What is this fixation with Popularity?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spideys Sister
I don't understand...I'm going to high school in september and I want to know...who the hell wants to be popular? what the Freak is the point? I may not be around much to post antmore anywho...My free internets running out...

SlipknoT
People Like acceptance...

dark1365
Yes. Including me.

Spideys Sister
F*ck what they like...I'm a loner in real life....no one likes me. I could give less a F*ck than anything.Sorry....Thanks for you opinion.

Coldfire
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I don't understand...I'm going to high school in september and I want to know...who the hell wants to be popular? what the Freak is the point? I may not be around much to post antmore anywho...My free internets running out...
It's good to be popular, but not overly so, otherwise it just leads to problems with many others....

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by SlipknoT
People Like exceptance...

Don't you mean acceptance? And yes people do. From what I know, being popular ensures that you will be made fun of less and people will "Like" you more (even if they don't really like you). Popularity isn't actually all that important, but most of your peers and a good amount of the stundent body think it is. My brother knows people who were popular jerks in high school, but afterwards, they realize that it isn't vital... (all of that was just my opinion by the way)

Darth L. Dipsit
F*ck what they like...I'm a loner in real life....no one likes me. I could give less a F*ck than anything.Sorry....Thanks for you opinion.

Don't be down on yourself. Be happy! We can be friends! You can be friends with everyone here!jump

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Don't be down on yourself. Be happy! We can be friends! You can be friends with everyone here!jump KMC isn't a loner place...I'm very outgoing online...it's reality I suck at...Thats why I watch Sports play videogame and read comic books.

Darth L. Dipsit
Well, if you're secure with your friends here, then that's cool! Outgoing is good, and if you're on-terms with your life in the real world and accept it enough to express your feelings about it here, then you seem cool enough to me.

Coldfire
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Don't you mean acceptance? And yes people do. From what I know, being popular ensures that you will be made fun of less and people will "Like" you more (even if they don't really like you). Popularity isn't actually all that important, but most of your peers and a good amount of the stundent body think it is. My brother knows people who were popular jerks in high school, but afterwards, they realize that it isn't vital... (all of that was just my opinion by the way)
Well ya you'll be made fun of less by the people you hang out with... but the "uncool" kids won't necessarily love them. It's not the most important thing in the world to be hugely popular. I mean, I've been at the high school for 2 years now, I've made lots of friends, and though I'm not hugely popular, I'm fine with it. The preps I stay away from, cuz they aren't anything special (and of the ones in my school, nearly all of them are total sluts), though I'm friends with some. Keep the friends you have, make some new ones, and don't do it just to be popular. Just be yourself and have fun yes

The Russian

Ok i'm a junior in HS and i agree wit you 100% but popularity is just an excuse to for people to pick on other people, so screw whatever other people think and mainly depend on what you and your friends think............................if that just made any sense at all

Spideys Sister
Well, if you're secure with your friends here, then that's cool! Outgoing is good, and if you're on-terms with your life in the real world and accept it enough to express your feelings about it here, then you seem cool enough to me. Thanks but still...This is the worst thought to cross a teens mind"OMG WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE ME! WHAT IF I DON'T MAKE THE TEAM?!" who the hell cares it's what you think of you....

Lana
I think that popularity is totally overrated and is frankly rather shitty. All it does is make the really popular people think they're better than everyone else. Which they aren't.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Lana
I think that popularity is totally overrated and is frankly rather shitty. All it does is make the really popular people think they're better than everyone else. Which they aren't. THANK YOU!

Coldfire
I think that popularity is totally overrated and is frankly rather shitty. All it does is make the really popular people think they're better than everyone else. Which they aren't.
yes Exactly. You don't have to be really really popular to have lots of friends

The Tired Hiker
Lots of popular kids don't even try to be popular, they just are. Then there's the pack, and the ladies, and the wannabes, it's just a scene. Unfortunately it's the most prevalent scene in high school. God I'm glad high school is over for me. I do not feel sorry for you kids at all. *snap snap* laughing out loud

dark1365
If I gained popularity in the ranks, I would swear an oath BEFOREHAND that I would never desert my current friends, never think above the clouds....etc.

Darth L. Dipsit
High school - interesting days. Anyways, I always figured the most important thing was to remain a sensitive and contributing human being. Cool was a concept that is way nebular, man! As long as you're nice and have depth, that's all!

Coldfire
High school - interesting days. Anyways, I always figured the most important thing was to remain a sensitive and contributing human being. Cool was a concept that is way nebular, man! As long as you're nice and have depth, that's all!
yes That's what I try to do; I'm nice to nearly everyone, and they're nice back. Keeps things civil most of the time... especially between fueding friends and such...

Darth L. Dipsit
Of course! Diplomacy is key!

Peace, friend.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Coldfire
yes That's what I try to do; I'm nice to nearly everyone, and they're nice back. Keeps things civil most of the time... especially between fueding friends and such... Nearly?

Next Venom_girl
Grrr... High School. That brings back memories I'd rather have removed. "Popular" kids run in clique little packs, make fun of anyone who does not look and act like one of their clones, and are generally hated by everyone.

The social lessons high school teaches you: People suck.

Lana
Nearly?

Well, it's impossible to be nice to everyone.

Coldfire, I can tell you from experience that that's a very tiring position to be in....

Damn I'm glad I'm done with high school.

Coldfire
Nearly?
There's just some people you can NOT be civil to, no matter how hard you try....

Well, it's impossible to be nice to everyone.

Coldfire, I can tell you from experience that that's a very tiring position to be in....

Damn I'm glad I'm done with high school.
It's a very tiring experience yeah. I really wish I was done with it already

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Grrr... High School. That brings back memories I'd rather have removed. "Popular" kids run in clique little packs, make fun of anyone who does not look and act like one of their clones, and are generally hated by everyone.

The social lessons high school teaches you: People suck. Clones meaning...blonde with fifty body peircing and all sorts o BS

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by Coldfire
There's just some people you can NOT be civil to, no matter how hard you try....

It's a very tiring experience yeah. I really wish I was done with it already

Well, you seem very nice to me! You're civil to everyone here.

alcoholicpoet
Be yourself and be friends with people like you and HS will be a breeze, it has been for me thus far.

Coldfire
Well, you seem very nice to me! You're civil to everyone here.
Thanks hug I'm civil to everyone on here unless they give me a specific reason to not do so.... and there's only been a few of those....

Darth L. Dipsit
Without a doubt! Just wanted to say that, as far as I'm concerned, you're really neat!

Morbid4Daniel

Uh...well Preps are popular..or at least they try to be, or say they are.

Im popular..but its natural. I just started talking to a few goths/wierdies and now I hang out with about 20-30 in a specific spot in the hall every morning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.