History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Can someone please tell me a list of all of the history. No SS crap please.

General Bondius
what history, and whats SS????

Darth Zion
Originally posted by General Bondius
what history, and whats SS????

supershadow

Darth_Glentract
Star Wars history

General Bondius
you want like a list of all the novels, comics, movies, series and all that???

Darth_Glentract
Just what happened when and what it was about. Major events before.

Darth Panzerus
Okay, here goes (Correct me if I'm wrong because I've only recently gotten into EU stuff but it's great). Most of these are from books that usually have a time line in them(Some of the old NJO books I think). Also check the makers of the comics (darkhorse). Darkhorse had a good timeline.

B.B.Y = Before the Battle of Yavin (in other words, before Episode IV)

25,000 B.B.Y. - Republic is created when hyperspace is introduced, Jedi order is created (Supershadow says 'Kaja Sinis' created was the first Jedi but I have yet to find that name anywhere on line or in the books so I wouldn't believe it if I were you). Great schism takes place between Jedi and those who tap into the dark side. In a battle/war (very vague references to the first schism) they dark Jedi are defeated and retreat. They settle on Korriban, conquer the native Sith who can use the force (not like Jedi, but more like witchcraft but are unaware of the concept of 'the Force'), and proclaim themselves 'Sith Lords'.

For a long time the Sith Empire grows (Tales of the Jedi series by Dark Horse Comics ) and its past knowledge of the Republic is lost. Marka Ragnos was in charge during the Golden Age of the Sith(He held the title 'Dark Lord of the Sith'. He knew of the Republic and didn't want to expand the Empire for the risk of accidentally rediscovering the Republic and having to fight a large war with the Republic and Jedi.

5,000 B.B.Y. - Marka Ragnos dies, Naga Sadow claims the title of Dark Lord but it is disputed by Ludo Kressh. (Again, this is all from the Tales of the Jedi series. No other comic or book, that I know of, covers this far back. It was released in the early 90's.) 2 explorers, seeking out new Hyperspace lanes, stumble upon the Sith Empire. After a series of events(sorry, don't feel like rehashing all the information), the Sith fleet is led back to Republic space and the Great Hyperspace War begins. Don't ask why it's called a 'Hyperspace' War because that was just the name the guys gave it. Naga Sadow was betrayed, he tried to retreat but was pursued by Republic forces. He made his escape between 2 unstable stars. As he left, he used his powers to create a large solar flare (or something) between the stars which completelly destroyed the Republic Forces chasing him and the rest of his Sith Armada who was fighting a delaying action. He went to Yavin IV, there he became the ruler of the native Massassi people and had them build great monuments (hence the Massassi temples...meaning that the rebel hangar in epIV is an ancient Sith temple! Cool). I forgot how he died but he had his spirit entombed in one of the temples.

1000 years later

4000 B.B.Y. - The Great Sith War. Those of you who are Exar Kun and Ulic-qel Droma fans already know about this. Those of you who've played KOTOR are probably aware of some of these references. Note: The Sith war in KOTOR is different than the ones of Exar and Ulic. There's a 40 year difference as explained in the game. (*Looks at what I've wrote*. Shit. I'm a Star Wars Nerd wacko ) Anywhos... A Jedi named Freedon Nadd finds Naga Sadow's temple and learns of the dark side. He learns the ways of the Sith and goes to the Empress Teta system ... Okay, here, I am out of my league. Don't know much about the creation of the Krath, and stuff. Only what I know from the 'Essential Guide to Characters' (the old, orange version). Here goes... Freedon Nadd takes over the system and when he dies he leaves a 'dark taint' on the planet that forever corrupts the planet's leaders. (I think the planet is Onderon in the Empress Teta System, again, read the comics if you're interested.) (At this point, someone please correct me if you find any falsehoods. I will not lower myself to be another SuperShadow. He tricked me once - Blast!) His powers influenced the chlildren of the ruler. These were Satal and Aleema Keto. They killed their parents and ruled. Then there was a civil war - the called it the 'Beast Wars' because of the primitive nature or something (again, I'm not too sure). So Ulic Qel-Droma, along with his master, and Nomi Sunrider(I think), and another Jedi (a Twi'lek) go to bring peace. They do. But then the followers of Freedon Nadd stage an uprising and the system is plunged into war again. This time they fend off the Republic fleet and the resulting war (not yet the Great Sith War) results in many Jedi's deaths. The entire Jedi Order convenes on a planet (Deneba?) to discuss what to do. The planet is attacked by the Krath (the order that Satal and Aleema Keto belong to and is influenced by Sith teachings) and Ulic's master is killed. To avenge his death, he infiltrates the Krath. (Damn, now that school's over I have A LOT of free time laughing out loud ). He infiltrates the Krath and Nomi Sunrider, now in love with him, comes to check up on him. She allows herself to be captured and Ulic, as a test of loyalty to the Krath, must kill her. He doesn't, however, and she is free to escape. But the Sith poison in his blood has tainted him. He has now falled to the Dark side.

Meanwhile...

Most people already know about Exar Kun so I won't post much...

He went to Korriban and found Sith artifacts. He joined the Dark Side. He saw Ulic as a rival and sought him out ... to kill him. He found him just as Ulic killed Satal Keto (Or Aleema, I forget who). THey fight, until Exar's glowing Sith amulet shows them a vision/hologram/whatever where Marka Ragnos(pretty sure) grants them the title of Sith master(Exar) and Sith apprentice(Ulic). And then the Great Sith War begins...yada yada...

Ulic betrays Exar and Exar flees to Korriban. When the Republic fleet bombards him he retreats into his temple and drains the life force of the entire Massassi race. (geeze, what a jerk). His body is destroyed but his spirit haunts the temple - later to trouble an older Master Skywalker as he is busy training the new Jedi order.

40 years later...

The Sith WAr with Revan and Malak. Play KOTOR(Sorry, but I've already written a lot).

Now this one is a bit tricky
2,000 B.B.Y. - the Battle of Ruusan (look up dark horse comics, Lord Kaan, or Darth Bane on Google if you wish). This is kinda weird because in E.U. it was was 2,000 years. But in the movies it's always been 'a republic that has stood for a thousand years' or the 'Sith were destroyed a millenium ago'. Either way, it makes no real difference, I guess. Lord Kaan is leading the new Sith against the Jedi. Jedi Master Hoth(don't know if there's a relation between him and the planet Hoth) are all killed at the Battle of Rusaan - Except Darth Bane. As you know from Star Wars Episode I: The Visual Dictionary(and, I guess, other sources), Darth Bane is the Sith who established the 'rule of two', a master and an apprentice. According to SS, his apprentice was Darth Seer. Again, I am skeptical of this so don't hold me to that last remark.

30 B.B.Y. (30, give or take) Battle of Naboo and the prequel trilogy

Then the OT and then some New Jedi Order stuff including the invasion by the Ssi-Ruuk and the Yuuzhan Vong.

I haven't read those yet, sorry.

Sorry, I wrote so much. Hope it helps and please correct me when I'm wrong. I love the Star Wars universe and I love history. Naturally, Star Wars History is very fascinating for me.

Darth Koroni
Correction, Exar Kun fled to Yavin IV, not Korriban. If he did flee to Korriban his soul wouldn't stay intact.

Darth Panzerus
Oh, right, thanks. I'll edit that. Feel free to point out any mistakes or ask any questions - not that I have all the answers.

Darth Panzerus
Blast, can't edit it. Doesn't really matter. Anyways, I have a question: does anyone know what series Darth Bane was covered in? And the battle of rusaan and stuff.

Darth_Glentract
Bane is from the short story "Bane of the Sith".

Thanks a lot for the info. I was hoping for some info on the hundred year darkness. Thanks again.

Fishy
750 years before Kotor

The reign of Tulak Hord and the destruction of Coruscant stick out tongue

Well not really i'm just writing that crap right now.

Darth Panzerus
Sorry, I've never even heard of the 'hundred year darkness' but it sounds like it has something to do with either Sith or dark Jedi.

Were the Sith from KOTOR I (haven't played KOTOR II, yet) like Tulak Hord and Ajunta Paul ever mentioned in other sources?

Tulak Hord
I personally don't know. I only heard of Ajunta Pall from KOTOR. (That game is a learning experience). All I know about Tulak Hord is he was the greatest saber duelest of all time, and taught the infamous Naga Sadow and the backstabbing Ludo Kresh.

Fishy
Tulak did not teach Sadow and Kresh, he didn't live in their time...

And nothing is known about Tulak except for that very simple little quote.. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a game about him later, so little is known about him. They probably did that to write a book or create a game or soemthing. And I have heard about Pall before Kotor at least I think so, I just don't know anything about him except for Kotor said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.