So, I May Be Working at CD Warehouse...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Yep.

I submitted an app to CD Warehouse here in Blaine, MN aboot a week ago. Got it, filled it out in my car, returned it, called Anthony (manager) 2 days later, and he had me come in this afternoon.

We went to Starbucks and got coffee drinks, shot the shit, and had the most informal interview I've ever experienced. He said he thought I was laid back, made mention of KMC, was impressed, and said he'd call me back b/c he wants his DM (District Manager) to sit in on the 2nd interview. ( eek! )

For those of you that don't know, CD Warehouse is a big-time used CD/DVD store, and Anthony told me it's veeeery hard to get a job there, because they like to have experienced/knowledgible people workin' there, so I guess he was impressed by me?!

Anywho, I'm really excited, and wanted to share the good news with you guys. Well, wish me luck!

dark1365
Good luck, Cody.

Is it Cody? I can never remember.

Tell Mrs. Cinema hi, from some random kid from the internet. yes

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by dark1365
Good luck, Cody.

Tell Mrs. Cinema hi, from some random kid from the internet. yes laughing out loud

dark1365
What is so funny?

jaden101
hope you get it cin...i can already see you running through the store screaming at some average joe "DONT BUY THAT...IT'S F*CKING SH1T"

and subsequently scaring all the customers away and causing the eventual collapse of the buisness

but go you

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by dark1365
Good luck, Cody.

Tell Mrs. Cinema hi, from some random kid from the internet. yes

It's Cory, man. Close enough, and thanks. BTW, there is no longer a Mrs. Cinema...

dark1365
Awwwwwwwww SHIT!!!!

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

Ken Kenobi
You'd be perfect at that job!

SlipknoT
Originally posted by jaden101
hope you get it cin...i can already see you running through the store screaming at some average joe "DONT BUY THAT...IT'S F*CKING SH1T"

and subsequently scaring all the customers away and causing the eventual collapse of the buisness

laughing

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
BTW, there is no longer a Mrs. Cinema... ooooooooo confused

Maya Zurak
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/1jump.gif
Congrats Cinemaddiction for this and good luck!

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by jaden101

but go you

LMFAO! That's so....like something I'd do...shit... blink

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
You'd be perfect at that job!

Not going to brag, but I think I'm qualified. He was sitting there telling me aboot how employees get first dibs on whatever comes in used. Anthony told me he got Snow White DVD for $12...and it's @ $50 on eBay, so should I get the job, the perks will bountiful.

Originally posted by SlipknoT
ooooooooo confused

Yeah, bachelorized as of yesterday.

Originally posted by Maya Zurak
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/1jump.gif
Congrats Cinemaddiction for this and good luck!

A-thank you. This is my dream job, well, aside from workin' at a pawn shop. Tee hee hee. ninja

Fionnuala
Wow..cool job..good luck thumbsup

KidRock
Yep.

I submitted an app to CD Warehouse here in Blaine, MN aboot a week ago. Got it, filled it out in my car, returned it, called Anthony (manager) 2 days later, and he had me come in this afternoon.

We went to Starbucks and got coffee drinks, shot the shit, and had the most informal interview I've ever experienced. He said he thought I was laid back, made mention of KMC, was impressed, and said he'd call me back b/c he wants his DM (District Manager) to sit in on the 2nd interview. ( eek! )

For those of you that don't know, CD Warehouse is a big-time used CD/DVD store, and Anthony told me it's veeeery hard to get a job there, because they like to have experienced/knowledgible people workin' there, so I guess he was impressed by me?!

Anywho, I'm really excited, and wanted to share the good news with you guys. Well, wish me luck!

So what are you going to get paid? Like 9$ an hour? Really moving up the ladder.

SlipknoT

Yeah, bachelorized as of yesterday.

That blows.

Lana
Hehe, awesome, Cory. I'd love to work at a place like that big grin

Tptmanno1
I'd get too mad at the customers.
"Don't buy that shit!"

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by KidRock
So what are you going to get paid? Like 9$ an hour? Really moving up the ladder.

Don't you have people lining up to feed you male appendages?

Get a life.

Well done, Cory. Hope you get the job dude.

That means discount DVDs also.

For what it's worth, sorry about the bachelorisation.

-AC

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Don't you have people lining up to feed you male appendages?

Get a life.

Well done, Cory. Hope you get the job dude.

That means discount DVDs also.

For what it's worth, sorry about the bachelorisation.

-AC

Yeah, I was told 35% off all used merch, 25% off of new. That, coupled with finally having a solid outlet to venture into new music is totally worth it. I had mentioned that back in 1998, when I sold all my CD's to make the move, I kind of fell out of love with music, but have been slowly working my way back in. Movie, that's my area of expertise.

Originally posted by KidRock

Nope, closer to $6.00. As Anthony said, people work there more for the love of music/movies, and the benefits, more than anything else. Haven't you seen "Empire Records"?

..and JSYK, it's actually a step down from $3,000+/month I make with my two small businesses. Not that I'm dropping those.

Thanks to all the well wishers, and for the condolences. I'm soldiering on through the crucible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.