Megaman X vs Samus Aran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilCap America
Both characters fully loaded with ALL equipment and power-ups.Now which one guns the other down!

Dizzle
Most of Megaman's weapons are pretty useless aainst anything but their intended bosses. So he has basically the same standard cannon as Samus, were she has several different types. Also, Megaman's maximum health is nothing on Samus's 15 energy tanks. Go Samus. Bounty Hunters rule.

Kiske
Megaman's weapons that he gets from bosses are specifically designed to attack specific enemies. As for Samus he has projectile missiles, machine gun, etc. Megaman X only has a buster that can charge.
If this was Megaman BN he could change styles, use different chips, a Fully-Powered MMBN can destroy Samus. But for X he is no match.

shadow12
zero would put up a better fight anyway
samus wins

SoulZero
Just because his weapons are meant to be used against a specific enemy, that doesnt take away the effectiveness against Samus and she does have alot of energy but he has sub-tanks and four to be exact and also he is has a little bit more agility then samus what with his ability to dash from one point to another and have u forgotten about the Giga Crush!

Acrosurge
Hello folks.

I'm glad there are so many X and Samus fans out there who took the time to post on this topic. Samus is a very intelligent, capable fighter with great hardware. However, in this fight, she is up against the most powerful android that could ever created. I think X would take Samus down 10/10, even with his standard armor. Why? He's faster, vastly stronger, and as an android possesses super human reflexes and targeting ability. His senses allow him to perceive the world in 360 degrees.

If one actually follows the storyline of the X games, one discovers that X's potential power is unlimited. Giving him access to all of his powers and upgrades is essentially pitting Samus against Goku.

I'm curious about the posters who said X's weapons were useless (or perhaps were confusing him with Mega Man). X's special weapons are nearly always quite deadly. Among his most impressive powers are the ability to summon lightning, create black holes, manipulate time, manipulate gravity, turn invisible/intangible, summon tornadoes, create impenetrable shields, create duplicates, and dish out enough plasma energy to create small suns. His arsenal also includes every element including fire, ice, and lightning. He's got numerous, rapid fire missile weapons, with seeking ability advanced enough to strike speedsters and teleporters.

All this and we haven't even touched on X's ability to increase his powers with armor, which gives him access to even greater amounts of speed, strength, durability, and firepower.

Energy tanks? X retains a colossal energy meter which he can completely refill four times. If X is getting access to all his powers, this means that he'll be able to refill his own energy automatically without tanks (another of his nifty powers).

And now a bit on X's native weapon, the X-Buster. It focuses energy from X's microfusion reactor into coherent plasma beams which can be discharged rapidly (think machine gun here). The uncharged version is the size of a softball. The fully charged version is the size of a small spacecraft and capable of pulverizing multiple numbers of armored enemies at once.

I could go on. X really does vastly overpower Samus here. How much, you might ask? Well, X has been fighting for at least 200 years. At the end of his fighting career, he has been shown to contain within his body a force capable of destroying a planet for several decades. I don't think there can be any doubt left. X takes Samus 10/10

dvampire
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Hello folks.

I'm glad there are so many X and Samus fans out there who took the time to post on this topic. Samus is a very intelligent, capable fighter with great hardware. However, in this fight, she is up against the most powerful android that could ever created. I think X would take Samus down 10/10, even with his standard armor. Why? He's faster, vastly stronger, and as an android possesses super human reflexes and targeting ability. His senses allow him to perceive the world in 360 degrees.

If one actually follows the storyline of the X games, one discovers that X's potential power is unlimited. Giving him access to all of his powers and upgrades is essentially pitting Samus against Goku.

I'm curious about the posters who said X's weapons were useless (or perhaps were confusing him with Mega Man). X's special weapons are nearly always quite deadly. Among his most impressive powers are the ability to summon lightning, create black holes, manipulate time, manipulate gravity, turn invisible/intangible, summon tornadoes, create impenetrable shields, create duplicates, and dish out enough plasma energy to create small suns. His arsenal also includes every element including fire, ice, and lightning. He's got numerous, rapid fire missile weapons, with seeking ability advanced enough to strike speedsters and teleporters.

All this and we haven't even touched on X's ability to increase his powers with armor, which gives him access to even greater amounts of speed, strength, durability, and firepower.

Energy tanks? X retains a colossal energy meter which he can completely refill four times. If X is getting access to all his powers, this means that he'll be able to refill his own energy automatically without tanks (another of his nifty powers).

And now a bit on X's native weapon, the X-Buster. It focuses energy from X's microfusion reactor into coherent plasma beams which can be discharged rapidly (think machine gun here). The uncharged version is the size of a softball. The fully charged version is the size of a small spacecraft and capable of pulverizing multiple numbers of armored enemies at once.

I could go on. X really does vastly overpower Samus here. How much, you might ask? Well, X has been fighting for at least 200 years. At the end of his fighting career, he has been shown to contain within his body a force capable of destroying a planet for several decades. I don't think there can be any doubt left. X takes Samus 10/10

Nice post! thumb up

TwisterGameX
Megaman spanks Samus

Acrosurge
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Megaman spanks Samus *looks confused* Call me an anal fanboy, but isn't this match between X and Samus? Mega Man vs Samus puts a totally different spin on things. Mega Man is vastly inferior to X.

TwisterGameX
*looks confused* Call me an anal fanboy, but isn't this match between X and Samus? Mega Man vs Samus puts a totally different spin on things. Mega Man is vastly inferior to X.

The title says MEGAMANX same thing just different version.

Acrosurge
The title says MEGAMANX same thing just different version. I'm sure you've picked up by now that I'm a Mega Man fanboy. I've loved the games since they debuted in the States back in the 80's.

Just thought I'd mention that X and Mega Man are in fact two different characters. Weird, but true! Capcom's Keji Inufane has stated that the "Mega Man" from the original series and "X" of the Mega Man X series are two, seperate robots.

So, same franchise, different characters. Should I be judging X's powers or Mega Man's?

TwisterGameX
I'm sure you've picked up by now that I'm a Mega Man fanboy. I've loved the games since they debuted in the States back in the 80's.

Just thought I'd mention that X and Mega Man are in fact two different characters. Weird, but true! Capcom's Keji Inufane has stated that the "Mega Man" from the original series and "X" of the Mega Man X series are two, seperate robots.

So, same franchise, different characters. Should I be judging X's powers or Mega Man's?

X owns megaman

Acrosurge
X owns megaman Agreed. X vs Mega Man isn't even a contest. Don't get me wrong, the original Blue Bomber was strong, but no where near X's level.

Gouki
One quick question, who could beat X?
I ask this, because he seems like a pretty tough dude to beat.
I don't know much about Mega Man, so, is there anyone who could take him down?

Thunder Fox
zero is the best match for him in his games seeing as they are S class reploids

Gouki
Alrighty.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Gouki
One quick question, who could beat X?
I ask this, because he seems like a pretty tough dude to beat.
I don't know much about Mega Man, so, is there anyone who could take him down? In his series, Zero and Sigma have the best chance of defeating X. Thing is, X is exactly like Goku; he has limitless potential power and continues to grow stronger over time. Sigma is virtually immortal, and each time he returns from destruction, he's more powerful than before (this is how he can overshadow X until X's power grows again). Great Redips and Ninetails were able to defeat X, Zero, and their allies effortlessly, but Redips was literally omnipotent and Ninetails was very close to the same.

Outside of the X series, various video game, comics, and anime characters might have a shot at beating X. Superman, the Silver Surfer, many of the DBZ characters, planet-destroying Final Fantasy characters; these are the kind of folks who have a chance at taking down X with all of his upgrades/powers.

Mega Man is a completely different story. He's a robot with a human-like mind, superman human strength enabling him to lift massive amounts of weight (he lifted Dr. Wily's fortress after it started to collapse), titanium armor, superhuman agility, and the Mega Buster. He can also channel energy into his fist for his Mega Uppercut, a Dragon Punch-like attack. His special ability allows him to copy the powers of opponents. He also has extremely high resistance to hacking and reprogramming. You might think of him as a more powerful version of Astro Boy.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
zero is the best match for him in his games seeing as they are S class reploids Zero also has a form of unlimited potential power. His android DNA allows him to dramatically increase his physical abilities with the addition of a special energy matrix, termed the Maverick Virus. On his own, Zero can locally focus his potential power through weapons, such as his Z Saber, an energy blade. As Thunder Fox rightly stated, Zero also has terrifying fighting skills.

IcePunk
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...fanboy....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...fanboy who know nothing of...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Samus's capabilties...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IcePunk
Wasnt Zero sliced in two at one point and amost died? Unlimited power my ass! And the same goes for X!

swedish_bum
Originally posted by IcePunk
Wasnt Zero sliced in two at one point and amost died? Unlimited power my ass! And the same goes for X! I totally agre with Ice..

Acrosurge
Wasnt Zero sliced in two at one point and amost died? Unlimited power my ass! And the same goes for X! Twice, my grammatically challenged friend. The first time, he self-destructed to save X. The second time, he was rent in two by Sigma. Neither X, nor Zero died from this incident, even after losing 75% of their bodies. Samus would not be so lucky should she lose an equal portion of her body (attractive though it may be).

Since you feel that I am unlearned of Samus's powers, perhaps you would tell me more of her abilities. I know that her suit gives her superhuman agility, strength, computer enhanced targeting, and terrestrial-level weaponry.

Zair-Chaos
Zero and X were killed but then again they are androids they could just wait until Samus dies because shes human. Happy Dance

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Zair-Chaos
Zero and X were killed but then again they are androids they could just wait until Samus dies because shes human. Happy Dance What a grand strategy! big grin

DiamondBullets
Yep, and then he would have Samus' power.......

Acrosurge
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Yep, and then he would have Samus' power....... ...X using the Morph Ball? Hmmmm.

Shadow x 20
Whoever says Samus doesn't know about X. Just ask Acrosurge. He knows more about X then anyone else I met on KMC.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Whoever says Samus doesn't know about X. Just ask Acrosurge. He knows more about X then anyone else I met on KMC. Well, thank you Shadow x 20! smile

Shadow x 20
No problem. X pwns Samus.

Zair-Chaos
Yes he was but that does not mean anything since we aren't discussing zero it is X vs Samus and X was never defeated in battle. happy

SaTsuJiN
lol, thats like saying the power rangers were never defeated in battle

Shadow x 20
SaTsuJiN, I can't tell if that's for or against X so I'm just going to smile and nod.

X pwns Samus.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol, thats like saying the power rangers were never defeated in battle X has been defeated by:

Vile (twice)
Mac (treacherous Hunter!)
Sigma (at least three times)
Zero
High Max
Spider
Wild Jango
Shadow (not the Hedgehog, but an uber reploid)
Great Redips
Ninetails (not the Pokemon, but a really uber reploid)
Dark Elpizo (stabbed X with an elf-saber while X was out of his body)

In time, X has been able to overcome everyone on this list. His power simply increases over time with no limit.

As a side note, *points to avatar* that's X in his Hermes armor.

SaTsuJiN
my point is that one does not have to cease function to lose.. one can simply be impaired... do you think zero could have entered combat with 70% of his body damaged?.. of course not.. he was defeated, regardless of whether he lived or not.. defeat is what we are discussing here are we not?

IcePunk
X has been defeated by:

Vile (twice)
Mac (treacherous Hunter!)
Sigma (at least three times)
Zero
High Max
Spider
Wild Jango
Shadow (not the Hedgehog, but an uber reploid)
Great Redips
Ninetails (not the Pokemon, but a really uber reploid)
Dark Elpizo (stabbed X with an elf-saber while X was out of his body)

In time, X has been able to overcome everyone on this list. His power simply increases over time with no limit.

As a side note, *points to avatar* that's X in his Hermes armor.

Samus has been defaeted by..............................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................none!!!

Acrosurge
Samus has been defaeted by..............................................................................................
.................................................................................................none!!! Not true. Samus was defeated by the pirate, Mecha-Ridley and had her ship shot down. She lost her power suit in this incident. (Metroid: Zero Mission)

After retrieving a hatchling metroid from planet SR-388, Samus was again unable to defeat the new Ridley. In other words, she was underpowered. (Super Metroid)

Only a short while later, near the planetary HQ of the Space Pirates, Samus was attacked by a massive Metroid. It completely owned her and drained her of power, but stopped before killing her cause it remembered Samus was the one who saved it earlier. Awwwww! (Super Metroid)

Soon after, Mother Brain owned Samus again with an exo-skeleton that shrugged the bounty hunter's weapons off like rainwater. The Hatchling had to come in and save Samus's skin again!

Let's see, who else has gotten the better of Samus... the X Parasite! It got through Samus's defenses (guns, armor, everything) and infected her body suit. Samus was completely defenseless (which means the Sigma Virus would do quite a number on her body and her tech).

During Metroid Fusion, above SR-388, Samus again encountered a foe she could not defeat: The Omega Metroid. She survived only because the X Parasite benevolently fused with Samus's Fusion Suit, not by her own skill, or even the power of her Suit.

Samus has also been struck down by a simple busrt of lightning in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

So, it can clearly be seen that Samus's track record is hardly as pristine as some would make it out to be. Also, she's never fought any foes even remotely close to the godlike levels that X and Zero battle (Lumine, Great Redips, Dark Elf, Omega, just to name a few). This is why I believe X would crush Samus in a fight.

SaTsuJiN
Also, she's never fought any foes even remotely close to the godlike levels that X and Zero battle (Lumine, Great Redips, Dark Elf, Omega, just to name a few). This is why I believe X would crush Samus in a fight.

thats simply because capcom doesnt own the rights to metroid.. otherwise she'd be fighting god out in the middle of outer space shooting hadoukens, knocking planets out of their orbits and what not

however I applaud your knowledge of metroid.. good show smile

Acrosurge
thats simply because capcom doesnt own the rights to metroid.. otherwise she'd be fighting god out in the middle of outer space shooting hadoukens, knocking planets out of their orbits and what not

however I applaud your knowledge of metroid.. good show smile *bows politely* Thank you.

DarkC
Samus.

Hoshi
IF X has all his powers , that means samus can use the hyper beam from super metroid ,and the super armor from metroid fusion ,and could call her ship to help (her ship has been upgraded since mp2 and is totally kicking ass) .Although i cant say she would win , most likely X would still win , but not easily , that is for sure . Her armor technology is probaly more advanced and she has the abilities of the chozos inside her bloody , she sure isnt a pushouver.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Hoshi
IF X has all his powers , that means samus can use the hyper beam from super metroid ,and the super armor from metroid fusion ,and could call her ship to help (her ship has been upgraded since mp2 and is totally kicking ass) .Although i cant say she would win , most likely X would still win , but not easily , that is for sure . Her armor technology is probaly more advanced and she has the abilities of the chozos inside her bloody , she sure isnt a pushouver. Samus is no pushover. She's quite resourceful and her armor technology is powerful. She's gotten out of countless tight situations and overcome powerful enemies in her own right.

Shadow x 20
But in the end X would win.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
But in the end X would win. Or in the beginning, if he decides to deactivate Samus's suit simply by thinking it (reference Mega Man Zero 3).

Shadow x 20
Dang. I forgot about that. X pwns this fight.

Hoshi
Or in the beginning, if he decides to deactivate Samus's suit simply by thinking it (reference Mega Man Zero 3).

it is very possible that it doesnt work so well against samus technology since it is totally different from anything from capcoms world.

Acrosurge
it is very possible that it doesnt work so well against samus technology since it is totally different from anything from capcoms world. S'okay. X still has a plethora of ice based powers to choose from, including a very nifty Ice area attack. Or he could simply swallow her with a black hole. Or stop time and crush her suit with his bare hands. *shrugs*

Shadow x 20
X would beat down Samus bvy freezing time. Samus has nothing on Megaman X.

Hoshi
you guys thing to low on samus .Although i agree she would lose i am pretty sure it wouldnt be easy , remember that she also have ice based attack , that although arent so huge as the ones from X , probaly are at the same level power since samus beams can freeze even water .X black holes are just to unreal , the black holes he creates are at least 1/9999999999999 the power of a real one, since a real one, from the size of 1cm would be able to swallow the earth easily, and that is already proved.

Acrosurge
you guys thing to low on samus. Not at all. Samus is quite formidable, but against X at full power, she is literally up against a planet-buster.

Onikirimaru
remember that she also have ice based attack , that although arent so huge as the ones from X , probaly are at the same level power since samus beams can freeze even water.

Her Ice beams can freeze water? What power! She must have extraodinarly strong abilities if her Ice Beam, so named because it can create Ice, (Ice being frozen water) can freeze water! What power?

Using this same track of logic, I have come to the conclusion that I own the most powerful pencil in the universe, because it can write things.

SaTsuJiN
to freeze a small body of water, and to create ice are two different things.. the first having to have a large temperature drop coming from an outside source.. where the second only requires the action to occur within the chamber of the arm cannon.. so the first requires more energy to accomplish.. assuming that the arm cannon obtaining infinite water isnt totally obsurd as it is

Acrosurge
to freeze a small body of water, and to create ice are two different things.. the first having to have a large temperature drop coming from an outside source.. where the second only requires the action to occur within the chamber of the arm cannon.. so the first requires more energy to accomplish.. assuming that the arm cannon obtaining infinite water isnt totally obsurd as it is Actually, creating large icebergs from thin air would take quite a bit more energy than freezing preexisting body of water. X does this with his Frost Tower abilities and there is no arm cannon involved.

And I feel like I should mention that most of X's ice-type weapons not only generate blocks of ice for offensive attacks or defense, but also freeze objects on contact.

SaTsuJiN
samus' icebeam from supermetroid didnt have to be charged to freeze objects on contact.. but they changed it in prime hehe

Acrosurge
samus' icebeam from supermetroid didnt have to be charged to freeze objects on contact.. but they changed it in prime hehe Forgive me, I missed the relevance of this point. What significance does Samus's ability to charge the icebeam have in this discussion? Full powered, X completely overwhelms Samus. The icebeam will not tip the odds in her favor. None of her technology would, really.

Shadow x 20
X wins this battle. Megaman X is far greater then Samus can hope to be.

SaTsuJiN
Forgive me, I missed the relevance of this point. What significance does Samus's ability to charge the icebeam have in this discussion? Full powered, X completely overwhelms Samus. The icebeam will not tip the odds in her favor. None of her technology would, really. It wasnt my point actually.. if you read the posts above mine you will see who brought up the Ice cannon issue.

the flaw with this battle is that theres no rules set (once again, what a surprise).. but then again... its what we've grown accustomed to here at KMC, isnt it?

Acrosurge
It wasnt my point actually.. if you read the posts above mine you will see who brought up the Ice cannon issue.

the flaw with this battle is that theres no rules set (once again, what a surprise).. but then again... its what we've grown accustomed to here at KMC, isnt it? True. EvilCap America simply stated that both characters would enter battle with all their powerups. I simply assumed that both characters would be fighting each other in a neutral environment. X has a massive advantage in sheer power, durability, and ability, which is why I gave him the win.

TwisterGameX
SAMUS!!! wait the blue guy!! wait, I DON"T KNOW. BUMP

gryphon
They meet on eHarmony, have a kid who then proceeds to beat kirby and Rogue (from X-Men) in a fight. He goes on to defeat both of his parents then rules the universe forever. Questions or concerns go to the Head of my Complaints Department, that kid.

The Scenario
Wow, that's some pretty serious thread necromancy. Last post was in 2006.

Hm, that's long enough for Metroid Prime 2 to have been out, at least. Seems Samus has been slightly underestimated.

Chad Nossmen
I voted for yours vote for mine

COG Veteran
Wow, talk about dead threads rising from '06. But samus speed balls his feet out, pins him down with her foot, and blasts his head off.

Cyner
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Wow, talk about dead threads rising from '06. But samus speed balls his feet out, pins him down with her foot, and blasts his head off.

As cool as that sounds, X is much more physically powerful than Samus. Although I believe she has a lot more power in her weapons. A distanced fight would be better for Samus.

Sacred 117
If characters have "all of their upgrades", doesn't that includes Samus' 100% phazon power, which puts her in perpetual Hyper Mode? IIRC, that makes her vulnerable to virtually... nothing! Besides phazon, of course, and LOTS OF IT. Something X doesn't have at his disposal.

Cyner
Originally posted by Sacred 117
If characters have "all of their upgrades", doesn't that includes Samus' 100% phazon power? IIRC, that makes her vulnerable to virtually... nothing!

All her suits together give her like 99.9999999 etc damage resistance. Varia reduces by 50, gravity by 75, phazon by 90, dark by 50, light by 75, hazard by 75, non of this includes the extra abilities granted by each suit or even quantifies the durability. I would quantify it if i wasn't posting from my phone.

Makes me wonder if samus could fire the light beam and travel through it at light speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.