Sage in the Female Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Sage goes up against these opponents how far does the cyberpath get. She has data on all of them, is revived after each battle and gets two hours prep before each.

1.Jubilee
2.Catwoman
3.Mystique
4.Shadowcat
5.Batgirl
6.Nocturne
7.Domino
8.Elektra
9.Psylocke
10.Lady Shiva
11.Black Widow
12.Spider-Woman
13.Marvel Girl (NB retro Jean)
14.Hawkgirl
15.Raven
16.Polaris
17.Rogue
18.Storm
19.Namorita
20.Supergirl

(PS dunno if I got the order quite right)

stormfront13
she probably gets to psylock but she can beat people after psylock

willRules
Thats quite a cool line up

Superherovandal
what is Sage's power?

8bitChris
She has limited telepathy and her brain processes thought like a computer. Sage = awesome at multi-tasking. She is able to retain an extreme amount of information and has a photogenic memory. Apparently, she can also jump start latent mutant abilities.

Sage is a well-trained martial artist and can be very lethal if she wanted to.

xmarksthespot
Her powers:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=101

marrow1
Her mind and body also move as one, and she can predict an opponents weak points

stormfront13
Sage, or Tessa, originally had no explict super-powers. It wouldn't be for nearly 200 issues after her first appearance that she was even specifically stated to be a mutant. Since then, she has demonstrated a number of different powers.

Tessa is a living computer with an enormous capacity for absorbing, storing, and retrieving information. She has a photographic memory, kinetic memory, and total recall -- she perfectly remembers everything she has ever seen or heard, and can exactly duplicate any physical movement or action she has seen done before (within the physical limits of her human body). Tessa can analyze body language in order to predict what an opponent's next move will be, allowing her to anticipate and counter attacks in combat almost instinctively. Her computer-like mind enables her to analyze situations and conceive of highly elaborate and efficient battle plans and strategies.

Tessa's capacity for analysis extends to the genetic level -- she is capable of visually probing living beings and determining what if any genetically-enhanced attributes they possess. She can not only detect mutants and latent mutants, her analyses also enable her to determine the mutant's full range of potential and possible capabilities. Using her jumpstart power, Sage is capable of activating any potential capability in a mutant's genes -- she can temporarily increase power levels, boost a mutant's control and finesse with their powers, and even cause latent mutants' abilities to permanently rise to the surface.

Sage was also a telepath, possessing the full range of standard TP abilities. She could read the minds of people in her vicinity, and arrange communication between herself and other people psionically. Tessa could create illusions to disguise or alter the environment, take full mental control over another person's thoughts and actions, and project her astral form in order to explore the psychic plane. After encountering the dangerous mutant telepath known as Elias Bogan, however, Tessa was "marked" by him and in order to escape his psychic touch she caused her telepathic powers to fold in on themselves. This effectively disabled any active telepathy by her, but it had the bonus of rendering her phenomenally resistant to psychic detection and probing. Sage's mind now emits a reflective effect that turns other psychic's abilities against them if they try to attack her. Thus, a psychic blast will mirror off of Tessa's mind and strike her attacker, or an attempt at mind control will end up allowing Tessa to control her opponent's mind instead

xmarksthespot
In other words Sage rules.
An oversight on my part is that I put X-Men on the list and Sage knows the Xavier Protocols, so she'd most likely defeat them.

8bitChris
stormfront, if you are going to quote something that long you should at least give credit to its source. Or at the very least, put quotations marks.

DarkCrawler
I think it is from Monoliths Power Descriptions...that guy knows everything about powers:

http://p089.ezboard.com/fuxnfrm15.showMessage?topicID=821.topic

Seriously, he wrote all that himself...

chilled monkey
Sag would go VERY far. She reminds me of General Grievous; a computer's processing capability, plus the ability to think creatively. Hyper-kinetic reflexes, well-developed fighting skills, able to learn and adapt VERY quick AND psychic defence- a very powerful combination.

Superherovandal
She might get to Storm. But then she loses.

willRules
I reckon that she might get to Spiderwoman but will probably be having her butt handed to her. Im assuming your on about the Jessica Drew Spiderwoman from new avengers?

BENITO
Psylockes the First challenge she'll get to her easy but If she wins she'll be to hurt to fight anyone else.

stormfront13
i was going to give credit but when i went back to edit it said that to do it i would have to ask permission from the moderators

xmarksthespot
Ppl b!tch that there's only Wolverine threads. I post this and I only get 15 bloody replies. big grin

Piedmon
I would give my opinion, but I have to admit I've only read a handful of issues with Sage, and I've never seen her take on anything other then stock heavies. So I couldn't begin to guess at her ability.

Piedmon
And for the record, I like Jubilee.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Piedmon
And for the record, I like Jubilee. Not enough people do.

xmarksthespot
I think animated series Jubilee puts ppl off her, animated series Jubes was kinda annoying.

Creshosk
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I think animated series Jubilee puts ppl off her, animated series Jubes was kinda annoying. That's kinda sad. . . It'd sorta be like hating a 616 character for something that happened in a non-616 world.

stormfront13
well i think that if she stopped being a teenager when in reality she should be like 25 or something, people would like her more. she doesn't even realize how much potential she has. xavier is afraid she will someday realize what she bcan do. he even told everyone that has ever taught jubilee on her powers that they should never even let junilee realize how powerful she is.

xmarksthespot
That's true she should be way older. How old is Franklin Richards now cos little Julie Power from Powerpack is all grown up and quite the hottie. Which is kind of creepy actually. She's Marvel's Alyssa Milano (cept I never saw Who's the Boss (b4 my time) so it's alright with Alyssa.)
Back to topic.
Well she creates plasmoids of energy so I spose if that was fully realised yeh she would be powerful but current Jubes goes down to Sage I have to say. I still haven't decided how far she gets down my list.

stormfront13
yeah, jubilee doesn't stand a chance against sage

Metalmanx
I actually like Jubilee myself as well. She's actually a lot more powerful than people give her credit for, even right now. At the moment, her powers allow her to freakin SHATTER STEEL with her explosive energy blasts. Hell, I'd say that's pretty good, and she still has SO much potential to become even greater.

On to Sage...hm...

I REALLY want her to make it to Psylocke, but...I just can't seem to figure out how she will beat Shadowcat. I know a lot about Sage, and I know even more about Shadowcat. And my knowledge and instincts tells me that Shadowcat would beat her.

However, if somehow Sage were to win against her, I would say that Sage would make it up to Pslyocke and lose. Good run up to her though.

(There you go, XMarks wink )

xmarksthespot
Ah but Sage knows the Xavier Protocols, so she should technically be able to defeat any X-Man given enough prep but is 2 hours prep enough?

Metalmanx
You really think she should be able to beat any X-men with prep? You think she can beat oh...I dunno...Colossus? With prep? How about Storm? Nightcrawler? Just to name a few. I don't see how even prep can help her with them.

xmarksthespot
I'd say that although Sage is no precognitive, with the data stored previously in her cyberpathic mind she can anticipate Nightcrawler's movements. I don't know the actual Xavier Protocols so I don't know what he actually cooked up.

Against non-telepaths she could potentially let down her mental shields that protect and reflect psi attacks for the fight. She only lacks active telepathic powers because all of it goes into her impenetrable shields if I recall. That's probably how she'd take down Colossus. Storm is a toughie I'll have to get back to you on her as if they don't fight in an enclosed space Storm's flight simply brings her out of reach, and she holds out well against telepathic attack. (Dunno if she could maintain flight while being psiblasted.)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
xavier is afraid she will someday realize what she bcan do. he even told everyone that has ever taught jubilee on her powers that they should never even let junilee realize how powerful she is.

And still she lets Jean, Iceman, Storm, Rachel, Cable, X-Man and nearly any other X-Men nowadays to walk around on institute without having guns aimed at them?

That sneaky bastard.

So let's see...all the X-Men can be uber-gods, but Jubilee can't.

Does Xavier resent her? (I don't blame him...I resent her too...but still...)

Piedmon
The Xavier Protocols may require certain implements, such as, perhaps, a sonic cannon for Shadowcat? In that case, it depends on whether or not Sage has access to the proper tools.

xmarksthespot
Which is why I gave her the finite prep time of 2 hours. Hmm... let's say she has access to tech at the Xavier Institute.

BENITO
Originally posted by Piedmon
And for the record, I like Jubilee. I do as well she amuses me she adds humour to dark situations

DarkCrawler
Sure, she amuses me too...especially on that time when she was crucified.

Cosmic Flame
And how does Sage know the protocols again?

xmarksthespot
Actually I think I just made that assumption now that I think about it smile I really can't think of any evidence to back that up. lol

GalacticStorm
I'd say that although Sage is no precognitive, with the data stored previously in her cyberpathic mind she can anticipate Nightcrawler's movements. I don't know the actual Xavier Protocols so I don't know what he actually cooked up.

Against non-telepaths she could potentially let down her mental shields that protect and reflect psi attacks for the fight. She only lacks active telepathic powers because all of it goes into her impenetrable shields if I recall. That's probably how she'd take down Colossus. Storm is a toughie I'll have to get back to you on her as if they don't fight in an enclosed space Storm's flight simply brings her out of reach, and she holds out well against telepathic attack. (Dunno if she could maintain flight while being psiblasted.)

Nah she lost the brunt of her telepathic powers due to her battle with elias bogan. Her powers were sacrificed in order for her to be free of his influence

GalacticStorm
She just has strong mental defenses available to her as a remainder of her original powers

xmarksthespot
Oh ok. Thx for the clarification. I got that from someone else posting she had potential active psionic powers.

long pig
What were the Xavier protocals? I only remember one where it shows how to K.O wolverine. Something about a sharp object between his neck bones to sever his spine. If I remember right, Sabretooth shot wolverine with a sniper rifle there before and k.o'd him. Did he have access to the information or something?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Creshosk
Not enough people do.

too many. sad no

xmarksthespot
I figure Sage could probably come up with her own protocols and that they'd probably be better than Xavier's laughing out loud

Kitty's is probably her vulnerability to adamantium. (Which I think they just put in so that she a) has at least one vulnerabilty like giving Superman a vulnerability to kryptonite and b) has a vulnerabilty specific to Wolverine.)

DarkCrawler
Most likely (b.

xmarksthespot
bump

Cos I want 50 replies laughing out loud

I'll play devil's advocate and say she kills them all. big grin

Cosmic Flame
The Xavier Protocols were a record Professor X kept of how to disable any and all X-Men (supposedly), including himself. They made their first appearance during Onslaught, I think.

BTW, what Psylocke are we talking about-TP or TK?

xmarksthespot
TP Psylocke.
With Sage's analytical capabilities of data shouldn't she be able to come up with better Protocols than Prof X?
Was the "folding in" of her TP powers to protect against Elias Bogan a one-off and irreversible thing?

Cosmic Flame
TP Psylocke.
With Sage's analytical capabilities of data shouldn't she be able to come up with better Protocols than Prof X?
Was the "folding in" of her TP powers to protect against Elias Bogan a one-off and irreversible thing?

I don't think so. Sage's analysis is usually based on information on hand. She has only limited experience with the X-Men, whereas Xavier knows them inside and out.

BTW, Sage's mind isn't totally impenetrable. Remember when she and Bishop went to the mansion and the students took them for a ride?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
I don't think so. Sage's analysis is usually based on information on hand. She has only limited experience with the X-Men, whereas Xavier knows them inside and out.

She's had access to Cerebra though, and any information that she's ever come across is technically information on hand because of her limitless capacity and instant recall.

Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
BTW, Sage's mind isn't totally impenetrable. Remember when she and Bishop went to the mansion and the students took them for a ride?

Hey that's true. She can block Bogan who manages to take over Rachel Summers but not a bunch of kids? What the f**k?

Metalmanx
No offense, Xmarks, but I think you're giving Sage just a liiittle too much credit. Don't get me wrong, I like Sage and think she is REALLY powerful, but just the knowledge of how to defeat everyone is different than actually being able to perform these feats.

Sage's telepathy is gone because of Bogan, so Colossus or anything other super-strength-oriented character would have no problem with her.

Unless you are a telepath or a psychic, there is NO WAY to predict where Nightcrawler will teleport to. He is always (Unless he chooses not to be) completely random with his ports in order to confuse his opponent.

And I still don't see how Sage would beat Shadowcat. (Shadowcat has NO problem with Adamantium.)

xmarksthespot
lol I know I'm prolly giving her too much credit.

I asked about whether the folding in of her powers to block Bogan was a permanent and one-off thing but didn't get a conclusive answer. I'm guessing that it is? So yeh she's not likely to take down super-strengths.

Everyone keeps saying Shadowcat does have an adamantium weakness. (if she does its so just an arbitrary weakness designed to make her vulnerable to Wolverine.)

Metalmanx
She has fought Wolverine before, when she was under mind control. She was easily able to phase through Wolvie. So unless that comic lied to me, she has no problem phasing through Adamantium, dense or not.

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud I know but apparently it hurts her now *cough*crappy plot device*cough*

stormfront13
yeah, x-23 phased through her, and kitty almost fainted saying that adamantium is too dense for her to phase through. maybe it was bone-claw wolverine in the comic

Metalmanx
Not the one I'm thinking of. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, really. I believe that that did happen, but I also know what happened with Wolverine. Adamantium-clawed Wolverine at that.

I dunno, must be something they did to her later in life so she wouldn't be able to defeat Wolverine or something. Can't have a girl be able to beat the Almighty Wolverine ya know.

stormfront13
yeah

bitca730
I think that if she gets through Psylocke, then she makes it to Black Widow... everyone else is capable of long distance, ranged, raw power attacks...

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Sure, she amuses me too...especially on that time when she was crucified.

What the heck? When did that happen?

Metalmanx
Jubilee takes her out. And I'm being serious.

Jubes is severely underrated around here. She could just let out one giant blast of energy and take otu Sage. And Jubes is no slouch in the martial arts department either. Though really, it won't even come to that. Jubilee can definitely take out Sage.

phase
How does sage beat shadowcat, coz when phased telepathy has a weaker effect, so sage cnt do much to hurt kitty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.