Maelstrom VS. Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it?

Debate.

jrodslam
Sinestro.

I may be outdated, but doesnt Maelstrom absorb kinetic energy to make himself stronger? Like Strong Guy?

Does he have other powers?

Sentry
Bio from here:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/maelstrom.htm

Oh, he's not dead. He's still alive and well.

Sentry
Here's another source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maelstrom_%28comics%29

jrodslam
Yea Sinestro wins. big grin

Sentry
How?

jrodslam
By blasting him to oblivion. Plus Sin is capable of moving at FTL speeds.

I think if Sin makes constructs Maelstrom MIGHT be able to absorb, considering they are objects. But the blast are just plasma beams. I doubt Maestrom could absorb that.

Hand to hand would be out of the question.

Sentry
Anything Sinestro does will cause kinetic energy. Sinestro pounds him with a huge yellow hammer, he absorbs the impact. Sinestro blasts him, he absorbs the impact making himself stronger. Wrap him in a bubble? He easily broke out of Quasar's, what makes you think he can't break out of Sinestro's? Sinestro's best bet? Runaway.

Sentry
He absorbed Quasar's.

Khellendros
Maelstrom takes it. He took Quasar down, even cut his friggin hands off. Sinestro won't be flying at FTL speeds or blasting Melstrom when his blood stops flowing to his brain.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
Anything Sinestro does will cause kinetic energy. Sinestro pounds him with a huge yellow hammer, he absorbs the impact. Sinestro blasts him, he absorbs the impact making himself stronger. Wrap him in a bubble? He easily broke out of Quasar's, what makes you think he can't break out of Sinestro's? Sinestro's best bet? Runaway.

I said that IF Sin make constructs, Maelstrom could absorb.

How can he absorb light plasma blasts? Thats not kinetic.

You say he absorbs the impact? So then he has the powers of Bishop AND Strong Guy?

If all else fails, mind control. big grin

jrodslam
Originally posted by Khellendros
Maelstrom takes it. He took Quasar down, even cut his friggin hands off. Sinestro won't be flying at FTL speeds or blasting Melstrom when his blood stops flowing to his brain.

Maestrom controls blood flow? Doesnt he have to be in contact to do that?

WAF3001
Sinestro

Khellendros
Originally posted by jrodslam
I said that IF Sin make constructs, Maelstrom could absorb.

How can he absorb light plasma blasts? Thats not kinetic.

You say he absorbs the impact? So then he has the powers of Bishop AND Strong Guy?

If all else fails, mind control. big grin
You know what Plasma is, right? It's just another state matter can exist in. Superheated and ionized gas. Maelstrom could draw the heat out of it on a subatomic level and just stop the gas itself from coming near him.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Maestrom controls blood flow? Doesnt he have to be in contact to do that?
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.