Help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
My father is completely convinced that I can't buy a single piece of much needing clothing until I clean up my room. My room isn't really that dirty but since I am in the process of cleaning up the house alone the amount of trash that is taken out of it is extremely ridiculous and having only one regular sized curb-trash can I can only get rid of so much trash each week. He doesn't lift a finger around the house to help clean it and treats me like shit everytime I ask him to help. Then when we go over to one of our family friend's houses he tells them that I don't do a thing to help, and now they're convinced that I'm a horrid little brat. I have maybe two pairs of pants big enough for me that don't have holes in them and maybe five shirts big enough for me that I can wear out side of the house. And everytime I do something proactive like cleaning the bathroom. he says oh thats great and then over looks it and gets on my case for not cleaning another part of the house. And everytime i point out that he hasnt done anything he screams bloody murder at me. I feel completely over worked and unrewarded for anything I do. I don't even get allowance. I start school in a month and have practically nothing, for school, clothes and supplies wise. How can I convince him to shape up and pay attention to me? cry

Rob Owns You
My dad is the EXACT same way. He makes me do EVERYTHING and he sits on his ass on the lawnmower every once in a while and calls that work. Thank god my mom gives a shit more than he does. My best advice to you is to keep doing your stupid chores till he finally figures out that your doing something and starts rewarding you some erm

-Funky Punk-
sorry no advise.. i suck at giving advise,.. and spelling it..

a1hsauce
stick out tongue its your turn to get snipped at for grammer and crap mad use paragraphs!!! lol im joking big grin

yah welcome to adolescents... thats how parents are...cant do nothin about it erm

Ronny
Originally posted by Rob Owns You
My dad is the EXACT same way. He makes me do EVERYTHING and he sits on his ass on the lawnmower every once in a while and calls that work. Thank god my mom gives a shit more than he does. My best advice to you is to keep doing your stupid chores till he finally figures out that your doing something and starts rewarding you some erm Your lucky though, I have to put up with just him, he thinks he should be pittied just because my mom died two and a half years ago and compleatly over looks my feelings sad I just want him to shut up.

dark1365
Remember what I've said about someone being off worse than you, Ronny?

Yeah. Me, again.

Rob Owns You
Originally posted by Ronny
Your lucky though, I have to put up with just him, he thinks he should be pittied just because my mom died two and a half years ago and compleatly over looks my feelings sad I just want him to shut up.

Oh Im sorry, I had no clue that you dont have a mom sad Well in that case, mabey you should explain to him that you cant do EVERYTHING by yourself and ask him to help out just a little bit. Every little bit helps. And I dont see why he wont buy you anything, does he have a good job or not? erm

Ronny
Originally posted by dark1365
Remember what I've said about someone being off worse than you, Ronny?

Yeah. Me, again. Yes well, David. Somebody always has it better off then sombody else and if we just keep smiling and ignore the fact that our lives are better then others that we dont even know about wed end up killing off the human race. I'm sponcering a little boy with christian childrens fund and thats as much as i can do.

Ronny
Oh Im sorry, I had no clue that you dont have a mom sad Well in that case, mabey you should explain to him that you cant do EVERYTHING by yourself and ask him to help out just a little bit. Every little bit helps. And I dont see why he wont buy you anything, does he have a good job or not? erm He has one and he just got a payday. And I have told him that before he just yells at me

dark1365
Sorry.

Wait...what's your reaction when he starts yelling at you?

Ronny
Sorry.

Wait...what's your reaction when he starts yelling at you? I yell back at him. Usally wining the agrue ment up until the point where he sees that he can't possibly win and sends me to my room screaming that hews the father hes always rtight i have no say in my life blah blah

Rob Owns You
He has one and he just got a payday. And I have told him that before he just yells at me

He sounds like a complete ass

Ronny
He is one, he is extreamly vain

a1hsauce
ronny id say youre best bet is not to argue with him...you wont win. in the end he always has the parental authority to send you to your room... as long as he doesnt lay a finger on you. just do your best to hang in there

Rob Owns You
Have you ever tryed to move in with another family member, an uncle, grandmother, ect... ?

dark1365
I yell back at him. Usally wining the agrue ment up until the point where he sees that he can't possibly win and sends me to my room screaming that hews the father hes always rtight i have no say in my life blah blah
I see.
Well, for starts, I wouldn't yell back at him always. Don't raise your voice, support your arguments patiently, even if he screams his goddamn throat out. Like in a court of law, almost. Sooner or later he will realise that his reaction is worse. Does he drink?

Worst comes to worst, please modify my speech to your needs. Please adopt a tone of severe annoyance/impatience. Be in control. Don't raise your voice too loud; if he tries to interrupt, say "It is VERY RUDE to INTERRUPT ANOTHER when they are TALKING!"

"Look, you're just standing there and complaining, okay? That's all you do. That's all you EVER do, is just stand there and yell. That's what you were doing a week ago. That's what you were doing yesterday. So ONE DAY from NOW, if you start yelling at me again , I'll just ignore you. I'm sick of it, okay? I'm sick of you treating me like dirt. I've been doing what I can to clean the damn house. And you know what? You're NOT a good parent! So because of THAT, I'm not going to talk to you, I'm not going to listen to you. Until you stand and apologize to me."

It rendered my father speechless.

Ronny
Have you ever tryed to move in with another family member, an uncle, grandmother, ect... ? My uncle, the only one who leaves relatively close is a achololic and incapable to take care of a child. I could try to move in with one of my friends but that would have to be after my 17th birthday which is to far away

Rob Owns You
My uncle, the only one who leaves relatively close is a achololic and incapable to take care of a child. I could try to move in with one of my friends but that would have to be after my 17th birthday which is to far away

Hmm mabey that dosnt sound like a bad thing but, does her parents approve?

Ronny
I see.
Well, for starts, I wouldn't yell back at him always. Don't raise your voice, support your arguments patiently, even if he screams his goddamn throat out. Like in a court of law, almost. Sooner or later he will realise that his reaction is worse. Does he drink?

Worst comes to worst, please modify my speech to your needs. Please adopt a tone of severe annoyance/impatience. Be in control. Don't raise your voice too loud; if he tries to interrupt, say "It is VERY RUDE to INTERRUPT ANOTHER when they are TALKING!"

"Look, you're just standing there and complaining, okay? That's all you do. That's all you EVER do, is just stand there and yell. That's what you were doing a week ago. That's what you were doing yesterday. So ONE DAY from NOW, if you start yelling at me again , I'll just ignore you. I'm sick of it, okay? I'm sick of you treating me like dirt. I've been doing what I can to clean the damn house. And you know what? You're NOT a good parent! So because of THAT, I'm not going to talk to you, I'm not going to listen to you. Until you stand and apologize to me."

It rendered my father speechless. No he doesn't drink. Thanks, I'll try that. but im almost postive hell scream at me

dark1365
Then just do what I said in the first paragraph..try and be patient.

Ronny
Hmm mabey that dosnt sound like a bad thing but, does her parents approve? His, and yes they think I could stay with them for a while. But unfortantatly my father know wherethey live and wouldn't approve. which is why i have to wait till im 17

Ronny
Then just do what I said in the first paragraph..try and be patient. I will

dark1365
Why doesn't the ******* approve? So he can bully you around for another couple of years? mad

Ronny
Yea, i bet. Hes extreamly overweight and ive tried to help him but everytime i try to take him to the gym he makes exuse and then complians about how big he is and how he cant work

dark1365
............blink

Okay, I take back what I said about me being off worse than you. I'm sorry.

Nevermind......second "worst comes to worst": Please feel free to mock me if I made the wrong suggestion: He's still a human, and therefore still likely to have human/sentimental values. Play on them.

E.G: Think being a little tearful will do the trick maybe?

Rob Owns You
His, and yes they think I could stay with them for a while. But unfortantatly my father know wherethey live and wouldn't approve. which is why i have to wait till im 17

What the hell, you can move where you want. I would move in with them wether he approved or not. You wanting to go away from him will make him see that he has been a huge ass. He will figure out why you want to leave him so theres another way you can convince him...

Ronny
No dark Ive cried alot it doesnt help.

Actully i can't its illegal

dark1365
DAMN!

SlipknoT
My father is completely convinced that I can't buy a single piece of much needing clothing until I clean up my room. My room isn't really that dirty but since I am in the process of cleaning up the house alone the amount of trash that is taken out of it is extremely ridiculous and having only one regular sized curb-trash can I can only get rid of so much trash each week. He doesn't lift a finger around the house to help clean it and treats me like shit everytime I ask him to help. Then when we go over to one of our family friend's houses he tells them that I don't do a thing to help, and now they're convinced that I'm a horrid little brat. I have maybe two pairs of pants big enough for me that don't have holes in them and maybe five shirts big enough for me that I can wear out side of the house. And everytime I do something proactive like cleaning the bathroom. he says oh thats great and then over looks it and gets on my case for not cleaning another part of the house. And everytime i point out that he hasnt done anything he screams bloody murder at me. I feel completely over worked and unrewarded for anything I do. I don't even get allowance. I start school in a month and have practically nothing, for school, clothes and supplies wise. How can I convince him to shape up and pay attention to me? cry Ronny, you're a girl you shouldnt wear clothes smile ...But my best advice would be to start running with a gang around your area, like the bloods and become close with them so they always have you back, and then next time your dad is being a dick BAM he has 4 caps in his ass, then you can go out living the rest of your life as a Ghetto queen smile

Rob Owns You
Gangsta yo

Morning_Glory
My father is completely convinced that I can't buy a single piece of much needing clothing until I clean up my room. My room isn't really that dirty but since I am in the process of cleaning up the house alone the amount of trash that is taken out of it is extremely ridiculous and having only one regular sized curb-trash can I can only get rid of so much trash each week. He doesn't lift a finger around the house to help clean it and treats me like shit everytime I ask him to help. Then when we go over to one of our family friend's houses he tells them that I don't do a thing to help, and now they're convinced that I'm a horrid little brat. I have maybe two pairs of pants big enough for me that don't have holes in them and maybe five shirts big enough for me that I can wear out side of the house. And everytime I do something proactive like cleaning the bathroom. he says oh thats great and then over looks it and gets on my case for not cleaning another part of the house. And everytime i point out that he hasnt done anything he screams bloody murder at me. I feel completely over worked and unrewarded for anything I do. I don't even get allowance. I start school in a month and have practically nothing, for school, clothes and supplies wise. How can I convince him to shape up and pay attention to me? cry

after reading all that ...makes me glad to be out of the house and on my own... just do what your parents say so you can get what you want ... i guess... confused erm

dark1365
Let's stick to reality, how 'bout, Slip?

Morning_Glory
what about Slip?

SlipknoT
Let's stick to reality, how 'bout, Slip? No, I was being dead seriouse.

Morning_Glory
erm

dark1365
I woke up today with a brilliant (or pathetic, or wishful thinking. Your decision.) solution. It may be one hell of a long shot, but worth a try. I'll PM Rob and MG and see what they think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.