The three apprentices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth zamorak
The three apprentices of Darth Sidious.......only one will survive.

Darth Maul vs Count Dooku vs Darth Vader

I hope this hasnt been done before confused sad embarrasment

General Zodiac
I'd say Dooku. He defeated Obi who killed Maul but couldn't defeat Dooku. And Vader lost a lot when he got defeated by Obi.

darth zamorak
exactly my thoughts

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Vader wins.

obviously.

2Tidus!
Here it comes again... Vader isn't that powerful. Dooku's Style II could take him on.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Vader IS that powerful, that's the point of the movies.

;-) good call though.

General Zodiac
No one said Maul yet.

SnakeEyes
Well, if its Vader (pre-suit) then I think he can take it... Because he already took Dooku, and if you want reasons on why/how he could beat Maul... then read my battle:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340322&highlight=SnakeEyes

General Zodiac
This is Vader. He is clearly weaker then he was in ROTS.

2Tidus!
If its the Vader without the suit, he would kill both. If it's with the suit. Dooku would own him.

Darth Macabre
I would say Maul. Vader is just to slow for Maul, and Dooku i believe wouldnt last agasint Mauls assault. Just my own opinion though.

General Zodiac
Dooku would do the same to Maul as he did to Obi-Wan in ROTS. He's clearly stronger in the force and defeated Obi when he was a Master and Obi defeated Maul when he was a padwaan.

exanda kane
I Agree, pre-suit Vader would own and eventually kill Sidious as well, Vader with suit could kill Maul but I'm not sure with Dooku.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
any vader wins.

2Tidus!
No. With the Vader in the suit, his too slow. Count Dooku's Form II would overwhelm him. Even with his mastery of Form V.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Yes. Vader is more powerful than either of them, and if dooku was better he would have been sidious' apprentice throughout the movies, and would have been the chosen one. Vader wins.

PloKoonDevotee
If Darth Maul is angry enough, he can win. He has my vote.

Gryn Jabar
I sorta follow that, Maul has the RAGE, he could probably swamp Dooku in blows much like in boxing (swarm fighters often prevail against a "boxer"wink. I don't see Vader winning this at all however, he's just... not powerful enough to contend with the amount of skill here.

Darth Plagues
People have highly underestimated Darth Vader. On Wikipedia here is what it comments on its talents.

"Darth Vader is a brilliant strategist and one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy. Vader still possesses his former persona's amazing engineering skills, having overseen the design of the TIE/Advanced fighter. His talent with the lightsaber is legendary. All of these skills are secondary to his incredible mastery of the Force."

Now from this we can tell he's way past Darth Maul...Dooku would be a strugle, because his Mastery of Form II, but Dooku wouldn't be able to tire out Darth Vader like Form II is made too do, because of Vader's Form V. Here read what it says about Form V...

"Form V maintains its existence through having sufficient defensive skills, as derived from Form III, but channeling defense into offense. The example is commonly used that while Form III combatants effortlessly deflect laser bolts, Form V practitioners excel at redirecting the laser bolt toward the opponent. This simultaneously defends the user and efficiently injures the opponent. As well, it employs a basic form of Form II's parries, allowing the user to parry the attempted attack, and counter it. It is different from Form III in the fact that practictioners of Form V will press the assault, using wide, sweeping blows in an attempt to overwhelm the opponent with brute strength. The aggressive philosophy of Form V is the source of many a Jedi's disapproval.

Vader also created his own variant of Form V, where he would use only one hand to strike and defend, and have the other held casually by his side. This can be seen at the start of the duel in The Empire Strikes Back.

With the aggressive but yet refined movements of Form II and the highly defensive postures of Form III, Shien / Djem So has been proven to be an effective style."

I say Darth Vader takes this one...With the suite.

Gryn Jabar
...despite being beaten by Luke "Baseball Bat" Skywalker?

Darth Plagues
Luke's powerful himself. Having the last name Skywalker means a lot...Anyway, do you think Darth Vader was really going full throttle on his son? No he felt for him so much that he even saved him after Luke cut off his hand.

Also did you even read my post above. It explains Form V, which is the Form Luke uses the same as Vader...

"Form V maintains its existence through having sufficient defensive skills, as derived from Form III, but channeling defense into offense. The example is commonly used that while Form III combatants effortlessly deflect laser bolts, Form V practitioners excel at redirecting the laser bolt toward the opponent. This simultaneously defends the user and efficiently injures the opponent. As well, it employs a basic form of Form II's parries, allowing the user to parry the attempted attack, and counter it. It is different from Form III in the fact that practictioners of Form V will press the assault, using wide, sweeping blows in an attempt to overwhelm the opponent with brute strength. The aggressive philosophy of Form V is the source of many a Jedi's disapproval.

Vader also created his own variant of Form V, where he would use only one hand to strike and defend, and have the other held casually by his side. This can be seen at the start of the duel in The Empire Strikes Back.

With the aggressive but yet refined movements of Form II and the highly defensive postures of Form III, Shien / Djem So has been proven to be an effective style."

The Form is used to overwhelm the opponent with brute force and wide swings. That explains Luke's nature with a lightsaber.

General Zodiac
I know that about Vader. But still, Vader got weaker after Obi-Wan defeated him in terms of lightsaber combat. Sidious wanted Anakin in ROTS because his power and lightsaber dueling was limitless but he got defeated and became weaker that is why Sidious wanted Luke in the OT.
Dooku's style is based on lightsaber dueling and he's very powerful in the force. Dooku would overpower Vader in lightsaber and overpower Maul with the force.

Darth Plagues
I doubt Dooku could handle Vader.

2Tidus!
Yes. Zodiac is correct, Sidious thought that Anakin wouldn't get beaten and get weaker with the lava, but still be powerful, than he would train him to be the most powerful sith, that would've happened if Obi Wan didn't weaken Darth Vader so much. Else if Palpatine knew that that would happen, he wouldn't sacrafice Dooku.

Darth Plagues
Vader was getting old....Luke was young and was about the same power level...there had to be change to continue the Sith.

LordYomi13
Vader wins this hands down. He killed Dooku, and he was trained by the man who beat Darth Maul when he was only a padawan. Basically it would come down to Dooku and Vader and vader would win obviously after seeing rots.

2Tidus!
Excuse me? Lord Yomi, The Vader without the suit is a whole another thing than the vader with the suit. And Obi Wan took out Darth Maul only because Qui Qon Jin tired Darth Maul out. Otherwise Obi Wan would've been slaughtered alone.

Darth Plagues
No Darth Maul was not focused thats why he got killed. And lets be civil here. Everybodies opinion is the same...no one's is greater than the other.

Darth Vader would win with the suit.

Human Vader
obi wan lost to maul. qui gon didnt "tire him out" he wasnt tired at all and had no problem beating obi wan. the only reason obi wan killed maul was because he was able to stop himself from falling and maul was ****ing around with him. obi wan walked away alive because of mauls stupidity and arogance.

now we can all agree....... i hope for the love of god......... that human vader will win. i mean that should go without saying and so far i havent seen too many people contradict that, so i wont go into that.

the thing with cyborg vader. its a toughy, his skill and force powers were greatly weakened. i have seen both sides of the argument in this thread and others, but i think tyrannus' mastery of force lightning alone would defeat vader, so theres no need to speak of skill. look how easily vader was killed by sidious' lightning. hes too much of machine now and the lightning will just take him out. maul is a speedy one but i think he fights very unwisely, he attacks too much with emotions, a weakness tyrannus would exploit easily.

human vader takes it, otherwise tyrannus

SnakeEyes
Well, Vader could easily block Dooku's lightning with his saber. In ROTJ, when Vader got fried by the lightning, it was intentional. He knew that he was going to die by doing what he did.

2Tidus!
But I'm Sure Dooku'll think up a plan. He won't just start using force lightning on Vader. He'll tire him out using Form II first. Remember, Form II is based around blocking and dodging attacks, tiring out your opponent and causing small wounds to him. Anyway, he'll just tire him out using Form II and then catch him off guard with his force lightning!

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Well, Vader could easily block Dooku's lightning with his saber. In ROTJ, when Vader got fried by the lightning, it was intentional. He knew that he was going to die by doing what he did.

He also didn't have a lightsaber anymore.

exanda kane
I think people do under estimate suited Vader to much, I undertsand he's no RotS Vader, but remember if Lucas had somehow put Dooku and Maul into the OT in the seventies they wouldn't be as good. The newer characters benefit to much from the new technology and special effects, making the older characters eem more redundant.

General Zodiac
True but Dooku does have more exp then Vader since Dooku was a mighty Jedi Master and a powerful Sith Lord. His is a worthy opponent for any Jedi/Sith.

Darth Infidus
Considering the History between Dooku and Vader, I think they would attack each other first. Whoever wins the fight would no doubt be tired, and then Maul would just pick up the pieces. Maul chances would be better with a weak Dooku/Vader, than they would be with a fully powered Dooku/Vader. He could still lose, but then again it would depend on how heavily wounded Dooku/Vader was, maybe one would have a cut off hand or maybe a wounded leg, now THAT would greatly increase Maul's chances.

General Zodiac
Vader/Dooku like you were saying would just overpower Maul with the force. Maul isn't a good force user and Vader and Dooku are 2 of the strongest force users.

exanda kane
Bloody hell, don't even consider Maul, he loses to vader in a straight lightsaber duel anyway, that's happened, Vader won and he didn't even use the force.

General Zodiac
When did Vader fight Maul?

Clawed The Bum
obi beat darth maul fair and sqaure( sounds childish but oh well). darth maul had a double lightsaber at first he was a sith lord and lost to a padiwan. he sucked. obi won did not get lucky becuase there is no such thing as luck. Vadar would win this becuase he can easily beat doku because of his form V

" ... there is no such thing as luck, there is only the force"
- Master Vandarr

Darth_DaNThEMaN
clawed, i thought i liked you, but uve proven me wrong.

General Zodiac
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Human Vader
clawed watch the movie again, maul dominated qui gon and obi wan

LordYomi13
Maul got owned by a friggin padawan. I'll give him kudos on killing Qui-Gonn but getting cut in half from an apprentice is a tad bit degrading.

Nai Fohl
I realy don't get the arguments some people throw in here.

I will leave a "human" Vader out of this since it's obviously that he would be the most powerful of them all.

About the "Cyborg Vader":
You have to keep in mind that there are at least 20 years between the OT and the PT - the "new" characters have better special effects, better stuntcoordination, better training behind them. Imagine ROTJ Palpatine doing what ROTS Sidious did or how the lightsaber duels in the OT would have looked if they had the same technology available they had for the PT.

Still we have a statement from Lucas that Vader in his suit is about 80 % as powerful as Sidious himself. Now have a look at the things Sidious did in ROTS. Killing three Jedi Masters within seconds, giving people like Yoda and Mace good fights. Still OT Vader would be a better swordsman than Sidious because of having more expirience with that weapon. And yes...he lost a lot of his potential when Obi-Wan defeated him but that doesn't actually mean he realy got weaker compared to pre suit Vader because Anakins powers weren't nowhere near "fully developed" in ROTS - take a look at the things NJO Luke can do and that's about 50-75 % of the things a full developed Anakin could have done.
Still OT Vader was able to carry Palpatine through the throne room on the second death star and he throw him into the core while Palpatine unleashed his force lightning on Vader.
And for his lightsaber skill: Sure it looks stupid and slow because they couldn't do that better in the 1970s. Compare ROTS Obi-Wan to ANH Obi-Wan...normaly ANH Obi-Wan had to be as fast as Dooku was in ROTS (even faster because he is younger) - he is not. See...just lack of special effects.

Anakin was powerful with a lightsaber. Vader in suit would actualy have more physical strength (complete mechanic weapon arm) and (since he mastered form V what he hasn't done in ROTS) he would be a better swordsman. So he would kill Dooku...no doubt about that. And Maul isn't even a factor here.

Human Vader
kill yourself yomi

obi wan was done, he had no weapon and was holding on for dear life. all maul had to do was force push him down or do anything except stand there and wave his lightsaber around and obi wan would have been killed. you just dont like maul so you dont want admit he could do anything in this battle

LordYomi13
Then why didn't maul do it then? He was too arrogant and cocky and was all "haha watching the sparks haha" then was like "oh crap" and then died. I like Maul, he was a very interesting character but his competence during the fight was shot. It takes brains to win a battle as well human vader.

exanda kane
And he died with no dignity, he was flipping cut in half. He's fool and doesnt deserve a fight with Vader or even Dooku.

Clawed The Bum
you have to have some power to do what suited vadar did. i mean look at what suited vadar did at the end of ROTS. they had the special effects to show what vadar could do and they did. he killed padme with just his anger. imagin him using that power in combat. yes you can only imagin becuase the old triligy didn't have the special effects to show that type of power. i mean everybody thaught it was sooo cool special effects when he choked that one dude. everybody was amazed. now days darth vadar unleased so much more power without even trying and we aren't nearly amazed now days. he didn't try to kill all those droids around him , he didn't try to brake the metal things holding his hands down. he didn't try to ( let alone want to) kill someone who was at least 100 miles away( maybe even on an other planet i don't know). why was sidiuos happy when vadar could of done all those powers. i mean he was very powerful. he killed many many many jedi before and after the day order 66 was anouced. he was the chosen one. his power exceeds doku's and mauls by far.

Darth_Glentract
ROTS Vader even would lose to Dooku. He let Anakin beat him. He could have killed one of them for sure, probably both if he was teying to kill them.

Darth Somebody
Well...

Dooku's mastery of swordplay - to me - is greater than Vader's. Maul's agility and speed are greater than Dooku's. And Vader's endurance is greater than Maul's.

Kinda all have advantages.

Mastery/Vader = Dooku
Agility/Speed = Maul
Endurance/Strength = Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.