What I Think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Benhacker
I think that "Judgement Day" or The day the machines rise(the Terminator future) will happen on June 6, 2006 (06/06/06) or September 9, 2009 (09/09/09)

NoFate007
....that already happened in the movies.

Plus I think it's cooler to do it like Cameron did, some random day. It makes it more believable.

chriscaffee
Speaking of which, it's pretty interesting that Sarah knows the exact date it happens despite the fact that Reese never tells her and she has no contact with the future until the Terminator shows up in T2. I also like how the "no fate" poem was totally changed between movies and we weren't supposed to notice this.

vvvrulz
Say, good pick there, Sarah in theory should have had no idea what the exact day was, only the year.

barand1
Has the "no fate" message changed in the movies??

chriscaffee
Yep, Reese says: "Thank you Sarah for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face except to say the future is not set. You must be stronger then you imagine you can be. You must survive or I will never exist.

John Connor in T2 says: "The future is not set; there's no fate but what we make for ourselves."

In Terminator 3 it's: "The future has not been written."

Admittingly the final script version of the T1 poem is much more similar to the T2 version, but even that is still slightly different, and if Reese is the one that told Sarah and Sarah told John, then John should still know the T1 version and not the modified version.

Konjammenson
Yea that no fate thing has always annoyed me.

vvvrulz
Well considering the story was only told once, it wudnt be easy for Sarah and likewise John to remember the exact thing word for word. Its bound to chop and change a little.

Evanescence
yeah, the fate thing pisses me off to, how could they think we wouldn't notice?

NoFate007
The No Fate thing annoys you but it doesn't annoy you that he called himself a T-101 instead of a T800 CSM-101, and you don't think its worse that they said he was 13 in T3 instead of 10? That's just plain stupidity and laziness

alic88
blame it on mostow.. i thought he would bring some sense into it because he said there will be a t4 but apparently he has chickened out.. BRAVO

chriscaffee
The "no fate" poem actually has some bearing on the story. John Connor's age is just an irrelelvant number. We know he was concieved in T1, a preteen in T2 and a young adult in T3. The exact numbers aren't important to me. Sarah miraculously knowing the exact date of Judgment Day and the poem memorized by Reese being corrupted are much more important to the story, as the poem's modification caused the whole second half of Terminator 2: the whole Dyson/Cyberdyne sub-plot.

As for the T-101? Who cares? Cameron himself already thouroughly destroyed the Terminator's naming system when he retconned in T2. Originally the endoskeleton was the CSM-101 and the 800-series would be a 101 skeleton with real skin and a 600-series would be a 101 skeleton (presumably) with rubber skin. In T2 he changes the 800 series to describe the endoskeleton and then makes 101 the skin number. In T3 Mostow combines T800 with CSM/CRS-101 to get T-101. Big deal. Not only does it have nothing to do with the plot, but Cameron himself already dorked it up to begin with.

You want more? Reese correctly calls the Terminator a "Cyberdyne Systems Model One-Zero-One." The Terminator calls himself a "Cyberdyne Systems Model One-Oh-One." "Oh" is a letter as in "O." So is the Terminator a CSM-1O1? No. The Terminator used a slang, and technically incorrect, pronounciation of "zero" when describing himself. He shouldn't do so when his chip has not been switched to R/W yet and is still in ROM mode.

So yeah, I'm not too picky about the Terminator's model number when it's already been a bit muddled, and it has very little bearing on the story and the action. It seems to me that people bring these things up because T2 didn't measure up and they are trying to explain how. I can tell you this, it doesn't have to do with minor errors, it has to do with lack of vision on the part of the director, the screenplay writer and the actors.

Benhacker
Originally posted by Benhacker
I think that "Judgement Day" or The day the machines rise(the Terminator future) will happen on June 6, 2006 (06/06/06) or September 9, 2009 (09/09/09)

The Judgement Day date (06/06/06) is coming up next month and I'm going to stay in a cabin(my girlfriend and I bought) in the mountains near me. We will be staying there all day June 6, 2006 and wait and see what happens.

Benhacker cool

P.S. : The cabin has a bomb shelter under it.

Benhacker
The Judgement Day date (06/06/06) is coming up next month and I'm going to stay in a cabin(my girlfriend and I bought) in the mountains near me. We will be staying there all day June 6, 2006 and wait and see what happens.

I'm back and the Judgement Day date (06/06/06) didn't happen, I glad it didn't happen, but September 09, 2009(09/09/09) is coming up in 4 years and then We will be staying there all day September 09, 2009 and wait and see what happens.

Benhacker cool

eggmayo
Jeez, wuss.

T800 CSM101
I'm back and the Judgement Day date (06/06/06) didn't happen, I glad it didn't happen, but September 09, 2009(09/09/09) is coming up in 4 years and then We will be staying there all day September 09, 2009 and wait and see what happens.

Benhacker cool

I HOPING IT DOESNT HAPPEN BUT IM STILL PREPARED

Benhacker
Originally posted by T800 CSM101
I HOPING IT DOESNT HAPPEN BUT IM STILL PREPARED

What have you done to prepare for Judgement Day ?

Benhacker cool

barand1
I know what I will do. I will ring up my mate John Connor to see if I can stick with him on that day.

Oh what a stupid joke.

smile

T800 CSM101
What have you done to prepare for Judgement Day ?

Benhacker cool

i have a stockpile of food and water and a military surplus nbc suit and access to a local underground shelter,

Benhacker
i have a stockpile of food and water and a military surplus nbc suit and access to a local underground shelter,

The cabin(my girlfriend and I bought) in the mountains near me. It has a three floor underground fallout shelter under it. There is an Air pump, Air Purafication/filter plant, water filter, water pump, water tank with 8000 gallons in it and water heater(boiler) on the 3rd floor. On the second floor is a greenhouse and on the first floor there is the Communications room that has a Faraday box(is simply a metal box designed to divert and soak up the Electromagnetic Pulse(EMP). If the object placed in the box is insulated from the inside surface of the box, it will not be effected by the EMP travelling around the outside metal surface of the box.) with a CB radio, hardened computer, Geiger Counter, VHF radio and a Satellite phone in it. There is also a bedroom, a kitchen and an armory on the first floor.

Benhacker cool

barand1
I have an umbrella.

T800 CSM101
The cabin(my girlfriend and I bought) in the mountains near me. It has a three floor underground fallout shelter under it. There is an Air pump, Air Purafication/filter plant, water filter, water pump, water tank with 8000 gallons in it and water heater(boiler) on the 3rd floor. On the second floor is a greenhouse and on the first floor there is the Communications room that has a Faraday box(is simply a metal box designed to divert and soak up the Electromagnetic Pulse(EMP). If the object placed in the box is insulated from the inside surface of the box, it will not be effected by the EMP travelling around the outside metal surface of the box.) with a CB radio, hardened computer, Geiger Counter, VHF radio and a Satellite phone in it. There is also a bedroom, a kitchen and an armory on the first floor.

Benhacker cool

YOU GOT ANY PICTURES?

Benhacker
YOU GOT ANY PICTURES?

No sad Sorry

Benhacker
YOU GOT ANY PICTURES?

No sorry sad

Benhacker cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.