Land of the Dead DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
The folks over at IGN have already talked to George Romero about the unrated DVD that will be forthcoming soon. Sounds like most of the film actually made it to the screen. Here are some excerpts from their article:

He confesses that much of the material will be character building content rather than simply extra gore. "There's a few things," he says. "There is one scene in particular where Cholo, before he meets Kaufman, he goes into a neighboring penthouse and finds a human that hung himself and has to kill him. That was a scene that we felt didn't turn out as effectively as it could have and we didn't think it was necessary so that's really the only major scene from the original script that's gone."

"The DVD version, we are working on it now," he reveals. "I think it's about six minutes longer, but it's all just adding back or putting in some effects that were excised and putting in some little things like little bits of dialogue in existing scenes that we cut out just to tighten the pace. It's mostly that, and that penthouse scene."

Romero also spills the beans on his involvement in the Masters of Horror and maybe some more dead.

Beyond the DVD and its many iterations, Romero says he has a few projects on deck, including the Showtime series Masters of Horror and a potential Dead sequel. "Masters of Horror is something I am hoping to do," he says. "It's going to depend, I guess; it's sort of related to what happens with this. If this opens strong, I might be in a situation where I might have to do another one of these or would be asked to do another one of these right away, in which case I've sort of left the ."

"I'd almost want to make chapter two of the same movie if that happens," he continues. "Just sort of finish the story and I have an idea of where to go with and in my mind just think of them both as one movie. So if that happens I may not be able to do the Masters of Horror."

papabeard

Cinemaddiction
DVD Forummmm.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.