Episode II--Attack of the Really Bad Movie Titles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Attack of the Clones could have worked in the '50s. Unfortunately, this movie was released in 2002. Now that we know how the events of Episode II fit in with the rest of the series, what would have been a better name for it? I would have prefered it to have been called Army of the Republic. What do you think?

Lord Ganon
It should of been called.

Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars

matreid
Originally posted by Lord Ganon

Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars

That's a good one. smile

Dark Lord Plo

Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars Jumpy

Red Superfly
How would that work?

You are saying "Wars" twice in a title.

Besides, "Attack Of The Clones" is supposed to sound like 50's B-Movie. It's no more B-Movie sounding than "Empire Strikes Back".

Anyhow, the title of Episode II is probably the best thing about that movie.

Lord Ganon
Acually I was being sarcasatic.

BTW, the original title for Episode I was:
"Star Wars Episode I: The Clone Wars"

Red Superfly
Acually I was being sarcasatic.

BTW, the original title for Episode I was:
"Star Wars Episode I: The Clone Wars"

Fair do's. You can't tell who is being sarcastic around here anymore.

I mean, I actually believed that you were serious. It wasn't your fault, it's because of the sudden influx of idiots we've had, who would usually come up with that kind of crap as genuine posts.

I wish The Clone War was part of Episode I though. Episode I still feels "out of the loop", like it's events don't matter.

General Zodiac
How about
Star Wars
Episode II
Shadows of the Republic
Or something like that

exanda kane
Hmm. The Shadows of the Republic doesnt work, the AotC title would work if the 'guys in suits' could think of a better word than just 'attack'.

Apart from that, Episode 1 def. feels out of the loop, i actually feel that episode one should have become ep. 2, we'd got a better idea of who Anakin is etc., and then a whole film could have been spare to the clone wars.

Dresta
yeah we don't really need to know about where anakin came from

Darth Macabre
Episode 2: Defense of the Republic would have been alright in my opinion. But Attack of the Clones is good enough.

Lord Ganon
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Fair do's. You can't tell who is being sarcastic around here anymore.

I mean, I actually believed that you were serious. It wasn't your fault, it's because of the sudden influx of idiots we've had, who would usually come up with that kind of crap as genuine posts.

I wish The Clone War was part of Episode I though. Episode I still feels "out of the loop", like it's events don't matter.
LOL, I agree. I'm not really new to Forums, I went here because I got banned from theforce.net Forums. I always hated the stupid n00bs who come and post crap that doesn't make sense.

Gryn Jabar
Episode 2: Defense of the Republic is good, but not informative enough, it doesn't stir the blood like the other titles.

Lord Ganon
Truthfully, I like the title as it is.

DarkAge
Originally posted by Red Superfly

I agree. The PT was set too far before the OT. Because it took place 32 years before A New Hope, stuff was too far removed from the bits that people actually cared about. I'm sure no on would have minded if they had started the trilogy with Palapatine as Supreme Chancellor, Anakin as Obi-Wan's Padawan and had Anakin meet Padme as a teenager. Besides, what kind of guy spends ten years obsessing over a chick he hasn't seen in as much time?

JKozzy
Anakin Skywalker, of course. Where have you been? stick out tongue

DarkAge
I know he was supposed to be creepy, but still, that's some hardcore creepiness.

exanda kane
I think we wouldn't mind about the title if Ep.1 wasnt the phantom menace. That was a crap title for a crap film; AotC was 'much' better than PM but has a kinda bad title. that doesnt make sense anyhow

mysterio69
GL should've skipped the whole birth by midi-blah-blahs, started palpy's influence over anakin that we see in ep III into ep II., have anakin meet padme as a teen, not when he's a child, etc...etc...etc...
but there's no use complaining is there?

Red Superfly
We didn't need to see Lukes childhood - so why did we need to see Anakins? That's my biggest criticism, because it has serious repercussions on the pacing of the whole saga.

mysterio69
but then how would we know that he could race pods?! how?!

General Zodiac
The Phantom Meneace is Sidious. He's the Phantom of the films since he's controlling everything. And I really liked TPM.

mysterio69
sidious? you don't say? hmmm...interesting. big grin

Saberstylemasta
Truthfully, I don't really care about why the title is what it is and truthfully, i don't see why you ppl make soooooo much comotion over the littlest things.

theredbaron
I have rewritten Episode I for my own personal satisfaction, and in that I begin Anakin's training in his mid-to-late teens, and I set the stage for the Clone Wars by the end of it, which is exactly what I'm going to call my version of EPII: The Clone Wars. And there's no problem having the word 'Wars' in the title twice - the saga is called 'Star Wars', because they are fighting wars in outer space...

viking12344
I would very much like to see that. Especially after trashing GL's script the way you did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.