Sega Genesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
SG gets no respect, I pity the foo' who doesn't respect sega genesis.

Anyway, what are the greatest SG games out there?

SaTsuJiN
for sega genesis.. I loved :

Road Rash series
Skitchin'
Bonanza Bros.
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Streets of Rage
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Mortal Kombat 1 (cuz it had blood)
General Chaos
X-men (not the 2nd one.. 2nd one sucked)
Cyborg Justice

and I cant remember any others at the moment >_>

long pig
What the hell is Skitchin'? I see it and was going to get it, but I don't know what it is.

Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Cyborg Justice
^^^What are these three about? If they are good I'll get 'em.

SaTsuJiN
Skitchin was like road rash on roller blades.. it was a different playstyle but it was awesome ... basically you "skitch" a ride by hanging off the back of a cars bumper to get max speed.. then you just go from bumper to bumper (in the later levels the cars pop their trunks to piss you off).. also other skitchers are looking to pound your teeth in so thats where the combat aspect comes in.. really fun (IMO)

cyborg justice is like a beat-em-up where you can basically choose your body parts that you start with (torso you cannot change because then your life functions cease).. however you can steal other body parts, such as arms and legs, from other enemies you encounter

altered beast is another beat em up that first released with sega genesis.. you basically obtain orbs and become a humanoid animal hybrid and beat down lots of undead and mutant monsters (lot of greek mythology type stuff in there too)

golden axe is a beat em up as well (beat em up = streets of rage style)
but you get potions and items that give you super moves and extra life and so forth.. you also get rideable mounts sometime into the game (but are for that level only)

Wanderer259
Shinobi III, man. The second X-Men game was awesome, I think.

long pig
Ah, sounds sweet. Thanks.big grin

That Altered Beast game is kinda cool, you change into a strong guy then stronger, your shirt rips, then you become a wolf. lol awesome.

long pig
Xmen Clone Wars? Yeah, I just got it, it owns.

Shinobi is sweet too.

SaTsuJiN
I only prefer the first one because I felt the powers had a purpose... like if your friend chose nightcrawler he could port you both through walls and obstacles.. in the clone wars they look alot better but the powers are just for slapping people with like a long distance punch (including nightcrawlers tele)

Wanderer259
This is true.

long pig
Yeah, you're actually right. NC's teleport doesn't even let you go through walls.

What are some of the more odd/extra creative games to come out on SG?

EvilCap America
The Genesis version of Shadowrun is an underrated classic that deserves a LOT more respect.Any RPG that is willing to add a ton of stuff outside the actual plot for the SOLE purpose of adding realism and background to immerse you in the setting has gotta score some major points

SaTsuJiN
there was a first person shooter called Zero Tolerance I think.. that one was pretty neat.. ooohh and Flashback.. that had awesome animation/sound and an eerie alien atmosphere

powerfulone1987
Mega Bomberman

Dashing Desperados (Highly Recommend this one)

Both X-men games

These are good.

EvilCap America
Gee hope im not the only one that played Shadowrun again reccomended

Anyways something ese not mentioned here games of LEGENDARY EPIC porportions

Phantasy Star 2 3 and 4
Shining Force 1 and especially 2

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Streets of Rage II is close to my favorite game of all time.

Gee, there are so many classics

Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
SOR series
Sonic
Cyborg Justice
MKII
Double Dragon
Zombies Ate My Neighbours
Shadowrun
Phantasy Star
Road Rash
..the list goes on

SaTsuJiN
Oh yeah, how could I forget Mutant League Football and Mutant League Hockey

EvilCap America
YEAH Zombies Ate My Neighboors rocked big grin

That game rocked and would have been an all-time great if the password system let you keep weaponry

SaTsuJiN
Toejam and Earl

shadow12
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Toejam and Earl that was a messed up game

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Damn, how could I forget Toejam and Earl. What a classic.

EvilCap America
Toejam and Earl taught me that good Ninjas skills will enable you to rob Santa Claus

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by long pig
SG gets no respect, I pity the foo' who doesn't respect sega genesis.

Anyway, what are the greatest SG games out there?

I love the SG!! big grin

Sonic
Sonic2
Sonic3
Sonic&KNuckles
Sonic&KNuckles attached to sonic 2
Sonic&Knuckles attached to sonic 3
MK3
Road Rash 3
Battletoads and Double Dragon
Shinobi3
Smash tv, and loads of others
Toxic Crusaders Happy Dance

Darth Jello
They should have put out the sega Neptune. In case you don't know, the Neptune was planned to be put out together with the Saturn, it's a Genesis with Sega CD and 32x built in. Referring to the complete Genesis/Neptune system, I think that it's a threeway tie between megaman:The Wily Wars, Castlevania Bloodlines, and Sonic CD

Swanky-Tuna
I honestly don't think there was an x-men game on sega that didn't suck.

The Shining Forces were pretty cool.

Toejam & Earl 1 was good but I didn't like the 2nd that much.

CorderaMitchell
Some of the classics

stunna1773
sonic
punisher
vectorman(its crazy yo)

SaTsuJiN
that fighting game Ballz was pretty funny too

long pig
Vector man 1&2 was awesome.

You should check out vimm.net, you can get all of these games as emulation. Its awesome to play these games again.

Smash TV was soooooo dumb, but it was fun. Just shoot all day at zombies.

CorderaMitchell
Ballz wasnt too great, Vector man was decent.

How about Ren and Stimpy?

long pig
Which ren and stimpy? I hated em all. no expression

Ballz3d was a decent fighting game, it was 3d in an age of 2d fighters.

Biker mice from mars was good. Black Thorne was awesome to me, it's overlooked a lot though, same with carrier aces.

CorderaMitchell
I loved battletoads and double dragon.

Ballz is one of the worst games ever, period. You should really try plaing it again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.