Superman Returns plot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Last Son
What you know, what you think you know, or what your little brother has heard. This is the place to put it down. So far, all I know is that the movie takes place after Superman II and it deals with Superman Returning after being gone for 7 years. ( I don't know where he was that whole time) If you know anything else, please put it here.

The Last Son
Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

This was posted on Bluetights.net

Mainstream
cool

DarkCrawler
I thought that it would be entirely new movie...starting from beginning.

Mainstream
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I thought that it would be entirely new movie...starting from beginning.

nope....this movie suppose to loosely take place after part 2 I think.

The Last Son
Yes. There will be some unused footage of Marlon Brandaeu as Jar-El.

BB_hawk
I'm not saying that I know a lot this is what I read and tried to put it together Lois got a child and there is no supervillain in the movie and there should be becouse if there is not you are wasting Superman

The Last Son
Here's the New pic of BR as Superman. I had reserves at first, but this looks really good. I mean good. If you get a chance, see the new Blog at Bluetights.net.

alexanderluthor
this guy is not superman, jss, what r this guys thinking?

The Last Son
He looks like Superman to me. I didn't like him at first, but i know now that he makes one hell of a man of steel.

The Last Son
When Superman goes on his search to Krypton for any survivors Lex is released from prison because there is no one to testify against him, Superman was the main witness.

"Lex raids the fortress of Solitude while Superman has been away. You might remember that he knows the location ever since Superman II. He strips all the technology that he can and tries to create his own Continent with Kryptonian technology which results in Earthquakes throughout the world.

"Lois Lane has a kid and the father is Richard White, right? WRONG, the father is Superman. Remember that in Superman II after he loses his powers he has sex with Lois. Bingo! You might remember that it already has been confirmed that Supes has been gone for six years, how old is the kid? Exactly, the same age.

"You might remember those set pictures from Sydney General Hospital that had signs that said 'Superman Don't Die.' Lex Luthor injures Superman with Kryptonian technology and leaves him in critical condition. Superman needs some sort of transfusion but unfortunately there is no one that has his blood type, or is there? That is where his son comes to the rescue. The blood of the son saves the father!

"You might remember in that in the past Superman has always been compared to Christ, the whole thing of having adoptive parents, not being from earth and becoming the savior of mankind. I think this is Bryan adding another biblical element, the whole life saving blood stuff."

Meanwhile, a clip of Superman Lives played at Comic-Con. It's described on Bluetights.net as follows: "The footage starts out with a montage of Smallville that's absolutely beautiful. Then we get some shots of young Clark busting through the barn roof, and examining his baby ship. We then jump to Martha Kent and Ben Hubbard in the house staring out the window in horror, apparently looking at Clark's crashing ship. Then there's the shots of Martha approaching the ship. We cut to a shot Singer described in the Kent Farm blog about Brandon sitting up into the frame in front of the window. We then cut to Metropolis with a lot of shots that look into the relationships between the characters. Superman's return has prompted Perry to tell Lois to write an article about Superman, though she's very opposed to it. Richard White, her current boyfriend also is shown being a bit jealous of Lois having Superman back in her life. We got several shots of Superman and Superman with Lois, and they look absolutely FANTASTIC together. One great quote from Brandon in the clip was 'That place was a graveyard. I'm the only one left.' One presumes he was talking about Krypton, but we shall all see. Near the end we got some very cool, yet brief shots of Spacey as Luthor holding a Kryptonian crystal in his hand. The big finale was an animated live shot of the storyboard picture that showed Superman hovering over the clouds, but with the added bonus of him streaking down toward the earth, creating a sonic boom on the way. It was amazing."

Bob Gough
7/20/2005
Source: IESB

Zod4Life
I still think that Zod is going to be in this movie.It'll wrap up the Zod saga for good if he is in ''Superman Returns''.

Harvey Dent
I want to see Brainiac in this movie.

Zod4Life
Me too.Either him or General Zod.

The Last Son
both of thos villans are weak. I want to see Darkseid.

I think they def should of started the new Superman movie from the beginning, i honestly never get tired of hearing the origins story...i mean with all the new technology and special effects we have for movies it deserves retelling..yeah the christopher reeves version is great but i think starting from scratch is the only way to truelly give a great hero like superman justice....They did it with Batman and it worked really well, and Superman is a better character so he deserves the same treatment
The whole wonderment of superman is when the peopl of earth are first introduced to him....they're reactions and how he's recieved is worth retelling

Superman 24
I don't care what they do, I just hope it's a good movie.

DarthLazious
Cool.

Grammaton
Giving Superman a son? I dont know if thats a good idea...

BB_hawk
It not a good idea to give Superman a child it just don't make sense why they would want to go that fare.

BB_hawk
Here is the costume Bryan Singer is using in the new movie that he got from the comic book and it was ugly in the comic book too but it was the 1930's so it was ok but not in these days it is.

jedi90
Originally posted by The Last Son
When Superman goes on his search to Krypton for any survivors Lex is released from prison because there is no one to testify against him, Superman was the main witness.

"Lex raids the fortress of Solitude while Superman has been away. You might remember that he knows the location ever since Superman II. He strips all the technology that he can and tries to create his own Continent with Kryptonian technology which results in Earthquakes throughout the world.

"Lois Lane has a kid and the father is Richard White, right? WRONG, the father is Superman. Remember that in Superman II after he loses his powers he has sex with Lois. Bingo! You might remember that it already has been confirmed that Supes has been gone for six years, how old is the kid? Exactly, the same age.

"You might remember those set pictures from Sydney General Hospital that had signs that said 'Superman Don't Die.' Lex Luthor injures Superman with Kryptonian technology and leaves him in critical condition. Superman needs some sort of transfusion but unfortunately there is no one that has his blood type, or is there? That is where his son comes to the rescue. The blood of the son saves the father!

"You might remember in that in the past Superman has always been compared to Christ, the whole thing of having adoptive parents, not being from earth and becoming the savior of mankind. I think this is Bryan adding another biblical element, the whole life saving blood stuff."

Meanwhile, a clip of Superman Lives played at Comic-Con. It's described on Bluetights.net as follows: "The footage starts out with a montage of Smallville that's absolutely beautiful. Then we get some shots of young Clark busting through the barn roof, and examining his baby ship. We then jump to Martha Kent and Ben Hubbard in the house staring out the window in horror, apparently looking at Clark's crashing ship. Then there's the shots of Martha approaching the ship. We cut to a shot Singer described in the Kent Farm blog about Brandon sitting up into the frame in front of the window. We then cut to Metropolis with a lot of shots that look into the relationships between the characters. Superman's return has prompted Perry to tell Lois to write an article about Superman, though she's very opposed to it. Richard White, her current boyfriend also is shown being a bit jealous of Lois having Superman back in her life. We got several shots of Superman and Superman with Lois, and they look absolutely FANTASTIC together. One great quote from Brandon in the clip was 'That place was a graveyard. I'm the only one left.' One presumes he was talking about Krypton, but we shall all see. Near the end we got some very cool, yet brief shots of Spacey as Luthor holding a Kryptonian crystal in his hand. The big finale was an animated live shot of the storyboard picture that showed Superman hovering over the clouds, but with the added bonus of him streaking down toward the earth, creating a sonic boom on the way. It was amazing."

Bob Gough
7/20/2005
Source: IESB

i hope he didn't fly to krypton. that would be impossible seeing how there is no yellow sun and only a red one. plus, isn't krypton suppose to be lightyears away. even superman can't fly that fast. having lex going to the fotress of solitude doesn't make sense because in the uncut version of superman 2, superman destroys the place (ask anyone whos ever seen it) after defeating zod, thats why u never see it again after that in the sequels. how can they give superman a transfusion, hes the man of steel.

Cop_This!
im not really a superman fan but one once said scrunched balls ain't the down fall.
big grin big grin

DarthLazious
So when does this movie come out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.