Screamo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Df02
i know this'll sink very very quickly... but never mind - it's too 'scene' to stick around too long anyway stick out tongue

recently Screamo has taken over my winamp and CD player, so i'm going to list a bunch of proper screamo bands i've been listening to and people can discuss or look up or slate or do whatever they want in this thread, aslong as it's relatively ontopic.

1 thing i ask is not to start the generic 'scene' bashing, it's boring now... and besides i'm not scene in the slightest really...

Spirit of Versailles
Circle takes the Square
City of Caterpillar
Orchid
Neil Perry
Hot Cross
Joshua fit for battle
Funeral Diner

and although both have moved away from it:
The Locust
Converge

out of all the bands if you have any interest in the genre i recommend Neil Perry and Orchid. Both slightly different takes on the genre, with Orchid being a touch less abstract and a bit more rythmic, and Neil Perry well... to be blunt, just being plain awesome.

After browsing a few forums looking for a decent thread on this topic i have given up and decided to make my own... even though i know it'll fail miserably or end up being another discussion about emo

Deathblow
I like Joshua Fit For Battle, and Circle Takes The Square are amazing. Liked Converge for ages.

I like As The Sun Sets too, not sure if they count, but they're just insane.

Df02
if you like JFFB, like i said, i highly recommend Neil Perry - theyre my new favourite band, not quite above Willhaven overall though.

Imaginary
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never heard of any of these bands embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
I've only ever liked Jane Doe by Converge.

Very good album.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by Imaginary
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never heard of any of these bands embarrasment

ashamed because you thought you knew what screamo was? lol

honestly, half the bands in this list have a strong case for being original emo, the name just being stolen.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Df02
ashamed because you thought you knew what screamo was? lol

honestly, half the bands in this list have a strong case for being original emo, the name just being stolen.

Well not really ashamed... hard to explain. It has nothing to do with Screamo as a genre though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.