Spider-Man + Spider-Woman vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arahan
Spider-Man (Current)
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

VS

Aquaman

New York

No prep time

Debate

shaolin9976
Aquaman is powerless in the streets...i would say spideys take this.

Linkalicious
Aquaman's aqua-hand is pretty fierce, but you can't touch Spidey in the streets of New York.

shaolin9976
No you can't....that's why mr. aqua will be longing for the waters after..

Joker1237
vs 2 Spider people, Aquman was weak in the old superfreinds show, I think my little sister could beat him up.

shaolin9976
with that being said...this fight is DONE!

EvilCap America
Aquaman man easily

Sorry Aquaman is in at least ther 50-60 ton strength range has just enough enhanced reflexes to even keep up with Spiderman pretty heaty relisence and is a telepath thats just better with sea life but can affect humans to an extent too

Even the two of them arent likely to take him down.YaY for underestimated Aquaman Happy Dance

Solidus Snake
aqua man would drain the water from their bodies whenever they got close. cause his body can soak in moisture from the air at a rapid rate.

than or hed use his telapathy to affect a human's basal ganglia (sp) and give them seizures.

from the time he realized that he couldnt hit them, he do that. when they were powerless, hed kill them. he has no qualms about killing ppl.

spidey may injure him with his fists or not. i dont think spideys strong enough unless hes blood crazed.

ive seen aquaman hurl cars and drop 100s of feet through concrete with no ill effects. his body is harder than steel.

CorderaMitchell
Spidey and his little girl, get buttraped.

DarkCrawler
Aquaman:

Class 100

Telepath on par with Emma Frost

Pretty much invunerable to everything Spider-Man and Spider-Woman can do

Better experience

Better skill

Better speed

Aquaman wins.

CorderaMitchell
DC ever so powerful.........

Nice sig by the way, do you make those yourself??

EvilCap America
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Spidey and his little girl, get buttraped.

Despite the Superfirends rumors you may have heard Aquaman is neither as weak as portrayed in that show NOR doe he swing that Bat-way

CorderaMitchell
I didnt' mean it like that, let me say "Owned"

olympian
Aquaman isent and never was class 100. Thats namor.

He has been recently been powered up in strenght but its not class 100 in the same way that Namor is and Hulk. he just manages to lift more then he normally would. And only underwater.

Aquaman takes this, hes as agile as the spiders ( deathstroke said his agility was awesome even for him ) and his telepathy has put down guys like the white martians that are in Supes class. Hes also more tactical, has now a magic hand and is more skilled.

If he takes to the water is overkill instead of being a fight.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
DC ever so powerful.........

Nice sig by the way, do you make those yourself??

Yes, I make my sigs myself. smile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by olympian
Aquaman isent and never was class 100. Thats namor.

He has been recently been powered up in strenght but its not class 100 in the same way that Namor is and Hulk. he just manages to lift more then he normally would. And only underwater.

Aquaman takes this, hes as agile as the spiders ( deathstroke said his agility was awesome even for him ) and his telepathy has put down guys like the white martians that are in Supes class. Hes also more tactical, has now a magic hand and is more skilled.

If he takes to the water is overkill instead of being a fight.

Aquaman lifted large portion of San Fransisco. (Although it might be just an urban myth. I have seen the pic, though)

EvilCap America
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Aquaman lifted large portion of San Fransisco. (Although it might be just an urban myth. I have seen the pic, though)

I belive it was San Diego

Im fine with Aquaman not being class 100 though so long as hes up there 60-75.I like him better as a mighty telepath with alot of strength added in than just another "Class 100+ brick" anyways

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yes, I make my sigs myself. smile

awesome

olympian
I saw that issue it was san Diego. But he did it underwater where he is at his strongest. And what he lifted was a part of a city street at most - at least it looks to me -
The feat is awesome. But it doesnt get him at class 100. But since his strenght is way up both the other two. Add with his other abilities they are toasted.

CorderaMitchell
Basically, aquaman has been boosted up to match the likes of other heroes.

Arahan
May be they should boost Spdey too. Class 60, 40X faster reflexes.

CorderaMitchell
He has been written to 40x reflexes, but only in high gear.

they shouldn't upgrade spidey too much, thats the reason he's so great, he's consistant, he's just right, not too strong or too weak.

Arahan
hmm now you mention it. i can remember a issue where Peter explains his powers to MJ and there he says that he has 40 X faster reflexes.

Well I liked the idea of upgrading spidey but organic webbing? No thx.
Insect telepathy=crap, if he could just talk to spiders, that would be okay but insects???

He is now class 15, i can live with that.

CorderaMitchell
Whats wrong with organic webbing, he is part spider.

EvilCap America
Keep in Mind Aquaman was never as weak as portrayed in the cartoon either.He hasent been upgraded as much as overshadowed by the heroes surrounding him

CorderaMitchell
Good point, but making him kickass, gave him some attention.

Arahan
Did you see the MTV Spiderman Cartoon Series? Based on the Movie he had organic webbing. In one episode he was druged and so he couldnt shoot his organic web properly.

Well i know that Aquaman is powerful but i didnt know that he his that powerful and can drain water from people and that his telepathy can influence humans too.

olympian
Aquaman has been pretty good lately. Anyone saw how he punched Manhaunter in thinking he was actually superman a few issues back? With a line like saying " I dont care who you are, you will respect me!"

Badassss

yahman
Alright Dudes
I thought he was dead ?
How recent was hat with the Manhunter
Was it an actual physical punch or a telepathic one

olympian
Aquaman died during the "Our Worlds At War" event, but was brought back later in Jla.

It was a physical punch and it happened iirc in issue #29 of Aquaman.

The Manhaunter said it was a test to see if Arthur would or not go against even Superman if he ever need it. It has to do with the coming crisis and how heroes supossely have to be take to theyr limits.

yahman
Its verry hard to get anything D.C. where i live so my info is usually Internet based.

I've heard rumours of a new infinity Crisis. Can you tell me if these rumours are sound.

When concerning the Thread i Reckon the The two Spider Dudes would take it. Unless its the Aquaman who can lift Ocean Liners and city blocks.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by yahman
Its verry hard to get anything D.C. where i live so my info is usually Internet based.

I've heard rumours of a new infinity Crisis. Can you tell me if these rumours are sound.

When concerning the Thread i Reckon the The two Spider Dudes would take it. Unless its the Aquaman who can lift Ocean Liners and city blocks.

Aint too many other Aquamen but that one along with a particular strong amount of Psychic abilities and reflexes around Spideys level too

olympian
About the coming crisis thats about it for now. mainly rumors. Theres rumors the Dc trinity ( WW, Supes, Bats ) will split. That Both Jason Tood and Booster Gold will play important roles. That maybe Blue bettle will get back with powers from the scarab

Thats it. Rumors.

yahman
'Ain't too many other Aquamen but that one along with a particular strong amount of Psychic abilities and reflexes around Spideys level too'

If He's lifting Things like Ocean liners and parts of San Fransisco Why are people debating him being class 100 character?

I thought his telepathy was limited.

I thought he could only properly communicate with fish? The fact that he could sometimes communicate with Humans and other animals was because of our evolutionary decedents to Fish?

If thats the case i doubt he's on a the level of Emma Frost who is a highly trained /First class telepathy.

EvilCap America
'Ain't too many other Aquamen but that one along with a particular strong amount of Psychic abilities and reflexes around Spideys level too'

If He's lifting Things like Ocean liners and parts of San Fransisco Why are people debating him being class 100 character?

I thought his telepathy was limited.

I thought he could only properly communicate with fish? The fact that he could sometimes communicate with Humans and other animals was because of our evolutionary decedents to Fish?

If thats the case i doubt he's on a the level of Emma Frost who is a highly trained /First class telepathy.

Yeah i jumped the gun a bit on the strength level.Aquaman WAS in the water where he does a bit better but on average sits around 50-75.His telempathy has been thing has been pumped up a tad over the years and now he simply affects all Sea Life easier

yahman
Thats still a huge jump from Class 75 to lifting a city block?
Mann things lik that weigh thousands of tons surely as do most ocean liners. You don't see Iron man and Thing lifting up parts of New York as big as that and they are aprrently stronger.

EvilCap America
Thats still a huge jump from Class 75 to lifting a city block?
Mann things lik that weigh thousands of tons surely as do most ocean liners. You don't see Iron man and Thing lifting up parts of New York as big as that and they are aprrently stronger.

Well thats part of the trouble with ratings.Originally Marvel made the first attempt at cateogiries for their characters and they decided it would range 1-100 tons with only guys like Thor and such reaching class 100 and Hulk varying depending on his angry.The problem with this was when you look at alot of feats characters pull off 100 tons doesnt really seem like alot and DC started using a measuring system in for their characters rainging into the billions of tons.

Now after all these years the truth lies somewhere in between especially the higher you go on the scale.Nobody wants Superman and the majority of DCs upper tiers to be 100 Million times stronger than the best Marvel guys especially when many of their feats are similar.Basically the Marvel rating system has kinda been nebulous and layed across all of comicdom with a certain amount of leeway for larger than life feats

Example Herc is class 100 but jumped that hurdle a few million times holding up Manhatten

CorderaMitchell
hmmmmmmmmmmm this is going along nicely.

yahman
Good answer and one i sort of Agree with, but is not wholey consistent.

That theory does work with coherency when applied to the Top tier character who are performing simillar feats. But when applied to caharcters who are associated with the lower tiers the consistency kinda of breaks down.

E.G Colossus is seen as a Low Level Class 100 character. Yet he has never come near to producing the sort of feats seen by Aquaman who is seen as a Level 5/6 Character.

Yet Aquaman is seen as a leve 5/6 character because he is reagarded by D.C. as a physically strong character who is not quite as strong as the Big Guns. Simillar to character Like Wonderman and Thing from the Marvel universe?

yahman
'hmmmmmmmmmmm this is going along nicely.'

Sorry Dude am i Boring U?

Solidus Snake
wonderman has class 100 strength. thing does not

olympian
Currently they are both written as low class 100.

yahman
According to some sources both are and to others niether are. Most will definately agree though that they are a class below Marvels Big Hitters.

CorderaMitchell
too true

yahman
In the Feat department Aquaman has done things far more impressive than Wonderman or the Thing. Yet he is still considered in the same class as strength as them????????

Apart from the eighties crossover when Namor fought Aquaman what proof is there to suggest that he is at a class 75-80 level.

I know im really going to get a lot of stick for saying this but here goes. What Aquaman has achieved in brute strength is far more impressive than even some of marvels biggset hitters like the Juggernaught.

CorderaMitchell
Let me get a stick.................................

lol

yahman
What's that supposed to mean?????///

Im new so writing things like that is kinda making me paranoid that ive just gone and said the most stupid thing

DarkCrawler
Aquaman = Has been alive lot more longer then Emma Frost = Has been using telepathy all that time = As good if not better then Emma Frost.

olympian
That is why i dont like classes limitations. Aquaman did lifted recently what looked like a streeth or a city block at most underwater. But his regular showing of strenght arent at that level. So unless they write him has having that kind of strengh in a consisted way ( wich means admiting a powerup and get it going ) that feat is so far his best.

And doesnt surprises me since it was to save peoples lifes. He was pushed to his limits in strenght. Its just an high feat for him.

Arahan
Well Spiderman did hold the Daily Bugle. I know he didnt relly hold it but it was impressive.

yahman
I know i keep making reference to the San Fransisco feat but i do see that as a kinda one off. What marvel call an adrenaline rush.

Although i don't believe to be a real adrenaline rush (I mean how much strength can adrenaline really give you) characters are sometimes seen doing things they are not usually capable of as a plot device.

Usually this comes about because the writers have created a scenario that cannot be solved without the character been given a unexplained power up grade.

The Spiderman incident is a good example.

Glads destroying a planet with three punches (although not really the same scenario as i have just mentioned ),

Thor dragging the Midgard Serpent off Earth, and destroying a planetoid Asteroid

Superman holding a black hole in his hands, The JLA moving the moon

Hulk bracing a 150 billion ton mountain

All of these are what i see as Extreme power displays as the characters never ( or very rarely) illustrate strength on the same level.

But Aquaman has shown on many occasions that he has strength to match the marvel big hitters.

olympian
More likely to hold is own against such hitters...to match he would have to be stronger wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.