say yes.
Now I know the whole story (even if some of it could've been better).

green dude
Well i like PT a lot better than OT rots deffinetly was the best out of them all. cool

Yeah they should have showned he had gone bad but still had good i him cuz the youngling thing he looks like he's all bad sith. evil face

They should make extended version like LOTR that would ROCK
big time wink

Dose anyone know if they are releasing all six movies on DVD
as pack ? confused

Ani's Girl
Rumor has it that will happen in November. I'm not sure if they will release all six that quickly, but it will happen eventually (I would think)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.