Obi-Wan during choking scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
How could Obi-Wan just stand there and let Padme get choked by Anakin? he could have at least done something but he stared and watched padme faint? he could have done something to stop anakin from hurting padme. maybe attack him during that time when he was concentrating on killing padme

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Dark Thor
How could Obi-Wan just stand there and let Padme get choked by Anakin? he could have at least done something but he stared and watched padme faint? he could have done something to stop anakin from hurting padme. maybe attack him during that time when he was concentrating on killing padme

Anakin would have been paying attention to Obi-Wan as well. He was probably hoping for Obi-Wan to do something.

If Obi-Wan attacked, then Anakin would probably have hurt Padme even more than he did, this truly killing her and not having her die by giving up the will to live.

General Bondius
He hated her and let her die.jajajajajajajaja

Dark Thor
he could have at least saber threw his lightsaber at anakin while waiting rather than letting padme die

Ken Kenobi
he could have at least saber threw his lightsaber at anakin while waiting rather than letting padme die

Oh yes, and risk Anakin using the Force to push the lightsaber away, thus leaving Obi-Wan unarmed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dark Thor
he should have force pushed anakin into the lava while anakin was concentrating on padme

Ken Kenobi
he should have force pushed anakin into the lava while anakin was concentrating on padme

That is a better idea, but still Anakin could probably counter that. He didn't have his full attention on Padme, I'm sure, even in a rage I can concentrate on multiple things.

Dark Thor
yea but im just amazed at how he stood there staring at an innocent person getting killed. It seemed as though obi didnt care whether padme died or not

DeVi| D0do
That's what I thought when I was watching the scene...

jimmy986
well he didnt exactly stand there. he did tell him to let her go. its no different than when a bank robber has a hostage. do the police charge or open fire?no. they dont know what the guy is going to do. if obi wan had attacked anakin could have thrown padme inadvertantly into the lava or who knows what else.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by jimmy986
well he didnt exactly stand there. he did tell him to let her go. its no different than when a bank robber has a hostage. do the police charge or open fire?no. they dont know what the guy is going to do. if obi wan had attacked anakin could have thrown padme inadvertantly into the lava or who knows what else.

yes

p. skywalker
You have to also realize that Obi knew Anakin was in a fit of rage, and Obi knew that anakin had loved her since he was nine.. Obi knew just by saying let her go Anakin would realize he was hurting /killing Padme. And would in turn Let her go! I mean hell next few words wre You turned her against me. You will not take her from me!.. He knew he couldn't fully go through with it.

matreid
He did do something. He tried to stop Anakin verbally. Stupid idea on his part...

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by p. skywalker
You have to also realize that Obi knew Anakin was in a fit of rage, and Obi knew that anakin had loved her since he was nine.. Obi knew just by saying let her go Anakin would realize he was hurting /killing Padme. And would in turn Let her go! I mean hell next few words wre You turned her against me. You will not take her from me!.. He knew he couldn't fully go through with it.
I agree...... mostly

Ast Rofan
If it had continued Obi-Wan may have stepped in, but just like Anakin, Obi could feel that she was still alive. Neither one expected her to die, but if Anakin held on much longer I believe Obi would have interfered.

DenKi
I always feel raged when i see that Scene, i cant stand Obiwan just watching Her being choked. I like the Kinda Father and Son Bond Obi and Anakin had in that Scene.

Like When Obiwan was saying "Let Her Go Anakin" Its wha and sounded like father would say to him Son. Then Ovcourse Anakin Listened.

Red Superfly
God hates Padme and so he tied Obi-Wan's shoelaces together.

Robin Darkside
Obiwan knew Anakin wasnt going to kill her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.