Does God need anything?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
Does God need anything?

If God is all mighty and all knowing, does God need anything?

finti
gods need people to believe in them or else gods die

markie
God is complete in himself but he needs us in order to be God. Without somebody to be god to he is just there.

Pyropsycho
God does have angels that he is God to. He doesn't necessarily need us in order to survive. For reasons we can't fully grasp however, he does want us and love us.

debbiejo
God doesn't need anything...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo

That's what I think too.

Imperial_Samura
Are we really sure he love's us? He has in the past had a funny way of showing it....

And by definition if he is all powerful, then he shouldn't need anything if he exists...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
And by definition if he is all powerful, then he shouldn't need anything if he exists...

This is the point I was trying to bring out. To need is to be incomplete. God is everything and more.

Shakyamunison
JIA, does God need?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
JIA, does God need?

Hmmm. I hope bringing back an old thread to ask a question of JIA is the beginning of some sort of trap you have planned. If so we need Admiral Akbar to jump out at some point.

Shakyamunison
Hmmm. I hope bringing back an old thread to ask a question of JIA is the beginning of some sort of trap you have planned. If so we need Admiral Akbar to jump out at some point.

He will not respond. I just wanted to bring back a couple old threads. I hope that was ok with you. If not I can request that they be closed. big grin

Imperial_Samura
He will not respond. I just wanted to bring back a couple old threads. I hope that was ok with you. If not I can request that they be closed. big grin

No, I'm happy with it, classics never go out of style (I always was surprised this one didn't get more replies) though sad no trap is planned.

Shakyamunison
No, I'm happy with it, classics never go out of style (I always was surprised this one didn't get more replies) though sad no trap is planned.

Trust me, I would trap him if he wasn't so scared of me. wink

fini
a trap huh Shaky?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by fini
a trap huh Shaky?

You can't trap a scardy cat. wink

Alliance
useless

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance
useless

That's what I'm talking about... though for some reason it looks as if the Admiral is naked beneath the cut of point. And that is scary.

Alliance
Sorry. Next time i post squid pron, I'll be more discreet.

JesusIsAlive
No, God doesn't need anything.

Alliance
Actually, we'd prefer if you never really responded to anything.

Wonderer
Does God need anything?

Yup. He needs people to believe that he's allmighty and allknowing, otherwise he loses power and influence rolling on floor laughing .

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
Yup. He needs people to believe that he's allmighty and allknowing, otherwise he loses power and influence rolling on floor laughing .

What would happen to this god if he/she did not get what he/she needed?

Alliance
THat whole fire/brimstone thing.

debbiejo
What would happen to this god if he/she did not get what he/she needed? It would throw a tantum and do this!!

Darth Kreiger
I bet God got bored one day talking to his perfect angels and decided to make Humanity, i.e, God's TV, he doesn't have many ideas left, so he's going to cancel it soon.

On a serious note, no he doesn't need us, according to Chrsitians, he doesn't follow the need Belief System to live thing

Imperial_Samura
Sorry. Next time i post squid pron, I'll be more discreet.

So you should be. If I turn down Cthulhu series lingerie the good Admiral is not going to convince me.

Alliance
It would throw a tantum and do this!!

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

Imperial_Samura
SNAKES ON A PLANE!

Worthy for Samual L. Jackson alone.

debbiejo
No, God would scoop us up and smash us on our heads.....fear

Alliance
Not likely..."he" has no power over reality (if he even exists)

Templares
Does God need anything?

Insurance. Somebody give him insurance. You could never go wrong with insurance.

Alliance
Yeah, especially if you're the insurance company.

Storm
It needs us to believe in it.

Wonderer
What would happen to this god if he/she did not get what he/she needed?
Divine impotence.

Alliance
Originally posted by Storm
It needs us to believe in it.

LIKE FAERIES!

debbiejo
Don't talk that way about fairies!!!

lil bitchiness
Does God need anything?

As its already been said, God needs you to believe in him so he can exist.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
As its already been said, God needs you to believe in him so he can exist.

But a god that needs me is not a god.

BobbyD

Ditto.

Alliance
Don't talk that way about fairies!!!

Well...is it not a valid point?

Everytime you say "I don't believe in faeries," one dies.

Could be the same for gods, especialyl since gods and faeries are both mythical.

debbiejo
How do you know??? laughing out loud

Honest to god I talked to people that swear they see fairies... confused

Maybe a person has to believe in it for it to become real in their life??....hmm

Alliance
If its real...its real. End of story.

debbiejo
If its real...its real. End of story. Who are we to say what is real to people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Some people see ghosts, some see aliens, some see all sorts of things.....

Alliance
Yes, but they are not there. People need to learn that just because they think they saw something, or remember it, doens't mean it happened.

debbiejo
Like you don't exist either???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Techinally, Alliance is just an Avatar.

debbiejo
See.......hahaha laughing out loud

Debbiejo isn't...........lol

Alliance
But you interact with this avatar.

debbiejo
Yes, so me doing so must make YOU REAL to me.......See my point.

Alliance
Yes. But my point is. Its still not real.

But this is an unfair analogy because part of Alliance is real.

debbiejo
What's unfair about it? You think yourself real and I interact with you and find you to be real. Some may interact with something else and find it to be real also. The only difference is that YOU, Alliance, is able and in the same time and space as me to communicate this with print.

Alliance
Yes, because I am real.

The interaction does not make it real. Its a real experience, but its not fact.

However, If you want to deny the physical existance of the man behind the curtain...go ahead.

debbiejo
Yes, because I am real.

The interaction does not make it real. Its a real experience Yes, though I am not talking about a such type god.......There IS something. And ok.......I do inter react with you......so then you are real to me, but not really as you have said because I just had an experience with you and that doesn't make you real....

YOU are just an experience and so with that may not be real.

Alliance
Ok. I am just a manifestation of the internet...making me god.

debbiejo
In a fact, yes........If you understand what I really mean........to believe IN YOU makes you real......

lil bitchiness
But a god that needs me is not a god.

Which is exactly the point which is being made.

Alliance
In a fact, yes........If you understand what I really mean........to believe IN YOU makes you real......

I understand what you mean, but I dont agree. Just because you experience something does not mean that it is real.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Which is exactly the point which is being made.
Hey! lil bitchiness, please don't make my point look less valid.

Alliance
no

debbiejo
I understand what you mean, but I dont agree. Just because you experience something does not mean that it is real. Yet many people here have experience you, and yet others that haven't could say YOU ARE NOT REAL...

Alliance
Yes. That is correct. So...my point is, just because you experience something...does not mean its real.

debbiejo
It is an individual experience though...............I have experience it..........yet it is not the god of the bible.........yet there is something.........It makes it real too me............not you, cause you don't acknowledge it.......just as your avatar is real to you and others, but still you can not prove you are not a computer program.......A fallacy.......

Alliance
Broken thoughts confuse me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.