War of the Worlds...as in, we need one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
What we need is a *good* war. A war that involves the classic Allies vs. Axis, good vs. evil sides. Pure allegory, where one side symbolizes good, the other symbolizes evil, none of this just/unjust/fair/unfair/media-painted crap going on in the Middle East.

We need humans vs. aliens...yeah. That's the stuff.

Deano
it will happen..

Imperial_Samura
But what if the aliens aren't really evil? H.G Welles iconic novel was actually a critique on imperialism and all that (the whole "superior race" morally, technologically and all that having a right to do as it wishes and subjugating "Lesser" peoples) and to a degree such things still exist today. But yeah, humanity needs a shake up, and eye opener, something to unite and wash away modern decadence and greed. A fight for life, pure and simple. So lets bring on the aliens, as long as they are evil.

Deano
i read that the powers that be are gonna stage an alien invasion to bring the world together under a one world goverment!!!! aaaaaaaaahhhhh

SlipknoT
I'd like to see Aliens Woop The Humans asses

Imperial_Samura
Yeah, thats always nice to see, it would wipe that arrogant grin of humanity's face alright.

Echuu
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I'd like to see Aliens Woop The Humans asses

Doesn't that include you? laughing out loud

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Echuu
Doesn't that include you? laughing out loud

I am sure there is always room for some human/alien collaborators. Or just much fleeing and hiding.

DeVi| D0do
I'd kick ASS in a war!

Imperial_Samura
But what if the aliens don't have an ass? doctor

Oswald Kenobi
Any species intelligent enough to develop a method of convenient travel between stars is defintely not going to be agressive.

I know for a fact that the sun will burn out before any of your sources' idiotic "New World Order" predictions will come to pass.

Deano
Originally posted by Oswald Kenobi
Any species intelligent enough to develop a method of convenient travel between stars is defintely not going to be agressive.

I know for a fact that the sun will burn out before any of your sources' idiotic "New World Order" predictions will come to pass.

it was a joke you ***

Bardock42
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Yeah, thats always nice to see, it would wipe that arrogant grin of humanity's face alright.

Yea damn humans...hate 'em

alcoholicpoet
Hey, instead of waiting for aliens to kill the humans how about we do it.

Jackie Malfoy
I have no idea why people are making a deal out of a stupid movie.It can not come true so why think it could?jm

debbiejo

True, because we're so ass-backwards.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I have no idea why people are making a deal out of a stupid movie.It can not come true so why think it could?jm
Why can't it come true?

Imperial_Samura
I'm certainly open to the possibility it could happen. It might not be likely, but there is still a chance.

And granted, there's a good chance they might be peaceful, but then I reckon the peaceful aliens out there would give humanity a wide berth because of the, I don't know, perpetual war fare and so forth we have kept up since we hauled our selves out of the mud (woo, rants against humanity are fun.) But if I ran an evil Galactic Empire, I would be so here with my fleet. Of course taking into account the 100 things an evil overlord shouldn't do.

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy

Why contradict people for thinking so? Plus, what proof have you that aliens do not exist. also, if it's not that big a deal, then why comment on it?

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
True, because we're so ass-backwards.

Hey, it's bass-ackwards. wink

botankus
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why can't it come true?

Alright, everyone grab a shovel and start digging. I want to run one of those tripods!

You might not understand what that means if you haven't see it yet.

Thoma5
I like to see human invade alien...

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Alright, everyone grab a shovel and start digging. I want to run one of those tripods!

You might not understand what that means if you haven't see it yet.

Ehich I didn't stick out tongue

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by Deano
it was a joke you ***

A joke? You needn't have even posted anything. You're the biggest joke around here.

Deano
A joke? You needn't have even posted anything. You're the biggest joke around here.

you are the biggest joke around here mate
you talk so much and know so little

Bardock42
Oh come one girls......just give each other a hug and everythings allright, m'kay?

Deano
Oh come one girls......just give each other a hug and everythings allright, m'kay?

well he's big headed

Oswald Kenobi
you are the biggest joke around here mate
you talk so much and know so little

That's hilarious coming from a guy that runs his mouth about the most outlandish ideas and then cops out when asked to back up his statements.

Oswald Kenobi
well he's big headed

LOL. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

Deano
LOL. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

im proud of being big headed

Deano
That's hilarious coming from a guy that runs his mouth about the most outlandish ideas and then cops out when asked to back up his statements.

outlandish? you mean microchipping where u completely dismissed the idea....typical typical typical
cops out? you asked me to provide names of firemen..i did that
you asked me for links..i gave you links of webpages and video clips
so balls to ya

Bardock42
Kinda like SHUT THE **** UP YOU TWO

Oswald Kenobi
outlandish? you mean microchipping where u completely dismissed the idea....typical typical typical
cops out? you asked me to provide names of firemen..i did that
you asked me for links..i gave you links of webpages and video clips
so balls to ya

Yes, you posted doctored photos, and provided names of firemen that either don't exist or were misquoted. And you still refuse to address eye witnesses that contradict your claims. As far as the microchips, you produced a video montage that showed a news program about RFID chips that has already been proposed for clothing and merchandise. The only conspiracy was the one in the narrators head. Just more garbage with no real basis.

Deano

whud der fuks de maddA?!
im gonna have ya job shithead!

Oswald Kenobi

Sorry. Deano's dreams will come true when the aliens come for him with the anal probes.

Deano
Yes, you posted doctored photos, and provided names of firemen that either don't exist or were misquoted. And you still refuse to address eye witnesses that contradict your claims. As far as the microchips, you produced a video montage that showed a news program about RFID chips that has already been proposed for clothing and merchandise. The only conspiracy was the one in the narrators head. Just more garbage with no real basis.

of course they dont exist.yeh whateva..they were made up like the tooth fairy

Sadako of Girth
I think it'd be a little unwise to assume that just because aliens would have the ability and technology to travel large distances that hey would automatically pure in intention....

Ancients on earth may have thought that to about a man who could fly...
"Why if those men have technology like that don't they better themselves and use it to help thier fellow man..?" etc

...But bombers and fighters exist and they have a purpose...

A lot of our flight technology has been developed for war.... Just as they may have had a similar evolution technology wise...

They might want our planets resources...Minerals..Water...Gases...
Hell... They might even want to stock there food stores with us....

Deano
Sorry. Deano's dreams will come true when the aliens come for him with the anal probes.

looks like they have already got to you

Deano
aliens built the pyramids!

Bardock42
Nice how you both agree suddenly big grin

Oswald Kenobi
looks like they have already got to you

That would be impossible, Deano. Aliens have not visited our planet. The lizard man story is a lie, also.

Deano
That would be impossible, Deano. Aliens have not visited our planet. The lizard man story is a lie, also.

how can you say for sure aliens havent visited our planet?
thats what i hate in people..how can you make that assumption

Oswald Kenobi
how can you say for sure aliens havent visited our planet?
thats what i hate in people..how can you make that assumption

LMAO! You hate that about people, yet you make assumptions all the time. A classic self-hater.

Scientists have said that there is no way that they can think of to cross galactic distances in a reasonable amount of time based on our knowledge of science. It's not even about technology, just the laws of nature. That would make it fairly unlikely that aliens have visited earth.

Sadako of Girth
For sure.. based on OUR understanding of the universe (Which changes every day) Their knowledge may surpass ours...

Deano
LMAO! You hate that about people, yet you make assumptions all the time. A classic self-hater.

Scientists have said that there is no way that they can think of to cross galactic distances in a reasonable amount of time based on our knowledge of science. It's not even about technology, just the laws of nature. That would make it fairly unlikely that aliens have visited earth.

they could cross the galaxy in a split second..heres info for you

Defense Scientists and Engineers are finally starting to understand the ultimate propulsion system that can make instantaneous space travel possible. The UFOs use this propulsion system to travel great distances instantaneously.

The speed of light is 670,000,000 miles per hour ? a number no human being can ever stand in any craft for a long time. Does that mean UFOs are unmanned or extra-terrestrial beings are totally different? It is possible but not likely. Theory of evolution in the Universe says that intelligent life forms are abundant in the Universe but they have evolved in a similar way.

Traveling even at the speed of light (670,000,000 miles per hour) is just not enough to cover distant destinations in the Universe. For example even at that speed traveling from one constellation to another may take hundreds of years.

Then how can one travel such great distances in a short span of time?

Every country believes they will be the first to uncover the technology of ?flash travel? which is the term used in traveling from point A to point B in the Universe instantaneously.

To understand the concept, imagine you have to travel from New York to New Delhi, two points in the opposite sides of the globe. Now think you have the technology of freezing time and then get back to current time. At 9AM (or any other time of a particular day), you take the instance of the globe and freeze it for travel. Now assume the globe is made of paper or some other flexible material. Now you deform the globe and bring NY and New Delhi touch each other. Then travel from NY to New Delhi instantaneously because the distance is really very little since you deformed the globe. After completing the travel you put the globe back to its original configuration. And you transfer yourself to the current time.

This may seem complex but actually once the technology is mastered it is really simple. Another way to understand this is to hold a piece of rectangular paper in your hand. Bring the two opposite corners of the rectangular piece of paper together and make them touch each other. Now the distance between the two opposite corner is really zero.

Bending space and time is the concept where you do not travel to the destination; you bring the destination close to you. This is exactly how UFOs travel from one destination to another. That is the reason why those who are waiting with their telescope in the open sly to find UFOs will never find them.

Scientists and Engineers are now perplexed trying to understand how that kind of space travel is possible. The answer lies in using something known as dark energy. The dark energy allows disintegration or deformation of space. There are some early indications that dark energy also allows isolating time dimensions.

PVS
yawn

Fishy
Source?

Oswald Kenobi
Are you kidding me? that's about as concrete as the guy who said he constructed a real light saber. What's the source on that? All it says is to move between two points, you fold the space around you. They offer no way to actually accomplish this. And you do realize this is straight out of Star Trek, right?

EDIT: I cannot call bullshit on that information, because it is an idea that real world scientists have toyed with, but there is no way to apply it to space travel.

PVS
thank you deano for describing wormholes

its called a THEORY

Deano
Are you kidding me? that's about as concrete as the guy who said he constructed a real light saber. What's the source on that? All it says is to move between two points, you fold the space around you. They offer no way to actually accomplish this. And you do realize this is straight out of Star Trek, right?

nothing is impossible..get that through your head
100 years ago if i said we would be able to fly into outer space...what would people like you say?

Deano
Originally posted by PVS

its called a THEORY

i know it is..i didnt say it could definelty happen did i

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS

its called a THEORY

Also see Warp Drive and Improbability Drive.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
yawn

go to sleep

PVS
100 years ago if i said we would be able to fly into outer space...what would people like you say?

people like YOU would have said "who cares" and that we already flew about 3 million years ago because the lizard men taught us, but then erased all our memories because they thought giving us technology would threaten them

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
people like YOU would have said "who cares" and that we already flew about 3 million years ago because the lizard men taught us, but then erased all our memories because they thought giving us technology would threaten them

good replyerm

i never mentioned the lizard men...you seem obsessed with them though for some reason

Oswald Kenobi

That's simply not true. There are limits to what can be accomplished.

Actually 100 years ago, people believed space travel was a possibility. It took less than 50 years to make it happen.

Deano
That's simply not true. There are limits to what can be accomplished.

Actually 100 years ago, people believed space travel was a possibility. It took less than 50 years to make it happen.

not many people would of believed that space travel was possible

Oswald Kenobi
not many people would of believed that space travel was possible

Though writers in the 1800's wrote of practical space travel.

Bardock42
Also see Warp Drive and Improbability Drive.

Improbabilitsy Drive is not a theory...thats just a bullshit Idea the greates Author ever had...

Oswald Kenobi
Improbabilitsy Drive is not a theory...thats just a bullshit Idea the greates Author ever had...

But DA was an absolute genius. Maybe he was really on to something.

Deano
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicegypt.htm

cool info too

''We were flabbergasted to say the least when we took a closer look at this image and could make out an 'alien grey' in the bottom of the picture! Does this prove that the building and placement of the Pyramids were aided by alien intelligence?''

Bardock42
But DA was an absolute genius. Maybe he was really on to something.

Very improbable

I would even say Infinite Improbable stick out tongue

Oswald Kenobi
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicegypt.htm

cool info too

''We were flabbergasted to say the least when we took a closer look at this image and could make out an 'alien grey' in the bottom of the picture! Does this prove that the building and placement of the Pyramids were aided by alien intelligence?''

If they only hadn't alluded to the face on mars, which was completely debunked years ago.

I also wanted to see those exact same pictures from a non-UFO website.

Oswald Kenobi
Very improbable

I would even say Infinite Improbable stick out tongue

But even though Vogons destroyed the earth, they weren't really war-like, just very bad tempered.

Sadako of Girth
....And callous...and officious....and Bureaucratic...

Bardock42
But even though Vogons destroyed the earth, they weren't really war-like, just very bad tempered.

Well yes, they are good at heart, they just wouldn't move a finger to save their grandmother from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
And so tight with their credits that the best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is STILL to stick your fingers down its throat...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
And so tight with their credits that the best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is STILL to stick your fingers down its throat...

Yeah they are ok, just don't let them read you their poetry.....

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by FeceMan
What we need is a *good* war. A war that involves the classic Allies vs. Axis, good vs. evil sides. Pure allegory, where one side symbolizes good, the other symbolizes evil, none of this just/unjust/fair/unfair/media-painted crap going on in the Middle East.

We need humans vs. aliens...yeah. That's the stuff.

There never was such war - evil versus good, as nothing is black and white.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
There never was such war - evil versus good, as nothing is black and white.

Well WWII kind of was like that.......

lil bitchiness
Well WWII kind of was like that.......

Riiiight, cos im sure every german soldier was EVIL and every other solder that wasnt German was GOOD.

Bullcrap.

mechmoggy
That's how it was in the movies, and would they lie? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Riiiight, cos im sure every german soldier was EVIL and every other solder that wasnt German was GOOD.

Bullcrap.

Well of course not, but it was still by our moral standards today Evil vs. good......its n ot aboot the soldiers its aboot the ideologies......

lil bitchiness
Well of course not, but it was still by our moral standards today Evil vs. good......its n ot aboot the soldiers its aboot the ideologies......

Hitler had motives that in his mind were not evil. Evil and Good is subjective depending on which side of the fence you're standing, thus ''good vs evil'' wars never were and never will be.

Bardock42
Hitler had motives that in his mind were not evil. Evil and Good is subjective depending on which side of the fence you're standing, thus ''good vs evil'' wars never were and never will be.

You read the part aboot "our moral standards today"?

Fishy
Bardock thats logical... The one that wins the war writes history... If hitler won we would have all hated none aryans...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fishy
Bardock thats logical... The one that wins the war writes history... If hitler won we would have all hated none aryans...

Well ok, that is right that was flawed, but if you looka t most moral standards, starting with Aristotle and Greece 3000 years ago to Roman Culture to Christian Ideologies most of them would categorize Hitlers Ideologie as evil, so although there is no real Moral we can say that somehow Hitlers ideas were differnt from others .....

Fishy
Well ok, that is right that was flawed, but if you looka t most moral standards, starting with Aristotle and Greece 3000 years ago to Roman Culture to Christian Ideologies most of them would categorize Hitlers Ideologie as evil, so although there is no real Moral we can say that somehow Hitlers ideas were differnt from others .....

Things like that change... Thousands of years ago we considered slaverly right, and racism wrong... The rich were rich the poor were poor.

Morals change with time it may seem like they haven't changed but thats only because we don't consider them changed. If you really look at Rome or ancient Greece or the christian worlds or the Muslim worlds of a few hundred years ago you would find a million things wrong with it.

Oswald Kenobi

I see your point, but evil is fairly easy to define. Causing pain and/or destruction to others for the sole sake of causing pain and/or destruction is a good definition. That's not very subjective.

But then only if you're saying the concept of evil is subjective.

Bardock42
Things like that change... Thousands of years ago we considered slaverly right, and racism wrong... The rich were rich the poor were poor.

Morals change with time it may seem like they haven't changed but thats only because we don't consider them changed. If you really look at Rome or ancient Greece or the christian worlds or the Muslim worlds of a few hundred years ago you would find a million things wrong with it.
Yes I don't believe in morals, i believe Morals comae aboot from selfishness....basically Humans don't like to get Killed so they get together to not get killed so this is the basic Moral "Don't kill another Human" ....... and Hitler did that.....although morally that is not wrong, it is and will probably forever be considered as evil...it would have been in Germany back then too if those people weren't seen as below Human.

grey fox
so from what you guys are saying you want a army of moraly pure men/women fighting against the equivalent of rapists serial killers and dictators

Bardock42
Originally posted by grey fox
so from what you guys are saying you want a army of moraly pure men/women fighting against the equivalent of rapists serial killers and dictators

So from what you are saying...BULLSHIT

No one claimed that.......its not aboot every single soldier, its just this kind of "we are right, they are wrong" -thingy .... and the only war that comes to mind that a great majoritiy would agree on is WWII I think.....

Fishy
Yes I don't believe in morals, i believe Morals comae aboot from selfishness....basically Humans don't like to get Killed so they get together to not get killed so this is the basic Moral "Don't kill another Human" ....... and Hitler did that.....although morally that is not wrong, it is and will probably forever be considered as evil...it would have been in Germany back then too if those people weren't seen as below Human.

Killing hasn't always been wrong. Would you kill a 1st grade school class if it would cure aids and cancer... I would.

Hitler thought he could everybody thats not Aryan and he would save the world in doing so. Killing for him was not wrong it was a means to an end. During the crusades killing had to be done by orders of the church, that was wrong but nobody considered it wrong at that time because well it wasn't back then. During Rome people were thrown before the lions and gladiator games were held, thousands died. It wasn't considered evil it was considered entertainment. When Rome fought its wars others thought they were evil, Rome thought they were saving the world by bringing them civilization. All opinions killing isn't seen as wrong, at least not most of the time. Most killers don't even think they are wrong.

grey fox
Sorry i wasn't talking about your post i was basing my post on this quote

Bardock42
Killing hasn't always been wrong. Would you kill a 1st grade school class if it would cure aids and cancer... I would.

Hitler thought he could everybody thats not Aryan and he would save the world in doing so. Killing for him was not wrong it was a means to an end. During the crusades killing had to be done by orders of the church, that was wrong but nobody considered it wrong at that time because well it wasn't back then. During Rome people were thrown before the lions and gladiator games were held, thousands died. It wasn't considered evil it was considered entertainment. When Rome fought its wars others thought they were evil, Rome thought they were saving the world by bringing them civilization. All opinions killing isn't seen as wrong, at least not most of the time. Most killers don't even think they are wrong.

Ha, your reasoning has a major flaw, why would you kill? To find a cure to cancer which would safe more lives...but that doesn't change it, I didn't say it is a real moral, it the first that comes to mind, cause it is the most basic want of a human being (well I agree with Thomas Hobbes there) .... and so it is not abot real Evil versus Good, it is aboot subjective (majority wise) thinking of evil and good...that is why a war against aliens would be Evil vs. Good...cause for us Humans would be "good"

Fishy
Ha, your reasoning has a major flaw, why would you kill? To find a cure to cancer which would safe more lives...but that doesn't change it, I didn't say it is a real moral, it the first that comes to mind, cause it is the most basic want of a human being (well I agree with Thomas Hobbes there) .... and so it is not abot real Evil versus Good, it is aboot subjective (majority wise) thinking of evil and good...that is why a war against aliens would be Evil vs. Good...cause for us Humans would be "good"

Yeah I would kill for good.

Hitler wanted to kill for good. The allies killed for good. Ghengis Khan killed for good, Africanus and Barca killed for good. They all thought they killed for good. So they did what they thought was the right.

And yeah a war against Aliens would be evil vs good, humans vs the others... But on earth there has never been a war of evil vs good.

Bardock42
Yes it is subjective this "good"

but if you totally agree with your reasoning a war against Aliens wouldn't be "good vs. evil" either.....not anymore than any other war, just that it seems more obvious

Fishy
Yes it is subjective this "good"

but if you totally agree with your reasoning a war against Aliens wouldn't be "good vs. evil" either.....not anymore than any other war, just that it seems more obvious

No it wouldn't be good against evil. But it would be humans against aliens which is good for us... Well which could be good for us.

Bardock42
No it wouldn't be good against evil. But it would be humans against aliens which is good for us... Well which could be good for us.
OLh now saying good for "us" is not perfect either, cause in fact fighting hitler was good for "us" too.......since it was good for Germany and for those that weren't occupied by the Nazis ...... but as you have seen before their are people that would prefer Aliens to win, so this agian is not all of "us"

Fishy
OLh now saying good for "us" is not perfect either, cause in fact fighting hitler was good for "us" too.......since it was good for Germany and for those that weren't occupied by the Nazis ...... but as you have seen before their are people that would prefer Aliens to win, so this agian is not all of "us"

You are becoming a bit to picky right now...

But okay technically you are right, still it would be good for the mayority of the human race...

If Hitler would have won, it would still have been good for the mayority of the human race, seeing as all none whites would not be seen as a part of the human race...

Bardock42
You are becoming a bit to picky right now...

But okay technically you are right, still it would be good for the mayority of the human race...

If Hitler would have won, it would still have been good for the mayority of the human race, seeing as all none whites would not be seen as a part of the human race...
Haha, whos picky now ....yes ok....I basically agree with you so i don't want to argue, just one thing can we agree that from today, for the majority of "us" WWII s basically the one war where most agree it was kind of good vs evil?

Fishy
Haha, whos picky now ....yes ok....I basically agree with you so i don't want to argue, just one thing can we agree that from today, for the majority of "us" WWII s basically the one war where most agree it was kind of good vs evil?

Yeah but only because its recent history stick out tongue

Bardock42
Yeah but only because its recent history stick out tongue

Well good enough for me...I'm off stick out tongue

pr1983
umm...

a war with aliens wouldnt neccessarily be bad...

they see a lesser species and need to exploit them to survive... like we do with animals...

good and evil are subjective (as has already been said)

though id be the first one trying to organise a resistance...

Bardock42
Originally posted by pr1983
umm...

a war with aliens wouldnt neccessarily be bad...

they see a lesser species and need to exploit them to survive... like we do with animals...

good and evil are subjective (as has already been said)

though id be the first one trying to organise a resistance...

Well yes that's what I am saying but people would faster agree that it is evil vs. good.

And I don't believe a word you say.....you already have an alien as your sig...and a Mutie as your avi.....if you were really Human Friendly you'd have Batsy there....

pr1983
Well yes that's what I am saying but people would faster agree that it is evil vs. good.

And I don't believe a word you say.....you already have an alien as your sig...and a Mutie as your avi.....if you were really Human Friendly you'd have Batsy there....

Evil and Good for us...

But they both fight to protect the earth... both have died to protect it...

Alpha Centauri
I would love aliens to come here again for some reason.

Just to see most to all humans going "Crap! Maybe we don't actually know everything."

-AC

hotsauce6548
A war against aliens in that movie would no more be a war than there is one between men and ants... wink

Darth Infidus
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
A war against aliens in that movie would no more be a war than there is one between men and ants... wink

Yes, but the ants would more than likely win the war in the long run, since they are everywhere. Think about it, if ants were to wage a war on humans, they could just get into your house and kill you in your sleep, probably crawl into your lungs and start biting.

GOOD NIGHT FOREVER...

Bardock42
Originally posted by pr1983
Evil and Good for us...

But they both fight to protect the earth... both have died to protect it...

Yes...all subjective....

Yes...but the one is stupid and the other is the greatest human ever alive....

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I would love aliens to come here again for some reason.

Just to see most to all humans going "Crap! Maybe we don't actually know everything."

-AC

So true...we's probably say something like "Oh shit, maybe we are not that great after all"

Originally posted by hotsauce6548

Depends, did we start it on their homeplanet or did they on ours, or did we just meet somewhere in the universe....

Alpha Centauri
I just saw War of the Worlds.

AC's quick review: Stupid, CGI fest. Pointless and ridiculous overrated piece of trash.

That's all it is.

-AC

Clovie
book was nice...
considering it was written in the 19th century....

hotsauce6548
Yeah, I liked the book, but I also liked the movie.

JoeyLewis
OH GEEZ HERE GOES. IT'S WELL INTO HAPPY HOUR NOW SO THIS LINE HAS TO BE THROWN OUT THERE. READY? HEY LADIES! I WANNA SEE URANUS! I'M SORRY... I"M A LITTLE DRUNK....PLEASE FORGIVE ME........PLEASE?

BloodRayne2Vamp
War Of The Worlds is a cool movie!! big grin thumb up

Alpha Centauri
It's actual faeces.

-AC

debbiejo
Haven't seen it yet........

They say I have A.D.D.....but they just don't understand...OH, look...a chicken....

FeceMan
It's actual faeces.

-AC
That would mean that I would have had some power over creating it. Sadly enough, it seems that Steven Spielberg is the real FeceMan.

Great Vengeance
Id rather not be vaporized by aliens...

FeceMan
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Id rather not be vaporized by aliens...
Yeah, well, your life < my entertainment. wink

One thing I'm surprised about is that, at the end, there was a statement with the phrase "...God, in His infinite wisdom...". I would have thought it would have been changed to something like "...Mother Nature, in Her infinite wisdom...".

The Omega
... And who'd decide who the "good guys" were?

Pyrofly

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by The Omega

Me, myself and I.

Bardock42

I do....oh and you, .....and Bush....and everyone.......

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by JoeyLewis
OH GEEZ HERE GOES. IT'S WELL INTO HAPPY HOUR NOW SO THIS LINE HAS TO BE THROWN OUT THERE. READY? HEY LADIES! I WANNA SEE URANUS! I'M SORRY... I"M A LITTLE DRUNK....PLEASE FORGIVE ME........PLEASE?

How many times must I tell you, STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

FeceMan
Well, if the aliens are invading our planet, I don't think it would be difficult to decide.

pr1983
Yes...but the one is stupid and the other is the greatest human ever alive....

take that back... mad stick out tongue

whoever writes the history books...

Alpha Centauri
What a silly rationale.

When we invaded Germany during the war, were we automatically the bad guys due to invasion?

If aliens were coming here to clean up the mess that is our planet, bring them. I'll welcome them.

-AC

pr1983
What a silly rationale.

me?

FeceMan
What a silly rationale.

When we invaded Germany during the war, were we automatically the bad guys due to invasion?

If aliens were coming here to clean up the mess that is our planet, bring them. I'll welcome them.

-AC
What the Germans were doing was genocide and their aim was to conquer the world. Our allies needed our help, and, if we hadn't jumped in, our own country would have been in danger.

I can guarantee that if aliens did invade, things would get a lot more cooperative with governments throughout the world.

Alpha Centauri
What the Germans were doing was genocide and their aim was to conquer the world. Our allies needed our help, and, if we hadn't jumped in, our own country would have been in danger.

I can guarantee that if aliens did invade, things would get a lot more cooperative with governments throughout the world.

So, what we're doing to our own planet is genocide. With the inevitable end of destroying a great world.

If Aliens hadn't jumped in, it would have been destroyed.

What then? Coz that's your rationale.

-AC

jaden101
What a silly rationale.

-AC

unless your a pure blood..in which case they'll take you out back and shoot a laser through your head

laughing

FeceMan

Alpha Centauri
So species only have a right to be defended if they're sentient?

Because bugs are sentient.

Someone hasn't thought things through, and it isn't me.

-AC

FeceMan
So species only have a right to be defended if they're sentient?

Because bugs are sentient.

Someone hasn't thought things through, and it isn't me.

-AC
Humans are the only species that have a right to be defended--as they are the only species who can establish a government with rights. Do I think other species should be defended? Yes. Am I going to petition for them to have the right to be defended or to vote? No.

We're the dominant species on this planet. I don't care if there are more insects than humans on the planet because, if that's the case, than bacteria and viruses should be the dominant species. We're intelligent and continuing to advance. Insects are never going to build houses or cars. Dogs are never going to build houses or cars. Neither are dolphins or primates.

My rationale was that we were defending a species that is self-aware, can discern between good and evil, and can understand fully what happens around it. The Nazis were evil. We were protecting other humans--members of our species--from being exterminated. If Hitler had decided to declare war on crabgrass, no one would have cared. But Hitler declared war on humans.

Whoever hasn't thought things through must be Jackie.

Bardock42

That's just the meanest thing you can say i n a debat...you are despicable.......

Anyways I think we as a species see when defending ourselves would call us "good" although this term doesn't really apply.
I personally beliecve there is no real "good" or "evil" there is only definitions of "good" and "evil" and today most people in our society (at least western, probaly a lot of others too) today would agree to us (the humans) being good while other species would be considered evil....same with Hitler and the Nazis, most people nowadays would define them as "evil"...that's the closest we will ever come to ideas like "good" and "evil".....

Alpha Centauri
Humans are the only species that have a right to be defended--as they are the only species who can establish a government with rights. Do I think other species should be defended? Yes. Am I going to petition for them to have the right to be defended or to vote? No.

We're the dominant species on this planet. I don't care if there are more insects than humans on the planet because, if that's the case, than bacteria and viruses should be the dominant species. We're intelligent and continuing to advance. Insects are never going to build houses or cars. Dogs are never going to build houses or cars. Neither are dolphins or primates.

My rationale was that we were defending a species that is self-aware, can discern between good and evil, and can understand fully what happens around it. The Nazis were evil. We were protecting other humans--members of our species--from being exterminated. If Hitler had decided to declare war on crabgrass, no one would have cared. But Hitler declared war on humans.

So your rationale is getting to an end product that is beneficial?

What if the beneficial result was Earth's destruction?

As for us continuing to advance, that's very debatable.

Dolphins etc are never gonna be as advanced, true. But they'll never have wars and all that fun stuff.

Works both ways.

-AC

FeceMan

Dolphins etc are never gonna be as advanced, true. But they'll never have wars and all that fun stuff.

Works both ways.

-AC
I don't understand where you are getting my rationale that the ends justify the means. I didn't mean to imply that in my post; could you elaborate?

Earth's destruction isn't beneficial to us. In fact, it's beneficial to nothing. All those animals you wanted to save earlier? Dead. In what way would Earth's destruction be beneficial to anyone but the aliens--and how would it benefit them, anyhow?

Bardock42

Works both ways.

-AC
I don't understand where you are getting my rationale that the ends justify the means. I didn't mean to imply that in my post; could you elaborate?

Earth's destruction isn't beneficial to us. In fact, it's beneficial to nothing. All those animals you wanted to save earlier? Dead. In what way would Earth's destruction be beneficial to anyone but the aliens--and how would it benefit them, anyhow?

Its not even funny how much Douglas Adams you could answer to each of your posts. stick out tongue

FeceMan
Its not even funny how much Douglas Adams you could answer to each of your posts. stick out tongue
Hush. No one is constructing an intergalactic bypass through Earth.

Bardock42
Hush. No one is constructing an intergalactic bypass through Earth.
But what if....

And think aboot the two more intelligent species than humans......

FeceMan
But what if....

If mice were so smart, they would have figured out how to fix mousetraps so that they'd snap on fingers instead of their spines.

Fishy
But what if....

Cows...

Just watch Southpark and you will know what I mean.. The aliens think cows are the smartest things on this planet, they must be right.

Bardock42
If mice were so smart, they would have figured out how to fix mousetraps so that they'd snap on fingers instead of their spines.

You know they did that to experiment on us.....

Cows...

Just watch Southpark and you will know what I mean.. The aliens think cows are the smartest things on this planet, they must be right.

Aliens in South park are idiots though...they don't even have substantives, make TV-Shows out of a stupid little planet and Award "The biggest douche in the Universe"

FeceMan
And "The Biggest Douhce in the Universe" award goes to...

*Drumroll.*

...Ou Be Low hoo!

(Hope I got his name right and I apologize for the dig, but I just had to, hehe.)

Bardock42
And "The Biggest Douhce in the Universe" award goes to...

*Drumroll.*

...Ou Be Low hoo!

(Hope I got his name right and I apologize for the dig, but I just had to, hehe.)

right name.....funny too....but sad sad

.....good episode though

Fishy

Aliens in South park are idiots though...they don't even have substantives, make TV-Shows out of a stupid little planet and Award "The biggest douche in the Universe"

Aliens are aliens...

Bardock42
Aliens are aliens...
You mean "Magla are magla"

Fishy
You mean "Magla are magla"

That too big grin

Alpha Centauri

I never said anything about it being beneficial to us.

I'm talking about on a grander scale. If it were beneficial to more than just our insignificant rock floating in space.

If Earth's destruction was to the benefit of say, the universe. Killing one planet to save a great many, would you do it?

-AC

pr1983
I never said anything about it being beneficial to us.

I'm talking about on a grander scale. If it were beneficial to more than just our insignificant rock floating in space.

If Earth's destruction was to the benefit of say, the universe. Killing one planet to save a great many, would you do it?

-AC

Sure, as long as i wasnt on it... stick out tongue

FeceMan
No, I would not. I have said time and time again that, if I were to travel back in time, I would not kill Hitler. I would not kill Stalin. I would not kill Vlad the Impaler or Ivan the Terrible or anyone else. Surely they deserved death, but I would not be their executioner.

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't assuming that your rationale was that, Fece.

I was asking if it was, not assuming.

-AC

FeceMan
Ah. Well, it's not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.