references to the other movies in this one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sileas
...or some such.....

somewhere I read in a review that there were "nods" to the other batman movies in this one, and after thinking about it.....

the first scene in the first movie---ends up where he yanks the guy up close and says "I'm Batman!" there was a similar scene in BB. ok, at some point it's polite to give your name to the person you're beating up but.....

second movie, BR, there's two thugs of the penguin in a car, and he pulls them right out of the car through the top. same thing, more or less, happens in this one, when falcone goes back to his car and is trying to load his gun, and then he gets yanked out through a window or something.

In BF there were many shots of a hand grasp-----not a handshake so much as----well, like when dick greyson does some fancy flip/jump at the circus and his dad catches him, you see their grip. also when he pulls batman out of the pit when he'd been buried by two face, same grip. also when batman goes down and gets robin at the end of the movie---same shot. now in BB, we see the same shot I think when he's waking up from the toxin, he's apparently dreaming about his dad, and you see a hand reach up (his as a kid) and his dad grab it. same thing.

now I realize these all may just be coincidences too, but......? as for things from the fourth movie, don't ask me. I only saw it once, and that's enough for me, thank you very much.

any others?

Red Superfly
Coincidence.

tpaquin
yup. People imitate other people unintentionally all the time. I think the last thing that nolan would intentionally do would be to "nod" any of the movies that this franchise is paving over.

Sileas
humph. schmoll

Red Superfly
^^ That smilie is pretty funny.

LousyBoy
And not to mention when he was driving with Rachel down the path to the Batcave, just like Keaton did with Bassinger.

Red Superfly
Yeah, and he wore a suit which was black.....JUST LIKE MICHAEL KEATON DID!

NoFate007
And his name was Bruce Wayne...just like...

These are coincidence, and if any of them are an homage, its the "I'm Batman!' line

DarkAge
Why would they refer to those movies when the very title of this movie treats them with utter contempt?

Sileas
lousy boy---agree. I don't think the girl rode with him in any of the others, did she?

i still thinik i'm right. yes

SpyCspider
the only reference that really stood out was the "I'm Batman" line. C'mon it's so obvious it's not really funny. That line was the most memorable quote in 1989 Batman (in addition to Joker's "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" & "Where does he get those wonderful toys?). Even in Batman & Robin, George Clooney said "Hi Freeze....I'm BATMAN" (in a corny way).

All the other stuff...hand pulling villains out, driving girl, that's just coincidence or better yet, it just fit the plot. Batman's supposed to be this hidden ninja vigilante so when a shot of him pulling thugs out of a car, that's simply called BADASS. As for driving a girl, he does that in the cartoons too....or a hero rescues a damsel in distress, what's so special about that?

LousyBoy
I think it obviously had some referances. The "Im Batman" line. When hes driving towards the batcave down what appears to be a dead end with a woman. (Bassinger and Holmes) and when the train crashes at the end. That was obviously done with miniatures just like the scene when Joker shot down the Batwing and it crashed, they used miniatures. And the scenes were kinda alike. I dont disagree with anyone who says it had some referances.

Sileas
(but happy to say even nolan's fingernail clippings are smart enough not to repeat the butt shots!)

hm....I seem to have become a senior member......does this mean I get a platinum card?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.