Palpatine's Master Plan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel Sith
What was Palp's original Plan???
One thing is for sure, he really wanted that treaty signed in Menace - How would have getting that signed helped him??
Did he know that he would ultimately get anakin in the end or did it just work out that way??
and just for an added bonus, how would have it worked out if anakin never even existed????

Darth Macabre
Maybe he wanted the treaty signed so when he was elected Chancellor, he could settle the dispute therefore looking like a hero to the people?

DenKi
im not sure to be honest, i think he would of Kept Maul since he prob taught him when he was very young, but i would like somone to tell me the full story.

vader1
All I know is that Palpatine has been planning to rule the galaxy ever since TPM. He used the senators of Naboo as puppets practically, first saying that Amidala should have a vote of no confidence in Valorrum, then in AOTC he used Jar Jar to give him emergency powers to him so he could get the clones.

vader1
S*** Sorry erase the "to him" after emergency powers.

General Zodiac
I believe that the treaty was to gain the trust of the Trade Fed. and to draw them into the CIS so that he could begin the Clone War and give birth to the Galactic Empire. After all he had the clones being made for 10 years. The length in between 1 and 2.

matreid
Originally posted by vader1
S*** Sorry erase the "to him" after emergency powers.

Just use the edit button next time.yes

ImperialPEZ
I watched TPM yesterday and was wondering the same thing. He adamantly says, "I want that treaty signed." Also, Maul was to capture the Queen on Tatooine and take her back to Naboo to sign the treaty. If she had signed it, the invasion would have been legal, so I'm not sure how it would have helped Senator Palpatine or Darth Sidious (one in the same).

Darth_Rankkor
It would have helped cause though the treaty was signed, she would still appeal for the senate and senator palpatine eventually would have gain the votes necessary for election. IMO it would all end the same, though through a different way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.