The Matches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
anyone else dig the matches? i'd always thought they were ok but i took my girlfriend to one of their Aus shows for a b/day present and now i've been sucker punched into their fanbase. so, any other fans?

WAF3001
I like their single: Chain Me Free

tabby999
video for it is pretty cool too

WAF3001
yeah lead singer is hot

tabby999
very cool hair, real nice guy too, after the show he hung out with the crowd and chatted to everyone who wanted to chat and signed stuff, really down to earth

SnakeEyes
I saw them live and they were awesome... They deserved a bigger stage though.

PINBALL
Yeah they did but they are a cool band still

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Agreed.

WAF3001
For 'Chain Me Free' video, the band had to play/sing backwards!!!

tabby999
Chris Martin and Jack Johnson have done it for their videos too, looks really cool

WAF3001
Yeah, on Steven's Untitled Rock Show, The lead singer o Matches song backwards. IT sounded awesome

SnakeEyes
Yeah, it must of been pretty tough...

Kumar
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Yeah, i always thought they were a little bigger than that. i mean, i know they aren't super popular but i think they deserved at least one of the not-tiny stages. Even The Unseen got a bigger stage and they are super horrible. go figure

StinkFist462
never heard of them until isaw them at warped, they are pretty good.

SnakeEyes
And if Stinkfist likes em, then they must have potential! Anyway, this band deserves a bump. I have now officially heard pretty much all of their album, and every song is great. There isn't one that I don't like.

RedAlertv2
Yeah they are definitely one of my favorite bands right now. Ive been into this band ever since their performance at Warped Tour.

tabby999
they're coming back to Aus for a tour with Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger, dont really care for RBF and Goldfinger are ok, but i dont think i'll be able to go. depends on lots of things

RedAlertv2
they are definitely cool live

SnakeEyes
BUMP

They've got some newer songs that aren't on the album, such as "Shoot Me In The Smile." It's pretty good (I think).

joeykangaroo
love them

SnakeEyes
Ignoring above comment...

Anyway, they released a live album a little while ago, which could be cool. They were great on Warped Tour last year.

tabby999
Shoot Me In The Smile is a pretty sweet song, off the Punk-O-Rama cd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.