Was Mace Windu turning to the Dark Side ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Is it possible that Mace Windu might have turned to the dark side at some point? I mean, in the fight with Palpatine, toward the end, he seems really angry. (Anger is the path to the dark side).

When Anakin tries to talk him out of killing an unarmed man (Something that is against the jedi code of honour and a Jedi master like Windu should follow strictly) Windu says that palpatine is 'too dangerous to be kept alive', which is exactly what Palpatine says when Anakin is about to kill Dooku.

Was Windu perhaps showing hints of the dark side just before he died?

DeVi| D0do
The Jedi are hypocrits.

PVS
anger and strong conviction are not one and the same.
mace had a good reason for killing palps, and thought rationally to
come to that decision, as he explains. the only solution was to kill palps
then and there.

Ragnarok_AU
someone said about mace windu using the darkside to power Vaapad.

PVS
Vaapad is not canon.

DeVi| D0do
EU ALERT! EU ALERT! Run for your lives!

I agree with PVS, he really had no choice, as he said - Palpatine was in control of the courts...

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS
Vaapad is not canon.

Granted. But Mace Windu looking all pissed off is canon. I saw it as the same thig Luke did when he flipped out on Vader in ROTJ, only more controlled. Sure, Windu was pissed off, but he channeled his anger through the force and used it to his advantage.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by PVS
anger and strong conviction are not one and the same.
mace had a good reason for killing palps, and thought rationally to
come to that decision, as he explains. the only solution was to kill palps
then and there.

Exactly. Being determined on something doesn't make you evil. And besides, the jedi acted like judges in some disputes.

matreid
Mace Windu was going to do what was right. I mean, three of his best friends were killed right there on the spot. Many other jedi died due to Palpatine aswell (he just realised it). He was angry but I think he was controlling it well.

Captain REX
The Jedi had no control over the Courts. That was all in Palpatine's hands. Mace really did have no choice but to kill Palpatine...but he failed, because he got PWN'D. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Mace may have been a tad angry, but he wasn't pissed off enough to take him to the Dark Side; he was just fighting the good battle. You don't have to be emotionless when fighting as a Jedi, you know...

Darth_Rankkor
Maybe if he DID turn he would still be alive

Robin Darkside
The Jedi were confused, they had to take over the senate to secure a peaceful transition.
But, your right, the Jedi were failing....
They only followed to code, which Quigon didn't, which makes him the man.

Captain REX
Wooo...

Darth Travizzle
No, he wasn't turning to the darkside... he WAS too dangerous to be kept alive. And as others have commented, he ruled the courts.

Dresta
what are you talking about windu was very calm almost a perfect jedi. in his fight with palps he fought cooly and calmly just because he scrunched up his face that doesn't mean anything.

General Bondius
Vaapad takes mace near to the dark side, and that why much members of the order dont even try it, but it doesnt take mace to the dark side

WindDancer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The Jedi are hypocrits.

Ditto...plus arrogant, snobs, and dumb (the future is too clouded..bah!)

Darth Zenemij
stick out tongue Mace Windu sucks anyway. He should have died sooner. Happy Dance

Stealth Agent
YOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TAKE THAT BACK! Mace windu doe's not suck!!!

Darth Zenemij
MACE WINDU SUCKS!!! who had a purple lightsaber these days any way?

master Drallig
MACE WINDU RUUUUUUUULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thats the point !!!

Darth Zenemij
No the point is that Windu sucks beacuse he was... I don't remember... he had a purple light saber.

General Bondius
Yeah, he had a purple light saber and your signature is a poem its exactly the samen, it doesnt mean anything!!!

Captain REX
Originally posted by Dresta
what are you talking about windu was very calm almost a perfect jedi. in his fight with palps he fought cooly and calmly just because he scrunched up his face that doesn't mean anything.

Bingo!

Bingo!
Originally posted by General Bondius
Vaapad takes mace near to the dark side, and that why much members of the order dont even try it, but it doesnt take mace to the dark side

Mostly EU! And other Jedi don't use it because Mace Windu invented Form VIb, or Vaapad. Wooo...

Besides, Mace was one of the top swordsman in the Order, if not the top. I should have liked to see him fight Dooku...but he fought Palpatine, and won, whether by Palpatine's tricks and playing the weaker swordsman or by straight out kicking his ass. Pretty tough to fight a powerful Sith Lord, even if he did come out on top/as a pawn.

Mstr GEKA
He ruuuuuules.... No He suuuuuuuuycks.... No I told you that he ruuuuuules.... But it sucks....

Who know what mace could have been.... let's face it S.L. Jackson sucks...

Or should we thank him for the purple light saber... and the bad acting.

Captain REX
That's uplifting, Mstr GEKA. You're cool. Let's see you in a Star Wars movie, I'm sure you'd do better. big grin

Mstr GEKA
Have I upset anyone..? I am no actor... That might come from GL directing... but I was so disapointed with SL J acting in this movie...

Let see me in a Star Wars Movie.... Which one? Hope I could (even if I would be quite ridiculous) just to know that it does not end here.

Captain REX
Heh! At least you took it well. Nevermind, then, I'll let you be...

I would have to say that SLJ's acting came from the script and having to be an idol of Jedi Masters everywhere. That means not being his usual self, after all.

Darth Zenemij
SLJ had some horrible acting in that movie. I don't really like him as an actor, I like him in a few other movies, but thats it.

Captain REX
Now, if Mace had lines like this...

MACE: Hey, mothaf***a, I'm gonna rip you a new ass with my purple pimp-cup lightsaber, b****!

...then SLJ would have done a great job. He's good at that.

SLJ: I'm not shouting, this is the way I talk!

Mstr GEKA
Originally posted by Captain REX
Heh! At least you took it well. Nevermind, then, I'll let you be...

Strong the force with me is. Biased by your passion you are...
Hard sometimes it is to know when to keep it shut. Trained I am.

Captain REX
Jolly good, you're not a generic new guy, then. big grin

dflood
i think anakin was showing signs of turning to the dark side wen he joined palps , killed younglings,called himself darth vader and killed obi wan ,...............was there a chance he cud have turned to the darkside

Robin Dickside
I think KMC is gonna die a horrible death, and continue..

PVS
Originally posted by Robin Dickside
I think KMC is gonna die a horrible death, and continue..

and i hope you die a horrible death smile

DenKi
this is going to get like the Matrix forum

dflood
yeah but dickside is posting stupid things

Gunship Pilot
Vaapad is the reason anakin failed against count dooku in AOTC...remember their fight...

DeVi| D0do
No it isn't.

dflood
the reason anikan failed was coz he was

1---a padawan

2---cocky

3---dooku was too powerful

SolomnicKnight
Mace windu might have tapped into the darkside but he never turned, a jedi does not act to destroy an opponent but to destroy the danger that an opponent poses, palps more than qualified for that

JKozzy
Originally posted by Darth Zenemij
MACE WINDU SUCKS!!! who had a purple lightsaber these days any way? SLJ cool

Tptmanno1
*Sigh*
Lucas clearly states that the only people who muck around in turning light and dark are the Skywalkers.
Everyone else is clearly defined and stay that way.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by dflood
the reason anikan failed was coz he was

1---a padawan

2---cocky

3---dooku was too powerful

Only cuz Anakin was cocky, the other 2 are nill factors cuz look at Obiwan and Maul. Obiwan is very cool and level-headed which is what gave him a powerful advantage over the Sith and even other Jedi.

DiamondBullets
...then again Dooku was pretty level-headed as well.

jango fat
Originally posted by king_arthur
Is it possible that Mace Windu might have turned to the dark side at some point? I mean, in the fight with Palpatine, toward the end, he seems really angry. (Anger is the path to the dark side).

When Anakin tries to talk him out of killing an unarmed man (Something that is against the jedi code of honour and a Jedi master like Windu should follow strictly) Windu says that palpatine is 'too dangerous to be kept alive', which is exactly what Palpatine says when Anakin is about to kill Dooku.

Was Windu perhaps showing hints of the dark side just before he died? The worst pointless thread since i've been here that's already more than a yearn, man
big grin

Captain REX
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
Vaapad is the reason anakin failed against count dooku in AOTC...remember their fight...

Dooku did not use Vaapad. Only Mace Windu used Vaapad, as well as a few other EU characters. Dooku used Form II.

jango fat
Dooku 's certainly the best skilled swordfighter in Star-Wars

Valar Melkor
It's true that Dooku is the most skilled in lightsabre in the galaxy. Windu is outstanding, no doubt about that, but Tyranus is the best. HIs is graceful and elegant, but especially made for combat. AS i stipulated earlier, Jedi were mostly trained for defence from laser blasts. None of them were trained to fight against another light sabre.

And therefore comes the reality of the matter. The reason the 3 Jedi fell against Sidious. They were not prepared for hand to hand lightsabre combat. Their style is ready only for use against droids and so on. Windu on the other hand is prepared for Sidious. Obi Wan's combat is also made for deflcetion of laser bolts. Consqeunetly he wouldnt last against Sidious. Dooku is still the most talented swordmaster in the galaxy. Nobody could dispute this (with the possible exception of Yoda). I will go as far to say that Tyranus would best Sidoius in a lightsabre duel. Remember, a lighsabre combat is not the be all and end all.

jango fat
Yeah, i agree 100 procent with u

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.