silver surfer vs energy superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
who would win in this battel. i would say they are close in the speed part because energy superman is waay faster then light. also i dont think norrin radd molecular conversion powers would work on superman because he has full control of the molecules in him. surfer bets energy superman in the strength part very very very badly but in this battle strength is not a winning factor.

GalacticStorm
Already been done. SS wins this more easily than he would beat standard supes

whirlysplat
Well some don't believe he could beat standard supes big grin

GalacticStorm
Doesnt change the fact that SS would win this easier than he could against standard supes.

whirlysplat
Well Some think Surfer fanboys overate him big grin

GalacticStorm
lol some believe the same for supes fanboys.

As it stands, energy supes would get rocked by SS. This thread should be closed, the outcomes quite apparent. big grin

Damn whirly you've got me loving those smileys lol

whirlysplat
big grin good big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Well some don't believe he could beat standard supes big grin

Some of us don't accept facts. Not talking about you, though, whirly. winkOriginally posted by whirlysplat

Anyone who can beat Superman is "overrated." wink

whirlysplat
Norrin Radd Blah Blah Power Cosmic blah blah blah Cyborg Superman blah blah blah crossovers are not canon blah blah unless its convenient blah blah blahbig grin

Cosmic Cube
Norrin Radd Blah Blah Power Cosmic blah blah blah Cyborg Superman blah blah blah crossovers are not canon blah blah unless its convenient blah blah blahbig grin

As always, I'm glad to hear your opinion.

Hey, did Cyborg Superman ever consider just carrying around a can of metallic spray-paint? I mean, if he can simply control anything that looks metallic, with just a little silver spray paint, he'd be undefeatable. wink

whirlysplat
Good idea big grin

Cosmic Cube
Good idea big grin

lmao

kgkg
SS wins so easy.

Supermen’s are no match for the power cosmic.

Did you see what Polaris did to superman, now think of Silver Surfer doing that to Supes

Energy supes even an easier target.
sad

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
SS wins so easy.

Supermen’s are no match for the power cosmic.

Did you see what Polaris did to superman, now think of Silver Surfer doing that to Supes

Energy supes even an easier target.
sad

Many disagree How about surfer v Supes in the heart of the sunbig grin

kgkg
Many disagree How about surfer v Supes in the heart of the sunbig grin
heart of the Sun? he will blow the Sun to bits with Superman

snoopdogg
heart of the Sun? he will blow the Sun to bits with Superman Zip it kgkg eek!

whirlysplat
heart of the Sun? he will blow the Sun to bits with Superman

That I doubt big grin

kgkg
That I doubt big grin
why not he goes to the core and boom , he can easily do such things

Supernova is nothing to the Silver Surfer smile

SS also get's charged from stars

whirlysplat
Well Galactus doesn't eat planets that easily big grin

Cosmic Cube
Well Galactus doesn't eat planets that easily big grin

Destroying stars is not much of a feat for a herald. It's well within the Surfer's means. Even Nova is capable of destroying a star.

It seems that you are mistaking in depth knowledge of a character's abilities for overestimation. Surfer has had some poor showings in his day, but his better showings prove that he's immensely powerful.

Galactus has to transmute a planet's life energy into a usable form before he absorb's it.

Avalonofthewind
Electric Supes would be a much harder fight for Surfer than even regular Supes in some ways.

GalacticStorm
This thread has already been done and it was agreed by many that SS wins this easily in many ways.

Avalonofthewind
I know its been done...I made it.
Nothing was proven in the other one either.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Destroying stars is not much of a feat for a herald. It's well within the Surfer's means. Even Nova is capable of destroying a star.

It seems that you are mistaking in depth knowledge of a character's abilities for overestimation. Surfer has had some poor showings in his day, but his better showings prove that he's immensely powerful.

Galactus has to transmute a planet's life energy into a usable form before he absorb's it.

So heralds can destroy stars instantly, hmmmm Galactus need the Soul gem etc for this.

big grin

I must be mistaken
confused

whirlysplat
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
This thread has already been done and it was agreed by many that SS wins this easily in many ways.
It was agreed by many others he did not big grin

Xplosive

True
But SS stil wins.

whirlysplat
So I just realised I said Galactus needed the Soul gems it was Thanos, freudian slip big grin

GalacticStorm
It was agreed by many others he did not big grin

The amount who agreed SS would win over energy supes far outweighed the opposition. I'll find the thread and post a link so you can see for yourselves. I cant be bothered to make my arguement again.

whirlysplat
No they were just louder and filibustered more. They are the usual crowd who it is difficult to argue with because they rebut with Silver surfer cosmic awareness, nanosecond reaction time blah blab blah wan't looking when thing hit him blah blah blah can absorb anything blah blah blah had his power sucked from him in the Troyjan War by the Troyjan emperor blah blah blah but controls everything etc it was proven in that comic his abilty to channel the power cosmic could be severed by a high level energy manipulator big grin

They proved nothing big grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

kgkg
No they were just louder and filibustered more. They are the usual crowd who it is difficult to argue with because they rebut with Silver surfer cosmic awareness, nanosecond reaction time blah blab blah wan't looking when thing hit him blah blah blah can absorb anything blah blah blah had his power sucked from him in the Troyjan War by the Troyjan emperor blah blah blah but controls everything etc it was proven in that comic his abilty to channel the power cosmic could be severed by a high level energy manipulator big grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock
read the forum rules

supes get hit my slow bitches also doesn't mean jack shit.

Flash , any speedsters

Doesn’t change the fact that they can move fast

Like I said World Destroying attack will leave any Supes into bits, and SS can absorb it as well , turn Supes into living rocks also 

Too many things SS is the man

GalacticStorm

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

'filibustered' i like that word lol.

There wasnt really any of those types if i remember correctly. I dont usually argue on supes or SS threads because i usually find them boring and full of biased views however the previous version of this thread was actually quite good and i argued a lot in it. By the end of thread it was quite apparrent who would win. Energy supes energy manipulation abilities were not a patch on Silver Surfers and his weaknesses in that form were far too numerous and therefore easy for SS to take advantage of.

kgkg
'filibustered' i like that word lol.

There wasnt really any of those types if i remember correctly. I dont usually argue on supes or SS threads because i usually find them boring and full of biased views however the previous version of this thread was actually quite good and i argued a lot in it. By the end of thread it was quite apparrent who would win. Energy supes energy manipulation abilities were not a patch on Silver Surfers and his weaknesses in that form were far too numerous and therefore easy for SS to take advantage of.
even in power SS destory worlds with ease.

he kills energy supes

whirlysplat
No it was the typical SS fan boys posting you only have to say baldy and up they pop hey Kgbig grin

So how did he get cut of from the Power Cosmic by a non power cosmic wielder in the Troyjan War in Hulkbig grin

Answers on a postcard by the way don't say bad writing its the best portrayal of Baldy eversmile He is actually cool in itbig grin

Free your mindbig grin

Stay Whirly laughing out loud

kgkg
No it was the typical SS fan boys posting you only have to say baldy and up they pop hey Kgbig grin

So how did he get cut of from the Power Cosmic by a non power cosmic wielder in the Troyjan War in Hulkbig grin

Answers on a postcard by the way don't say bad writing its the best portrayal of Baldy eversmile He is actually cool in itbig grin

Free your mindbig grin

Stay Whirly laughing out loud

what does it matter? Whirly

this is a forum battle SS blast can level planets , he can turn people into rocks.

can travel beyond light speed

can go back in time , he wins

nuff said

whirlysplat
Not if he is cut off from his power big grin

Avalonofthewind
Supes controlled all types of energy by the time he mastered his powers. He put the moon back in orbit from nerons magic control. Can absorb and disperse any type of energy and still has his strength as well as being even faster in this form.
SS does not have planet destroying blasts, and even if he did..they would be useless. Supes could probably drain SS in this form.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes controlled all types of energy by the time he mastered his powers. He put the moon back in orbit from nerons magic control. Can absorb and disperse any type of energy and still has his strength as well as being even faster in this form.
SS does not have planet destroying blasts, and even if he did..they would be useless. Supes could probably drain SS in this form.

If Surfer could be drained, which you have yet to prove. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surfer can destroy planets with his blasts. Superman can't take a planet destroying blast.

Energy Superman is vulnerable to radiation. He's nowhere near as fast as Surfer, either. Surfer could just absorb his energy form.

Surfer wins, even easier than he would against normal Superman.

whirlysplat

Surfer can destroy planets with his blasts. Superman can't take a planet destroying blast.

Energy Superman is vulnerable to radiation. He's nowhere near as fast as Surfer, either. Surfer could just absorb his energy form.

Unless like the Troyjan Emperor he cuts the Surfer off from his power big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

He did it why can't Supes?

Stay Whirly big grin

Cosmic Cube
Unless like the Troyjan Emperor he cuts the Surfer off from his power big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

He did it why can't Supes?

Stay Whirly big grin

Because Superman isn't the Troyjan Emperor, and Surfer doesn't have a "source" other than cosmic radiation.

What issue # did that happpen in Whirly?

whirlysplat
It was part 3 or 4 of the Troyjan War Arc so around issue 416 Hulk volume 2 Peter David, Gary Frank. Actually the Surfer is very cool in it. The Troyjan are scared of him. His reputation proceeds him, but the Troyjan Emperor is an energy manipulator and physically stronger than the hulk, bit like Energy Supessmile. It must be part 4. Its the issue Trauma (Tro-Maw) dies in. When the Troyjan have kidnapped Atlanta.

If you haven't read it best Hulk arc ever!

Best Surfer rendition ever, and the even the Starjammers who I hate are very well written, its simply genius.

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly smile

This single issue kinda blows a whole in SS v any other energy manipulator and I wish I had remembered it earlier big grin

Cosmic Cube
It was part 3 or 4 of the Troyjan War Arc so around issue 416 Hulk volume 2 Peter David, Gary Frank. Actually the Surfer is very cool in it. The Troyjan are scared of him. His reputation proceeds him, but the Troyjan Emperor is an energy manipulator and physically stronger than the hulk, bit like Energy Supessmile. It must be part 4. Its the issue Trauma (Tro-Maw) dies in. When the Troyjan have kidnapped Atlanta.

If you haven't read it best Hulk arc ever!

Best Surfer rendition ever, and the even the Starjammers who I hate are very well written, its simply genius.

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly smile

This single issue kinda blows a whole in SS v any other energy manipulator and I wish I had remembered it earlier big grin

I'll have to read that one. SS may not be the greatest energy manipulator ever, but he's among the best of them.

whirlysplat
It appears he can be cut off at Source from the power cosmic by smoeone who knows how to and I quote "Shut the door".

It is a brilliant story probably the best of Peter David's Prof Hulk story arcbig grin

snoopdogg
Dr. Doom took Norrins power cosmic one time I believe.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Dr. Doom took Norrins power cosmic one time I believe.

Thats different to shutting him off from his power source like what theyre talking about

snoopdogg
Thats different to shutting him off from his power source like what theyre talking about Well either way it is possible to take Norrins power or cut it from the source.

Cosmic Cube
Well either way it is possible to take Norrins power or cut it from the source.

What source?

snoopdogg
What source? IDK whatever comic you and whirly are talking about.

I just brought up Doom taking norrins powers.

Cosmic Cube
IDK whatever comic you and whirly are talking about.

I just brought up Doom taking norrins powers.

Norrin didn't lose his powers while Doom possessed them, did he?

Norrin's source of power is cosmic radiation.

whirlysplat
Norrin didn't lose his powers while Doom possessed them, did he?

Norrin's source of power is cosmic radiation.

Yes he did hmmm interesting big grin

Avalonofthewind

I think you have supes confused with Glads roll eyes (sarcastic)

By the end of his arc. Energy supes was able to also control any type of energy *ie cosmic IS energy*

Surfer isnt absorbing anything. Supes control is just as great if not greater.

If he tries anything like that..he's just going to double or triple his problem.

and in this form, Supes is at least light speed if not faster and he can fight at that speed easily.

GalacticStorm
Supes is too susceptible to proficient energy wielders in this form and you dont get a much better energy wielder/manipulator than SS at this. He's been captured and contained by such people, he's susceptible to excessive radiation intake, he tires himself out using his electromagnetic powers a lot easier than his standard form got tired. ss would take this. He's had these powers for a long time. Supes was new to these when he had them and was discovering new abilities every few issues. SS's control is far superior and he would undoutably win this fight eventually

whirlysplat
Surfer has been cut off from the power cosmic by an energy weilder big grin blah blah blah GS big grin

GalacticStorm
Surfer has been cut off from the power cosmic by an energy weilder big grin blah blah blah GS big grin

Has energy supes shown such capability? Has he cut off other cosmically powered beings from their power sources rendering them helpless? I dont believe he has unless someone wishes to enlighten me. Just because one person has done it to SS doesnt mean supes will be able to just because he to is an energy manipulator

whirlysplat
Blah Blah Blah Manipulates all forms of energy blahblah blah big grin

GalacticStorm
Blah Blah Blah Manipulates all forms of energy blahblah blah big grin

I'll take that as a NO then. So as it stands my points have yet to be countered so it seems this thread has reached something of a standstill. Its cool whirly all of us lose from time to time

whirlysplat
blah blah blah no one loses blah blah blah you have yet to prove Supes will not be cut off from his power blah blah blah, I think he will and others like Avalon who is impartial agree blah blah blah big grin Overbearing blah blah blah fan blah boy big grin

GalacticStorm
blah blah blah no one loses blah blah blah you have yet to prove Supes will not be cut off from his power blah blah blah, I think he will and others like Avalon who is impartial agree blah blah blah big grin Overbearing blah blah blah fan blah boy big grin

Ummm couldnt the same be said for you and Supes or even Miracleman. I'll tell you what. I'll do some research into MM so that we can have a little debate on something you actually have knowledge on. Ok? big grin

I have yet to prove Supes wont be cut off? I think you meant to type in SS but there there Whirly we all make mistakes. But yours are occurring with an increasing regularity. Maybe its old age? wink

Like i said Energy supes has been captured and contained many a time by Dc earth level energy manipulators, he's susceptible to radiation, he tires himself out a lot easier than standard supes ever did and he also was relatively inexperienced with his powers. SS wins no doubt. This has been fun. But the outcome was never in doubt.

-GS

whirlysplat
Actually it works either way in regard to the cutting blah blah yes before he gained full control of his powers he could be captured blah blah blah when he gained full control that didn't happen big grin

Cosmic Cube
I think you have supes confused with Glads roll eyes (sarcastic)

By the end of his arc. Energy supes was able to also control any type of energy *ie cosmic IS energy*

Surfer isnt absorbing anything. Supes control is just as great if not greater.

If he tries anything like that..he's just going to double or triple his problem.

and in this form, Supes is at least light speed if not faster and he can fight at that speed easily.

Prove all of this.

Cosmic Cube

Avalon is impartial!? laughing

GalacticStorm
Actually it works either way in regard to the cutting blah blah yes before he gained full control of his powers he could be captured blah blah blah when he gained full control that didn't happen big grin

It didnt happen, doesnt mean it couldnt happen. Before he was getting manipulated and contained by earth level energy manipulators. SS is far from that so who's to say SS still couldnt.

I see you havent addressed my point that energy supes is very susceptible to excessive radiation, or the fact that energy supes tires a lot easier than standard supes does. Any reason for that? As it stands SS wins this but im open to convincing if its within your capabilities. big grin

Avalonofthewind
Prove all of this.

Reading is fundamental. You have doubted me before and I have proved you wrong.

Avalonofthewind
It didnt happen, doesnt mean it couldnt happen. Before he was getting manipulated and contained by earth level energy manipulators. SS is far from that so who's to say SS still couldnt.

I see you havent addressed my point that energy supes is very susceptible to excessive radiation, or the fact that energy supes tires a lot easier than standard supes does. Any reason for that? As it stands SS wins this but im open to convincing if its within your capabilities. big grin

Storm, this is the Sames Supes who put the moon back in orbit against Neron's magical control and then went straight to fight Asmodel.

Thats some damn good durability. The same feat would have tired Surfer.

GalacticStorm
Storm, this is the Sames Supes who put the moon back in orbit against Neron's magical control and then went straight to fight Asmodel.

Thats some damn good durability. The same feat would have tired Surfer.

I think you mean endurance there Avvy. Doesnt matter really, he's still susceptible to radiation, being captured and contained by energy wielders, he might have gained resistance to this as he got more experienced however he is not immune to this being done to him and you dont get much more proficient at energy wielding than SS. Energy supes in comparison to SS is inexperienced with such energy powers. SS takes this.

jrodslam
Well I just want to say, SS has had his energy drained before on a couple of occasionss, but it wasnt long enough so therefore it wasnt that effective. Also in the crossover, when he was drained, he seemed NOT to have a way to get back energy unless given to him.

On another note, Surfer has had a few bad displays of sh**ty endurance. I have an instance where he tires after about 3 minutes of expending his powers. Then needs to take a nap to re-charge.

Avalonofthewind
I think you mean endurance there Avvy. Doesnt matter really, he's still susceptible to radiation, being captured and contained by energy wielders, he might have gained resistance to this as he got more experienced however he is not immune to this being done to him and you dont get much more proficient at energy wielding than SS. Energy supes in comparison to SS is inexperienced with such energy powers. SS takes this.

Corrected. I did mean endurance. embarrasment

Avalonofthewind
Absorbing energy

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec2.jpg

Absorbing energy AND scanning weaknesses
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec3.jpg

Resisting being drained - Cyborg also tries this later with a much more effective method, and ends up with Supes red and blue. smile

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wall3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec4.jpg

Converting Sound into electromagnetic energy (He got much better at this type of thing too)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec.jpg

Holding it down with Asmodel (would would Destroy Surfer)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/jla3.jpg

In addition, this Supes can create forcefields and has GLish abilities.
He can also shut down brain and body functions.

GalacticStorm
Fair enough you've provided soem pretty pictures for us to look at but how has the situation changed, how have my points been countered? You've just shown in comic book form some abilities of energy supes that we all already knew about and all of which SS is capable of.

"Holding it down with Asmodel (would would Destroy Surfer)"

You cant really say that when you havent put up a convincing argument as to how energy supes wouldnt get destroyed by Surfer.

Again energy supes resisted being absorbed but he's not immune to it, in this form he was learning new abilities every few issues, he still wasnt adept at using them he was still learning and finally energy supes is still susceptible to radiation. No offense but these scans while im grateful for them, they have changed nothing.

Avalonofthewind
Fair enough you've provided soem pretty pictures for us to look at but how has the situation changed, how have my points been countered? You've just shown in comic book form some abilities of energy supes that we all already knew about and all of which SS is capable of.

"Holding it down with Asmodel (would would Destroy Surfer)"

You cant really say that when you havent put up a convincing argument as to how energy supes wouldnt get destroyed by Surfer.

Again energy supes resisted being absorbed but he's not immune to it, in this form he was learning new abilities every few issues, he still wasnt adept at using them he was still learning and finally energy supes is still susceptible to radiation. No offense but these scans while im grateful for them, they have changed nothing.

Yea, The pics are for those who aren't familiar with this version of Supes.

As for Asmodel, Just touching him vaporizes a regular human. MM fought his hardest and was ashing up. Supes held his own wrestling just long enough without being destroyed.

Also...As I said, when the Cyborg attempted to drain Supes via a machine...he ended up with 2 supes(no longer have the issue or I would have provided a scan as I try to do.) Also as Supes can gain more energy from the environment or nearby opponents (SS) what good would trying to drain him do? Another Example: Dr Light gained control of the electromagnetic spectrum through alien means changing Supes into radio energy but Supes turned himself back unharmed and still at full power quickly.

Cosmic Cube
Yea, The pics are for those who aren't familiar with this version of Supes.

As for Asmodel, Just touching him vaporizes a regular human. MM fought his hardest and was ashing up. Supes held his own wrestling just long enough without being destroyed.

Also...As I said, when the Cyborg attempted to drain Supes via a machine...he ended up with 2 supes(no longer have the issue or I would have provided a scan as I try to do.) Also as Supes can gain more energy from the environment or nearby opponents (SS) what good would trying to drain him do? Another Example: Dr Light gained control of the electromagnetic spectrum through alien means changing Supes into radio energy but Supes turned himself back unharmed and still at full power quickly.

If you haven't noticed, Surfer isn't a regular human. You're only assuming that he couldn't handle rouge Asmodel.

Dazzler can convert sound into EM energy (light.) For a herald, that's a parlor trick.

Surfer can siphon energy, not just absorb it. He can manipulate matter, he has command over all forms of electromagnetic energy, and he can do a truckload of other stuff thay you aready know about.

Superman just isn't in the same league.

Avalonofthewind
If you haven't noticed, Surfer isn't a regular human. You're only assuming that he couldn't handle rouge Asmodel.

Dazzler can convert sound into EM energy (light.) For a herald, that's a parlor trick.

Surfer can siphon energy, not just absorb it. He can manipulate matter, he has command over all forms of electromagnetic energy, and he can do a truckload of other stuff thay you aready know about.

Superman just isn't in the same league.

Never said that SS was a human...and you are right about Dazzler.
Now, do either of these things prove SS gets an automatic victory? Nope.

However, since both control energy, this is probably the way the fight is going to go. Supes can drain from his environment, SS can't. Supes also has greater endurance. SS can't drain/nor can he transmute supes into anything. Electric supes is also as strong as the original from examples that I have seen. These are the reasons I give him the win.

PS. What makes you so sure that Supes won't drain Surfer?

Cosmic Cube
Never said that SS was a human...and you are right about Dazzler.
Now, do either of these things prove SS gets an automatic victory? Nope.

However, since both control energy, this is probably the way the fight is going to go. Supes can drain from his environment, SS can't. Supes also has greater endurance. SS can't drain/nor can he transmute supes into anything. Electric supes is also as strong as the original from examples that I have seen. These are the reasons I give him the win.

PS. What makes you so sure that Supes won't drain Surfer?

Silver Surfer can and does absorb energy from his envronment.

Can you prove that Superman has greater endurance or greater durability? Why wouldn't Surfer be able to transmute Superman?

Surfer can increase his strength to unknown levels by redirecting his cosmic energy.

Can you give any examples of Superman draining energy from anyone?

Cosmic Cube
Reading is fundamental. You have doubted me before and I have proved you wrong.

Prove Energy Superman is faster than light, and that he can fight at faster than light speeds. Prove that he is a better energy manipulator than Silver Surfer.

It appears that the only comics you've read that include the Silver Surfer are crossovers.

snoopdogg

He was still human enough for Doom to steal his power wink

Avalonofthewind
Silver Surfer can and does absorb energy from his envronment.

Can you prove that Superman has greater endurance or greater durability? Why wouldn't Surfer be able to transmute Superman?

Surfer can increase his strength to unknown levels by redirecting his cosmic energy.

Can you give any examples of Superman draining energy from anyone?

Have you read my previous examples?

DR light with alien tech tried that on Supes and supes just came back.
Cyborg tried to destroy supes by draining him in a machine and dispersing his energy and got Supes red and Supes Blue. Surfer is neither draining or transmuting Supes. Even if he somehow was able to, he would create more supermen. smile

Surfer runs out of energy. Supes doesnt. I showed the example of supes taking energy fromt he environment..Now you show me something similar. Lately I've been showing proof of things.... now its your turn.

My examples are clear as to why surfer won't be able to do anything now you show ME why Supes could not drain surfer.

Cosmic Cube

That made absolutely no sense.

snoopdogg
That made absolutely no sense. Im sorry big grin

Cosmic Cube
Have you read my previous examples?

DR light with alien tech tried that on Supes and supes just came back.
Cyborg tried to destroy supes by draining him in a machine and dispersing his energy and got Supes red and Supes Blue. Surfer is neither draining or transmuting Supes. Even if he somehow was able to, he would create more supermen. smile

Surfer runs out of energy. Supes doesnt. I showed the example of supes taking energy fromt he environment..Now you show me something similar. Lately I've been showing proof of things.... now its your turn.

My examples are clear as to why surfer won't be able to do anything now you show ME why Supes could not drain surfer.

Dr. Light tried what?

It was to my understanding that Cyborg tried to take over Superman's body, not transmute him, or drain him.

Prove that Superman doesn't run out of energy, or that Surfer does. While you're at it, prove that Superman can actually drain energy from anyone.

Cosmic Cube
Here's Surfer, draining solar energy from the sun.

supremthor
Prove Energy Superman is faster than light, and that he can fight at faster than light speeds. Prove that he is a better energy manipulator than Silver Surfer.

It appears that the only comics you've read that include the Silver Surfer are crossovers.
the first time his energy powers showed.when he was fighting metalo the comic said he was moving faster then light.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by supremthor
the first time his energy powers showed.when he was fighting metalo the comic said he was moving faster then light.

Issue #? Scans?

snoopdogg
Here's Surfer, draining solar energy from the sun. How about a issue # on that one.

I have a rather extensive Surfer collection also. wink

Cosmic Cube
How about a issue # on that one.

I have a rather extensive Surfer collection also. wink

K. 1 sec.

GalacticStorm

Doom has also drained power from the beyonder so its hardly an embarassment for it to have happened to SS as well

GalacticStorm
Ahhhh that was in the infinity crusade if i believe cant remember what issue though

snoopdogg
Doom has also drained power from the beyonder so its hardly an embarassment for it to have happened to SS as well He didnt drain some of Norrins power he took all of it.

Nobody ever drained Energy Superman.

GalacticStorm
He didnt drain some of Norrins power he took all of it.

Nobody ever drained Energy Superman.

He also took beyonders power simple as. Nobodys drained Energy supes? Doesnt mean he's immune to it. Energy supes has however been contained by energy wielders far below SS's capabilities, Energy supes is susceptible to radiation, energy supes in comparison is very inexperienced with his powers. What more do you guys want. SS can do everything he can do and more. Its ok to admit your fave characters can get beat sometimes. That doesnt make you any less of a fan.

snoopdogg
He also took beyonders power simple as. He took all of Beyonders power?

GalacticStorm
He took all of Beyonders power?

just about yeah. Beyonder was too weak to take it back by force so he had to possess Klaw and reclaim his power later on after doom was having major trouble coping with his omnipotence. Check out Secret Wars.

Cosmic Cube
Can't find an issue#. kgkg can give you one.

Regardless, Surfer can certainly absorb energy from the environment. That's how he sustains his power. He's easily a better energy manipulater than Energy Superman.

snoopdogg
Can you guys read this scan? Why didnt he drain the enviroment here?

If not ill try and get a better one.

snoopdogg
Can't find an issue#. kgkg can give you one.

Regardless, Surfer can certainly absorb energy from the environment. That's how he sustains his power. He's easily a better energy manipulater than Energy Superman. Well you cant really see Norrin in the pic.

That could be anybody in there. eek!

Everytime I ask kgkg for the issue # he says he dont know its a mess around here. laughing

Cosmic Cube
Can you guys read this scan? Why didnt he drain the enviroment here?

If not ill try and get a better one.

What's he saying?

He probably was absorbing energy from the environment. After using huge quantities of energy, it takes time to absorb enough energy to fully replenish himself. He would have to fly close to a huge amount of energy like the sun in order to instantly recharge.

GalacticStorm
Cosmic C its an issue of Infinity crusade. I 'll be able to post a scan tomorrow if you remind me. You talking about when theyre planning an attack on the goddesses planet and SS absorbs all that energy from a sun and hulks out? lol

snoopdogg
Cosmic C its an issue of Infinity crusade. I 'll be able to post a scan tomorrow if you remind me. You talking about when theyre planning an attack on the goddesses planet and SS absorbs all that energy from a sun and hulks out? lol I think thats a different issue.

I could be wrong.

snoopdogg
What's he saying?

He probably was absorbing energy from the environment. After using huge quantities of energy, it takes time to absorb enough energy to fully replenish himself. He would have to fly close to a huge amount of energy like the sun in order to instantly recharge. In his weakend state he is not flying anywhere. Cause his board suffers the same effects. wink

Cosmic Cube
In his weakend state he is not flying anywhere. Cause his board suffers the same effects. wink

He can fly while weakened. All he has to do is mount his board. What did Surfer do that made him so weak?

snoopdogg
He can fly while weakened. All he has to do is mount his board. Read my edit.

Cosmic Cube
Read my edit.

No, it doesn't. The Board doesn't use his cosmic energy.

Read mine.

Avalonofthewind
Dr. Light tried what?

It was to my understanding that Cyborg tried to take over Superman's body, not transmute him, or drain him.

Prove that Superman doesn't run out of energy, or that Surfer does. While you're at it, prove that Superman can actually drain energy from anyone.

Dr Light tried turning him into radio signals and sending him across the galaxy. Supes just came back a few panels later unharmed.
JLA Rock of Ages Storyline

You are assuming about Cyborg. I told you what happens. Cyborg and toyman trap supes in a machine to disperse and drain his energy to destroy him. Result? Superman Red/Superman Blue.
Issue is Superman red/Superman Blue #1

As for proving he doesnt run out of energy, have you seen him run out? Nope. My scan shows him absorbing energy from the environment. Yours shows SS using the sun. BIG difference.

Superman #123 Superman drew power from a neon sign and then used it to attack Ceritak. By doing this, Superman, was able to travel faster than light (at least that's what it said). Action Comics #732, when he traveled to a research station in Antarctica, and then back to Metropolis again. He teleported.

Avalonofthewind
Here's Surfer, draining solar energy from the sun.

Where is surfer?

Supes is CLEARLY in my pic.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec3.jpg

Cosmic Cube
Dr Light tried turning him into radio signals and sending him across the galaxy. Supes just came back a few panels later unharmed.
JLA Rock of Ages Storyline

You are assuming about Cyborg. I told you what happens. Cyborg and toyman trap supes in a machine to disperse and drain his energy to destroy him. Result? Superman Red/Superman Blue.
Issue is Superman red/Superman Blue #1

As for proving he doesnt run out of energy, have you seen him run out? Nope. My scan shows him absorbing energy from the environment. Yours shows SS using the sun. BIG difference.

Superman #123 Superman drew power from a neon sign and then used it to attack Ceritak. By doing this, Superman, was able to travel faster than light (at least that's what it said). Action Comics #732, when he traveled to a research station in Antarctica, and then back to Metropolis again. He teleported.

Define "environment."

In case you didn't know, radio signals aren't sound waves.

Cyborg tried to disperse Superman's energy, not absorb it.

I haven't read any comics involving Energy Superman, so I can't say that I have seen him run out of energy. That doesn't mean that he can't run out. Are you assuming that his energy stores are infinite?

Superman absorbing energy from a neon sign is in no way superior to Surfer absorbing energy from the sun. It just proves that Superman's writers are a little more creative.

snoopdogg
Norrin Radd does run low on energy and becomes very succeptible to attacks and it even effects his board.

Cosmic Cube
Norrin Radd does run low on energy and becomes very succeptible to attacks and it even effects his board.

Surfer is saying that his power is returning to him. He's obviously absorbing energy. What did he do to become so weak?

Here's Surfer, Avalon.

kgkg
he will sucks Supes dry

or do this

snoopdogg
Surfer is saying that his power is returning to him. He's obviously absorbing energy. What did he do to become so weak?

Yea but he said it comes back all too slowly. wink

He tried to heal a wounded person I believe.

Avalonofthewind
Define "environment."

In case you didn't know, radio signals aren't sound waves.

Cyborg tried to disperse Superman's energy, not absorb it.

I haven't read any comics involving Energy Superman, so I can't say that I have seen him run out of energy. That doesn't mean that he can't run out. Are you assuming that his energy stores are infinite?

Superman absorbing energy from a neon sign is in no way superior to Surfer absorbing energy from the sun. It just proves that Superman's writers are a little more creative.

Exactly, I know you haven't read on energy supes because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Radio Signals arent soundwaves...True, but since not everybody will understand that. I simplified it.

Now look at the pic... if you don't know what "environment" is..then nobody can help you. Your pic doesnt even show surfer..and u couldnt even tell snoop what issue it was.

Supes absorbs a neon sign and uses the energy to teleport. Supes reserves are no more infinite than Surfers, but he can use any environment and a lot more things to "recharge" including kinetic energy from his own fight.

Avalonofthewind

Here's Surfer, Avalon.

Thank you. Snoops shows that he gets energy back slowly though..and this is still the sun, Supes can use any environment with standard electromagnetic or kinetic energy which is practically anywhere.

Avalonofthewind
he will sucks Supes dry

or do this

How? This proves nothing.

Cosmic Cube
Thank you. Snoops shows that he gets energy back slowly though..and this is still the sun, not any environment with standard electromagnetic or kinetic energy.

Define "environment"

The sun is full of electromagnetic energy, and kinetic energy.

Superman absorbing static electrical energy from a cloud is very creative on his writer's part, but it's nothing Surfer couldn't do.

kgkg
How? This proves nothing.
how about now

Cosmic Cube
Exactly, I know you haven't read on energy supes because you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Radio Signals arent soundwaves...True, but since not everybody will understand that. I simplified it.

Now look at the pic... if you don't know what "environment" is..then nobody can help you. Your pic doesnt even show surfer..and u couldnt even tell snoop what issue it was.

Supes absorbs a neon sign and uses the energy to teleport. Supes reserves are no more infinite than Surfers, but he can use any environment and a lot more things to "recharge" including kinetic energy from his own fight.

You haven't read up on Surfer, and you only know what you've seen in crossovers, and the scans I and kgkg have provided.

Can you provide an instance of Superman absorbing kinetic energy?

Avalonofthewind
Define "environment"

The sun is full of electromagnetic energy, and kinetic energy.

Superman absorbing static electrical energy from a cloud is very creative on his writer's part, but it's nothing Surfer couldn't do.

What is around Supes? Sky and Clouds. Stop playing ignorant. I know you see the scan. He took energy from clouds.

The sun is full of both..yes, you are correct, but is Surfer doing the same thing supes is doing...absorbing it on the fly nowhere near the sun from any nearby objects? Nope.

Avalonofthewind
You haven't read up on Surfer, and you only know what you've seen in crossovers, and the scans I and kgkg have provided.

Can you provide an instance of Superman absorbing kinetic energy?

Why dont you provide something besides questions? I know you want your boy to win, but so far havent shown anything that would show victory or given any good examples. My posts have scans or issue numbers.

Superman's Energy Absorption ability was his ability to turn any energy he absorbed into energy he could then use for other purposes. For example he was able to absorb the momentum of moving object that passed through him, thereby slowing down the object/person (as seen in AOS #547) and converting that absorbed energy for his own use (as seen in JLA Secret Files #1, page 35). Or as seen in Action #739, he absorbed the heat energy from a burning building and converted it into a "dynamic energy web" which he used to hold the structure together. Similarly, (in JLA #12, page 8) Superman was able to absorb the entire energy output from an explosion he was in, except for the light it emitted, thereby saving himself and the Martian Manhunter, but fooling his enemies who thought him destroyed in the explosion.

There you go. Happy reading!!

Avalonofthewind
how about now

What is this supposed to prove?

GalacticStorm
What is around Supes? Sky and Clouds. Stop playing ignorant. I know you see the scan. He took energy from clouds.

The sun is full of both..yes, you are correct, but is Surfer doing the same thing supes is doing...absorbing it on the fly nowhere near the sun from any nearby objects? Nope.

That doesnt mean he cant do it Avvy he very well can. Even magneto can do that and his energy manipulating skills pale to surfers

Cosmic Cube

No one's playing stupid. An environment is simply surroundings. The sun is an environment.

Surfer is obviously very far from the star, in my scan, considering it's relative size. Superman is in the Earth's atmosphere, and is no more than a few miles from a group clouds. Superman's feat is in no way superior to the Silver Surfers'.

snoopdogg

Surfer is obviously very far from the star, considering it's relative size. Superman is in the Earth's atmosphere, and is no more than a few miles from a group clouds. Superman's feat is in no way superior to the Silver Surfers'. I never saw Surfer drain energy from clouds before.

But hey you never know.

Avalonofthewind
No one's playing stupid. An environment is simply surroundings. The sun is an environment.

Surfer is obviously very far from the star, considering it's relative size. Superman is in the Earth's atmosphere, and is no more than a few miles from a group clouds. Superman's feat is in no way superior to the Silver Surfers'.

Then why wasnt he able to do anything in Snoops scan? He should have easily and quickly powered up there. Show proof that Surfer can do the same.

Avalonofthewind
That doesnt mean he cant do it Avvy he very well can. Even magneto can do that and his energy manipulating skills pale to surfers

I know Mags and Surfer can use the energy around them, but Im asking for proof that they can power up with it instead of just wield it.

GalacticStorm
I know Mags and Surfer can use the energy around them, but Im asking for proof that they can power up with it instead of just wield it.

If you read the surfers comics or even take a look at his bio you'll see he can tap into the ambient energy around him. SS can do it for a variety of effects. Thats common SS knowledge why are you nitpicking on such a minor point in this debate when you havent addressed the fact that energy supes is very susceptiblw to radiation and in comparison to SS he's very inexperienced. Whether he can or cant be drained himself is debatable, because no energy wielder/manipulator of Surfers magnitude has tried it. Also surfer culd very well contain him. You've read the comics he's featured in and seen the level of person who's done it to ebergy supes in the past. Surfer could do it as well. SS wins this.

Cosmic Cube
Then why wasnt he able to do anything in Snoops scan? He should have easily and quickly powered up there. Show proof that Surfer can do the same.

A spark of energy from a cloud isn't enough to fully recharge the Silver Surfer. He was drawing energy from the environment. Notice that he says that his power was slowly returning to him.

I never saw Surfer drain energy from clouds before.

But hey you never know.

Doesn't mean he can't. He can absorb electrical energy. What did Surfer do to make himself so weak in the comic your scan is from?

Surfer is absorbing energy from the environment in snoop's scan.

Cosmic Cube
If you read the surfers comics or even take a look at his bio you'll see he can tap into the ambient energy around him. SS can do it for a variety of effects. Thats common SS knowledge why are you nitpicking on such a minor point in this debate when you havent addressed the fact that energy supes is very susceptiblw to radiation and in comparison to SS he's very inexperienced. Whether he can or cant be drained himself is debatable, because no energy wielder/manipulator of Surfers magnitude has tried it. Also surfer culd very well contain him. You've read the comics he's featured in and seen the level of person who's done it to ebergy supes in the past. Surfer could do it as well. SS wins this. If the Silver Surfer can contain Genis-Vell, he can definitely contain Energy Superman.

snoopdogg

What did Surfer do to make himself so weak in the comic your scan is from? I already answered this.

Surfer is absorbing energy from the environment in snoop's scan. Where does it say that?

Oh wait your assuming this. eek!

snoopdogg
Thats common SS knowledge why are you nitpicking on such a minor point in this debate when you havent addressed the fact that energy supes is very susceptiblw to radiation Did you know Surfer is suceptible to radiation also?

Courtesy of the 2005 FF Handbook.

Avalonofthewind
A spark of energy from a cloud isn't enough to fully recharge the Silver Surfer. He was drawing energy from the environment. Notice that he says that his power was slowly returning to him.

Doesn't mean he can't. He can absorb electrical energy. What did Surfer do to make himself so weak in the comic your scan is from?

Surfer is absorbing energy from the environment in snoop's scan.

Cube, the pic doesnt show or say anything about surfer taking any energy from the environment. It just shows Surfer tired and complaining about 'aches'

Even in the pic that has him absorbing energy from the star...he isnt draining it...just powering up.

Cosmic Cube
I already answered this.

Where does it say that?

Oh wait your assuming this. eek!

Surfer has healed people on the brink of death with no problem. That doesn't sound very credible.

Surfer says "My power cosmic returns to me all to slowly!" It's a known fact that the Silver Surfer absorbs ambient energy.

Yea but he said it comes back all too slowly. wink

He tried to heal a wounded person I believe.

Post a scan of this, please.

Cosmic Cube
Cube, the pic doesnt show or say anything about surfer taking any energy from the environment. It just shows Surfer tired and complaining about 'aches'

Surfer is saying that his power is returning to him. Surfer absorbs ambient energy, That's general knowledge for anyone who reads his comics.

Even in the pic that has him absorbing energy from the star...he isnt draining it...just powering up.

You know that this statement doesn't make any sense. He is draining energy from the star.

Avalonofthewind
If you read the surfers comics or even take a look at his bio you'll see he can tap into the ambient energy around him. SS can do it for a variety of effects. Thats common SS knowledge why are you nitpicking on such a minor point in this debate when you havent addressed the fact that energy supes is very susceptiblw to radiation and in comparison to SS he's very inexperienced. Whether he can or cant be drained himself is debatable, because no energy wielder/manipulator of Surfers magnitude has tried it. Also surfer culd very well contain him. You've read the comics he's featured in and seen the level of person who's done it to ebergy supes in the past. Surfer could do it as well. SS wins this.

Who told you Energy supes is susceptible to radiation?
He would only have problems if all he did was keep absorbing and absorbing and didnt use the energy for anything. Even his limit in absorption was never stated. SS would have to same problem at some point himself. Supes could also let energy harmlessly pass through him if he wanted. Epoch blasted him with energy from a red sun and it didnt even make supes flinch.

Supes can also contain surfer in a field if he wanted to. He very well has the means to do it..while if surfer tried to contain Supes, he could simply teleport.

snoopdogg
Surfer is saying that his power is returning to him. Surfer absorbs ambient energy, That's general knowledge for anyone who reads his comics.

Why do you always leave out the part where he says "all too slowly"?

snoopdogg

Post a scan of this, please. I just put the damm thing away Im not going to go dig it out again.

Maybe tomorrow.

Avalonofthewind

You know that this statement doesn't make any sense. He is draining energy from the star.

Let me clear that up. I meant to say that he is absorbing energy from the star to get a boost, but he didnt drain it completely.

The other pic still does not say he is getting the energy from the environment. For sake of argument though, I will take your word on this one. Even with that..it is still very slow.

Cosmic Cube
Why do you always leave out the part where he says "all too slowly"?

That was actually the first time left out that part. Stop nit-picking.

Can you provide a scan of exactly what made Surfer so weak, or at least an issue number?

Cosmic Cube
I just put the damm thing away Im not going to go dig it out again.

Maybe tomorrow.

Excuses. Sounds like another half-truth to me.

kgkg
That was actually the first time left out that part. Stop being so critical.

Can you provide a scan of exactly what made Surfer so weak, or at least an issue number?
I think that was when he tried to break G's force shield.

SS can also charge up by going to the sun ( in sec) and he doesn’t get weak just like that.

Cosmic Cube
For example he was able to absorb the momentum of moving object that passed through him, thereby slowing down the object/person (as seen in AOS #547)

Could you be a little more specific on this one? Sorry, I can't find any info on it.

Cosmic Cube

SS can also charge up by going to the sun ( in sec) and he doesn’t get weak just like that.

Snoop says that he thinks that Surfer was trying to heal someone. Why Surfer would be lying on the ground after trying to heal someone is beyond me. He owns the comic. Go figure.

snoopdogg
Stop nit-picking.

Thats called debating.

Avalonofthewind
Could you be a little more specific on this one? Sorry, I can't find any info on it.

Supes has the ability to steal the kinetic energy of things that go through him.

For example bullets fall to the ground, and punches slow down. He can store the energy and put it to other uses later.

Come on, you have to admit thats a cool ability.

I liked the energy supes. He had so many possibilities...too bad the media and people started to complain and they changed him back to normal so quickly.

snoopdogg

lol but no.

Guys I own alot of comics and I actually own all Surfer solo comics too.

Cosmic Cube
Thats called debating.

No, it's not. It's called whining.

Debating is when you provide a strong argument that supports your point of view. It's not criticizing trivial, imaginary, "flaws."

Cosmic Cube
lol but no.

Guys I own alot of comics and I actually own all Surfer solo comics too.

Prove yourself. Post a scan of what weakened Surfer, or at least give an issue number. You own the comic.

kgkg
Snoop says that he thinks that Surfer was trying to heal someone. Why Surfer would be lying on the ground after trying to heal someone is beyond me. He owns the comic. Go figure.
That was Silver Surfer v1 12

Silver Surfer was trying his best to free himself from earth (he was trapped) --- while doing this he wasted all his energy.

Even when he was out of energy ----- He kicks Abomination’s ass who is near Hulk's level

Cosmic Cube
That was Silver Surfer v1 12

Silver Surfer was trying his best to free himself from earth (he was trapped) --- while doing this he wasted all his energy.

Even when he was out of energy ----- He kicks Abomination’s ass who is near Hulk's level

He was trying to escape Galactus's barrier?

snoopdogg
He was trying to escape Galactus's barrier? hahhahaha kgkg is lying like a rug. He is right on the issue # but his story is way off.

Cosmic Cube
hahhahaha kgkg is lying like a rug. He is right on the issue # but his story is way off.

He seems more credible than you, right now. You act like you're hiding something. Pull out that issue, scan it, and prove that he's lying.

snoopdogg
kgkg just lost his credibility son. LMAO.

kgkg
hahhahaha kgkg is lying like a rug. He is right on the issue # but his story is way off.
hey what do i know roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg
He seems more credible than you, right now. You act like you're hiding something. Pull out that issue, scan it, and prove that he's lying. You know what. Ill do just that.

BRB.

LMAO

kgkg
he was just chilling
lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>