Ultimate vs Uncanny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot

WAF3001
I like the fact that they killed Beast instead of Colossus

willRules
I like the fact that Wolverine is finding more about in his past in Ultimates, e.g. he knows his first name is James.

platinumx
I kinda like how they make charles a boderline bad guy and the gambit perm is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life.

willRules
Originally posted by platinumx
I kinda like how they make charles a boderline bad guy and the gambit perm is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Xavier is sooo cool in the Ultimate universe. In 616 Marvel he is one of the most underestimated characters and ultimate xmen is starting to reveal how manipulative a person Xavier can be.

stormfront13
i also hate the fact that storms eyes are sometimes brown. it sucks

stormfront13
at least make her eyes blue, that is the color they are supposed to be when she isn't using her powers

DarkCrawler
Ultimate Xavier is more evil then Magneto...

If not counting Astonishing, Ultimate X-Men are better then any other X-comics.

xmarksthespot
I like the fact that Xavier is so evil that Mystique is Xavier's b!tch cat. laughing out loud

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ultimate Xavier is more evil then Magneto...

If not counting Astonishing, Ultimate X-Men are better then any other X-comics.

thats not true.... Mags tried to kill all the humans from the Savage Land. Lets not be silly stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
What if Xavier...manipulated him to do that?!

DUN DUN DUNNN

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3698/uxm58233uz.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
I like that Charles and Moira where married and the tension that creates. I dislike the merger of Proteus character with David Haller character.

mr.smiley
Uncanny is a terrible mess as of now.

pr1983
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Uncanny is a terrible mess as of now.

bar psylocke and emma's bickering i agree...

kichiku_beihei
I love Jean's look in Ultimate. She looks so hot and sassy, but cuddly.
I also like the fact that Emma used to be Charles GF, and they made her older than Scott and them.
Another thing I like is Ultimate Psylocke, she looked purty as a Brit, and even purtier as an Asian. Also, her physique isn't over complimented, wink . As of now I have 0 complaints with the Ultimate series.

xmarksthespot
What about Gambit's perm. I thought everyone hated Gambit's perm. big grin

pr1983
what i dont like about ultimate:

the haircuts, some are abysmal...

colossus being gay...

logan and storm... sick

xmarksthespot
I'm ambivalent towards Marvel making Ultimate Colossus gay/bisexual (they really haven't confirmed if he's either yet) because thus far it hasn't really altered his character. He's attracted to Wolverine instead of Kitty. He's still seems very much to me like Colossus of old. The only thing I hate about it thus far is that it eliminates the possibility of Colossus and Kitty, which was one of the better X-Men relationships. The moment he starts acting all effeminate I'll hate it.

PS I just remembered Colossus has a child in 616 he just doesn't know it. huh

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm ambivalent towards Marvel making Ultimate Colossus gay/bisexual (they really haven't confirmed if he's either yet) because thus far it hasn't really altered his character. He's attracted to Wolverine instead of Kitty. He's still seems very much to me like Colossus of old. The only thing I hate about it thus far is that it eliminates the possibility of Colossus and Kitty, which was one of the better X-Men relationships. The moment he starts acting all effeminate I'll hate it.

PS I just remembered Colossus has a child in 616 he just doesn't know it. huh

I know...

i think its ok, but once he starts dating angel or something its gonna be shit...

kichiku_beihei
I don't think Colossus is gay... In the ultimate series, John Paul asks Jean if Colossus is single, and Colossus gets in defense mode with his steel armour. It was cute funny. Anyways, I think Colossus thinks of Logan more of an Older Brother than a Partner....

BTW, I thought Jean looked soo cute with her short hair.

munkiesarus
SF mentioned it...

But the 616 has never had a character like Ultimate Dazzler. OMG she just ROCKS so much! Everything she says and does is simply AWESOME.

Rogue, Bobby, and Kitty is a weird triangle...I do like, though, how Bobby and Kitty always bicker.

When the X-Men go to save Longshot, what a brilliant twist! He WAS the murderer! How awesome is that. Pretty awesome.

I would have liked a young Emma...that would be VERY VERY nice, but its too late. Cool, though, with the Hellions and all.

And yeah, Gambit's hair sucks.

Storm's eyes...I'll tell you now, its only a thing you Storm fans are pulling hair out over stick out tongue

Mystique as Xavier's cat...is that official?

And Peter is most definetly likely gay. A rather stupid idea, I think. Ultimate Jean ends up with Ultimate Cyclops ANYWAY, so why can't we just have Pete straight?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
I don't think Colossus is gay... In the ultimate series, John Paul asks Jean if Colossus is single, and Colossus gets in defense mode with his steel armour. It was cute funny. Anyways, I think Colossus thinks of Logan more of an Older Brother than a Partner....

That is because he got "hard", you know what I am saying?

And he beat up Magneto because he hurt Wolverine. He even said: "Nobody touches Wolverine!"

He is definitely gay.

munkiesarus
lmao ahahah

kichiku_beihei
That is because he got "hard", you know what I am saying?

And he beat up Magneto because he hurt Wolverine. He even said: "Nobody touches Wolverine!"

He is definitely gay.

he meant more along the lines of a friend.... wow, you guys like to read too much into things... with odd ideas. I think you all want to see Pete as gay.... keep your fantasies to yourselves big grin

pr1983
Originally posted by kichiku_beihei
he meant more along the lines of a friend.... wow, you guys like to read too much into things... with odd ideas. I think you all want to see Pete as gay.... keep your fantasies to yourselves big grin

No, he is...

during the legion storyline, jean commented that peter was depressed that the one member of the team didnt share his feelings...

it wasnt jean, because she wouldnt have said anything in front of cyclops, and storm had hank and bobby after her...

the guy wants logan...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by munkiesarus
SF mentioned it...

But the 616 has never had a character like Ultimate Dazzler. OMG she just ROCKS so much! Everything she says and does is simply AWESOME.

Storm's eyes...I'll tell you now, its only a thing you Storm fans are pulling hair out over stick out tongue

Mystique as Xavier's cat...is that official?

Ultimate Dazzler rocks in all ways conceivable! lol

Hey I'm not that miffed about Storm's eyes. It's just doesn't make sense to change a character's appearance to fit the movie better, shouldn't it be the other way round?

I'm just going off the fact that the cat has a little M collar and Xavier has called his cat Mystique.

willRules
Ultimate Dazzler rocks in all ways conceivable! lol

Hey I'm not that miffed about Storm's eyes. It's just doesn't make sense to change a character's appearance to fit the movie better, shouldn't it be the other way round?

I'm just going off the fact that the cat has a little M collar and Xavier has called his cat Mystique.

Big coincidence that xavier calls his cat mystique.........

Phoenix_Avatar9
It's not big, but I'm not a fan of Betsy having the psychic grenade instead of the signature knife, but I guess they wanted her own signature attack in this universe.

xmarksthespot
I'm ambivalent about Ultimate Deathstrike having nothing to do with Logan's past. Then again he has too many old enemies anyway, it's nice to give Storm one. big grin
I like that they gave Logan one bone that can be fractured laughing out loud

DarkCrawler
More proofs that Ultimate Colossus is gay:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5590/uxm57237pn.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
Yeh he's pretty much gay... possibly bi but most probably gay.

That's also proof every word that comes from Ultimate Dazzler's mouth is pure gold laughing out loud

yahman
We haven't reached the Longshot, Mojo part where I'm from but I'm seriously looking forward to it.

The ultimate X-Men are F@<(ing badasss mann (Except for Remy's perm which seriously sucks)

Everything about is superior to the other X-men titles i have read.

I know everyone has the same powers but they are so much more impressive.

Although Colossus is a homo he makes up for it with his raw power

Mann he is guaranteed to something every storyline that makes you go WOoooooooooooW.

How often do the so called strong guys from the mainstream Marvel universe do that.

Xavier has shown how much you can use someone's power to enhance a person's character. He's so much darker than his uncanny counterpart which makes him far more realistic.

I also like Magneto being all out God like figure he is made out to be.

Although i haven't read ultimate War him kicking the ultimates asses was so cool.

LISA-J
Don't call colossous a homo it's insulting.Can you image the scene's is wolvy was interested in him-wow now that would be a shocker lol.I love ultimate rogue and can't wait for her and gambit to go against juggs in the annual.

xmarksthespot
I do like that Rogue isn't so afraid to use her powers. Ultimate Gambit and Rogue being thrown together so fast seemed a bit forced though.

LISA-J
Maybe but it was still good,and bobby had hurt her-so why wouldn't she run off with a hot older guy.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by LISA-J
Don't call colossous a homo it's insulting.

What? I have always thought that it was the official word. Homosexual?

katie_girl09
What? I have always thought that it was the official word. Homosexual?
Ditto

willRules
Is it me or is Cyclops a better character in Ultimate X-men than Uncanny or any other x-titles?

xmarksthespot
I can't really tell the diff... maybe a little better... course I've never really liked Cyke a great deal.

willRules
Well i prefer his costume any way.

munkiesarus
More proofs that Ultimate Colossus is gay:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5590/uxm57237pn.th.jpg

Oh man...that's awesome: I reread that page like 250 times...excellent stuff, Ultimate X-Men is.

DarkCrawler
It sure is.

xmarksthespot
The complete lack of the Mojoverse? Good or bad.
Probably better that they don't have it in the Ultimate world since its more grounded in real world than 616.
Obese albino Mojo was kind of cool but they should make him have some kind of accident so he gets his mechanical legs and scorpion tail thing.

Oh and Ultimate Sinister was kind of random.

pr1983
Originally posted by willRules
Is it me or is Cyclops a better character in Ultimate X-men than Uncanny or any other x-titles?

his costume is slightly less shit yes...

though hes a much more developed character in astonishing...

willRules
Originally posted by pr1983
his costume is slightly less shit yes...

though hes a much more developed character in astonishing...

I agree

munkiesarus
The complete lack of the Mojoverse? Good or bad.
Probably better that they don't have it in the Ultimate world since its more grounded in real world than 616.
Obese albino Mojo was kind of cool but they should make him have some kind of accident so he gets his mechanical legs and scorpion tail thing.

Oh and Ultimate Sinister was kind of random.

Lol yeah, I'd say so, too. About the Sinister bit.

xmarksthespot
He wasn't really sinister at all just a psycho thug so why call him Sinister. I liked that in 616 he was creepy and scheming and you knew he was uberpowerful but you never really got what exactly his powers were laughing out loud

munkiesarus
Heh, 'specially with that diamond in his forehead...?_?

Mainstream
Heh, 'specially with that diamond in his forehead...?_?

for good luck

hotsauce6548
Whoa! I never noticed Collosus is gay. That's dumb, Collosus is all badass, and then they make him gay.

Anyway, all the Ultimate series are great, and Ultimate X-Men is no exception!

DarkCrawler
Gays can be badasses too...

Just look at Midnighter and Apollo.

willRules
Ultimate Apocalypse has huge potential to be a great villain assuming he isn't a figment of sinister's imagination.......

LISA-J
What? I have always thought that it was the official word. Homosexual? No homosexual is the official word but homo is insulting-I know my brothers gay.

kichiku_beihei
Well obviously that little segment in Ultiamte X-men was just getting Sinisters feet wet into the series. I thought he looked cool, with the stutter, talking to hilmself, and the tattoos. He'll probably "evolve" later on down the road when Apocolypse appears.

pr1983
No homosexual is the official word but homo is insulting-I know my brothers gay.

So he speaks for every gay person on the planet...

some people find being called black offensive... alot don't...

willRules
Is this thread gonna be about the politically correct terms for everything or about comic books? mad

DarkCrawler
Didn't the tattoo guy say that Sinister was an stuttering geek named Essex? And he was an muscular guy. Maybe Apoc gave him powers.

pr1983
Didn't the tattoo guy say that Sinister was an stuttering geek named Essex? And he was an muscular guy. Maybe Apoc gave him powers.

Possibly...

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
Possibly...

Apocalypse is always enhancing those he feels worthy.

willRules
But didn't Apocalpse make a mistake though? Cos Essex didn't live up to his expectations cos he got beaten by a bunch of inexperienced X-men?

Mainstream
But didn't Apocalpse make a mistake though? Cos Essex didn't live up to his expectations cos he got beaten by a bunch of inexperienced X-men?

Sinister isn't exactly a fighter, his main talent is his intelligence..in the regular marvel universe he engineered Cable's birth and in AoA he created Xman..both of which are like super omega level telepaths. Sinister never was considered a brawler.

willRules
Thats a good point. He was smart enough to create two weapons strong enough to beat Apocalypse.

Mainstream
Thats a good point. He was smart enough to create two weapons strong enough to beat Apocalypse.

yeah Cable is destine to do it...Xman has the power..but I doubt he has the skill or the brains...or guts...but yeah Cable and his test tube half brother are cabable of destroying Apoc but having the power to do something isn' the same as doing it....Cable was infected with the Techno virus so he could never reach his full power...and in the 12 saga Apoc was gonna get inside of Nate Grey aka Xman body cuz his was getting a bit burned out.

willRules
Yet cyclops without optic blasts was able to thrawt apocalypse.

Mainstream
Yet cyclops without optic blasts was able to thrawt apocalypse.

true...in a weaken state Archangel beat him..but who don't get beat in a weaken state these days

willRules
Yeah. Although it was really kind of ironic (sorry 4 changin the subject) cos in secret wars Doom was the opposite to weakened (he had Godlike power) yet he got beat by Cap with a broken shield. Mind u it was partially cos Doom doubted his abilities..............

Mainstream
Yeah. Although it was really kind of ironic (sorry 4 changin the subject) cos in secret wars Doom was the opposite to weakened (he had Godlike power) yet he got beat by Cap with a broken shield. Mind u it was partially cos Doom doubted his abilities..............

I think Doom and most villians down fall is that they are very vain and think their plans are fool proof.

willRules
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think Doom and most villians down fall is that they are very vain and think their plans are fool proof.

Yeah thats true. If villains weren't so big headed then....................well they probably wouldn't be a villain! wink

Mainstream
Yeah thats true. If villains weren't so big headed then....................well they probably wouldn't be a villain! wink

true

DarkCrawler
SPOILERS:

Apparently the cat in Ultimate is not Mystique, but Xavier once "dated an young woman who went with that name".

willRules
Where do get that from info from?

Metalmanx
I like Ultimate much more than Uncanny now. I do love Uncanny, but the Ultimate universe is where it's at. The story is so much deeper, so much darker, I love it. I really do dig the darker image to the beginning of the X-men.

Magneto. Gah. He's like God in Ultimate. I like that because he really shows off what his power can do, he doesn't pussy-foot around

And Quicksilver is really awesome in Ultimate as well.

The characters, the plots, they're awesome.

And Ultimate Colossus is SO much cooler than other titles' Colossus.

willRules
Yeah I agree. it the same with cyclops in my opinion.

Colossus85
As most of you my see, I am a big fan of colossus. I have just of recent returned to comics. When I was younger I was always colossus. Now with that being said while reading the ultimate books and I have noticed them hinting at Peter being homosexual. I disagree with this no because I think homosexuality is wrong, but because I identify less with this character. Also I enjoyed the relationship between Kitty and Peter. On a positive note I enjoy the designs of the ulimate Colossus. Even if he is gay he is still a badass. He beat the crap out of Thour and to blow off some steam he picks fights with Logan.

But it would really suck if Colossus was a ***.

Metalmanx
Yea! Cyclops is so much more hardcore in Ultimate. Which is nice, cuz he's very anal in all the other ones, haha.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Colossus85
As most of you my see, I am a big fan of colossus. I have just of recent returned to comics. When I was younger I was always colossus. Now with that being said while reading the ultimate books and I have noticed them hinting at Peter being homosexual. I disagree with this no because I think homosexuality is wrong, but because I identify less with this character. Also I enjoyed the relationship between Kitty and Peter. On a positive note I enjoy the designs of the ulimate Colossus. Even if he is gay he is still a badass. He beat the crap out of Thour and to blow off some steam he picks fights with Logan.

But it would really suck if Colossus was a ***.

Honestly, it really shouldn't matter. I agree though, I, too, love the relationship between Piotr and Kitty. But if he's gay in this universe, so what? It adds a new element to his character really. And it's not as if he's gotten pansy or anything. What with his beating the crap out of both Thor and Iron Man. Lifting nuclear subs from the bottom of the ocean, stopping a full-speed train, chucking a Sentinel high into the air.

The second he starts acting girly and pansy though...he's gone.

munkiesarus
Spoilers. SPOIELRSSLSOSPOIELRS.

SPOILERS:

Apparently the cat in Ultimate is not Mystique, but Xavier once "dated an young woman who went with that name".

I read that issue, I need to buy it though. Wouldn't it still be a possibility, though? Like Xavier put her mind into a cat. Or something cooler. Cuz if the Ultimate Universe doesn't have a Mystique, that'd suck. She'd be so badass.

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Honestly, it really shouldn't matter. I agree though, I, too, love the relationship between Piotr and Kitty. But if he's gay in this universe, so what? It adds a new element to his character really. And it's not as if he's gotten pansy or anything. What with his beating the crap out of both Thor and Iron Man. Lifting nuclear subs from the bottom of the ocean, stopping a full-speed train, chucking a Sentinel high into the air.

The second he starts acting girly and pansy though...he's gone.

Yeah, he hasn't gone pansy. I originally read your post as thinking when Peter comes out, he's going to be a feminine gay. He won't go pansy, which is a highly offensive term.

xmarksthespot
Prof said that he used to date a woman named Mystique. He never said that he named the cat after her... Bad break up? lol
Cat Mystique could still be real Mystique.

I don't like nice peaceful Emma. She should be scheming something!

DarkCrawler
Where do get that from info from?

Newest Ultimate comic.

DarkCrawler
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7374/ultimatexmen0610026xb.th.jpg

munkiesarus
Mhmm, artwise, I think I like Ultimates art better.

Uncanny is constantly being whored to bad artists, and Chris Bachalo just got the next arc. And, frankly, he only draws Psylocke cool, those covers show us.

Stuart Immonen's art normally would rub off terrible on me, but I like it A LOT. It's got that cell shading thing you see in video games. Like Viewtiful Joe and X-Men Legends, the black outlining.

thundercracker
after reading this thread might have 2 buy sum ultimate xmen i usually steer clear of ultimates but seems popular enough in here 2 be worth a shot and the only reason i buy uncanny is x23 and psylocke

Metalmanx
Yeah, he hasn't gone pansy. I originally read your post as thinking when Peter comes out, he's going to be a feminine gay. He won't go pansy, which is a highly offensive term.

Woah woah. I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean anything bad by that at all, believe me. I'm the last person who would make some offensive remark about homosexuals and the like. I have many very close friends who are gay and lesbian. My roommate this year at college was gay, and I was totally cool with it. I didn't mean to offend you at all with that term. Really sorry about that.

What I was trying to say, is that it's good that even if he is gay he hasn't become feminine. Which I'm totally cool with. As long as he keeps his hardcore-ness, I could really care less if he's gay.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by thundercracker
after reading this thread might have 2 buy sum ultimate xmen i usually steer clear of ultimates but seems popular enough in here 2 be worth a shot and the only reason i buy uncanny is x23 and psylocke

Yea, man. I would DEFINITELY recommend buying some Ultimate X-men comics. What would be even easier is if you think you're going to like it, to buy the graphic novels of them instead. That way, you get six issues per book. Very nice.

I think you'd like it a lot. Go for it.

munkiesarus
Woah woah. I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean anything bad by that at all, believe me. I'm the last person who would make some offensive remark about homosexuals and the like. I have many very close friends who are gay and lesbian. My roommate this year at college was gay, and I was totally cool with it. I didn't mean to offend you at all with that term. Really sorry about that.

What I was trying to say, is that it's good that even if he is gay he hasn't become feminine. Which I'm totally cool with. As long as he keeps his hardcore-ness, I could really care less if he's gay.

If you read closely, you'll see I said 'I originally read your post as...'

Lol, sorry for confusion.

I LOVEEE Ultimate.

Lorna made a big boo boo!

kichiku_beihei
I hope the Ultimate series throws some curve balls and makes some of the heroes in other X- titles mortal enemies and enemies their friends. IMO, I thought it would have been better to make Wolverine a bad guy for a while, or an under cover bad guy set up by Xavier. I think it would have added more suspense and alot more speculations to make it more fun and enjoyable to read.

munkiesarus
Isn't Bryan Singer doing a run on Ultimate soon?

Metalmanx
...God, I hope not.

Mainstream
...God, I hope not.

I think he starts a year long run by the end of the year with an artist he personally selected....my personal fav is Pat lee (he recently did the xmen FF crossover) I"m not a huge fan of Singer but I don't flat out hate him either...his run should be interesting..to say in the least

Metalmanx
Sigh...I guess we'll just have to see. Here's hoping... ::crosses fingers::

willRules
Ultimate DEADOOL eek! 2guns

munkiesarus
Ultimate #61...

Kitty breaks up with Bobby, and she phase-punches him in the gut. The X-Men who were in the Danger Room are watching, ready to tease Bobby for his foolishness...but Peter's grin seems especially happy. :O Is this the teammate he <3s?! That would explain the enormous amount of team-shots with Bobby and Peter by each other. I thought it was brotherly love...

Marvelgeek
Ultimate #61...

Kitty breaks up with Bobby, and she phase-punches him in the gut. Like IN the gut? lookaround
...but Peter's grin seems especially happy. :O Is this the teammate he <3s?! That would explain the enormous amount of team-shots with Bobby and Peter by each other. I thought it was brotherly love... Hmm that's different. stick out tongue

willRules
what the heck. i didnt know bobby swings that way...............

Marvelgeek
what the heck. i didnt know bobby swings that way...............
Maybe he don't (poor piotr) maybe he do (I knew it! well in austens uncanny at least) smile

willRules
lol

munkiesarus
Austen! Argggghr!

munkiesarus
Aha! Look what munkies has found!

Onikirimaru
Maybe Xavier dated Mystique, but she cheated on him, or POed him enough that he mind raped her into morphing into a cat permenatly, just so he can toy with her.

Think about it, thats evil.

Paola
have you ppl seen Ultimate Wanda? sick

who draw her? no

wannabe

I totally agree! I love Colossus being gay without following a cliche, he is just too gorgeous.

I like what they do with the ultimate universe, ESPECIALLY the minor and major changes to the characters...after all it's not supposed to be a dull clone of the usuall Marvel universe, which already has enough alternate versions imo!!!
yes

Metalmanx
Ya know, just because Piotr has affections for the male side, doesn't necessarily make him gay. People keep assuming this. Why can't he be bi-sexual? That would make sense as well, would it not?

Anyway, I don't believe it's Bobby he cares for. If you pick up the Ultimate X-men graphic novel #6, you can clearly see he has STRONG feelings for Wolverine.

In fact, he was going to share his feelings for him when the two were fighting (well, Wolverine was really doing all the fighting) a mob of opponents, but Wolverine told him to keep his feelings to himself.

Then later, Magneto is torturing Wolverine and pinning Colossus's ORGANIC STEEL body down to the ground. Piotr gets really pissed, so pissed off, he pulls a Hulk. He keeps getting stronger and stronger until he actually starts crawling towards Magneto, and then starts to stand. This is really freaking Magneto out and he starts putting more power on him, but it's too late. Colossus struggles so hard that he actually breaks through Magneto's magnetic powers and stomps him really hard.

Then he says something along the lines of "NOBODY HURTS WOLVERINE!"

So...yea. I guess it was pretty sweet of him. If it wasn't for Colossus then, the X-men and the world would have lost.

Rock on.

wannabe
Ya know, just because Piotr has affections for the male side, doesn't necessarily make him gay. People keep assuming this. Why can't he be bi-sexual? That would make sense as well, would it not?

http://www.alphaflight.net/interviews/mm_interview1.php

When you read the interview with Mark Millar under this adress, you will learn that ultimate Colossus is indeed gay!
big grin

eristole
personally i think you guys are looking way to ****ing much into this..

it'd be really stupid of marvel to make him "gay".

imo i think he just developed a bond with certain x-men and wolverine is
one of them.

he's more emo than he is gay, maybe he's metro, i dunno but i think they blew that whole "i'm a hurt gay man because i love someone that wont ever love me back" card on iceman and northstar.

*edit* - after reading that, i'm pretty pissed that they would take someone like the big C and make him "gay" just because he's one of hte only x-men who hasnt had a huge storyline involving him with some relationship.

wannabe
Originally posted by eristole

one of them.

he's more emo than he is gay, maybe he's metro, i dunno but i think they blew that whole "i'm a hurt gay man because i love someone that wont ever love me back" card on iceman and northstar.

It's not "reading something into it", it's a fact stated by his creator!!!
Again...read the interview under http://www.alphaflight.net/interviews/mm_interview1.php

munkiesarus
Originally posted by Paola
have you ppl seen Ultimate Wanda? sick

who draw her? no

I like Ultimate Wanda...

munkiesarus
Originally posted by wannabe
I totally agree! I love Colossus being gay without following a cliche, he is just too gorgeous.

I like what they do with the ultimate universe, ESPECIALLY the minor and major changes to the characters...after all it's not supposed to be a dull clone of the usuall Marvel universe, which already has enough alternate versions imo!!!
yes

Yes, he's definitely a hunk in Ultimate.

Metalmanx
Hm...I suppose he is then. I just assumed he was bisexual, and just happened to fall for Wolverine. But okay. I guess that seals it.

It's still no problem at all. They still kept Colossus hardcore, in fact, even more hardcore than any other series in my opinion. So that's awesome. As long as they keep him the hardcore way he is, I'll have no problems at all with his sexuality.

I really wouldn't have a problem with it anyway honestly, haha.

munkiesarus

one of them.

*edit* - after reading that, i'm pretty pissed that they would take someone like the big C and make him "gay" just because he's one of hte only x-men who hasnt had a huge storyline involving him with some relationship.

Definitely, the reason is a little weak, but more emo than gay? Have we seen Peter slitting his wrists and crying about Wolverine not hugging him?

And METRO? I highly doubt Peter shops at A&F or anything.

Anyway, I don't believe it's Bobby he cares for. If you pick up the Ultimate X-men graphic novel #6, you can clearly see he has STRONG feelings for Wolverine.

In fact, he was going to share his feelings for him when the two were fighting (well, Wolverine was really doing all the fighting) a mob of opponents, but Wolverine told him to keep his feelings to himself.

Then later, Magneto is torturing Wolverine and pinning Colossus's ORGANIC STEEL body down to the ground. Piotr gets really pissed, so pissed off, he pulls a Hulk. He keeps getting stronger and stronger until he actually starts crawling towards Magneto, and then starts to stand. This is really freaking Magneto out and he starts putting more power on him, but it's too late. Colossus struggles so hard that he actually breaks through Magneto's magnetic powers and stomps him really hard.

Then he says something along the lines of "NOBODY HURTS WOLVERINE!"

So...yea. I guess it was pretty sweet of him. If it wasn't for Colossus then, the X-men and the world would have lost.

Rock on.

Oh, I was just being stupid with the Bobby affection thing. Yeah...Logan and Peter, awww.

eristole
frankly i'm kinda sick of the position they put gay people in,
they love someone who would never love them "like that".
it's pretty stupid.. not to mention most gay people i know are definetly
not like that. it's like me or you falling in love with brad pitt for the females
and pamela anderson for the males, it's just stupid and theres no way
we'd ever do that.
even though they are hot, were just not ****ing dumb enough to literally
fall for them.
cuz we know it's never gonna happen.

and as for pete being emo, the dude pouts over everything

munkiesarus
Dude, that isn't emo.

An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality.

That's the widely accepted definition of the term. Peter doesn't fall into that...he's much more stronger than to be labeled emo.

wannabe
not like that. it's like me or you falling in love with brad pitt for the females
we'd ever do that.
fall for them.

I fell in love with a real good heterofriend of mine once. I knew he would never love me "like that" but that didn't stop the feeling from growing...thats not stupid, it'pretty unfortunate(at best)!

Btw, falling in love with someone you know, from whom you know that he/her will never love you in return(i don't mean crushes on filmstars or the likes) is not a problem of a particular sexual orientation.

Nonetheless i have to agree on the fact, that authors are overusing this pattern a bit. sad

katie_girl09
No homosexual is the official word but homo is insulting-I know my brothers gay.
Who are midnighter and Apollo?

Paola
I like Ultimate Wanda...

she looks great there... but look at this:

DarkCrawler

What comic is that!?

willRules
That Ultimate mystique pic posted earlier is obviously Jean!

pr1983
Currently i dunno...

but classic uncanny wipes the floor with most comics nowadays...

munkiesarus
That Ultimate mystique pic posted earlier is obviously Jean!

No, it's not. Those wallpapers (they're all of a same, unique coloring style) already had one for Jean. That was my initial reaction, trust me, and I was like AWESOME cool manip, but then I saw Jean Grey's and it was a different pose and everything.

It's not a manip.

That's longshot, innit? In his Ultimate Arc I don't think he had a beard. I heard they joined the Ultimates, the two Maximoff twins. + that looks like Stuart Immonen's art, the guy that draws Ultimate X-Men right now. It's not too great there...maybe it's a different artist. Annnnyyywwaaayyy, Wanda's first appearences were great...lately ech not so much.

willRules
No, it's not. Those wallpapers (they're all of a same, unique coloring style) already had one for Jean. That was my initial reaction, trust me, and I was like AWESOME cool manip, but then I saw Jean Grey's and it was a different pose and everything.

It's not a manip.

That's longshot, innit? In his Ultimate Arc I don't think he had a beard. I heard they joined the Ultimates, the two Maximoff twins. + that looks like Stuart Immonen's art, the guy that draws Ultimate X-Men right now. It's not too great there...maybe it's a different artist. Annnnyyywwaaayyy, Wanda's first appearences were great...lately ech not so much.

Ok

Metalmanx
we'd ever do that.
fall for them.

No, he's pretty much 100% gay. I have most of the Ultimate series. He basically comes out when he fights Magneto off. And Storm all out tells Angel that Colossus most likely thought he was stunning, too.

It's okay. It's not a big deal really.

LISA-J
It makes him more interesting.

willRules
It give the character more dimension. I think that the question here is that did Marvel make colossus Gay to appeal to the variety of audiences?

E.g Wolverine is put in every comic because he is popular. Maybe Marvel made Colossus gay to appeal to gay fans?

munkiesarus
I just got the entire Ultimate Marvel Universe. Every issue of it so far. Off BitTorrent....oooooh this is SWEET.

pr1983
I just got the entire Ultimate Marvel Universe. Every issue of it so far. Off BitTorrent....oooooh this is SWEET.

im half way through that stick out tongue

munkiesarus
I'm finding myself skipping so many issues here, just looking at the pictures. And I'm only up to 25. A lot of it is too much heavy dialogue and I'm bored...well, it's getting better. So much sig material, I'm SO happy!!

munkiesarus
Oh god...any more Ultimate X-Men and I think I'm going to throw up. Literally. Oh god, my brain...

pr1983
I'm finding myself skipping so many issues here, just looking at the pictures. And I'm only up to 25. A lot of it is too much heavy dialogue and I'm bored...well, it's getting better. So much sig material, I'm SO happy!!

Yeah... always a high point... i had ultimate x-men 1-45 already... i'm mainly getting it to have the second series of the ultimates... the others don't really appeal to me that much...

DarkCrawler

Me too...

munkiesarus
Hmm...Ultimate Rogue getting on the team was a bit sudden, in my opinion.

Ultimate Emma Frost SUCKS. But at least we just got Dazzler ^__^

eristole
i've been trying to get it but the downloads going waaay too slow, if you've got aim and some free time i'd love to get a chance to get that from one of you.

DarkCrawler
Hmm...Ultimate Rogue getting on the team was a bit sudden, in my opinion.

Ultimate Emma Frost SUCKS. But at least we just got Dazzler ^__^

Dazzler rocks. big grin

pr1983
i've been trying to get it but the downloads going waaay too slow, if you've got aim and some free time i'd love to get a chance to get that from one of you.

i would if i could figure out how to transfer through aim...

is it your connection or your firewall?

munkiesarus
To transfer through AIM, you need to click on of the top buttons (I think the PEOPLE one. By buttons I mean "File, Edit, View, Go, Bookmarks" that kind of thing.)

You'll see SEND FILE. And that's it.

pr1983
Ah... ok... but dont u need to directly connect?

munkiesarus
Nuh uh, only if you want to send images into the IM box itself.

I finished all the Ultimate X-Men comics, by the way. I kind of like that Hank died...he was always brooding and stuff. He was the only one who didn't fit, I think.

I also read the Uncanny issue, the first HoM tie in. Brian Braddock is cool...and those X-MEN, literally men, was great and pretty fun. Rachel didn't look any different stick out tongue

pr1983
Nuh uh, only if you want to send images into the IM box itself.

I finished all the Ultimate X-Men comics, by the way. I kind of like that Hank died...he was always brooding and stuff. He was the only one who didn't fit, I think.

I also read the Uncanny issue, the first HoM tie in. Brian Braddock is cool...and those X-MEN, literally men, was great and pretty fun. Rachel didn't look any different stick out tongue

laughing out loud

willRules
LOL

I always had my suspicions about her...................

munkiesarus
Artist Steve McNiven will be drawing Bryan Singer's 12 Issue run on Ultimate X-Men.

His stuff is cool, I don't mind.

I, for one, hate hate HATE HATE HATE that Finch guy. The one on New Avengers now and the one who did the New Mutants story arc of Ultimate (some of the issues I think). UGH. I'm happy it's not him.

xmarksthespot
Ultimate Mystique takes the stage. Yay, she's not just a cat laughing out loud.
Although I'm still wondering if she was the cat and was spying on Xavier.

willRules
Yes I would like to see some connection to that cat somewhere in the storyline. I used to think that Xavier had mind controlled Mystique into becoming a cat and then sent a mental bolt that made her believe she was really a cat so she stayed like that...............

xmarksthespot
I liked the idea of Xavier being that manipulative... but I'm glad Mystique isn't trapped as a cat and apparently as ruthless as ever.

Mainstream
Ultimate Mystique hasn't ever appeared yet...nor has Destiny, Avalanche and Pryo..and Byran Singer run starts December...hmmmmm

kichiku_beihei
I just got done reading (glancing) at most of the Uncanny series. I don't like it too much how they always leave these giant loop holes in the story line and in characters. I also hate the fact that they will sart a story, then send it over to the X-Men series and start a new thing in the next Uncanny issue. But I do like the way they drew Psylocke love . Not how they originally drew here though. Originally she came off as weak, shy, and she looked misshapen.

So far the Ultiamte series hasn't created these big loop holes in the story and characters. Good thing. Also, thankfully they haven't started a new story, then shipped it off tosome other marvel title to be finished.

EuRaZn
Originally posted by Mainstream
Ultimate Mystique hasn't ever appeared yet...nor has Destiny, Avalanche and Pryo..and Byran Singer run starts December...hmmmmm

Speak of the devil, hehe. Ultimate Mystique just appeared on the last page of the most recent issue.

As for Ultimate, what I like best so far:

1) Ultimate Dazzler (she has the BEST and funniest lines)
2) Ultimate Colossus (I like his Russian mafia background and the fact that he's the last guy on the team that you'd expect to be gay)
3) The interaction among team members (seems a lot more coherent and substantive than those among the Uncanny members these days)

As far as what I don't like:

1) Uncanny recycling its stories. I thought it ironic that one of Brainchild's lines during the recent Savage Land adventure went something like "I can't believe you X-Men fell for that AGAIN!" My sentiments exactly for us readers, heh.
2) Uncanny's team roster. Maybe it's just because Claremont has questionable dialogue, but they really don't seem like they belong together.
3) Uncanny's Marvel Girl (Rachel). She used to wield the power of the Phoenix and was a Hound ... how'd she end up so weepy and helpless?

So I guess in conclusion: I like Ultimate a whole lot better than Uncanny these days ...

xmarksthespot
Ultimate Professor Xavier is a telekinetic.... huh...

wannabe
Ultimate Professor Xavier is a telekinetic.... huh... Yes, he has tp AND tk, though he said himself, that he's not as strong as Marvel Girl in the latter one...which is doubtful seeing what he does with the sentinel in the pic below...

princegoku
uncanny really has lost its appeal for me. ultimate x-men isnt as good as it was but it will get better. as for astonishing, lets just say i anticipate every issue

GODSCRIBE
uncanny, by far.

pyromaniac25
ultimate is better.

katie_girl09
Hey, remember when the X-men actually used to be like a family? *sighs nostalgically* sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>