Count Dooku vs. ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi NO FORCE POWERS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-KeNinja
Well, Dooku clearly owned Obi-Wan force wise. However, we never got to see them go one-on-one with lightsabers. So throw them both in an arena, cut them both from their force powers and let them duke it out with lightsabers, do you think Obi-Wan stands a chance against the Count?

Lord_Windu
Maybe. Obi-Wan in ROTS is pretty hardcore in terms of lightsaber skills.

OB1-KeNinja
oh shnap, there's another thread on this. My bad.

Clawed The Bum
obi would own doku force wise or not. obi is the most powerful jedi of all time

Emperor Revan
This would be a tough one, but probably Dooku. His style is too good and he was doing well against both Obi and Anakin at the same time.

Lord_Windu
Well, he only fought them both for like less than 10 seconds before he pushed Obi-Wan away. I say Obi-Wan has a chance because his Soresu is almost impenetrable.

Darth_Glentract
Dooku's form would make him better against someone in a fihgt without saber skills. He knew in ep2 he couldn't beat Yoda in force skills so he decided to try and use lightsaber skills.

General Zodiac
I heard that Dooku mastered an old art of lightsaber combat unmatched by anyone in the order.

PloKoonDevotee
This Poll is kinda annoying because you Ask "Does he Stand a Chance?"

Who are you referring to? Obi or Dooku?

Fishy
Obi does not stand a chance, Dooku has a perfect lightsaber style and he perfected it. Obi does not. Dooku wins, more experience more power far smarter, stood a chance against Yoda actualyl defeated Mace once. Would have owned everybody that Obi ever fought in his life. Dooku would own Obi as easy as he did in Rots, Force attacks or no force attacks. It hardly matters

General Zodiac
Dooku didn't own Anakin and Obi faught Anakin. But I say Dooku would defeat Obi.

Darth Calladus
lol dooku wuld whoop his ass even worse then on geonosis and the federation ship

Darth_Janus
Alright, let's get this straight: Dooku uses Makashi, which is the refinement of saber-to-saber fighting as can be found in the SW universe. This means his ability with a lightsaber is limited not by his approach to fighting but by his attunement with the Force as a guide in combat. Obi-Wan, however, excels only in Soresu, the most defensive minded form created by the Jedi Order. The focus of this form is complete defense. Even when Obi-Wan fought Anakin, he never truly took the initiative. He was never really as aggressive as he could have been, and even his final strikes were a defensive measure. Thus, Obi-Wan -may- be able to have a good enough defense to hold out against Dooku for some time or even indefiniately, but he can never take the initiative and destroy the Sith lord. So naturally, Dooku wins; his form does not limit his aggressive potential.

Darth Windu
Janus, 'tis you. Go to your Political Thing Thread and join me in the Jawa Clan under the titles and positions I asked for. Please. Windu out.

Darth_Rankkor
I say dooku wins. Though without force powers he's a duel master. Remember that he was about to finish obi off when anakin intervened. Even in ROTS, the skills of ben improved but not to defeat Dooku

MAKASHIMAN
Makashi is the best(the style not myself) cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.