Don't knock about Royal Guards!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirty Vader
When Yoda enters Palpy's office, the two royal guards react like idiots and get knocked against the wall. Everyone in the cinema clapped and it did bring a smile to my face. Nevertheless after a second, I was outraged by the scene.
No-one, no-one should be able to easily dismiss that which is the discreet but nonetheless the coolest and very much respected caracters the way Yoda did. Was anyone else outraged by this? wink
I guess EU and all the other stuff I read about the Royal guard awoke that feeling, but I didn't like it.

Ast Rofan
What did you expect? It was Yoda, they didnt stand a chance.

DeVi| D0do
blink

DarkYoda
If there was one person that could get away with "disrespecting" the guards it was Yoda! big grin

Dirty Vader
Originally posted by DarkYoda
If there was one person that could get away with "disrespecting" the guards it was Yoda! big grin

Indeed

jabbar
Yoda is outrageously powerful, dude. Royal guards don't even stand a chance to an ordinary Jedi Knight!

Yoda is so cool!

Jerico
Its awesome how his guards are standing on the inside letting any schmuck just walk in and bump them off before they even try to react. Hah.
Hell some bozo could open the door and chuck in a hand grenade and they'd be like *gasp!* *explode!*

No ok assuming there was guards outside which we dont see get clobbered its still funny

Jack Daniels
I dont know why that was so cool....the royal guards never do anything anyway....but none the less it was cool

Rif
Yeah, I'm a member of 501st Legion. On Polish premiere RotS I was in my Royal Guard disguise - polishoutpost.com/pliki_pl/galleries/images/starwars013.jpg
Hundreds of photo with fans, midnight show and then scene with Yoda and RG's. Seven hundred people laugh with this. It was for me so embarrassing... Yoda you little creep.
Beside that, Lucas cut some scene's with Guards.

chilled monkey
I thought that was a great scene. The way Yoda throws the Guards aside without even looking at them. He was a (little green) man with a mission!

jango fat
And after that when he throws sid in that chair, that was cool too

muserke
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I thought that was a great scene. The way Yoda throws the Guards aside without even looking at them. He was a (little green) man with a mission!
I didn't had to laugh at all, while everyone else was laughing. I thought it was cool, but not funny. Maybe I just have another sence of humour or something.

jango fat
Yo muserke long time no see
and it was a really funny scene

chilled monkey
Originally posted by jango fat
And after that when he throws sid in that chair, that was cool too

Yeah, that part was GREAT!

Ani's Girl
I laughed at that AND him throwing Sidieous into the chair and it flipping over backwards.

PVS
all i know is a gif animation of that scene would make an ideal "OWNED" shot

Ani's Girl
I have to admit that all five times that I have seen that movie, the higher percentage of people in the theater laughed at Yoda tossing those guards like they were nothing.

ickeris2003
that part is funny but not haha funny.

dflood
your possibly over rating those gaurd coz of eu bull .

in the films they never do anything but stand there

oh and yoda is POWERFUL

Darth_Rankkor
Laughing at that scene is simply ridiculous. If you go like "holy shit" that's one thing because of the power shown. But laughing of it.... just plain lame. Like the f**k*rs behind me that didn't shut up the whole fu**in movie despite the fact that I kept ofending them :P

R2D2-89
i was more outraged by the fact that sideous managed to knock yoda, that was awful

Darth_Rankkor
He got what he deserved. He should have been killed f***in jedi scum MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

General Zodiac
That was very funny. Yoda was so bad@$$ in the movie. Like when the clone tried to shoot him from behind...yeah, right.

General Bondius

((The_Anomaly))
what did you expect. hes the most powerful jedi in the order...

royal guards would get owned by regular jedi, normal people would get owned by regular jedi.

and yoda would own most regular jedi anyways, so...the guards are like a 1 and yoda is like a 700 on a scale of 1 - 10

Darth Travizzle
That scene made me smile. And I like it and blah blah blah. You get the idea.

matreid
Yes, I thought the Royal Gaurds were pretty cool looking, however, they do not look like very good protectors...

p. skywalker
well they shouln't have been in Yoda's way..LOL

Lord Darth Gabe
I`m with you Rankkor, the first time I saw that scene, from my point of view it was just a little display of the force by yoda...a bigger display of the force is yoda pushing the emperor...now that was power

but you now what was real power? Darth Vader stoping Han solo`s shots with his hand, that was unique...

Wickerman
I didn't really give it much thought. It looked cool but hey....the lil' dude can catch a senate pod and toss it back at Sidious....that was hardly an awesome display of power

~wickerman~

Red Superfly
It was funny because you'd have expected something apart from that to happen.

It was funny also because EU hyped these Red Guards up so much as some sort of amazing warriors, and BOOM, down like a sack of sh*t. It was like Lucas flipped the bird in EU's general direction.

Anyone that didn't laugh or at least smile when that happened must be dead inside.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Anyone that didn't laugh or at least smile when that happened must be dead inside.

does an audible "hehehe" count as laughing? Cause otherwise i'm dead inside no expression

~wickerman~

Ani's Girl
Originally posted by Wickerman
does an audible "hehehe" count as laughing? Cause otherwise i'm dead inside no expression

~wickerman~

That's most of what I did (and heard) at the theater. I guess it was more of a chuckle than an out and out laugh. It was pretty unexpected, and a nice display of Yoda's power. I kind of imagined our "little green friend" thinking, "Yea right, now fu** off!" as he tossed 'em.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Wickerman

~wickerman~

No that's what I mean. I meant if you just sat there sulking about how the Royal Guards have been ruined, as opposed to enjoying the comedy value of it all, you must be dead inside. Either that or you are a raving nerd.

I mean I didn't find it hilarious, but I was "belly-laughing".

DeVi| D0do
I chuckled... as did pretty much the enitre audience.

Robin Darkside
yeah, it was funny.

Royal Guards have real boring lives.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
yeah, it was funny.

Royal Guards have real boring lives.
T'was very fun and cool big grin

Yeah The life of a royal guard is like one of three things (job-wise of course, they could be getting their shair of action on their on time)
1) Standing around. Nothing happens which probably make up oh say 80-90 % of the time (I assume there'll always be assasination plots against the emperor where they might get to do something)
2) They're "excused", so people can have meetings, family reunions and fights and throw the emperor down a big 'ol hole (sorry cant remember what that was right now).
3) They're knocked unconcious by a green migdet.

I saw somewhere in a parody:
Royal guards standing. Lightsaber and battle noices.
"It's been a while. Do u think we should go check on him?"
"Nah." big grin

green dude
that was so funny he just put his hand out and WAM!

And yeah the other scene they killing all the Jedi that was kinda funny

they go behind back flip and their gone he's just a cool funny charater

that kickz butt but one thing that makes me laugh he's so short those

guards had no chance everyone always looking down at him and

guards are like "What ? attack" Wham ! no clapped at my theartre they

just laughed for a while but they stopped like a sec after.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
T'was very fun and cool big grin

Yeah The life of a royal guard is like one of three things (job-wise of course, they could be getting their shair of action on their on time)
1) Standing around. Nothing happens which probably make up oh say 80-90 % of the time (I assume there'll always be assasination plots against the emperor where they might get to do something)
2) They're "excused", so people can have meetings, family reunions and fights and throw the emperor down a big 'ol hole (sorry cant remember what that was right now).
3) They're knocked unconcious by a green migdet.

I saw somewhere in a parody:
Royal guards standing. Lightsaber and battle noices.
"It's been a while. Do u think we should go check on him?"
"Nah." big grin

maybe they only work, sry, stand for only an 8 hour shift. Then they can do other things.
Assasination plots, interesting

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
maybe they only work, sry, stand for only an 8 hour shift. Then they can do other things.
Assasination plots, interesting
Ah u mean assination plots BY the guards.... oh... well so did I embarrasment
Not the guards stopping them at all no2. yeah I know I'm great ...king stick out tongue laughing out loud
Can u imagine a royal guard sitting down? Seriously. In a sofa, or a old wooden chair or something. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Robin Darkside
I wonder if the Royal Guards are strong, can kick ass, or anything. Palpatine doesn't need them

Ogami Itto
is it just two of them?? just waiting for an assassination attempt??like, no looking at survielance camaras or anything? just waiting there and if an attack does come, hope thre's less than 3 of them??????

ShadowKing
Everyone laughed...I still would have liked to see them take a role later on like after Yoda fell and lost his lightsaber...entering the chamber with their staff thingies trying to get Yoda..who would have been tired by then. I think as it was said earlier in the thread, Lucas was showing all the EU fans what he thinks of the Royal Guard

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Lord Darth Gabe
I`m with you Rankkor, the first time I saw that scene, from my point of view it was just a little display of the force by yoda...a bigger display of the force is yoda pushing the emperor...now that was power

but you now what was real power? Darth Vader stoping Han solo`s shots with his hand, that was unique...
Umm.... he didn't stop it with his hand. He used Force Push because it went back in Han's direction. But was near hitting him.

Jerico
No doubt when they get sent outside there bloody relieved that they just go and flop down in a deckchair or something and say 'sod it, we'll wait till he calls eh'

The Inkeeper
I cant see a Royal Gurad doing anything other than standing straight and doing nothing.

Imagine one, hailing down a taxi, in full uniform. Sitting on a beach, in full uniform. On a diving board, in full uniform.

ShadowKing
Innkeeper...I thought the RG was supposed to be the top of the line Clone Troopers or human / alien Senate Guards. Wouldn't they have to be to have such a position? They're basically performing the task of like the US Secret Service. Not to say that they are unbeatable but there has to be a reason that they have that position..otherwise drape two statues with red cloth.

mauls_apprentic
i think they give yoda 2 much credit i mean hes like 300 or somthing

Red Superfly
Yes, he DOES go from 300 to 900 in the space of 20 years.

Yoda is therefore, clearly a clone. The real Yoda was Master Sifo-Dyas but died on the battle of some EU war that doesn't matter.

/end n00b theory

((The_Anomaly))
^^ LOL! laughing out loud

hahaha

nice, damn EU

cameron666
I do not like yoda. The guards are coole than he is!

darthsith19
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
When Yoda enters Palpy's office, the two royal guards react like idiots and get knocked against the wall. Everyone in the cinema clapped and it did bring a smile to my face. Nevertheless after a second, I was outraged by the scene.
No-one, no-one should be able to easily dismiss that which is the discreet but nonetheless the coolest and very much respected caracters the way Yoda did. Was anyone else outraged by this? wink
I guess EU and all the other stuff I read about the Royal guard awoke that feeling, but I didn't like it.
Yup, I was the same way. It's very unlikely that he kileld them but to knock them out right through their armor? No, it would have been okay if he had knocked them back and then igniated his saber, spun around once and chopped them in half, maybe one could block the saber and then in another quick move Yoda'd kill him. Then Sidious could zap Yoda from behind, Yoda could turn just in time to see it but not soon enough to block it. The rest would go as it did. This would make everyone happy and it'd give a reason to why yoda didn't block Sidious's lightning in the first place.

Tangible God
It also would have been overkill to Yoda's moves, and that scene was part of the comic relief which was needed to lift the sombre plot of the movie.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by The Inkeeper
Imagine one, hailing down a taxi, in full uniform. Sitting on a beach, in full uniform. On a diving board, in full uniform.

Hmm...here...watch one of them training:

DenKi
Originally posted by Dirty Vader

LETS ME GUESS YOU DRESSED UP AS A RED ROYALE GAURD WHEN U WATCHED IT AND EVERYONE WAS LAUGHINH AT YOU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.