Could Padme have brought Anakin back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
If Obi-Wan hadn't shown up with Padme, she could have softened Anakin enough to change his mind. Obi-Wan kind of ruined it for Padme by choosing to sneak up at that moment. He was the reason why Anakin thought she had turned against him.

Mstr GEKA
I kind of agree with you... That was mostly to give some hope and to show that there was still good in him... Feeling betrayed by Padme was the last push towards an (almost) definitive turn to the Dark Side... she was what matters the most to him.

But knowing that SW ANH was shot in 1977 no she could not... it was destiny...

Prequels... Humm!

Eleonora
I don't know about that. I thought so too before I read the book, but in the book you get the impression that Vader is "pretending" to be Anakin at that point, he's forgotten his purpose and he remembers only when re realises he's in the black mask.

Darth Travizzle
Ya, if anyone could've changed Anakin, it was Padme.

Jeditaz345
Im not sure if she could of brought anakin back. Hes so head strong and wont let anyone tell him what to do, i really cant tell. But i bet if Obi wan hadnt of shown up then she could of calmed him down and maybe turned him good, But if you think about it logically once he killed all the Jedi, Anakin had truely died and gone.

((The_Anomaly))
no she could not have. the reason he turned was because he knew she was going to die in childbirth. no matter what she said, he knows she cannot see the future and with palps promise of being able to saver her, he would never have listened to her.

his thinking was "i wont let what happened to my mother happen to you, at any cost"

i dont think it would have made any difference.

chubbychipmunk
well. i think that even if ob1 didn't come padme still would have turned against him. then anakin would go find ob1 and they'd have that little fight

General Zodiac
yes

Captain REX
If anything, if Obi-Wan hadn't appeared, Obi-Wan just wouldn't have had another shot to kick Anakin to the curb. Padme could not have brought Anakin back. If anything, she just would have delayed his ultimate dive...

Darth-x-Padme
I agree i love anakin and if i was padme and star wars was true realitiy i would of softened him and he and i can go back to naboo and raise our children and grow old together

starwars

plz reply

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Darth-x-Padme
I agree i love anakin and if i was padme and star wars was true realitiy i would of softened him and he and i can go back to naboo and raise our children and grow old together

starwars

plz reply

Just because you put plz reply doesn't mean anything. stick out tongue

In fact, since you put that, I refuse to reply.

Damnit! I replied, didn't I?

Darth_Rankkor
If obi1 didn't show up has he did, padme could probably bring Anakin to her and have him follow. And if he was away from everything for a while and with padme giving birth maybe he came to his senses. But that's a bunch of "if's" and I don't lead with "if's" hehehehe But kinda gives another perspective of all thing

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Darth-x-Padme

starwars

plz reply

You were taking a risk. What if he cut off yer head?! hehehehe

jerlark386
You never know. Anakin is actually fairly easy to manipulate.

Maybe if Padme threatened to kill herself unless he came with her.
Very interesting, ..hmmmm.

Vanquish
Interesting comments, but I think you are all still forgetting that Anakin knows already that Padme is going to die. What the hell would be the point of him going with her anywhere, and not turning to the dark side? He feels POSITIVE that the ONLY way to save her is through the dark side.

Didn't you guys watch the movie? Sigh... He turned FOR HER !!! Not despite of her.

R2D2-89
no, if obi wan hadn cum anakin wouldv probably gotten angry by the fact that padme refused to join him, in his eyes this wouldv implyed that she didnt love him or care for him ne more, so he wouldv become pissed off by her anyway...

jerlark386
Originally posted by Vanquish
Interesting comments, but I think you are all still forgetting that Anakin knows already that Padme is going to die. What the hell would be the point of him going with her anywhere, and not turning to the dark side? He feels POSITIVE that the ONLY way to save her is through the dark side.

Didn't you guys watch the movie? Sigh... He turned FOR HER !!! Not despite of her.

I did'nt forget anything. This is all hypothetical anyway. He forsees her death, but obviously he thinks he can change it. He thinks the darkside is the only way because that was the only option he saw to save her. He would leave the darkside if he knew that was NOT the way to save Padme.

Vanquish
Hypothetical threads are fine for some things, but Anakin turning to the dark side to save padme is the major storyline in the fricking movie, and changing that, or questioning it in any way makes very little sense.

While your all at it, why don't you hypothetically have Anakin die in the pod race in TPM and "see what happens"

Wickerman
No, he couldn't have. He didn't even know what he was doing properly for Christ's sake. He only realizes what he's done and what's happened when the mask is put on his face....

~wickerman~

Darth Halo
I don't think she would have saved him. He hasn't seen the lies that the emperor is full of. It wasn't until Luke stood up to the emperor that reminded him who he was. Besides I think the emperor put those images into Anakin's head just like I think he put his mother's death into his head. I mean when yoda was talking to him he was saying be careful with your premonitions or something like that.

jerlark386
Originally posted by Vanquish
Hypothetical threads are fine for some things, but Anakin turning to the dark side to save padme is the major storyline in the fricking movie, and changing that, or questioning it in any way makes very little sense.

While your all at it, why don't you hypothetically have Anakin die in the pod race in TPM and "see what happens"

I think you misunderstand me. I don't want to change the whole story or anything. I'm just trying to follow a charater pattern.

Later on, I understand Anakin is brought away from the Dark Side by his son. His son showed him mercy and compassion.(well after he kicked his ass anyway). I'm just saying if these feelings were shown early on maybe, just maybe Padme could have turned him. But Obi-Wan spoiled it, even if it were possible.

Rogue Jedi
this is a debate FJ and i have had over and over. annie was too far gone to be saved by anyone.

AAskywalker
i got the impression that vader was pretending to be anakin at that point he took off his hood and became softer So no "i have brought peace to my new empire" "your new empire"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.