Count Dooku(Form II) vs. Mace Windu(FORM VII)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthSidiouss
Count Dooku using his form 2 of lightsaber technique vs. Mace Windu using his form 7 lightsaber technique. I know this has been done but i wanna see good reasons why either one would be the victor.

Fishy
Use the search button, plenty of good reasons. And stop wasting space already... **** man

DarthSidiouss
be eeasy

Fishy
I'm just really annoyed with all these worthless threads right now

Dooku vs Obi (TWICE) Haven't you people seen the damn movie
How many threads about Yoda aren't around?
Desann vs Revan being taken serious?

Its a waste of space and time.

General Zodiac
Count Dooku mastered an old lightsaber art that was said to be unmatched with any other Jedi in the order. He even held out against Yoda.

LordYomi13
I'd say Dooku would win. Mace's fighting style is truly unique but Dooku's is used specifically to defend against another sword. They are both master swordsmen anyways. That fight would kick ass!

General Zodiac
I wish Lucas showed that fight. Dooku's style like LordYomi13 said is basically to stand up against another lightsaber.

PloKoonDevotee
It depends on whether Dooku had a bad day or not. It would be an awesome fight.

Dark Thor
mace windu would murder dooku

Vanquish
We must have been watching a different movie. I thought that Yoda totally owned that duel from start to finish. Just because someone doesn't die in 1 minute, doesn't mean he held his own. Dooku fled that fight faster then any other duel in any of the movies. He tried a little lightning, didn't work. He tried some sword fighting, didn't work. Then he bailed like the ***** he is.

BTW: Windu would win this fight

2Tidus!
Windu. His the only person to master FOrm VII and not fall to the dark side, and Form VII is made to confuse your opponent in all tricky moves and then attack him.

HimoKun
Mace. He would find Dooku's Shatterpoint.

LordYomi13
2tidus, he invented vapaad. So it's not exactly like he is the only one to ever master it. And Dooku's one of the greatest swordsmen in the entire saga. His form is used SPECIFICALLY to defend himself against another blade.

And Vanquish, Dooku DID hold his own against yoda. He didn't die did he? He would have lost eventually but he didn't die at least. He was smart and lived to fight another day.

General Zodiac
Dooku retreated because he knew clone troopers would come soon.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Mace and Dookie as of ROTS.....Mace would win....big time.

its been done though.

General Zodiac
Mace can't beat Dooku. Now you will use 'But Mace defeated Sidious' or something like that. Sidious was faking to turn Anakin. And Dooku might have been able to defeat Sidious since he is a powerful Jedi and a more powerful Sith Lord. Sidious got rid of him because he was old and he needed someone younger (Anakin) so he could rule his empire.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
I am fully aware sidious was faking. dooku would never beat his MASTER, darth sidious. mace's vapaad is made for fighting baddies, and yes dookie bested him once. but that was a long time ago, and he is a complete master of vapaad now. sorry, but dookie gets his as$ handed to him.

General Zodiac
Dooku's form II isn't ment for lightsaber dueling? Last I check that was its main purpose. Dooku defeated Obi-Wan the 1 of the greatest Jedi ever easily twice. Both times he was outnumbered.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i never said that mace's was made for "lightsaber dueling"

vapaad is used to fight darkside users specifically, and draw out their shatterpoint. It is also the most powerful of all lightsaber forms.

perhaps u didn't know this?

General Zodiac
I read the 7 forms. But what makes Dooku so underrated?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i never said that, quit puttin words in my mouth u weiner.

dooku is the sh!t, but mace is better.

General Zodiac
Is he?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
yes.

General Zodiac
Form II
The ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat became Form II, advancing the precision of blade manipulation to its finest possible degree and producing the greatest dueling masters the galaxy has ever seen.
Today Form II is an archaism studied by almost no one in the Jedi Order, because it is not relevant to current tactical situations, in which Jedi enemies rarely fight with lightsabers. Even with the resurgence of the Sith, confrontation of an enemy with a lightsaber is an exceedingly rare prospect for a Jedi, so they continue to focus on more practical Forms. Sith expecting to battle lightsaber-wielding Jedi, however, find Form II a powerful technique.

Form II is the chosen discipline of the machiavellian Separatist Count Dooku, who wields it to devastating effect. His utterly precise moves overwhelm Jedi who are not accustomed to the special requirements of lightsaber dueling. With Form II, Dooku holds his own even against Master Yoda.
Acknowledged practitioners: Count Dooku, Exar Kun

Form VII
Only high-level masters of multiple Forms can achieve and control the ultimate descipline known as Form VII. This is the most difficult and demanding of all Forms, but it can eventually lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII employs bold, direct movements, more open and kinetic than Form V but not so elaborate in appearance as Form IV. In addition to very advanced Force-assisted jumps and movements, Form VII tactics overwhelm opponents with seemingly unconnected staccato sequences, making the Form highly unpredictable in battle. This trait makes for a much more difficult execution than the graceful, linked move sequences of Form IV. Form VII requires the intensity of Form V, but much greater energy since that focus is wielded more broadly. Form VII draws upon a deeper well of emotion than even Form V, yet masters it more fully. The outward bearing of a Form VII practitioner is one of calm, but the inner pressure verges on explosion. Form VII is still under development since so few can achieve the necessary mastery to advance the art.

Form VII master Mace Windu fights alongside Form III practitioner Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Battle of Geonosis. This spiritually dangerous regimen cuts perilously close to the Sith intensity of focus on physical combat ability. Mace Windu is one of the only current practitioners of Form VII.

General Zodiac
In case someone doesn't know the forms.
Now let other people decide.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
ah, issue 62 of star wars insider.

probly not ur source, but thats where i know it from.

obi wan uses form 3 and 4 becuz if he only used 3, he would not have beaten anakin......just not have been killed.

has nothing to do with this, im just saying,lol....

and how the hell did exar kunT use form 2 with a double bladed saber? i dont get these things.

General Zodiac
Neither do I.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.