George Clooney blames Joel Schumacher for the failure of "Batman and Robin".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leafar
At a recent party, George Clooney blamed Joel Schumacher, who directed "Batman and Robin", for the failure of the previous Batman movie. "I could have been dark and mysterious..." he said. "It was Joel's idea to put on the nipples...he told me I was doing a musical."

laughing

NoFate007
JS sure did accomplish that

SpyCspider
George Clooney isn't a bad actor. I think someone of his caliber could've pulled it off. It was just bad directing and script.

pr1983
doh

vaya_the_elf
I think Clooney is an ok actor, but one thing was he was to old for the role. Another thing was the plot line sucked. Also he had never done a role like that before.

All those things together made it bad. So it was just not him alone. Although I must say he did suck as batman.

tpaquin
I'm gonna bet that the whole post is complete BS. Are you playing a sarcastic joke on us? Let's see some sources on that one... smile

Either that, or Clooney was drunk.

Leafar
Originally posted by tpaquin
I'm gonna bet that the whole post is complete BS. Are you playing a sarcastic joke on us? Let's see some sources on that one... smile

Either that, or Clooney was drunk.

No, it really isn't bull$hit. I saw the report on Entertainment Tonight. Clooney was getting an award for something. He may have been drunk... sick

Gregory
I think JS is more responsible than GC for the failure. The actors might not have been well-cast, but they've all been at least competant in other movies. When an entire cast of competant actors suddenly puts out something like B&R, than the director's almost certainly to blame.

tpaquin
Originally posted by Leafar
No, it really isn't bull$hit. I saw the report on Entertainment Tonight. Clooney was getting an award for something. He may have been drunk... sick
Oh, wow. In that case, he's a frigging loon.

Or drunk.

munkiesarus
At a recent party, George Clooney blamed Joel Schumacher, who directed "Batman and Robin", for the failure of the previous Batman movie. "I could have been dark and mysterious..." he said. "It was Joel's idea to put on the nipples...he told me I was doing a musical."

laughing

Batman and Robin...on Ice!

JediMasterLuke5

laughing
Yes the Plot of the movie was terrible. Batman & Robin was a total let down.

SpyCspider
Yes, he was horrible as Batman in the movie. But given his acting experience in ER and Ocean's Eleven, I can't help thinking he could've adapted if he knew or cared about how Batman really should be like. He just had to stop looking like a sweater-wearing cuddly Dad and put some scowl to that ever-smiling face. Maybe somebody should've kicked him between the legs...tha'd piss off anyone.

Joker1237
I saw they were on Drugs imo.

WindDancer
I blame WB for being greedy and careless with the Franchise.

Leafar
Originally posted by WindDancer

I blame the Liberal Media. laughing

tpaquin
I blame the communist pigs sent from their mother russia to exterminate us.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by WindDancer

yes

NoFate007
"I blame the internet, and the return of swing music." - Mel Gibson, The Simpsons

Morning_Glory
that Batman movie sucked

Kieralinn
Let's see...all things wrong with Batman & Robin:

1. Joel Schumacher

2. Bat-nipples!!

3. Script

4. Glow in the dark florescent Gotham city

5. Batgirl

6. Batgirl being Alfred's neice WTF!?

7. Bane being a throw away wimp on steriods (granted he is on the venom stuff, but he is hardly a throw away dumb wimp)

8. The music score (why didn't they just stick with Elfman's?)

9. Joel Schumacher (he gets 2 spots!!)

10. EVERYTHING!!

Yep,,that pretty much covers it.

Sileas
Originally posted by Kieralinn

1. Joel Schumacher

2. Bat-nipples!!

3. Script

5. Batgirl

7. Bane being a throw away wimp on steriods (granted he is on the venom stuff, but he is hardly a throw away dumb wimp)

10. EVERYTHING!!

hysterical right on! punk

Joker1237
You forgot the one liners,

Why cant I have a car??

Thats why Superman works a lone.

And Worse,

What killed the Dinosaurs???? The Ice Age. GEEZ.

sevenman
Joel Schumacher sucks.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Kieralinn

1. Joel Schumacher

2. Bat-nipples!!

3. Script

5. Batgirl

10. EVERYTHING!!

Add to this:

11. CARTOON SOUND EFFECTS DURING FIGHTS!!!!!!!

12. A Austrian James-Bond-quipping Mr. Freeze.

13. All vehicles in the movie were toys first, movie props second - The Bathammer, bathovercraft, and the open top Batmbolibe - makes putting your Batman action figure in a lot easier stick out tongue

tpaquin
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Add to this:

13. All vehicles in the movie were toys first, movie props second - The Bathammer, bathovercraft, and the open top Batmbolibe - makes putting your Batman action figure in a lot easier stick out tongue ....I have that batmobile toy.

Joker1237
Yeah even Mr Freeze had a car. What ever happen to Ivy's and Bane's cars??? They could had LOST more money with that lol.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Add to this:

13. All vehicles in the movie were toys first, movie props second - The Bathammer, bathovercraft, and the open top Batmbolibe - makes putting your Batman action figure in a lot easier stick out tongue

Robin costume looking more like Nightwing costume

wuTa
Clooney is a ****in idoit who couldn't play batman even if bobe kane directed and wrote the script himself

Shumaker should be kicked in the balls by everyone who had the misfortune of seeing batman and robin

-Case Closed

Mainstream
Originally posted by wuTa
Clooney is a ****in idoit who couldn't play batman even if bobe kane directed and wrote the script himself

Shumaker should be kicked in the balls by everyone who had the misfortune of seeing batman and robin

-Case Closed

nightwing fan I see...thoughts on Dick grayson being introduced into the new Batman films by 3 or 4th film wuta?

wuTa
ehhh....hollywood scares me when it comes to dick grayson....i do not want them f*cking up that charactor by making him look like shit or making a shitty film about him....i mean, look what they did to cyclops in x-men, but as long as they grayson justice and he's like 11 or 12 i won't have a problem with it, and they do the story right...like his parents getting killed by zucco and not two-face, but like i said...hollywood scares me when it comes to grayon

Mainstream
ehhh....hollywood scares me when it comes to dick grayson....i do not want them f*cking up that charactor by making him look like shit or making a shitty film about him....i mean, look what they did to cyclops in x-men, but as long as they grayson justice and he's like 11 or 12 i won't have a problem with it, and they do the story right...like his parents getting killed by zucco and not two-face, but like i said...hollywood scares me when it comes to grayon

me too I figure they could do two film with Grayson as Robin...they could fight Bane Clayface, Mr. Freeze and Harley Quin (two of them per movie) then make Grayson Nightwing..(may or may not have to recast him) make him Nightwing by his 3rd appearance..then introduce Jason todd have him killed by his first by definitely by his second big screen appearence....seeing Batman hold his dead body would be cool for the big screen. Clayface and Bane just seem like the type of villians Batman and Robin would team up to fight against..."double teaming foes" if you will.

wuTa
the only problem is that is i dont see bale, and the director, and the writers sticking around for that many films....and that means some big shot hollywood assh*le is gonna thing he can "revolutionize" the batman universe, but all there gonna do is f*ck it up....this is why i'm hoping spiderman stops after 3 films

Mainstream
the only problem is that is i dont see bale, and the director, and the writers sticking around for that many films....and that means some big shot hollywood assh*le is gonna thing he can "revolutionize" the batman universe, but all there gonna do is f*ck it up....this is why i'm hoping spiderman stops after 3 films

I didn't think about that..Bale proberly won't be Batman when Robin begins then again you never know.

Bat Dude
Schumacher, yuck! When I have kids, I will tell them Batman and Robin died. They will ask who did it. And I will just frown and say Joel Schumacher. Seriously, if I had a dollar for everytime I cursed at Mr. Schumacher when I watch Forever and B&R, I would have Bruce's fortune.

OB1-adobe
There is a lot of people to point fingers at. None of which I would at the actors though. They are just doing what they are told to do. I almost feel sorry for them. They probably hinted,but did not know how gay that movie was going be.

That movie was doomed at the begining. When the first line of dialog was from an extremely intentionaly unfunny joke from the last film, thats when you realize that these people are not making a movie, but are making a parody on a parody.

Mainstream
yeah that movie was crap to the 30th power

Joker1237
yeahm See what happens if we get the wrong guy, to be in charge of a Batman and Robin movie????

We get Batman and Robin lol.

I dont know why they bother to put the thing out on DVD, and NOW it will get a edition DVD, along with the 3 other Batfilms, Ok Batman 89 should get the edition and MAYBE returns, But Forever and B&R, should NOT get any DVD treatment.

Zahit
Schumacher turned his two batman movies into vehicles for his gay coming-out party....

Mainstream
Originally posted by Zahit
Schumacher turned his two batman movies into vehicles for his gay coming-out party....

"holy gay parade Zahit"

Zahit
"a little cum, little chum?"

sick laughing

Mainstream
eyeballs

Zahit
Honestly though, Batman Begins kicked major A$$.
That movie rocked. I liked it a lot.
Not cartoony or comic-booky in the least.
A real freakin' movie.
Everything was top-notch!!

"It's like a real movie, Jack."

Mainstream
but I"m mainstream

Zahit
"It's like a real movie, Jack."

http://www.filmfashion.nl/stills/boogienights5.jpg

Mainstream
oh I get it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.