Bruce Lee vs Jet Li

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaolin9976
In a pure hand to hand battle to death...who wins against these two masters of kung fu?!

colossus17
i dont know...back in ultimate fighters issue 346....oh wait.....s**t.....thats not a comic........

closing.........

black robb
Bruce Lee and you cant close anything

shaolin9976
I think Jet Li wins this one because he is more sophisticated than Bruce Lee when it comes to fighting.

K3VIL
Bruce Lee was the master, actually there's no one who has reached ranks near his level, maybe Dan Inosanto, maybe.
Jet Li is a great fighter ok, but Bruce Lee was THE fighter.

shaolin9976
A lot of Masters surpasses Bruce Lee's skill level. Bruce Lee was the one that made kung fu popular, but it doesn't mean he is the greatest. Bruce Lee fights more like a street brawler, whatever is effective, but Jet Li uses actual kung fu moves. that's how i see it. That's why even though bruce lee is the bomb, jet li will still beat him.

xmarksthespot
Possibly just a rumour. But I remember hearing something about Lee being able to retract his testicles so that he's not even vulnerable to a groin kick. Now that's a kung fu master. laughing out loud

shaolin9976
Anyone who studies the shaolin arts can do that feat..it's not something new.

FrothByte
Originally posted by shaolin9976
A lot of Masters surpasses Bruce Lee's skill level. Bruce Lee was the one that made kung fu popular, but it doesn't mean he is the greatest. Bruce Lee fights more like a street brawler, whatever is effective, but Jet Li uses actual kung fu moves. that's how i see it. That's why even though bruce lee is the bomb, jet li will still beat him.

actually that's why bruce lee will win. jet li uses too many forms and moves in his fighting. bruce lee doesn't use any fancy stuff. its pure speed and power and effectiveness. no other kung fu expert developed a style quite like bruce lee.

bruce lee's fighting style is not pretty to see, that's because he made it as practical as possible for fighting purposes.

shaolin9976
Its only fancy if there's no force behind it...Wushu practitioners practice like dancing...but a pure kung fu fighter doesn't fight like street brawl...it'll be easy for jet li to counter bruce's staight up attack...both have force behind their attacks, but Jet Li has gone deeper with his training than Bruce.

demigawd
Jet Li's northern style is crap for fighting. Bruce Lee lost a lot of fights, (he didn't pay enough attention in his Wing Chun class) but he could certainly beat Jet Li.

FrothByte
Its only fancy if there's no force behind it...Wushu practitioners practice like dancing...but a pure kung fu fighter doesn't fight like street brawl...it'll be easy for jet li to counter bruce's staight up attack...both have force behind their attacks, but Jet Li has gone deeper with his training than Bruce.

not so, jet li has gone deeper into his shaolin training while bruce has gone deeper with his own personal training. oh and bruce couldn't go too deep coz he died. smile

do you study wushu shaolin9976?

shaolin9976
Bruce Lee almost lost a northern shaolin guy who is not even a master...so i don't know how bruce lee could just kick jet li's ass.

FrothByte
who's the northern shaolin guy?

Dark Thor
jet li wins of course

Xplosive
Originally posted by K3VIL
Bruce Lee was the master, actually there's no one who has reached ranks near his level, maybe Dan Inosanto, maybe.

What!?
And people, Jet Li was never a amster, he don't even train effective martial art, he never trained Kung Fu.. Bruce Lee was master of Kung Fu.
But when Bruce Lee discovered limitaion of Kung Fu, he began to teach himslef ground fighting, wrestilng.. I don't think Jet Li ever even tried that.

RayIsGay
he got you there, I think Bruce Lee wins, I mean c'mon, its "Bruce Lee"

black robb
Originally posted by Dark Thor
jet li wins of course you need a cool sig and avatar. try this one

black robb
Originally posted by black robb
you need a cool sig and avatar. try this one

RayIsGay
you are too nice black robb, heh heh.

demigawd
Bruce Lee almost lost a northern shaolin guy who is not even a master...so i don't know how bruce lee could just kick jet li's ass.

Jet Li isn't a master. And Bruce almost lost to that guy before he developed Jeet Kune Do. In fact, it was what led him to abandon Jun Fan (his first self-developed style) in favor of Jeet Kune Do. Considering that Bruce had a grand total of four years of formal martial arts training at the time, the fact that he beat a senior northern shaolin student was very impressive.

shaolin9976
Jet Li is not a master, but he sure is no pushover. Bruce Lee's style is what you call waterdown in the martial arts world. It's not even a style. It's concept for his own way of fighting. You can't learn JKD deeply without knowing other styles first.

demigawd
Now THAT I agree with. JKD isn't something I believe can be taught. But it's not watered down...it's what works for Bruce Lee personally. But just as I can't teach you what my favorite ice cream flavor is, I can't teach you "my" take on martial arts and expect you to react as positively or effectively to it as I did.

Bruce still beats Jet, though, who isn't a fighter.

lifeisaglich
Bruce lee wins of course the reason as some of you guys have said that he found what he was working with limiting in some aspects that is why he created Jeet Kune Do...which took from different fighting tyles and made into one....

I agree that what bruce lee did with Jeet Kune Do is place what really suited him as a fighter but he wanted his students to find their own style...he wanted his students to expand and be flexible on what he has taught them and not just repeating every move he does..

Anyways I am pretity sure that Bruce lee knows a little beat of what Jet Li knows...which still makes Bruce lee the favorable one...to win...

CorderaMitchell
Bruce...........

Hulk Power
Bruce Lee would kick Jet Li's ass hardcore.

ZephroCarnelian
Bruce Lee would whupp Jet Li.

Jet Li just practices Wushu - or 'dancing' as my ex-sifu used to call it! big grin

Bruce might've been a jack of all trades, but he was a master of one...

the art of fighting. smokin'

brainchild81
Bruce wins.

daniel18
lee wins this WOOOOOPPPPPPPAAAAAAA TTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGG

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Bruce Lee would whupp Jet Li.

Jet Li just practices Wushu - or 'dancing' as my ex-sifu used to call it! big grin

Bruce might've been a jack of all trades, but he was a master of one...

the art of fighting. smokin'

cool "Coming soon to a theater near you."

I think that Bruce was all that 30yrs ago and for a reason. But alot of mods have been made to his style. Branching off of his ideas.

In addition that same 30yrs has gone by with the world of the martial arts combating Bruce's teachings.

And most artist that are on a world class level today and have done their homework.

And with Jet being in the conversation as the #1 on the planet in 2005. To me that says Jet has the potential to beats Bruce.

"Unleashed" WOW The best fight sences ever in my opinion. True it is a choreographed movie. But very little of Jet's style was dancey by any body's eye I'm sure. All close quarters fighting a very real situation in the "real" world of fighting for keeps today.

Jet wins cool

CorderaMitchell
bruce was in a league of his own, regardless of style...

Tron
Not comic-related.

Closing...

(And Bruce at the peek of his training could take Jet Li)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.