Remake or Sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freaky Zeeky
Which one do you prefer? A remake or a sequel?

Cinemaddiction
Depends on the movie, obviously.

Freaky Zeeky
No, I'm saying in general.

MildPossession
Sequels for me, sick of remakes, if you want to make a remake, find a RUBBISH film, and one that hasn't just come out...

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
No, I'm saying in general.

Can't really speak in general, because there are good and bad examples of both. Some remakes are merited, as are sequels, and some aren't.

MAVSFAN
If someone decided to remake a crappy Steven Segal or Crappy Van Damme Movie and make it ten times better than the original, would anyone watch it?

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by MildPossession
Sequels for me, sick of remakes, if you want to make a remake, find a RUBBISH film, and one that hasn't just come out...

Agree.

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Can't really speak in general, because there are good and bad examples of both. Some remakes are merited, as are sequels, and some aren't.

Well, the choose is your opinion soooooooooo.

DeVi| D0do
I agree. It depends entirely on the film...

Bardock42
Depends on the movie, obviously.

jaden101
on the whole i prefer sequels as most remakes have fallen short of the originals

good sequels being the obvious...aliens, empire strikes back, bad boys 2,

where as remakes....i dont think i've seen a good one yet bat psycho which was only good because it copied the original scene for scene

DeVi| D0do
Cape Fear was a good remake... not great, and not better than the original... but still good.

jaden101
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Cape Fear was a good remake... not great, and not better than the original... but still good.

mmm...deniro was good in the remake but the film wasn't as powerful as the original.... mitchum still makes a better max cady

DeVi| D0do
I agree... but that was the only one I could think of which was even close to the original.

Sometimes, I just don't know why they bother... (Planet of the Apes, anyone? sick )

Freaky Zeeky
?

jaden101
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I agree... but that was the only one I could think of which was even close to the original.

Sometimes, I just don't know why they bother... (Planet of the Apes, anyone? sick )

add to the list of bad remakes

get carter
rollerball
texas chainsaw massacre
around the world in 80 days
the alamo
the thomas crown affair
lolita

and about to add to that list

the warriors
wizard of oz
the fog
the poseidon adventure
and more than likely....war of the worlds

Freaky Zeeky
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was decent.

papabeard
Sequel

Murray
Dawn of the Dead remake was very good, actually, but the original was better.

Freaky Zeeky
Wizard was Oz was another decent remake.
smile

ladygrim
hmm not sure i think i prefer sequels to remakes but sometimes remakes are better than some sequels soooo....

SnakeEyes
I probably prefer sequels, because there have been many horrible remakes recently, such as: Herbie The Love Bug, Bewitched, The Honeymooners, ect.

Freaky Zeeky
That damn Nightrider wannabe.
wacko

ragesRemorse
It doesnt matter, the originals are usually always better.

Freaky Zeeky
smile

Freaky Zeeky
Anyone here?

Myth
Sequels. Definitely sequels over remakes.

Freaky Zeeky
How come?

Jackie Malfoy
I am so sick of remakes that turn out awful.I like sequels alot better.JM

DeVi| D0do
When it comes down to it, I think there have been many more good sequels than there have been good remakes...

Freaky Zeeky
Thats fathomable. smile

nach
remakes

Freaky Zeeky
Why?

romper_stomper
i prefer remakes if they are done right,,,,,i wish they would remake some of the ol` video nasties like cannibal holocaust and last house on the left,sure they would probly suk but it would still be interesting to see wat hollywood would do to films like these

Myth
How come?

Because I can't think of any good remakes but at least some good sequels.

Myth
How come?

Myth
How come?

Myth
damn computer mad

Freaky Zeeky
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.