Stuffing Animals do you argee wtih this or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
I do not.I think it is wrong to put a dead animal on display once it been stuffed and goten the meat out of it.What do you think abot this?JM confused

finti
i think we should have stuffed the Pope JP II

botankus
So basically you are saying you're against killing for sport, right?

Jackie, maybe since this is a thread you started, you'll read some of the other people's posts.

joeykangaroo
nah thats evil i dont like stuffing animals sad
im against killing for sport yes

Jackie Malfoy
Yes I am againt killing for sports.I think it is wrong.JM

pr1983
Everytime i think of stuffed animals i think of Rowdy in Scrubs...

So yeah, if thats what you're into...

Jedi_KnightAlly
I'm really into killing for sport. no expression
Especially the really young animals. no expression

PVS
who gives a shit? its dead anyway erm

Bardock42
I think its ok....why shouldn't it....its dead anyways...it won't care anymore......and killing for sports......it'S ok....why shouldn't it....its an animal......I wouldn't care anyways..........

botankus
Why do I get the feeling that Jackie's hamster just died?

Bardock42
Hmm.....maybe she has seen some Stuffed Animals in Biology Class or something......

botankus
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy

That report wouldn't be for Summer School, now would it? Let me guess which subject........English??

PVS
no, its actually her dissertation on internet psychology for her p.h.d.

havent i told you this already? she's scamming us!

botankus
Oh, you're absolutely right. Sorry about that brainfart.

Oh, sh*t! If she's putting the report together it must be for the final thesis.

IceWithin
Originally posted by PVS
who gives a shit? its dead anyway erm Originally posted by Bardock42
I think its ok....why shouldn't it....its dead anyways...it won't care anymore......and killing for sports......it'S ok....why shouldn't it....its an animal......I wouldn't care anyways..........

mesa agrees.

but it is pretty disgusting, not something nice to look at IMO happy

sk8stuff09
coming soon: grandparents forever!

SlipknoT
I Stuffed My Great Aunt! thumb up

debbiejo
I thought about stuffing my cat once.....though I do have dead raccoon tails in the house..

GCG
Its dead no ? Its not cruelty to stuff a dead animal.

Some people stuff their beloved pets after death to keep their memory 'alive'.

Some hunters stuff their victims as trophies.....now what kind of sport is that ? Hunters doing it for fun are a load of bawbags

bilb
Originally posted by pr1983

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Echuu
Originally posted by sk8stuff09
coming soon: grandparents forever!

Good ol' GTA Vice City

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, I see no problem with taxidermy, as long as its not a pointless exercise, like simply stuffing that endangered lion that was just poached from some reserve. However for educational purposes, like museums and such, or even those people who have the family pet stuffed (though I find this a bit freaky) for sentimental reasons I accept.

Heh, and of course there are those historic instances like where a Persian king stuffed the body of a Roman Emperor he had defeated. Ah, good times.

feralboy
well as an animal lover i find it wrong if you going to kill the animal then stuff it . i now know as humans we will alway harm those below us just like an over growen tiger attacking a baby

KidRock
Stuffing animals is hilarious.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, while I think it can have educational, preservative value, I fear I fail to see the funny side. But eh, I guess my sense of humor is above (or below) the humorous styling's of taxidermists.

Although if I was a Persian king I think I know of one person I would have stuffed and mounted on a wall somewhere (somewhere I wouldn't see of course)

DenKi
I think its sick making tests on any animal so matter how big or small the test is.

And the people who do these things to Animals should die

Alpha Centauri
Don't understand the point of it but to be honest it's doing no harm.

The animal is dead when it happens.

-AC

DenKi
oh well if the Animal is Dead then i see no problem at all.

Jackie Malfoy
It is n ot a report I just wanted to know if you guys argeed it with it or not.If you keep insulting me I will close this.jm

Bardock42
Originally posted by feralboy
well as an animal lover i find it wrong if you going to kill the animal then stuff it . i now know as humans we will alway harm those below us just like an over growen tiger attacking a baby

I find it rather offensive that you say Animals are below us...whyt kind of an animal lover are you....let me answer this rhetorical question: A very hypocritical one.....

It is n ot a report I just wanted to know if you guys argeed it with it or not.If you keep insulting me I will close this.jm

No one is insulting you Jackie.......and you can't just close a thread.....

botankus
Easy now, Bardock. Your name's in her sig. One false move and it could be deleted!

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Easy now, Bardock. Your name's in her sig. One false move and it could be deleted!

Oh shit.........you are right........dammit....I want to stay on that list soooooooo much .....stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura
I am for it if only because it allowed me to see the last remaining Dodo, stuffed, in England. It was of course preserved after it had died, and if it hadn't been then there would be no real remains of a species doomed to extinction.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Bardock42
I find it rather offensive that you say Animals are below us...whyt kind of an animal lover are you....let me answer this rhetorical question: A very hypocritical one.....

No one is insulting you Jackie.......and you can't just close a thread.....

I could if I get a mod involved.JM evil face

Red Superfly
It's funny, so therefore it should continue.

Bardock42

Hmm not necessarily since nothing wrong has happened here :congused:

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I am for it if only because it allowed me to see the last remaining Dodo, stuffed, in England. It was of course preserved after it had died, and if it hadn't been then there would be no real remains of a species doomed to extinction.

Yes...Dodos are good......poor Dodos sad

KharmaDog

Press the button that says "report to Moderators".

Imperial_Samura
Yes, a noble bird, unfairly destroyed. If I could clone one creature for the shear heck of it, it would be a dodo.

And wait, why does this thread need to be reported, I thought everyone had been behaving themselves.

Bardock42
Yes, a noble bird, unfairly destroyed. If I could clone one creature for the shear heck of it, it would be a dodo.

And wait, why does this thread need to be reported, I thought everyone had been behaving themselves.
Jackie doesn't like it anymore.....sad

Imperial_Samura
Ah, a terrible predicament, now I understand.

PVS
Originally posted by PVS
no, its actually her dissertation on internet psychology for her p.h.d.

you can have this thread closed, but you'll never erase the truth. wink
good luck with your dissertation by the way, im sure you dont need it though, since you've gathered plenty of data from your studies at kmc. let me know when you graduate, so i can send a card smile

leowyatt
i see nothing wrong with it... if you killed a 12 point buck
or a nice size bass go for it.... my ex-wifes against it
she said the animals spirit can't move on she's a native american indian
so if i killed a deer i brought it home for meat and not a trophy

Sadako of Girth
I wonder what is generally though of Gunther Van Hagens' little habit of stuffing humans with plastic and displaying them....

Imperial_Samura
Interesting, if somewhat macabre, I don't know if I would have seen one of his displays, but still, humans are animals two, why should we be exempt from stuffing...

Wickerman
I have absolutely nothing against taxidermy as a whole. Sure, if i had a dog i wouldn't stuff if after it died and put it on display (like a guy i know did to his cat). As mfor animal testing, if everybody was as "moral" as you are DenKi we'd still be in the dark ages

~wickerman~

Mr Parker
Yes I am againt killing for sports.I think it is wrong.JM

Yes killing for sport is totally wrong.The human race is full of a bunch of savage and mindless people who killing to them,animals or people,is nothing to them though,they see no more wrong in it than us stepping on an ant.But this is a savage and barbaric world we live in.

Bardock42
Ok I will say this and get bashing for it, but who cares they are goddam animals......I mean seriously I personally don't even care if a murder happens somewhere, yes wll a human dead and whatever but it is pretty much the same as with animals, just the punishment is worse....so I personally don't see the fun of killing I don't care if someone does and likes to kill animals for sport (or sick pleasure).

sk8stuff09
if you kill an animal while hunting, and you eat it for food, then i dont have a problem

if you kill an animal for no reason and dont eat it and just stuff it as a trophy, thats wrong.

PVS
Ok I will say this and get bashing for it, but who cares they are goddam animals......I mean seriously I personally don't even care if a murder happens somewhere, yes wll a human dead and whatever but it is pretty much the same as with animals, just the punishment is worse....so I personally don't see the fun of killing I don't care if someone does and likes to kill animals for sport (or sick pleasure).

you should care if someone is killing animals for sick pleasure.
such behavior often leads to the same people torturing and/or killing
people.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
people.

Well that'S what I am saying....same difference.....it doesn
't really bother me out of compassion...it bothers me because it could happen to me too.......

So I don't really care if someone kills/tortures an animal, i don't feel the urge to do so
And I don't really care if someone kills/torture a person (except if I like the people), I also don'T fell like doing it but whatever.

Now the thing is why I dthink it shouldn't be allowed to torture anumals is exactly what you said....if someone does that he could be a harm to humans, and with that a harm tio me...and I prefer not to get tortured......

Capt_Fantastic
I'm having a harder time dealing with the fact that everyone is taking the question seriously at all.

Bardock42
Well actually, on one side it kiond of hit something I like to talk aboot so I did talk aboot that.....and see how I got it from Stuffing to torturing.......stick out tongue

Mr Parker
Originally posted by PVS
people.

Yeah exactly.He would change his mind about it if someone tortured him.Killing animals just for a trophy is just plain wrong.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah exactly.He would change his mind about it if someone tortured him.Killing animals just for a trophy is just plain wrong.

No its not...its not wrong in any Moral sense, since their is none....and I wouldn't change my mind if i was tortured either.... they get punished for it so we (humans) are more safe, but its not realy wrong....

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I'm having a harder time dealing with the fact that everyone is taking the question seriously at all.

Amen, stand back, look at the question, shake your head, move on.

nemo
Originally posted by pr1983

I think about the Janitor's squirrels. and the deer in some episode.

Mr Parker
No its not...its not wrong in any Moral sense, since their is none....and I wouldn't change my mind if i was tortured either.... they get punished for it so we (humans) are more safe, but its not realy wrong....

thats the same way the nazis felt about people.makes me wonder if you were rasied by nazis because a life if its not your own,seems to mean nothing to you.killing an animal for food is one thing,doing it for sport is just plain wrong something you obviously wont understand though because of they way you have been poorly raised obviously.

yerssot
Hmmm, I see no problem with taxidermy, as long as its not a pointless exercise, like simply stuffing that endangered lion that was just poached from some reserve. However for educational purposes, like museums and such, or even those people who have the family pet stuffed (though I find this a bit freaky) for sentimental reasons I accept.

my idea too.
I love stuffed animals, with the exception of course if they are not poached or shot just for stuffing them.

DarkCrawler
Animals kill eachother...humans are animals...we have better ways of killing animals the animals have...

Strongest survive.

Animal is dead, stuff it, eat it, I don't care.

Imperial_Samura
And then of course their is the conundrum of just stuffed animals, like teddy bears and the like. And that I am morally opposed to. Well, not really hehe.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr Parker
thats the same way the nazis felt about people.makes me wonder if you were rasied by nazis because a life if its not your own,seems to mean nothing to you.killing an animal for food is one thing,doing it for sport is just plain wrong something you obviously wont understand though because of they way you have been poorly raised obviously.

haha you are funny...calling someone "Raised by Nazis" doesn't make you right in an arguement...you know that?

Anyways how is killing for sport wrong? There is no moral that forbids it, since there are no morals......if you want to kill an animal, torture an animal whatever I don't care (you will have to life with the consequenzes though because our society doesn't want that to hapen ....for selfish reasons but that is a whole different matter). Even if you kill someone I don't know I don't care at all, why should I its some person I don't know it doesn't affect me a bit (if I can be sure you won't do that to me or someone I care for) .... agaien society in general punishs people that kill others because the people in society don't want to be killed and therefore don't want people around that could kill them....but morally there is nothing wrong with it (if you define morals as aomething above human values as something ultimatively true, if you say morals are what society labels as morals thats a different thing....)

jaden101
taxidermy is now proving useful in the fact that many species which have become extinct now only have obtainable DNA through taxidermy collections and any chance of reintroducing these species in the future with use of advance biotechnology techniques will rely on the old art of taxidermy as the place to obtain the DNA needed

so i totally agree with taxidermy as it was used historically...

i dont think it is reall all that neccessary in a scientific sense nowadays as there are many other ways to store records of species

SlipknoT
Originally posted by KidRock
Stuffing animals is hilarious. laughing You've said some dumb things But This has to be at the top of the list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.