Dr.Doom/Magneto vs. DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Timslar
Heres the situation:

Dr.Doom is tired of another human being more powerful than himself so he goes to end Magneto. He invites Magneto to fight to the death (He plans to nullify him again....he's prepared!).

But the chosen area is populated by mutants and Magneto doesn't want them hurt. So he opens up a wormhole to an unpopulated area and tells Doom to go in. As Dr.Doom enters right behind Magneto his magic disrupts everything.

They end up in the DCU....as one.

Let the conquering begin. Is there anyone this new Dr.Magneto can't defeat?

ZephroCarnelian
Yes. Spectre.

shaolin9976
A lot bro...Dr. Magneto is not that powerful to conquer DC...He isn't one of the Brothers (the two strongest entity that the tribunal and spectre can't stop).

demigawd
I'm not sure what Doom would add to the equation. Doom has taken the power of people more powerful than Magneto and still ultimately failed. Doom has no real fighting techniques to add to Magneto, who is as adept at his power as possible, so neither of them would get much out of the amalgam. Dr. Magneto would get as far in the DCU as regular Magneto would = a good fight against the JLA, winning some, losing some.

Dark Thor
superman, darkseid, doomsday, zod, wonder woman, green lantern, batman, and solomon grundy are already too much for the duo

Timslar
I already considered Spectre, and it's ridiculous you felt the need to say it. (Why not put him up against God while we're at it?)

"superman, darkseid, doomsday, zod, wonder woman, green lantern, batman, and solomon grundy are already too much for the duo"

I hope you mean together, because I'm confident that just Magneto would be able to take out any of them one on one.

ZephroCarnelian
Err... Spectre is a superhero who fights in comics like a superhero, against bad guys.

That qualifies him to take on DrMags, lol.

And you asked an open question. If you didn't want people like that involved, you should state.

smile

shaolin9976
Magneto alone doesn't stand a chance against Superman or Doomsday...or even Darkseid...maybe he'll rip Batman apart and Solomon Grundy...but Green Lantern, Zod, Wonder Woman...those guys will put up a good fight...Magneto is not as powerful as those guys..

Dark Thor
DC has about, what, more than a hundred characters? im pretty sure dc will pull this off

demigawd
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Magneto alone doesn't stand a chance against Superman or Doomsday...or even Darkseid...maybe he'll rip Batman apart and Solomon Grundy...but Green Lantern, Zod, Wonder Woman...those guys will put up a good fight...Magneto is not as powerful as those guys..

Magneto = Dr. Polaris x 100. Dr. Polaris owned Superman last month, while being crazy and beating himself up at the same time, lol. So Magneto is far more powerful than Superman, or Doomsday or Zod, GL, Wonder Woman, etc.

Timslar
Alright, yeah. And my bad DarkThor, the last I checked Spectre was really, beyond crazy, powerful. So your post seemed kinda rude (Like posting on a marvel thread that TOAA would beat anyone). But alright, my bad.

And Shaolin I think Magneto has enough tricks to beat any of them except maybe Doomsday. (Depending on what he's been killed by recently. =P) As long as there isn't any "Oh Superman would just come at him going lightspeed while Dr.Magneto's back is turned.)

Exactly, demigawd.

shaolin9976
Demigawd...you have to be kidding me...saying Magneto is more powerful than Superman...Dr. Polaris beating Superman was a joke...this is a real fight with real powers...Magneto doesn't stand a chance...All Superman has to do is carry him out of space with his supersonic speed and Magneto won't even know what happened to him...No way Magneto is powerful than Superman..

Dark Thor
superman crushes superman

demigawd
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Demigawd...you have to be kidding me...saying Magneto is more powerful than Superman...Dr. Polaris beating Superman was a joke...this is a real fight with real powers...Magneto doesn't stand a chance...All Superman has to do is carry him out of space with his supersonic speed and Magneto won't even know what happened to him...No way Magneto is powerful than Superman..

Except Dr. Polaris beat Superman three times - two of those times was along with the rest of the League. It's not a joke - it's a fact. You're going to dismiss all three of those times because you don't want to believe that Dr. Polaris can own Superman?

it was already explained in Superman's own book why Superman can never beat someone like Magneto - Superman feeds off of yellow sunlight. Someone like Dr. Polaris or Magneto can control sunlight - they can suck it right out of Superman, or turn it red and weaken him. Superman stands no chance against someone who controls his power source.

shaolin9976
Superman is not going to stand up and wait for Magneto to drain the sun...if this is about life and death, the one super punch can end this fight in a second...remember, Magneto can be hurt, even by normal humans...how can he take a punch that can destroy and entire spaceship...this one is over before you even blink!

Dark Thor
Originally posted by Timslar
Alright, yeah. And my bad DarkThor, the last I checked Spectre was really, beyond crazy, powerful. So your post seemed kinda rude (Like posting on a marvel thread that TOAA would beat anyone). But alright, my bad.

what are you talking about? im just stating that if superman, doomsday, darkseid, ww, and gl and blah blah blah can defeat the duo by themselves. with the help of other DC they'd overkill the duo

Timslar
Err, I mean from Zephros post..I was looking at yours and put in the name, bah...

demigawd
Magneto has blocked an attack by Galactus and multiple attacks by Thor. You don't think he can take a shot from Superman? Thor = Superman. Galactus >>>>> Superman. While Superman is pounding away on Magneto's shield to no effect, Magneto just snaps his fingers and all that yellow sunlight in Supes body goes bye-bye.

shaolin9976
Just a snap huh...I didn't know Magneto is some kind of God....I still don't buy it...Superman has way more options in destroying Magneto thatn Magneto destroying Superman....and if you put Green Lantern, Doomsday too...no way Magneto wins over those guys too...not going to happen...not in this world.

Solidus Snake
of course mags has no clue supes is powered by sunlight so he will do no such thing

plastic man who has no metal in him would do the trick

batman would dress up as a servant to doom and poison him

mr miriacle or any jlaer could boom tube him to the sun

zatana would finish the fight in a sentence

doc fate would win

deadman would cause him to use his powers on himself

atom would also finish them off in a heartbeat

flash as well

dr. magneto wouldnt last.

demigawd
Magneto's options for destroying Superman include:

Removing the yellow sun energy from Superman (Magneto is able to see EM energy flows - he'd know instantly that Superman is absorbing yellow EM light and know to cut it off)

Turning yellow sunlight red

Controlling electrical impulses in Superman's brain to cause a neurological shutdown

Causing terminal nervous system destruction

Controlling the iron in Superman's blood, causing Superman to lose control of his body

Making Superman beat himself to death

Putting Superman to sleep with slowing bloodflow to his brain

Killing Superman by stopping bloodflow to his brain

Opening a black hole and sucking Superman in

Superman's options for destroying Magneto include:

punching him

ZephroCarnelian
Dr Polaris was beaten by the Teen Titans. smile

Obviously Supes' much famed inconsistancy again! big grin

And yes, Spectre is powerful - but he often fights on the same level as most heroes. In fact - a lot of his victims are bog-standard humans.

After all - it's not just super-villains who need some vengeance meted out... wink

EvilCap America
How would Doom be affected by the merger with magneto?If he picks up his habits and doesnt do what Doom does best Hes gonna get creamed.Doesnt even matter if he can drop Superman hes got a HELL of alot more to deal with and a certain group of people with Rings that make Green Things arent breaking easy

Piedmon
Magneto adds his magnetism, obviously. But Doom lends his knowledge of technology (he can even build time machines!), and his sorcerous ability (he is the second most powerful Magic User in the marvel universe.... that has to count for something!) as well as the raw strength and durability of his armor.

In a direct fight, he would still be outclassed and badly overmatched by the JLA, JSA, or even the Teen Titans (I could see him taking the Outsiders, though.) But with time to prepare, to build a powerbase, and start using what materials the DC universe has to offer, I could see Dr. Magneto being a very serious threat.

FrothByte
hmm... back to topic...

lucifer makes a pet out of dr. magneto. michael takes pitty on him and just kills him.

EvilCap America
Dr.Doomneto would definately become a BIG villian no doubt about it but the DCU already has alot of big powerful villians the likes of Despero Mordru Eclipso Vandal Savage etc.Nobody is gonna be happy about him being there but most likely the sheer numbers of DC heroes will still be able to step up and challange him

demigawd
Originally posted by Piedmon
Magneto adds his magnetism, obviously. But Doom lends his knowledge of technology (he can even build time machines!), and his sorcerous ability (he is the second most powerful Magic User in the marvel universe.... that has to count for something!) as well as the raw strength and durability of his armor.

In a direct fight, he would still be outclassed and badly overmatched by the JLA, JSA, or even the Teen Titans (I could see him taking the Outsiders, though.) But with time to prepare, to build a powerbase, and start using what materials the DC universe has to offer, I could see Dr. Magneto being a very serious threat.

People tend to forget Magneto's own technological achievements. Remember, Magneto is responsible for the mutates in the Savage Land - he basically created that entire civilization from scratch. If you look at Asteroid M and his underground bases, they're monumental achievements. He created Mutant Alpha, who was a reality warper of extreme power. He created Fenris, which is probably more powerful and as sophisicated as a Doombot, as well as Nanny and Orphan-Maker, other extremely powerful artificial intelligences. He doesn't really need Doom for technology knowledge.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by demigawd
Magneto's options for destroying Superman include:

Removing the yellow sun energy from Superman (Magneto is able to see EM energy flows - he'd know instantly that Superman is absorbing yellow EM light and know to cut it off)

Turning yellow sunlight red

Controlling electrical impulses in Superman's brain to cause a neurological shutdown

Causing terminal nervous system destruction

Controlling the iron in Superman's blood, causing Superman to lose control of his body

Making Superman beat himself to death

Putting Superman to sleep with slowing bloodflow to his brain

Killing Superman by stopping bloodflow to his brain

Opening a black hole and sucking Superman in

Superman's options for destroying Magneto include:

punching him

I believe Superman vulnerability to kryptonite is due to the radiation i.e. EM emitted by it's decay. If he does know this vulnerability then he should Dr. Magneto should be able to use it to his advantage due to his control of the EM specturm.

demigawd
Good point.

Beyonder
I'm not sure what Doom would add to the equation. Doom has taken the power of people more powerful than Magneto and still ultimately failed. Doom has no real fighting techniques to add to Magneto, who is as adept at his power as possible, so neither of them would get much out of the amalgam. Dr. Magneto would get as far in the DCU as regular Magneto would = a good fight against the JLA, winning some, losing some.

Your not sure what Doom adds to the equation? LOL

Try knowledge that is beyond Magneto's comprehension:

- Tech. knowledge
- Mystical knowledge
- Ovoid mindtrick
- One of the strongest will ever.

People tend to forget Magneto's own technological achievements. Remember, Magneto is responsible for the mutates in the Savage Land - he basically created that entire civilization from scratch. If you look at Asteroid M and his underground bases, they're monumental achievements. He created Mutant Alpha, who was a reality warper of extreme power. He created Fenris, which is probably more powerful and as sophisicated as a Doombot, as well as Nanny and Orphan-Maker, other extremely powerful artificial intelligences. He doesn't really need Doom for technology knowledge.

Doom's advancements:

- Time machine
- Devices that steal gods' powers
- Ships compable of leaving our solar system
- Gadgets to other dimensions
- Teleporters
- Fixed Ultron and made it under his control during SW I
- Spybots compable of secretly watching a GOD-like being in "The End"

Doom's techs put Magneto to shame.

brainchild81
Reg. Doom would take DC over.
Dr. MagDoom does it a bit faster.

long pig
Magneto can sense energy such as the type Superman uses, Magneto would know right away what Superman is, and how to fight him.

grey fox
doc doomneto beats superman easy other then the reasons demigawd posted above there is the little fact of doom knowing magic and since doom is part of Doctor Doomneto , Doomneto knows magic

And magic is Superman's number one weakness (second only to kryptonite)

long pig
Number one weakness, second only to kryptonite!!!big grin

Yeah, Doom isn't very good at magic at all, in fact, he's horrible at it.

He cheated in the whole magic test, he really isn't #2, or #100 for that matter.

Swanky-Tuna
What you end up with is a Dr. Magneto with a Lantern ring and Spectre's powers riding Wonder Woman around like a horse.

grey fox
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
What you end up with is a Dr. Magneto with a Lantern ring and Spectre's powers riding Wonder Woman around like a horse.

Now that would be a funny image laughing laughing

demigawd
Originally posted by Beyonder
Your not sure what Doom adds to the equation? LOL

Try knowledge that is beyond Magneto's comprehension:

- Tech. knowledge

Magneto's is just as impressive, just differently applied. Doom built a time machine, great. Magneto built a space fortress and kept it shielded from detection while it was being built. Magneto has far superior knowledge of molecular biology and genetics.

Doom's mystical knowledge is unimpressive. His magical feats are so few that they're basically meaningless. His whole reputation is basically in being considered "second in line" for sorcerer supreme, but that's a title he earned by cheating in that graphic novel, and has no feats to make that title mean anything.

Yes, because the most effective way to conquer earth is to leave your super-powered body for someone else...

Rivals Magneto, I doubt it surpasses it.

Iron Man, Reed and Forge have done it as well...it's not actually that hard to do in the Marvel Universe. Hell, Forge built a multi-dimensional transporter in a few hours. Bah.

So he's a leech. Magneto has BUILT gods.

*cough* Asteroid M *cough*

Magneto can actually do both under his own power now.

*yawn*

ZephroCarnelian
Wow.

People going on about how Magoom will be able to kill Superman...

Don't you realise that just the need to talk about that means that Doom will lose?

Even if he only takes second to deal with Supes...

That's seconds that Flash could deliver endless IMPs....

Seconds that a GL Exo-skeelton could step on him....

Seconds that Dr Fate will banish him back to Marvel....

Seconds that Darkseid will Omega Beam him...

And the list goes on and on and on....

Keep the Faith! smile

Keep it Whirly! big grin

long pig
That you whirly bird??
But yeah, I get what you're saying.

I can see for a way for Magneto to win, but he'd have to survive the first speed blitz, and I have my doubts that he could. If he comes into the fight with shields up, then maybe, if not, then no.

demigawd
If magneto knows about Superman's powers (and he will), he'd likely be far away when the battle starts and instead create a hologram of himself using his light control to draw Superman out, then, while still hidden, suck his power away.

Swanky-Tuna
Magneto's is just as impressive, just differently applied. Doom built a time machine, great. Magneto built a space fortress and kept it shielded from detection while it was being built.
But didn't Doom build that time machine out of his own suit? And possibly Ironman's suit?

long pig
That's kinda setting up a little bit of prep for Magneto's side. I usually visualize these fights as a drop in fight where they are in a eye sight of each other, and ready to fight right there.

But, in a comic, I don't see why Mags couldn't ambush or suprise Superman. But in these fights, unless stated, he can't.

Swanky-Tuna
I just assumed Dr. Magneto got time to get his crap together and planned his strike out since that's Doom's thing.

long pig
I was talkin to demi about Magneto, and about how he could beat Superman.

But I know what you're saying, but he'd have to have major prep and info on how to build a tool to harness the power of some major DC powerhouse before being able to take on the likes of Fate/Darkseid/yadayada.

Beyonder
Magneto's is just as impressive, just differently applied. Doom built a time machine, great. Magneto built a space fortress and kept it shielded from detection while it was being built. Magneto has far superior knowledge of molecular biology and genetics.

Doom built a device that spied on a GOD undetected, something even skyfathers couldn't get past. Akhenaten killed a slew of skyfathers few spying on him; Doom, however, got away with it. That surpasses building a space fortress and keeping it undetect by Earth governments. Doom was also undetected by the Magus until the very last moment during the Infinity Wars. He and Kang were undetected - something even Galactus' World ship couldn't do.

Magneto's feats are minor.

His suit did most of the work. He recorded it in his armor. Cheated? Yeah, he cheated and gainned new knowledge.

A last effort if all fells. Take over your opponents body and gain new powers. It's alot better than dying.

You mean Magnus wishes his will rivaled that of Doom. Doom was taken apart and disected by the Beyonder, he still manage to turn on his armor and absorb the Beyonder.

Doom trumped during SW I, leading the group of villains and taking control of the situation for a time. Magneto was following orders from Captain America.

Magneto isn't Iron Man. Iron Man's built weapons for the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Magneto ain't Forge either. And are you talking about the future Forge building a time machine, cause that's not proof of anything. When Magneto has built a time machine, then come back and talk. ...same goes for a multi-dimensional transporter.

And please, undetectable space fortresses are a dime a dozen in comics, not time machines.

Who again? Gods? Doom has become a cosmic god before. Magneto has what now? As for leech, Doom did under his own genius. He wasn't born mega powerful - he earned that. Call it what you like, but Magneto has never reached that level.

Asteroid M left what now? And did Magneto not have to tow that pile of garbage into space?

Magneto was born with such powers. Doom earned everything he's had. And everything he has is more than Magneto can ever dream of accomplishing.

xmarksthespot
When did this become Doom vs Magneto?

Beyonder
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
When did this become Doom vs Magneto?

"demigawd

I'm not sure what Doom would add to the equation. Doom has taken the power of people more powerful than Magneto and still ultimately failed. Doom has no real fighting techniques to add to Magneto, who is as adept at his power as possible, so neither of them would get much out of the amalgam. Dr. Magneto would get as far in the DCU as regular Magneto would = a good fight against the JLA, winning some, losing some."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.