could "GOD" have put dinosaur bones upon our earth, to test our faith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRINCE XIZOR
unlikely but i like people looking at my posts

Atlantis001
maybe its our wits that is being tested here

BackFire
Dinosaurs made up the idea of God to test our faith.

debbiejo
Originally posted by BackFire
Dinosaurs made up the idea of God to test our faith. laughing

KharmaDog
I remember talking to Lewis Black after one of his concerts where he riffed about this very subject. Once we started talking it was both funny and scarey when we acknowledged that we both know people who believe that God put fossils in the ground to test our faith or that the Devil put fossils in the ground to lead us away from god.

Atlantis001
I never realized that ppl could be blind enough to believe this.

"Do not underestimate the power of ignorance."

Shakyamunison
There are no dinosaurs; they are all great heroes and Cyclopes (ha, ha).

hotsauce6548
Oh yeah, I forgot. There was only that giant Cyclops and some old dead heroes. Maybe we found the fossils of the Cyclops?! eek!

Nah!!!! stick out tongue

mr.smiley
This might be the dumbest thing i've ever herd.

debbiejo
As in a herd of dinosaurs????? ^^

Capt_Fantastic
Firstly, the supposed skull of the cyclops was an elephant.

Secondly, Dinosaurs are much more interesting than god.

Darthburgerking
... dinosaur skeletons are a test... that is such Bull shi* it actually makes my head hurt...

el_barto

Fishy

Bardock42
Please don't get this wrong, but......

Could "GOD" have put the Relgion Forum upon our KMC, to test our Intelligence?

Fishy
Probably.... It seems like a joke for somebody like him

Oswald Kenobi
Could it be possible that God created the dinosaurs and then he created man? I don't understand why dinosaurs can't fit in with the whole Bible story thing. I guess too many people take that whole "in seven days" thing a little too literally.

Fishy
Everything seen in the bible is taken to literally by a lot of people.

markie
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There are no dinosaurs; they are all great heroes and Cyclopes (ha, ha). According to the koran Adam was 90 feet tall so the dinosaurs were really his pets. Quran says he was 60 cubits which is 90 feet. wink

mr.smiley
Originally posted by debbiejo
As in a herd of dinosaurs????? ^^

Yeah!

Who would belive in Dinosaurs? (acting sarcastic) laughing

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PRINCE XIZOR

That sounds like a theory. I bet god sat up there and said ''I know! I'll confuse everyone by sending some random bones on the earth to test faith. Theres nothing like the 'element of suprise!!''

Right.

finti
no it wasnt random bones it was politicians

fruits
i doubt it. its not all about us ya know. lol.

debbiejo
Originally posted by fruits
i doubt it. its not all about us ya know. lol.

And why not, it should be. We're the creation!

Imlistening
not a very good creation, j/k, i mean he could have created a planet or something instead of wasting matter on some of the usless beings on the planet.

Imperial_Samura
It's a pretty nasty trick if he did, I mean, there is very little doubt that dinosaurs existed. It seems odd he would test faith by putting something on earth that cannot be disproved, but apparently wanting us to disprove it. What logic is there behind it? None as far as I can see. Still, if I was God the dinosaurs wouldn't have died out in the first place. It would be like Dinotopia.... *cue what if sequence.

fruits
i think they existed. i mean we have proof considering aligators evolved from dinosaurs and now they think that birds also evolved from the dinos.

el_barto
But just think people 100 years ago thought that dinosaurs didnt exist that they had just found a large elephant or something. In 100 years people will go "did you know people actually believed in atoms and protons, how silly is that" like what we think of older theories. It's just whats hip with the times.

Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, but generally such views change as new knowledge comes to light, people didn't believe in dinosaurs because they didn't have the right level of knowledge to do so, but when that came it was relatively certain, and it is unlikely people will change their views on what dinosaurs were, there is to much evidence they existed.

And certain people have thought about atoms since the times of ancient Greece, one of the more constant scientific theories, but yes, views of them have changed due to the increase of knowledge, understanding. Still, I don't think we will ever stop believing they exist.

el_barto
I'm not saying that, its just that views change with whats going on at the time, it happens everywhere. People change their views because all of a sudden some rock-star says something or a very powerful political power decreed something,it just happens.

finti
only the feeble minded

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, but generally such views change as new knowledge comes to light, people didn't believe in dinosaurs because they didn't have the right level of knowledge to do so, but when that came it was relatively certain, and it is unlikely people will change their views on what dinosaurs were, there is to much evidence they existed.

And certain people have thought about atoms since the times of ancient Greece, one of the more constant scientific theories, but yes, views of them have changed due to the increase of knowledge, understanding. Still, I don't think we will ever stop believing they exist.

I think the more we discover with science the more our views will change about what god is...Though many Christians that I know..think it's a conspiracy against their belief sent my the devil....really..

el_barto
Originally posted by finti
only the feeble minded

The feeble minded are the majority though.

debbiejo
Originally posted by el_barto
The feeble minded are the majority though.

feeble = simple...

non educated and don't care.....small box living quarters.

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo
I think the more we discover with science the more our views will change about what god is...Though many Christians that I know..think it's a conspiracy against their belief sent my the devil....really.. I never could understand how science could contradict religion.

vicki horvath
please refer to Job 40;15 and 41;134.

Mr. Charlie
Moot point, There is no god(s).

vicki horvath
If there is no God, How did all of us and the miraculous things come about, I guess we do not really exist but are our own imagination, that makes about as much since as ther being no Supreme Being! We are not really here!

debbiejo
Well vicki.....I can't see you and I BELIEVE YOUR THERE.

finti
yeah cause there being a supreme being makes a whole lot of sense roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

JediMusician
I have a solution. Let's do what everyone else does when there's a religious disagreement, let's have a holy war!
C'mon, it'll be fun;
We'll get all the people who think dinosaur fossils are a test of faith on one side, and all the people who believe dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago on the other side.
They'll all kill each other, and then the problem will be solved.

cking
what are you saying?

debbiejo
Originally posted by vicki horvath
please refer to Job 40;15 and 41;134.

I believe there were dinosaurs.....also all through out history there are many writing about dragons....maybe they were all annihilated also....There's been so much written about them in many cultures.

cking
yep, there many creatures billions of years before the dinosaurs that we don't know about.

majjacet
god put dinasuars on the earth

majjacet
not just bones

Majora's Mask
God created dinosaurs along with the other creatures of the world during the week. When Noah built his ark and put two of every animal inside, he did not bring in any dinosaurs, so they died in the flood, which could be why lots of dinosaur bones have been found in sedimentary rock (rock deposited by water) (Just a theory).

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Majora's Mask
God created dinosaurs along with the other creatures of the world during the week. When Noah built his ark and put two of every animal inside, he did not bring in any dinosaurs, so they died in the flood, which could be why lots of dinosaur bones have been found in sedimentary rock (rock deposited by water) (Just a theory).

So Noah was at least 65 million years ago?

Majora's Mask
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So Noah was at least 65 million years ago?

No.

finti
the size of the arkas stated in the bible aint big enough to room two of every animal, and some animals are only found in remote areas of the world far far away from around the muiddle east.............and what of the amphibious dinosaurs

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Majora's Mask
No.

Then you must be wrong. Do you disagree?

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by PRINCE XIZOR

1. Haha

2. Dinosaurs existed alright, but not BILLIONS OF MILLIONS of years ago! The position they were in was more likely to have tested our faith.

debbiejo
In the Bible, it say two of each kind of animal, but in another place is say 7 clean animals and so many unclean.....that would make it even more animals.

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by finti
the size of the arkas stated in the bible aint big enough to room two of every animal, and some animals are only found in remote areas of the world far far away from around the muiddle east.............and what of the amphibious dinosaurs

1. I don't remember it stating thesize of the Ark in the Bible confused

2. The world was one large super continent, as stated in the Bible and Science.

3. How'd you think the Amphibious died out?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
1. Haha

2. Dinosaurs existed alright, but not BILLIONS OF MILLIONS of years ago! The position they were in was more likely to have tested our faith.

Carbon has a set decay rate.

finti
And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
-Genesis 6-15

not the polar areas

dont know, some of their relatives lives today

The big EH
wat do you think about dinosour fossils

DigiMark007
Religion?

...about the only religious place you could take this discussion is radio-carbon dating as a way to debunk Creationism.

Other than that, "wat do you think about dinos" isn't religious, nor is it discussion-provoking in general.

Healing Artisan
putting dino's aside, radiometric dating is the key to figuring out the age of a fossil by understanding the certain carbonaceous substances present.

not sure why it's in the religion forum.

King Kandy
This thread fails horribly.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
My tourney team fails horribly.

Fixed.

wink

Mark Question
Still waiting for a dragon fossil.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mark Question
Still waiting for a dragon fossil. STUPID.

Dragons burn all away when they die. Everyone knows that.

Barker
raptor jesus, lol

Mark Question
Originally posted by Bardock42
STUPID.

Dragons burn all away when they die. Everyone knows that.

Well...i can always hope for unicorn fossils.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mark Question
Well...i can always hope for unicorn fossils. Unicorns transform into balls of light. JESUS, do you know nothing?

Mark Question
Unicorns transform into balls of light. JESUS, do you know nothing?

You said balls.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The big EH
wat do you think about dinosour fossils

The Earth is very old.

The big EH
why is it that really religious kids are always total LotR nerds and into transformers and star wars (not dissing the transformers or Warsnerd)

Nellinator
LOTR was written with Christian themes and so it is very popular amongst Christian children.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nellinator
LOTR was written with Christian themes and so it is very popular amongst Christian children.

HARRY POTTER IS A WARLOCK, AND HAD HE BEEN IN THE BIBLE HE WOULD HAVE SURELY BEEN PUT TO DEATH!!!

leonheartmm
not really. dumbledore>god. therefore harry potter wins.

King Kandy
Originally posted by leonheartmm
not really. dumbledore>god. therefore harry potter wins.
Yeah, I mean Elder Wand can't be beaten! Not even by God! I think...

Nellinator
HARRY POTTER IS A WARLOCK, AND HAD HE BEEN IN THE BIBLE HE WOULD HAVE SURELY BEEN PUT TO DEATH!!! Harry is resourceful enough that we likely would have found a way out.

Bicnarok

Bentley
I actually heard a beautiful philosophical argument that married the idea of creationism with the fossils making it a good solution to scientists and religious believers that just weren't funny for any of them. I hate the fact I cannot remember the philosopher, I saw it in a Borges book, but the idea was the following:

The universe its a closed system and as such it repeats cycles eternally once after the other, that way we get the illusion of time and we get rid of the annoying creation start-point -until here this is no flattering philosophy, I'll cut to the juicy part. God is an external element, and as such it can affect history at any given point, making the whole cycle shapeshift in order to accept the changes given by the external force. You see, the cycle changes whole when its affected, past and present. Lets say that God's intervention in the cycle was during one jew-day -which is kind of the point of building a theory that marries creationism with evolution-, and that he intervened six times, heavily mutating the universe during each one. At the end, the universe shifted again, and for the external viewer -God- only six days of in-universe time has passed, but the entire universal cycle shifted. This way, the past of the universe seems to have existed even if it never did, we get fossils of animals that never actually lived because creation existed no long after the first human showing up on earth, the rest being just the universe settling down.

And thus this not popular yet charming theory explain a possible beginning for the universe as we know it.

leonheartmm
if god did sumthing like that, he wud simply be a deceiver.

Bentley
Hence the impopularity of the theory. People just did not like that God would mislead people like that. At the same time, people assume that there is such thing as fair game and by judging God they expect them to act on how they would. I mean, judging God by our standards its kind of a silly thing to do.

FoxMeister
If God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him mmm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FoxMeister
If God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him mmm

Nice twist. big grin

Jbill311
Originally posted by The big EH
why is it that really religious kids are always total LotR nerds and into transformers and star wars (not dissing the transformers or Warsnerd)

Not all LotR nerds are religious--- and I defy you to name the true identity of master sifodias..... or the name of Legolas's father-- or where casper the holy ghost lives...

Darth Macabre
Not unless he put all previous animals that Dinosaurs evovled from on Earth, too.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Not unless he put all previous animals that Dinosaurs evovled from on Earth, too.

It would have to have been an elaborate deception.

lil bitchiness
Evidently God put dinosaurs on earth to have people open stupid threads on the internet in attempt to look remotely philosophical/smart about it.

inimalist
the thread title is could, not did...

thus I have to say yes, an omnipotent being could create dinosaur bones to test our faith...

However, one would have to question the rational of a supreme being, who created man to sing its praises, making a universe in which, the more it is investigated, the less likely it appears said supreme being exists...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.