Darth sidious is a genius

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthSidiouss
darth sidious is a genius he like made the jedi look so stupid. he really did a good job of masking his appearence. but he didnt look mad when darth maul died. he looked happy big grin

Darth Somebody
Yeah he did make the Jedi look like idiots. He makes EVERYONE look like idiots. What's your point?

DarthSidiouss
my point is darth revan and exar kun and these fools are "the strongest sith" no one gives credit to sidious. he is a mastermind!

HimoKun
First:

This is a versus forum and this should be in the normal EU forum.

Second:

Revan was twice the mastermind as Sidious.

DarthSidiouss
so why do people say yoda can defeat revan ??

Fishy
Because people are retrarded... And because Yoda could beat Sidious just didn't..

Now as to Sidious is a Mastermind, he was smart I will give him that, but he was also just a politician. Not a fighter, some Sith Lord wanted to fight instead of use politics. Some wanted to test themselves instead of just sneaking.

Clawed The Bum
i bieleve best overall sith lord ever:darth sidious
best overall jedi : obi wan kenowbi
darth sidious sacrificed count doocka and darth maul for his brilliant plan. in one day, no more like 45 secounds the sith came from losing very badly to wining very badly. all becauase of the brillinat plan from sideous. the death star, the bretayel of the clones, making anackin evil was all his plan.

Fishy
The Sith lost the war? When was that again when Sidious controlled both army's, or when he controlled both army's? Sidious used his army's to kill the Jedi from the inside nothing more. Other Sith Lords wanted to kill them head on.

Clawed The Bum
fishy what language are you speaking. its either i am drunk or you are drunk i dont get what you are trying to say.. again

Darth_Frobo
Sids didn't have the power of the other sith lords, however he was able to outsmart the jedi but thats been done countless time before, Revan was a good planner if not the greatest as was ragnos so sidious isn't the best ever per-say but he was still pretty smart.

DarthSidiouss
clawed you made a good point

Fishy
Is it that hard to understand?

Anyways

Republic army's, commanded by the Sith.
Seperatist army's, commanded by the Sith.

The Sith never lost the war they were always winning because they were always controlling the army's. The only reason for the war was to weaken the Jedi.

Darth_Frobo
The war merely thinned the jedi and streched them out, not only that but it assigned all the jedi as generals so it would be 1 jedi for every 10 00-30 00 clone troopers, the jedi had no chance, in short sidious was brilliant quite possibly the most brilliant ever, that being said he wasn't much of a warrior.

Clawed The Bum
i never said the sith lost the war. i said it seemed that they were losing very badly becuase of there were like a 15,000 clones on the rebulic. who here siad lost the war can you please quote it?

Fishy
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
i bieleve best overall sith lord ever:darth sidious
best overall jedi : obi wan kenowbi
darth sidious sacrificed count doocka and darth maul for his brilliant plan. in one day, no more like 45 secounds the sith came from losing very badly to wining very badly. all becauase of the brillinat plan from sideous. the death star, the bretayel of the clones, making anackin evil was all his plan.

Came from losing very badly to winning very badly...

Thats what you said... You clearly said that the Sith were losing and then 45 seconds later they were winning.

Serra_Keto
Originally posted by Fishy
Is it that hard to understand?

Anyways

Republic army's, commanded by the Sith.
Seperatist army's, commanded by the Sith.

The Sith never lost the war they were always winning because they were always controlling the army's. The only reason for the war was to weaken the Jedi.

crybaby

Clawed The Bum
i said seemed like they were losing. there is a big differense. sideous could of made the clones betray right when the rebulic got them but since he is the smartest sith ever he did it at the right moment right after he got darth vadar

Darth Plagues
C'mon this is a versus forum...

Fishy
Eh no because he did it then because he was to weak to do it any other time.

He was so scared of the Jedi that he refused to fight them head on even if he had two army's.

Clawed The Bum
that is crap ,to weak to do it any time. what the booger woogers does that mean? if sideous made the clones betray an other time the jedi would of been in the temple and none of them would have died. seriuosly man this is like fishy vs clawed so it is a versus forum

Fishy
If he made them attack the Jedi earlier he would have faced the Jedi's full might and he would have died. He knew that, he needed to destroy them in another way. Brilliant but weak.

Clawed The Bum
weak. first of all this isn't a strong in the force weak in the force thread it is sidiuos genius thread so i don't want to argue that. and secound of all he isn't weak in the force. so do you agree with me and some other people that sidiuos is a genius by saying he is brilliant?

Fishy
He's a genius but I still think the way he fights is weak.

Clawed The Bum
look at the name of this forum. so everyone agrees that sidiuos is genius right? end of topic let it die

DarthSidiouss
sidious is a mastermind. he is a politician. and a good jedi. he is only a bit older than 70-80. he is great with a lightsaber. he faught off Yoda(some believe he won) yoda has been with the force for 800 years and sidious faught him off.sidious is a genius and a good dueler. he killed saesse tin,kit fisto and that other guy in the matter of seconds.. i agree that he is indeed powerful!

Darth_Otaku
says a twelve year old.Sidious is a bad duelist.But in real life everybody would win of all those jedi.It would be like Jedi:turn turn spin spin.
Normal perso:eh stab him while the jedi is making some legant showy move.

DarthSidiouss
what are you talking about sidious is a great duelist one of the most powerfullest sith ever!only coz im 12 dozent mean im stupid your mean!

Darth_Frobo
He wasn't insulting your intelligence (or lack of thereof) more like saying that you simply don't know what you're talking about because you haven't reaserched it much but thats besides the point I don't need to be paraphrasing what people say for them, as for sidious being a bad duelist, no he's not but he's not a great one either he's just good, killing three talented jedi masters in a split second is pretty impresive, he's just not up to par with some of the truly great duelists.

DarthSidiouss
but he is smart give him that atleast wink

Clawed The Bum
sidiuos is a great duelest. i can't beileve that some people think he is not. yoda lost to sidiuos. i saw episode III five times i should know(bought the pirated version of movie, and once in theaters). Yoda says failed i have, go into exile i must. It is that simple.If yoda says he lost to sidiuos i am pretty sure he did. and everybody knows yoda is a excellent duelist.

DarthSidiouss
yoda is second to one jedi, Luke skywalker

Clawed The Bum
no obi won konibi is the best jedi i highly think that

DarthSidiouss
Darth Sidious is a very impressive duelist but it is not at what he excels at. The Dark Lord Of The Sith excels at using force powers and manipulating the weak-minded(such as Anakin). I have done much research and my results have given me the anwsers that Darth Sidious is one of the greatest sith to ever rise. He faught Master Yoda in an amazing duel and came out "victorious", but he was throwing things at yoda, i would say that their duel was a draw, at first yoda was on the offensive but then The Emperor gained the advantage when he used force lightning, they both went flying. Yoda then knew that the troopers were coming. Soo he escaped. They had one of the greatest battles i have ever seen in my entire life, probably second best to Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, the greatest lightsabre duel ever.

May the force be with you

Clawed The Bum
when sidiuos whas attacked by 4 jedi ( one being master windu) he managed to kill three of them easily and killed mace with the help of anackin and his lightning. sidiuos is a great duelist.

DarthSidiouss
i know. but actually he killed 3masters in 5seconds. Saesse Tin,Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto,10mins later he kills master windu the second highest ranked jedi on the council!

Clawed The Bum
and you said he doesn't excel in dueling..... i seem to like darth sidiuoss more then you and it is you name!

DarthSidiouss
actually i did say he excels in battling but he is much better a force-use/manipulator

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
what are you talking about sidious is a great duelist one of the most powerfullest sith ever!only coz im 12 dozent mean im stupid your mean!

HAHAHAHAH ROFL, HAHAH ROFLACOL(Rolling over the floor laughing and crying out loud.)

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
He wasn't insulting your intelligence (or lack of thereof) more like saying that you simply don't know what you're talking about because you haven't reaserched it much but thats besides the point I don't need to be paraphrasing what people say for them, as for sidious being a bad duelist, no he's not but he's not a great one either he's just good, killing three talented jedi masters in a split second is pretty impresive, he's just not up to par with some of the truly great duelists.

Those three dident even see it coming Mace was truly focused on what Palps was going to do, and 2 of the 3 were trying to read his mind so essentially he only slayed, maybe one master... theoretically. If the rest were ready and prepared to meet any dangers. Sidious would struggle, really badly.

DarthSidiouss
dude sidious attacked them and they faught back well they got owned but they faught back they had their lightsabers out. only fisto survived one hit..

Clawed The Bum
um let me get this straight. fisto is the third highest ranked master in the jedi councel. mace is secound. yoda is third. sidiuos killed two of three jedi masters and deafeted the other one. you have to be insane to say that sidiuos is not an excellent dueler.

DarthSidiouss
no actually i believe plo koon is third ki adi mundi is 4th followed by kit fisto

Admiral Akbar
Darth Sidious is a very impressive duelist but it is not at what he excels at. The Dark Lord Of The Sith excels at using force powers and manipulating the weak-minded(such as Anakin). I have done much research and my results have given me the anwsers that Darth Sidious is one of the greatest sith to ever rise. He faught Master Yoda in an amazing duel and came out "victorious", but he was throwing things at yoda, i would say that their duel was a draw, at first yoda was on the offensive but then The Emperor gained the advantage when he used force lightning, they both went flying. Yoda then knew that the troopers were coming. Soo he escaped. They had one of the greatest battles i have ever seen in my entire life, probably second best to Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, the greatest lightsabre duel ever.

May the force be with you

Yoda had so many disadvantages, really, At one point of the battle he had to flip all around sidious while he stood ground. Fair? NO!
Another time Sidious had the high ground advantage and yoda was below him. Paply threw oval balconies at him and yoda still managed to throw em back.
Lets put it this way Its easy to throw a bag filled with tons of sand correct? But to catch it and throw it back is pretty damn hard. Yoda did this.
Another thing. He lost his lightsaber which made the match even more dangerous for him. Did he hold sidious off? yeah.....he defelcted his lightning and gave him all he had.
Overall, Yoda is a great master, and could have easily kicked his ass if the terrain was flat or the area was a more balanced arena where you cant expect any turnovers. IMO sidious is not all that powerful.. i mean some jedi and sith are better at one thing than they are at another.

Admiral Akbar
................ they had thier sabers out before palpy hurled at them. And they dident fight back. Only Kit did and well he wasnt quite prepared.

DarthSidiouss
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Yoda had so many disadvantages, really, At one point of the battle he had to flip all around sidious while he stood ground. Fair? NO!
Another time Sidious had the high ground advantage and yoda was below him. Paply threw oval balconies at him and yoda still managed to throw em back.
Lets put it this way Its easy to throw a bag filled with tons of sand correct? But to catch it and throw it back is pretty damn hard. Yoda did this.
Another thing. He lost his lightsaber which made the match even more dangerous for him. Did he hold sidious off? yeah.....he defelcted his lightning and gave him all he had.
Overall, Yoda is a great master, and could have easily kicked his ass if the terrain was flat or the area was a more balanced arena where you cant expect any turnovers. IMO sidious is not all that powerful.. i mean some jedi and sith are better at one thing than they are at another.

You made a great point of this. I am impressed. Very well done, i never thaught of it that way, thank you for sharing your opinion with mesmile

Admiral Akbar
um let me get this straight. fisto is the third highest ranked master in the jedi councel. mace is secound. yoda is third. sidiuos killed two of three jedi masters and deafeted the other one. you have to be insane to say that sidiuos is not an excellent dueler.
Im insane i guess then

Admiral Akbar
You made a great point of this. I am impressed. Very well done, i never thaught of it that way, thank you for sharing your opinion with mesmile
its the best i could do. Thats all i had to say.

Clawed The Bum
no actually i believe plo koon is third ki adi mundi is 4th followed by kit fisto

i get those three jedi mixed up. so sidiuos pretty much killed the top 4 of the top 5 highest jedi in like 2 minutes.

DarthSidiouss
sidious killed agen kolar,seasee tin,kit fisto and mace windu, they are all members of the jedi council.

Clawed The Bum
high ground or not. both of them in the biggening where on the same level. so it was 100% yodas fault that he lost ground therefore making him inferior to sidiuos

Admiral Akbar
well, mace believed in anakin, so he dident really get his as kicked. Many people say that it was all part of the plan to hold on Mace and seem like he was trying to take over, but i have read many nooks that have different opinions toward this, and i have to say that Sidious dident know what to expect with windus Vaapad style, if you read, his syle converts the siths anger into fear and makes the battle much worse for them.

DarthSidiouss
i know vaapad is a very hard style to master. but it has been done by only 3

Admiral Akbar
high ground or not. both of them in the biggening where on the same level. so it was 100% yodas fault that he lost ground therefore making him inferior to sidiuos

At the same lvl? lets see here. COmpare height. Yoda is 4 ft smaller than sidious and his style requires physical energy. Paply was not tired at all cuz all he had to do was stand in one position and move his lightsaber around. This happened b4 they were at seperate locations. So the lvls and advantages changed frequently throughout them battle.

Clawed The Bum
fear gives sith power almost as good if not the same as anger. remember when dooku said that anakin has a lot of fear in him? then anackin killed doku 10 secounds later?

Admiral Akbar
Most in favor of Sidious.

Clawed The Bum
4 feet??? 4 feet wont make a difference. this aint basketball cmon. i meant they were on the same level. there feat touched the same elevation of ground.

Clawed The Bum
I in favor of sidiuos

Admiral Akbar
Yeah i remember and Paply was screaming to not be afraid of that fear and use anger in power instead of it. All i have to say is read the books man i know enough about dooku vs anakin to tell you that anakin was equal to him before he stopped being afraid of what he was feeling and converting it into raw power. Also Dooku changed syles dramatically during that battle he wasnt even using his form 2. So he was cocky and deserved what he never expected.

Admiral Akbar
I in favor of sidiuos

I count 2 or 3
Again, read the books.

DarthSidiouss
Personally i think that people underestimate Sidious. They say he sucks and that hes a bad duelist and all these things. But really he is amazing. Was he the longest lasting sith other than Darth Bane ?

Admiral Akbar
4 feet??? 4 feet wont make a difference. this aint basketball cmon. i meant they were on the same level. there feat touched the same elevation of ground.

Size does matter my friend. Lets say someone 4 feet bigger than you was to beat your ass, would you struggle? or would you nail him in the nuts and walk away"? i dont think you would win the fight anyway..

Clawed The Bum
who is darth bane i always get darth bane and darth bandon mixed up.

Admiral Akbar
long lasting sith becuz he hid his face and true identity for so long, if he had revealed himself, the jedi would wipe his blood with his robes. Plus, the empire was at his side? correct thats 1 sith and 1mil people vs surviving jedi. ok, he had backup. His homies were there when he needed them. Thats why yoda escaped.

Clawed The Bum
its not the size mate its how you use it. i heard that there is a pro basketball player that is 5"5

Admiral Akbar
ok and lets say some guy overpowered him by a couple of feet? how would he throw the ball into the hoop? climb on top and over him? dont think so. The point im trying to make is that because of yodas size, he has to fight harder and get some equal elevation, which means jumping. And you get very tired after jumping around for 5 min. I mean wouldent you?

Clawed The Bum
what does hieght do with anything. i mean this is like argueing with an idiot (no offense). he didnt have to jump around. he could of used the force or something. he didnt have to let sidiuos get the high ground and lose. it was all yodas fault

Clawed The Bum
besides, yoda uses the force to jump around. he doesn't use physical strength so he doesn't get tired. even if he does it is kinda like boxing. muhmad ali used the strategy of blocking at begging and making the opponet tired then landing some big ones on them.

Admiral Akbar
what does hieght do with anything. i mean this is like argueing with an idiot (no offense). he didnt have to jump around. he could of used the force or something. he didnt have to let sidiuos get the high ground and lose. it was all yodas fault

He had no choice... the match was uneven ok, just accept it. He had to flip around or he would fall of the disk. he had limited space. This is like arguing with and idiot. (no offense).

Admiral Akbar
besides, yoda uses the force to jump around. he doesn't use physical strength so he doesn't get tired. even if he does it is kinda like boxing. muhmad ali used the strategy of blocking at begging and making the opponet tired then landing some big ones on them.

he doesnt get tired? where is your proof to that opinion?

Clawed The Bum
i have no proof. one time i was talking how yoda might me stronger when he was young bet someone told be that the older he was the better he faught/ he had more experince and power in the force. he used the force to jump around. that is why he doesn't breath hard after a match. watch the movies. if you can't see that you are blind

DarthSidiouss
true that is a great point. props on that one. as for everything else.. yoda vs. sidious was fair.

DarthSidiouss
yoda is way too powerful for any of the bad guys of his time.. sidious was the only challenge he woulda had.

DarthSidiouss
anyone agreeeeeeeeeeee ?

Darth Somebody
I do agree. This has no place on a versus thread. But let me impart to you on my unsolicited "two cents".

Fishy, you apparently neglect the fact that Revan's strategies failed. But Sidious's strategies did. Call it underhanded, unfair, or weak. But it was Palpatine who brought the Sith Order's goals to achievement - not Darth Revan. His methods were better, otherwise those of the other Dark Lords' would have worked.

He is - in effect - the most successful Sith Lord to date. Revan may have been more powerful, but overall, he failed to accomplish his Order's goals.

Palpatine - was a master of deception, manipulation, and control. The Sith gained control of the galaxy because of Palpatine. Revan, for all his tactical brilliance, failed.

Darth Somebody
Admiral Ackbar - I don't think Yoda could EVER easily take Sidious. You have no proof to support that opinion. Perhaps he would've beaten Palpatine - but it would not be EASY.

DarthSidiouss
wow finally someone with some logic i applaud you Darth Somebody

Darth Somebody
Well, I can agree to some points. But Palpatine/Sidious is not invincible. Nor are his powers perfect. He failed in the end. But in terms of actual accomplishments - his list expands greater than most (if not ALL) of the Dark Lords of the Sith. Revan included.

DarthSidiouss
smile someone who agrees with me.

DarthSidiouss
im out for the night....(S)

DarthSidiouss
back

Fishy
Personally i think that people underestimate Sidious. They say he sucks and that hes a bad duelist and all these things. But really he is amazing. Was he the longest lasting sith other than Darth Bane ?

Marka Ragnos

150 years, Sidious didn't even come close stick out tongue

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
I do agree. This has no place on a versus thread. But let me impart to you on my unsolicited "two cents".

Fishy, you apparently neglect the fact that Revan's strategies failed. But Sidious's strategies did. Call it underhanded, unfair, or weak. But it was Palpatine who brought the Sith Order's goals to achievement - not Darth Revan. His methods were better, otherwise those of the other Dark Lords' would have worked.

He is - in effect - the most successful Sith Lord to date. Revan may have been more powerful, but overall, he failed to accomplish his Order's goals.

Palpatine - was a master of deception, manipulation, and control. The Sith gained control of the galaxy because of Palpatine. Revan, for all his tactical brilliance, failed.

Hey I never claimed that what Sidious didn't work it worked and it worked great... But I still think he was weak, thats my oppinion. I don't respect people like that, Sidious IMO was a coward because he was afraid to really fight a war. It was his choice and it worked doesn't mean I have to like it.

Clawed The Bum
why run when you can walk. why shoud sidious risk his identidy and life if he doesn't have to. the element of surprise is a very strong element indead.

Fishy
Because it would test his strength, something that other Sith Lords wanted to do, something that Sidious could not do. That makes him weak IMO or at the very least a coward, but thats just me.

Clawed The Bum
test his strength? other sith lords? not all. you know how many aprenteses betrayed their masters cheatingly. without their masters having a fair fight? i can think of three right off the bat.

Fishy
Well yeah, just like Sidious.... But how many of those apprentices did you know that didn't start or continue with a mayor war. Sidious betrayed his master while his master was sleeping and used politics to win.

I think its a cheap way to win.

DarthSidiouss
no. sidious was much wiser than u bring him out to be. he clouded the jedi's vision. he fullfilled the sith order's goal.

Darth_Otaku
Oh my ****ing god.How can people say that Sidious beat Yoda.Oh my ****in god.People like you(Yes Clawed you!)make me wanna go Postal!!!!

Fishy
no. sidious was much wiser than u bring him out to be. he clouded the jedi's vision. he fullfilled the sith order's goal.

What about MY OPINION don't you understand, its my opinion that Sidious is a weak coward, I'm not saying he's an idiot just a weak coward there is a huge difference between the two now isn't there. And its still my opinion. I'm not asking you to share it. But I just don't respect somebody that conquers through politics. And I really do not consider him as a great fighter, if he was he would have fought.

DarthSidiouss
i believe sidious has been a sith for a long time. that is why when mace windu sends the lightning back at him and he becomes old. meaning he was using the darkside of the force to cloak his appearence i believe he is as old if not older than master yoda.

Fishy
Read Starwars.com he isn't that old

DarthSidiouss
alright i will

HimoKun
If you want a true genious, who completely fooled the Jedi and didn't do it being a pansy, look at Exar Kun. He went under the Jedi's noses and recruited Jedi at the Academy on Ossus. He then attacked them head on instead killing them with assasins. Now that's mastermin with balls.

And then there's Revan. He converted tons of Jedi to the Darkside. How many did Sidious turn? 1. Revan converted and tried not to kill the Jedi, and he suceeded it doing it.

DarthSidiouss
but who succeeded the sith ordr goals ?

HimoKun
First, there is no such thing as a Sith Order. And second, Sidious goes against the Sith Code by the way he gets power.

Darth_Otaku
How can there be a Code but no Order?But it's true there is no Order.Maybe a Order of Dark Jedi.But there only two Sitch at a time so it would be stupid to start an Order with only two members.

Fishy
Depends on what you would consider succeeding with the goals... Ragnos did in his own opinion. He set all the Sith up against him to make sure they didn't attack the Republic. Yeah Sidious was the only one that ever conquered the entire republic. But does that mean he is all powerful or more powerful then others.

Look at my home country for instance

JP Balkenende (current prime minister) won with elections
Willem van Oranje won through war and fighting and kicking the Spanish forces who were better trained and with more numbers out of the country.

Yeah Balkenende rules more then Willem did and he actually became the highest figure in the country when Willem was always fighting to create a country and he died before it happened. Now everybody here still believes that what Willem did is far more impressive then what Balkenende did. And for a damn good reason.

Darth_Otaku
Yeah he was elected Greatest Dutchman of All Time!Now who wouldn't want that title?

DarthSidiouss
hmm . good point

DarthSidiouss
was sidious upset when he found out obi-wan killed maul ?

Darth_Glentract
I think he was, but got over it when he found Anakin.

DarthSidiouss
hmm i see

Darth_Frobo
Sidious is brilliant but he's also a coward and not that powerful, what you don't understand about revan is that he was never really sith, he didn't give a rats ass about the sith goals, the only reason he turned to the darkside is because it offered more power to him and the star forge so he could use it to destroy the sith, he became darth revan so he could unite the republic against the sith and defeat their old empire on the fringes of space, not to listen to it's demands, the only one who obeyed the siths goals were those who actually fell to the darkside, Revan much like anakin wanted to use the darkside for good actually so he was no sith and he never tried to accomplish their goals because he only cared about his own agenda, everything else could go to hell he actually just wanted to defend the republic.

DarthSidiouss
very well..

Clawed The Bum
someone said that " how many jedi did sidiuos lure to the dark side"( yes you fishy). Sidiuos didn't want quantity. he wanted qaulity. thats why he only lured doku and anackin. and how can't you say that he didn't beat yoda. omg. yoda himself said it. watch the movie. i watched it 5 times. ( i own pirated dvd). if yoda put a tatto on himself saying he lost to sidious maybe then you will bieleve him.

HimoKun
someone said that " how many jedi did sidiuos lure to the dark side"( yes you fishy). Sidiuos didn't want quantity. he wanted qaulity. thats why he only lured doku and anackin. and how can't you say that he didn't beat yoda. omg. yoda himself said it. watch the movie. i watched it 5 times. ( i own pirated dvd). if yoda put a tatto on himself saying he lost to sidious maybe then you will bieleve him.

First, you just admitted to a crime. Second, that was not a straight duel. That was a "I throw things at him so I can run away" pansy move by Sidious.

DarthSidiouss
i shall be gone for a while. may the force be with yall

Bobafetty
why?

Fishy

Quality?

Would you consider 5 Jedi Masters Quality, would you consider Malak quality? Come on Revan had plenty of powerful Jedi working with him. I wouldn't worry about that to much.

Anyways, Yoda never says he lost, he says he has failed... Big difference and he has failed I won't argue with you there. He didn't win I won't argue with you there either, but I can't really he has been defeated by Sidious.

Darth_Otaku
i shall be gone for a while. may the force be with yall

Ahhhhhhh we'll miss you!......... roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Clawed The Bum
failed: unsuccesful in an effort to something
lost: 1) to lose something
2) didn't win(well basically didn't want to write down the long definition)

Fishy
He didn't win...

But did he lose? Well in the technical sence of the word yes... If you really look at it however, No. Yoda ran away because he knew that he could not defeat Sidious when help would arrive and he knew they were coming. Yoda had no choice but to run, he would have stayed longer if Clones would not have arrived.

He still managed to block Sidious his best and throw it back in his face. Why would he run from Sidious if he could do that? Why unless he of course he knew he could no longer win because Sidious had aids.

Lord DarqueLand
Of course Sidious outstripped Revan and all the other Sith leaders. He was able to twist Anakin's mind in almost no-time flat. OF course, Anakin had no brain, because who in real life would sacrifice everything including the world just to save 1 person you lvoe. But anyways, Sidious was so powerful, considering he beat Yoda (not saying Yoda is that good) and got every Jedi Killed. He got rebublic Troops to actually kill Jedi, which makes him pretty high at the top already

DarthSidiouss
Originally posted by Darth_Otaku
Ahhhhhhh we'll miss you!......... roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

lol i feel special

Clawed The Bum
when yoda met with sidiuos what were their goals? yoda : kills sidiuos
Sidiuos : hold him out till clones arrive. so who accieved their goal and who didn't? i mean if sidiuos went one better and killed yoda that would be great but that wasn't his goal. sidiuos had more power. he didnt want to lose it. he didn't have to get any more. yoda, on the other hand. had no power. he tried to gain some. and he lost

General Zodiac
Sidious must have been plainning the take over for over half his life. But I never really like Sidious. He hides behind Maul, Dooku, and Vader while he sat back and took all the glory.

Fishy
when yoda met with sidiuos what were their goals? yoda : kills sidiuos
Sidiuos : hold him out till clones arrive. so who accieved their goal and who didn't? i mean if sidiuos went one better and killed yoda that would be great but that wasn't his goal. sidiuos had more power. he didnt want to lose it. he didn't have to get any more. yoda, on the other hand. had no power. he tried to gain some. and he lost

Ohh no Sidious wanted to kill Yoda. Its far more likely that Yoda wanted to capture Sidious then Sidious just wanting to scare Yoda away. I doubt both of them actually. Both of them wanted the other dead.

DarthSidiouss
lol the two most strongest of the dark/light. at the time

HimoKun
Does everyone here agree that Yoda could beat Sidious in a straight up lightsaber duel?

Fishy
No...

But all the people with a brain do.

DarthSidiouss
i believe they are pretty even but yoda would win since he has a better force connection

General Zodiac
Sidious knew Yoda would kill him so he distance himself from him and started to throw platforms at him.

Clawed The Bum
fishy hates me...

DarthSidiouss
guys nowone hates nowone. Everyone is friends. There is no need for fighting.

HimoKun
fishy hates me...

And so do I. And so do I.

I like the other Sidious fanboy, he actually puts up a argument.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Those three dident even see it coming Mace was truly focused on what Palps was going to do, and 2 of the 3 were trying to read his mind so essentially he only slayed, maybe one master... theoretically. If the rest were ready and prepared to meet any dangers. Sidious would struggle, really badly.

Palpatine:

-pulls out lightsaber and slowly ignites it-

So it's treason then.

-leaps for the Jedi-

---

Yeah. Those three weren't caught off guard. People say the same thing about when Palpatine electrocuted Yoda in the beginning of their duel. Palpatine just overpowered them. Those three had enough time to prepare for Palpatine's attack. They just didn't have the skill to fight him.

Human Vader
Originally posted by Lord DarqueLand
Of course Sidious outstripped Revan and all the other Sith leaders. He was able to twist Anakin's mind in almost no-time flat. OF course, Anakin had no brain, because who in real life would sacrifice everything including the world just to save 1 person you lvoe. But anyways, Sidious was so powerful, considering he beat Yoda (not saying Yoda is that good) and got every Jedi Killed. He got rebublic Troops to actually kill Jedi, which makes him pretty high at the top already

theres another one of those posts that makes me want to kill myself

you dont think anyone would save the person they love over the entire world? pretty much anyone whose in true love would do that.

now back to the thread
not saying yoda is that good? hes been the most powerful jeedai for what about 650 years? hes livied through many generations of jeedai and always been on top. hes one of the most powerful jeedai to live IMO. and he didnt get EVERY jeedai killed, a good handful of them outside of the skywalker twins, yoda and obi wan survived the purge, thanks for reading EU books. and he didnt do anything with the republic troops. see revan actually convinced people to follow him and attack republic soldiers. the clones were trained from birth to strictly follow Order 66 since they were created on Kamino. all sidious had to say was "execute order 66" and the clones were pretty much programmed to kill jeedai when he said that. once again thanks for reading EU books.

and darth somebody, thanks for watching ROTS. because right after yoda got thrown down by the lightning, he got up and threw sidious' ass across the room and over his desk. f*cking morons

Darth Somebody
Ehem. This is a quote taken from another thread. I wrote this up when I took my friend to the movie to see Revenge of The Sith.

I took my friend to see Star Wars today. So, I'm refreshed in memory about the duel.

Yoda entered the office and incapacitated the Red Guard. He then engaged in banter with Palpatine. Palpatine then raised his hands and fired off a stream of Force lightning. Yoda quickly tried to block it, but was overpowered by Palpatine's attack. Yoda was sent flying, and hit the wall. He was then rendered temporarily unconscious.

Mas Amedda - who many people said called the Clones - left in NO hurry. You'd think that if it's like some people have said, if Mas went to go help his boss, he would've ran off to go call in support. He walked out of the room in no hurry to summon support. Palpatine lingered behind and gloated to Yoda. Yoda woke up, slowly got up, and then Force pushed Palpatine. Palpatine flew over his desk and was knocked over the chair.

Palpatine was already on his feet a few moments later, though he was surprised at Yoda's power and endurance. Now. Clearly we know Mas Amedda did NOT call the clones - as logic dictates. He left the room in a lethargic pace. Now. Clearly also, Yoda does not recover as easily as Palpatine does. The biggest factor of all is that Palpatine achieved his overall goal. Domination of the entire galaxy and the Sith supremecy. Yoda is very powerful. So if you were in Palpatine's shoes, why stay and duke it out with a powerful Jedi Master when you have finally achieved the goal you waited DECADES to put into motion.

Like Palpatine said at the Galaxies Opera. THOSE WHO GAIN POWER ARE AFRAID TO LOSE IT!!!! Palpatine is no exception. So he did what every other cowardly - yet powerful and manipulative dictator does. He tried to flee. Yoda blocked him.

Fishy has said that it was Palpatine looking to kill Yoda and not the other way around. There was only person with murderous intent at the time of this duel. And that would be Yoda. Yoda drew his lightsaber. Palpatine did the same after telling Yoda that "You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

They engaged in a lightsaber fight. Yoda was on the offensive, and Palpatine was on the defensive. Yet neither bested the other. NEITHER bested the OTHER. NEITHER. As in NONE of the two. But you could tell from the fight that Yoda was more confidant in this duel, as well as his experience in combat.

Palpatine led the fight back to the Senate podium. He and Yoda exchanged thrusts and parries - and continued to fight off one another's attacks. As the podium rose into the Senate chamber - Palpatine and Yoda leapt onto a few pods and continued to fight, and still, neither bested the other.

Palpatine then tried to throw various Senate pods at Yoda. He threw two and three at a time. Yoda managed to dodge all of these. But not with ease. Finally, using all of his power (you could see the effort on his face) Yoda repelled it back to Palpatine. Palpatine, in shock, didn't stop the pod, but jumped from it. Like Yoda did.

Yoda tried to follow and pulled out his lightsaber. Palpatine blasted it from his hands with a bout of lightning. Then Palpatine fired lightning more - in a current. He moved closer to Yoda, and Yoda moved back. The effort on Yoda's face - as well as Palpatine's - was pure evident. Palpatine's lightning was coming out in a high magnitude, and it strained him. Yoda was having a hell of a time holding the lightning at bay, and at first, looked more fatigued of the two.

Finally, Yoda used his strength and reflected it back at Palpatine. But the blast worked two ways. The blasted knocked Palpatine over the edge of the pod, but he managed to cling on. Yoda was sent flying (he weighed less and didn't control the lightning as Palpatine did) and flew farther. Weakened from the effort of repulsing Palpatine's lightning, his grip faltered and he fell.

Palpatine laughed - but was in a similar predicament - hanging from a ledge as well. Yoda knew that both he and Palpatine were too tired to combat the other - as well as the fact that the fall must have hurt him as well. So he fled the building. When he reached Bail Organa, he lamented on his failure.

"Failed, I have."

Whether he is admitting that he lost the fight is speculation. I believe it was that he failed to kill Palpatine. His overall goal. Palpatine would be better prepared if Yoda ever returned. Both fought to a standstill. Yoda survived and so did Palpatine. But Yoda's goals weren't reached whereas Palpatine's were.

Neither LOST. But Yoda failed. Again. This is not insulting him or saying he was weaker. But he himself said he failed.

There ya go. An unbiased walkthrough of the Palpatine vs Yoda duel.

darthrevan89
I just hate Sidious... mad

Darth Somebody
Trust me. A lot of people do. And even though I can't stand Revan anymore (thanks to particular individuals) I still do not deny his skills - such as his impeccable mastery of the Force, his tactical brilliance, and his overall strength with the Dark side.

And even though you hate Sidious - you should not deny what he has done and what others could not have.

HimoKun
We all agree Sidious finished his goal while others fail, but that doesn't make him as great as you say he is.

Darth Somebody
Lol you just said it there.

Sidious completed his objectives - the only one to do so. He finished what the Sith Order longed to complete. He is very great.

HimoKun
There is no such thing as a Sith Order!!!

Darth Somebody
Actually, there is. If you would kindly look on Star Wars databank, it refers to the Sith as the Sith Order. The Order of the Sith.

Darth Somebody
"An ancient ORDER of Force-practitioners devoted to the dark side and determined to destroy the Jedi, the Sith were a menace long thought extinct."

Darth Somebody
-waits for a retort-

Darth Windu
So then this thread is settled. Sidious accomplished what the the Sith had been waiting a millenia for. So he's pretty smart. A genius if you want.

Darth Somebody
Yeah. I like Sidious and all. But this thing has no place here.

Darth Somebody
HimoKun. I'm still waiting for a reply on this.

darthrevan89
Trust me. A lot of people do. And even though I can't stand Revan anymore (thanks to particular individuals) I still do not deny his skills - such as his impeccable mastery of the Force, his tactical brilliance, and his overall strength with the Dark side.

And even though you hate Sidious - you should not deny what he has done and what others could not have.

I never said I deny what he's done I just said I hate him.

Darth Somebody
Hate can influence the way one acts in a debate or argument. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Darth Revan.

Alright on another note. There's no way in hell Himokun didn't see this thread nor my remarks. I guess that's just his way of saying "you're right Darth Somebody, but I don't have any retort and I don't want to harm my ego." stick out tongue

Great Vengeance
Hate can influence the way one acts in a debate or argument. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Darth Revan.

Alright on another note. There's no way in hell Himokun didn't see this thread nor my remarks. I guess that's just his way of saying "you're right Darth Somebody, but I don't have any retort and I don't want to harm my ego." stick out tongue

Himokun lacks the intelligence of the rest of us give him a break.

HimoKun
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Himokun lacks the intelligence of the rest of us give him a break.

Shut the fvck up noob. I have twice as much intelligence as you, and if their was a Sith Order, than it would be gone by Sidious' time since, of course, their's only two Sith around a Order consists of many more. By the time of Sidious, the Sith were a cult, not a Order.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by HimoKun
Shut the fvck up noob. I have twice as much intelligence as you, and if their was a Sith Order, than it would be gone by Sidious' time since, of course, their's only two Sith around a Order consists of many more. By the time of Sidious, the Sith were a cult, not a Order.

Your very amusing.

Fishy
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Your very amusing.

Amusing but right.

Great Vengeance
Amusing but right.

So your saying there is no sith order also? It been stated many times that it is indeed an order including in wikipedia and the official star wars databank. There is no argument.

Fishy
Dictionary.com defines order as

# An organization of people united by a common fraternal bond or social aim.
#

1. A group of people upon whom a government or sovereign has formally conferred honor for unusual service or merit

Group of people, several people. As in More then two.

Great Vengeance
Dictionary.com defines order as

# An organization of people united by a common fraternal bond or social aim.
#

1. A group of people upon whom a government or sovereign has formally conferred honor for unusual service or merit

Group of people, several people. As in More then two.

Thats irrelevent, they call themselves the sith order, take it up with lucas if you think there is a logical flaw here.

Fishy
They could call themselves the magical fairy tooths of disney land in pink bikini's. That wouldn't make them real fairy tooths of disney land in pink bikini's now would it.

They call themselves Sith, they are not real Sith. They follow an ideal in a weakened form. They are still Sith though. But they don't have a Sith order.

Great Vengeance
They could call themselves the magical fairy tooths of disney land in pink bikini's. That wouldn't make them real fairy tooths of disney land in pink bikini's now would it.

They call themselves Sith, they are not real Sith. They follow an ideal in a weakened form. They are still Sith though. But they don't have a Sith order.

Bane didnt make a sith "cult" he continued the sith order, it didnt matter if there was only 2 people at a time its still the old order but evolved to a more efficient form.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>